SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA's Content

There have been 1000 items by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#141991 Rfr

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 February 2008 - 04:19 PM in Modifications

It would still work, but I don't think you would see any change in range. The accuracy will take a hit if you don't have a barrel, though. There's really no point in cutting or changing the gun without modding the plunger/spring, because no barrel = no accuracy, and a good barrel needs a stronger spring on the plunger to be effective. (The stock barrel does not touch the dart, so a weak spring is "fine." Once you start having the barrel touch the dart, you need a stronger spring to provide the force to overecome that friction and still get appreciable range and accuracy.

#141968 Ghillie Suits?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 February 2008 - 12:47 PM in Homemades

If this were an Airsoft site, the idea might take off. However, there's been enough discussion that sitting in a corner or going prone in the woods and picking people off all game just isn't part of the Nerf tradition. Plus, Nerf is supposed to be an inexpensive hobby.

Besides, most of the wars I've heard of take place at parks and schools. Unless you hid in a tree (assuming it's in the spring or summer), then you wouldn't have a chance to use the suit. Even if you did that, you'd get destroyed once everyone figured out your tactic and hiding spot.

Good intent, but it's not what we want.

#141915 Longshot Mod

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 February 2008 - 01:43 AM in Modifications

You could try taking a flat-bladed screwdriver and hammering it through the three supports for the restrictor. If you do that, be wary of bending the bolt, though.

Also, please check the post dates. If the last reply was over a month or two ago, then try PMing the poster or searching instead. Just a heads-up before you get flamed.

Edit:
Omega: He's new. Noobs make mistakes. I told him what he did. I'm sure you've screwed up before, too.

#141907 Gun Names

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 22 February 2008 - 01:29 AM in General Nerf

There is no ownership on a name. I can call a gun Samantha. My name, for example, could be Luke (PN's name), or any of your names. You own the gun. A piece of plastic, hot glue, and metal that has become special, but special through the physical object itself (unless it is your GF/BF's name, etc.). The name is how you address it. Can I call dibs on my name and say "everyone else called ******** must ask me permission for this name" or can the ones who named me do this? No. And for good reason.

Along the lines of FA's thought, the only names worth really broadcasting (I mean no offense, but think about it) are the ones attached to an incredible piece of work. My "Phantom," the shotgun that has been in the bowels of development hell (It will rise, once I figure out what I'm doing and get off my lazy ass again) is "named". But it's a design. Paper and graphite. It's not worth telling everyone who visits the forums "Hey, I got the Phantom zomg!!111!" if it isn't some awe-inspiring little demon that is important in some way as a contribution to the NIC. There really aren't many that care. You do, that's all that really matters (cheesy romance/moral-infused/fruity dose for the day).

#135898 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 13 January 2008 - 09:52 PM in Homemades

Damn. Long time, no posts. Got caught up in quite a bit over the holidays.

Rest assured, this project is still in the works, despite over a year in development hell. Since PVC is proving to be difficult to work around a CPVC-shell system, I am exploring new options for making the body of the gun. This includes resin-casting and using vacuum-forming for molds. I want this gun to have a nice, finished feel to it, rather than produce a model that looks and performs like crap.

Also, I will be working on that updated directory. This week is midterms (fun fun), so I'll probably have it around the weekend.

#133234 What Kind Of Glue To Use

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 20 December 2007 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Epoxy is cheap, strong, and forms a durable, long-lasting bond. Use that instead.

#133218 Wood Tipped Stefan

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 20 December 2007 - 03:46 PM in Homemades

it is also possible to break windows with this

Do you really think you should still be using these? It was a(n) good idea. You do not want to shoot people with these, probably not even use them in a war. Nerf is about using painless, or as close to it as possible, rounds to shoot each other.

#133007 Tommy 20's Older Brother

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 18 December 2007 - 08:32 PM in General Nerf

I don't get it. How come Ubermensch made the topic, and Itvills was the one who said it glitched, and what he meant to say.

He didn't. Itvills made the topic, but didn't type anything but the title. Uber then replied asking what was meant by just the title and no content in the thread. It is Itvills' topic with Uber's post listed first because the forum only recognizes posts with text or images in them, not blank entries, but will still recognize a thread if it is just a title.

#132894 '07 Highlights

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 17 December 2007 - 11:51 PM in General Nerf

Well, the end of '07 is nearing. Since we did this last year, and in this forum, I figured we ought to continue it. List the best and worst points of the year, the ones that we all remember.
  • The Great Noob Influx
  • OMC being promoted to Admin
  • CaptainSlug and Forsaken_angel24 promoted to contributors
  • The flow of new ideas and creations in the homemades and mods categories
  • The release of the Recon
  • Talio's brief return
  • Some great new members joining the site
I hope some of you can offer some info on the wars you had. I was not in attendace for any...

#132888 Zero Valve

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 17 December 2007 - 11:24 PM in Homemades

Will you all please shut the fuck up? Yeah, he posted in an old topic, but two of you posted with flames, one who didn't know what he was talking about, and one who actually tried to help. It's idiotic. He necroed once, now he has been told to not do it again. Now answer his question so the thread can die again.

BP, the valve is a simple construct that does not yield great results. Basically, it is a PVC or CPVC air tank made from a section of PVC or CPVC with plugs/caps at each end. A hole is drilled in both caps. Through this hole, a rod is fitted. This rod must plug both holes. When it is pulled one way, the other side of the rod will leave the hole in its respective cap and open the "valve" (the path between the output hole and the pressurized tank). The air will then leave through that hole. The valve is difficult to use well because the rod must slide easily and still maintain a good seal. There are better substitutes.

