SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA's Content

There have been 1000 items by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#130460 A Good Coupler

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 November 2007 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

Sand out the inside of the coupler SLIGHTLY with either a rolled-up piece of sandpaper or a Dremel. You do not want to remove a lot of material, or the barrel might fly off when you shoot the gun.

From the description you gave, it sounds like the barrels were 1/2" CPVC nested in 1/2" PVC or something of the sort. I have no idea why you would need to nest barrels like that unless the coupler he used was 1/2" PVC. Usually you only nest if the actual barrel (the one nested in the second material) has no coupler, and must be attached to the gun using the coupler of the larger material.

For an easier to reload coupler mod, try a speedloader. Basically, take two barrels and tape them together, pointed in opposite directions and with about 1"+ of the loading end (the one to be shoved in the coupler) hanging over the edge of the other barrel. Search for speedloader and you should find something.

#130453 Laser Cutter

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 November 2007 - 02:26 PM in Off Topic

I've had my eye on that cutter for a while now. Then again, if there is a surge in Nerf-related stuff as far as entries go, I'm not sure how original one particular mod or homemade might be. Plus, the participant would have to have their parent (for those under 18) register as a collaborator or as the creator.

#130411 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 23 November 2007 - 12:15 AM in Modifications

Ace Hardware and Home Depot both carry springs, albeit different lines. I personally prefer the HD ones. Their line is called "Handyman". For an NF, you'll want the 9713s. They come in a 2-pack for about $5-7, and their dimensions are almost identical to the NF spring's with the exception of a heavier gauge. They should be in the hardware aisle near the bolts, nuts, and hinges. I warn you though, they require heavy reinforcement to be used without destroying your gun quickly.

For a better-fitting spring, cut down an AR-15 buffer spring available here.

#130370 Basic Sspb Rebarreling

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 November 2007 - 05:49 PM in Modifications

Do you have a question, or did you revive this thread for no particular reason?

#130364 Disk Shot Mod (advanced)

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 November 2007 - 04:32 PM in Modifications

Don't revive threads.

To answer your question, yes. Although, it would help to have a spring from a TTG or something similar. The closer the spring's length to the NF's, the better.

#130281 Nerfing's Against The Rules...

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 21 November 2007 - 02:04 AM in General Nerf

I'm the quiet kid in class, and I can get away with it. I draw full designs for my shotty in Alg. II and the teacher doesn't even say anything. None of them do. Of course, that doesn't mean that you should do that or that you can get away with it. Just put the design or sketch away, and go back to your work and they will probably leave you alone.

#130000 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 17 November 2007 - 03:45 PM in Homemades

CPVC in the shell lines up with the brass in the barrel almost perfectly.

Is there any problem with the dart's transition from CPVC to brass? If not, I think my redesign of my shotgun concept might work. Since brass shells are expensive and time-consuming to make, I was going to use CPVC ones.

#129965 Secret Shot 1 Mod

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 16 November 2007 - 11:55 PM in Modifications

It looks like the plunger head from the X-Bow. Is it like a rubber washer? If so, then you can slip it off by forcing it forward. Find the blue plastic ring next. Put your thumb in the groove and push down and it should snap off (not break, just slip off). Both can be put back on in the same way.

#129896 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 16 November 2007 - 03:07 PM in Homemades

Great work, Rifle. Does your gun fire megas like the FAR, or do you have a nested brass barrel and some inserts in those shells?

#129841 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 November 2007 - 11:00 PM in News

No. Too much work, too easy to screw up, not enough gain. Use the 6-round mags or the 12-rounders. I'm not going to stop you from trying, but it's a waste of time.

#129831 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 November 2007 - 10:32 PM in News

A double magazine is 12 shots. Trips would be in the 18+ range, but the spring problems and sheer size make it impractical. Do two double magazines spaced next to each other by PVC. (Not my idea, but I can't remember who thought of the PVC spacers.)

Also, I doubt that they are going to go back and add a second mag to the package. They might make the move to stock stores with the spares, but I wouldn't bet on it until we get some more info.

#129829 The Black Friday

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 November 2007 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

I don't go out for the Black Friday stuff. Great way to get yourself engulfed by a sea of rabid shoppers. However, I may try to get some games this year. I would bet that the 360s, or at least some games, would be marked down. That's what I'm most interested in. A nice wide-screen (a new one) would be great, too. Unfortunately, that's what's going to be swamped the most: TVs.

#129827 Nerf And Police

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 November 2007 - 10:23 PM in Nerf Wars

One problem is that police respond extremely fast if they think you have an actual firearm. If you see a cruiser pull up to you, or an officer approach you, take your finger off the trigger (holstering your gun is even better if you can). Don't swing the gun at him or her or in their general direction. Calmly explain what you're doing, and offer some darts and a small gun like an NF to them to see or try for themselves if they want. This may sound kind of serious, but there have been enough accidents in this state where airsofters have been in a brush with an officer and come away shaken or even shot. Just be careful. Of course, if you have a gun like the Manta or a really loud paint scheme, then you have significantly less to worry about, but that's no reason not to be careful.

#129775 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 November 2007 - 04:44 PM in News

No. I know that I have not seen the gun in person, but look where they put the lock for the spare mag. It's halfway between the grip and the shoulder rest. The double-mag would hit the grip before it fit in there..

#129747 Scout Questions

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 November 2007 - 11:29 PM in Modifications

No, you're screwed. If you busted in the back of the plunger tube (or in this case, inverse plunger), then you'll have to replace it or have to be godly with epoxy and precision. Even after repairs, it will be a weak point and not be perfectly aligned, which isn't ideal for the spot that has to support the force of a spring.

#129743 Scout Questions

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 November 2007 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

Yeah, jwasko's got it. I haven't touched my Scout in a few months. That, and the fact that it operates differently than half of the inverse-plunger guns in my arsenal. But I do know that the green-squared area was completely off.

#129738 Scout Questions

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 November 2007 - 10:10 PM in Modifications

Bic is a brand name. But what the hell is that thing connecting the cocking rod on the slide to the inside of the gun shell? If that's a spring, then it isn't the right one. It also looks like you don't have a catch spring at all. See that orange ring around your primary spring? The peg in back of that is where you need to stick the pen spring (if you can find one).
Posted Image
In short, the pen spring needs to go on the catch (red circled piece, the actual spring goes where jwasko indicates in his next post). The original extension spring (the one that snaps back when you pull the ends apart) that was on the cocking rod (green square) should have stayed there.

#129733 Screwed Up Hornet Valve

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 November 2007 - 08:21 PM in General Nerf

Something within the gun is jammed or stuck. This happens to me all the time, so I just rack the slide back and forth a couple times (HARD), and then pull the trigger to cycle through the barrels. Try that first, and then take it apart to see if something got caught up on the trigger system or valve.

#129683 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 November 2007 - 01:16 AM in Modifications

That has to be it. It's the only option left...

Here's to hoping it's worth something. Does it seem like you can do any of the LBB or 4B mods to it?

#129666 Scout Questions

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 November 2007 - 10:59 PM in Modifications

Take a .2" (1/5") steel rod and replace the cocking rod (Carbon's inner 4th-grader is infectious). Then, find a Bic click-pen and replace the catch spring with the one from the pen tip. You may also want to reinforce the catch and the catch face on the reverse plunger.

#129659 Naruto Mega Strike Shuriken

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 November 2007 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

At least my idea is catching on... Perhaps if you sandwiched the PVC between two shuriken and filled in all empty space around the pipes with FBR, the frag-star concept would be effective (and safe to throw). Care to test it out, bags?

#129658 The Ratchetblast

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 November 2007 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

Carbon: Looking good so far. I hope to see the next version out soon...

jwasko: You would have to be careful about the placement of the tubing for the SMDTGs. The valves would have to be placed on the front of cut-down barrels or something, since I recall the individual lines for each barrel coming out of the side of the valve housing.

Random: Does anyone else think the RB looks and functions uncannily like the Dispersion Gun from Timesplitters: Future Perfect? Perhaps a muzzle extension would complete the effect.

#129648 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 November 2007 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

The plunger is removed by unscrewing the plate at the back of the plunger tube on the bolt sled and pulling the assembly out. If you want to separate the plunger tube from the bolt sled, you can't do it through anything short of sawing the two apart near the silver pin towards the bolt face.

#129624 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 November 2007 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Did it look like this?

Posted Image

#129614 Just This Thing I Picked Up At Kb Toys

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 November 2007 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

Lanard Sonic Bazooka. Despite their small size, they are very powerful (A singled SB can shoot like a 2k with proper modding). Get it if you can.
There is an OPRV, but it's not hard to plug. The only really annoying thing about this gun is the small, curved handle. You can replace that, though.

#129536 Solenoid Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 12 November 2007 - 02:14 PM in Homemades

Solenoids for 1" connections run about $10-15 at Home Depot and Lowes.

#129533 Need Help Locating A Gun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 12 November 2007 - 02:03 PM in General Nerf

I thought TRU used to have some, but that could have been a rarity that only happened at one place...

#129532 Solenoid Question

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 12 November 2007 - 02:00 PM in Homemades

Electric solenoids (which are the fastest, and what you want) will stay open for as long as the electricity is flowing, and open and close extremely fast. I suggest having two solenoids, one connected to the storage tank that lets air into a secondary, firing tank. Once the secondary tank is primed, the valve is closed and another valve on the other end is opened and fires the dart.

#129521 Broken Hornet

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 12 November 2007 - 11:28 AM in General Nerf

Slug hit it on the head. If the air is leaking slowly (pressure will build up at first, then leak out), then give the side of the gun a few hard taps. This should jostle the valves enough to close. Once you fix that, the valves should be fine until you store the gun for a while. Try spraying some lubricant in there if you open the gun again.

#129283 When Did This Come Out...

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 09 November 2007 - 11:35 PM in General Nerf

Bullet, I suggest you take that advice before the admins hurt you.

The gun doesn't seem to have much potential, and it's unwieldy. However, I want someone to prove me wrong.

#129231 New Possible Nerf Grenade

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 09 November 2007 - 04:13 PM in Homemades

No. Too long to prime, too difficult to cook (hold until the time to throw is there), and too loud (to fill, in particular). Plus, Nerf grenades really don't have a use in most wars.

#129230 All Aluminum Paintball (and Nerf) Bolt-action Rifle

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 09 November 2007 - 04:10 PM in Homemades

The king has returned! That thing is in-fucking-sane. For a second, I thought this was a necroed thread, then I saw the title and the reply count and thought it couldn't be true. I almost ruined a $55 pair of pants when I saw that gun, though. Keep it up, man.

#129148 Rf 20

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 08 November 2007 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

This question has since been answered (numerous times, though not here), and the thread is over three years dead. Several members who replied to this are no longer even active. Please clean up your posts and don't revive threads.

#129129 The F.r.o.f.c.r. Build File

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 08 November 2007 - 05:16 PM in Homemades

If you're serious about making this with as high an ROF as possible, you ought to use a tank. Keep a butane-air mixture in that tank and use a two-ball-valve gate to let equal amounts into the ignition chamber at a time (see 3DBBQ's homemades for a better idea of this). They ought to sell butane lighter refill tanks at your local gas (or "petrol") station for cheap. You could also use propane from the large tanks that fuel gas grills.

#129127 Nerf...is It Stress Relieving Too You?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 08 November 2007 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

Actually, I recall your 13th being 2 months away (I validated his account at NX as a favor, so you can trust that info). So shape up or get the fuck out. I may have let you into NX, be we aren't as tolerant here.

On-topic: Yes, it's stress-relieving. Until I start a homemade and find so many details about my plans don't transfer as smoothly as I had hoped from computer to PVC. Gotta keep trying here.

#129110 Buzzbee Ball Zoo-ka Mods?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 08 November 2007 - 02:58 PM in Modifications

I don't even know what the internals look like.

What internals?

Take a pool noodle, trim it down until it fits in the muzzle, and stick a section of CPVC in the middle (Don't go more then three inches into the gun, have the rest come out the front). Viola. Manually-operated ram gun.

#129039 Magstrike @ Supermaxx 1500

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 11:26 PM in General Nerf

Hence your use of the lower-case "i" with the acute (I think that's the term, but I'm probably wrong) above it, rather than simply typing the word as I did...

On-topic (the real topic): I thought of this just now. If it's a high ROF gun you want, which is why I assume you need the MS, why not just use an RF20. Those can get up to 50+ feet with CPVC barrels and an OPRV plug, and carry twice the shot capacity of an MS. I suppose the only downside is the ungodly long reload time.

#129037 Magstrike Ar

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 11:18 PM in General Nerf

Or for a quick fix just drill out the ARs through the holes at back of the clip.

That's essentially what he did prior to posting.

#129035 Magstrike @ Supermaxx 1500

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 11:10 PM in General Nerf

I think he sees being a snіper as being able to accurately hit his target at any range given indoors (the emphasis would be on accuracy and not range or power in his case). That would be different from traditional views, where a snіper is mainly a long-range marksman, where a large effective radius and accuracy are valued more than CQB or ROF. There actually is no point to having a "snіper" or long-range gun setup in any indoor war.

DI: The censor still rejects you, though.

#129013 Magstrike Ar

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 November 2007 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

Rebarrel the clip (this is one of those few times where it's not a magazine). I'm not sure about why the ranges are less, but rebarreling with brass or PETG ought to make an appreciable difference. I would avoid CPVC because it can be too tight on darts.