#132565 Danasoft

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 15 December 2007 - 06:11 PM in Off Topic

But You guys are safe because Danasoft is probably one of those sites that are run from IRAQ. And we all know Iraqis are dumb so your safe.

One of my best friends is from Iraq.

#132386 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 14 December 2007 - 01:17 AM in News

I don't think anybody has mentioned this yet:

http://www.amazon.co...LS/ref=dp_olp_2

Guy claiming to already have one to sell. He clearly can't, any thoughts from people?

As a side note, this is the same guy selling a Crossbow for $200 (http://www.amazon.co...6128144&sr=1-17)

CaptainCC is full of shit.

On a more cheery note, the release is tomorrow. And all Wal*Marts have the RC in stock? For $20? Kickass.

#132135 Nerfhaven Homemade Directory

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 11 December 2007 - 11:37 PM in Homemades

I can. The thread should be fully updated by or on the weekend. Should I post a new one to replace this, or just post it in this existing thread?

#131817 Big Blast Problemo

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 09 December 2007 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

Can you pull the trigger, or is it jammed? (The spring really has nothing to do with it.)

Can't pull ther trigger:
There is too much pressure in the tank. Take some pliers and jerk the firing pin back.

MOST LIKELY:

Can pull the trigger:
The entire assembly has slipped forward in the gun. Since the trigger is set in a groove, it cannot go forward. It remains in place and therefore the firing pin does too. Since the tank moves forward and the pin doesn't, the tank is now held open as the release port is separated from the firing pin's head. To fix, push the assembly back into the rear of the gun and glue PVC spacers onto it. These should be glued near the walls inside the shell, so that whatever parts of the gun the spacers are glued to cannot pass those points. However, the assembly can still be lifted out of the shell if repairs or modding is needed.

#131785 Night Finder Hop Up

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 09 December 2007 - 12:50 PM in Modifications

Normal flat: 53, 50, 55 Normal angled: 60,63,68

Hop up flat:49, 53, 53 Hop up angled:59(bad dart?), 65, 60

I don't see how it is all that effective. The ranges are reduced by this mod. It seems easier to just angle the gun and know where you're pointing it rather than let the barrel float and jostle with only a rubber band for support. Or is there some strange benefit that I don't see yet?

#131545 Danasoft

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 07 December 2007 - 12:13 AM in Off Topic

I really don't need shit ripping my IP. You do know that program is LOGGING our IPs and ISPs, right? Get rid of it. Now.

One, it's annoying.

Two, images in sigs are banned.

Three, I don't need SPAM or anything else hitting me because of a stupid program you saw.

Four, if anything else happens to me or my Internet service because of that sig...

#131440 Check This!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 05 December 2007 - 12:07 AM in Off Topic

You can argue that it doesn't make you think about our world's political standing, but you have to admit that it's exceptional writing.

In terms of meaning and allusion. He was a bit lax to have material for a final copy. There were a few misspellings, the grammar was off at times, and there were points that did not transition as well as they should have, especially for an article. (Take the opener to the second paragraph, for example.) Overall, though, it was well thought-out.

#131432 Check This!

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 04 December 2007 - 10:42 PM in Off Topic

We're jotting down notes for now. I'm going to type up an essay of all that he's talking about, all hidden meanings, all references. It will take a while and it will be diffucult, but Cole and me are getting to the bottom of it slowly and surely.

Is there a way I can help?
The Ender series is also a favorite of mine, Sax.

#131356 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 03 December 2007 - 08:41 PM in Off Topic

- A new 360 (mine broke)

Broke as in how? If it's because of the unit itself (or in other words, you didn't damage it), you should know that their warranties have all been extended for three years.

#131303 Outtakes Of Nerf

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 December 2007 - 10:34 PM in General Nerf

Is it me, or do an unusually high number of stories about Nerfing/PB experiences come to nut shots?

RSB: What do you mean "un-tipped missile"? It can't fire the missile without a tip to hold air, or was the missile just on for looks?

#131276 Airtech Trouble Shoot

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 December 2007 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

So, wait...the springy things do nothing?

What springy things?

Here are some links on rebarreling your ATs (selected from the directory):

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=9368

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=9368

http://nerfhaven.com...745&hl=write up

Basically, chop it at that seam that Hasbro conveniently provided. If you have to, take a Dremel (a file or sandpaper will work, but you will be there for hours) and shave out the stubs in small increments. Check the barrel fit constantly, because it is much easier to work with if the fit is nice and tight. Glue 9/16" brass or PETG in or on the stubs, and use the faceplate to align the barrels correctly.
In your case, with no Dremel, take a smaller material like 17/32 or 1/2 brass and stick it in the stubs. Nest your actual barrels over that. This ensures air delivery and barrel fit.

#131259 Airtech Trouble Shoot

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 December 2007 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

This is what happens:

The OPRV is the hole in the center of the pump head. When pressures in the tank begin to reach a level Hasbro deemed to be "too high," the valve is forced open by that pressure to maintain a safe level. With that plugged, air can be pumped into the tank indefinitely (until the tank, the line, or the plug blows).

The two slots, which are opposite but parallel to each other, are on the edge of the pump head. When the pump goes forward, the O-ring is forced into the back of its groove by friction, which creates a seal. Then the pump is pulled out, that same friction causes the O-ring to be moved to the front of its groove. This uncovers a hole in the back that allows air to travel under the O-ring and through the twin slots into the pump chamber. That's why it's important to keep them free of glue or other blocking agents.

That's the science behind it, if anyone was wondering. This is why it is alright for the glue to get on the pump head, but not over the sides. One, it blocks those slots. Two, it may glue the O-ring in place.

Some extra advice: If you are alright at splicing and replacing tubing, I recommend getting some vinyl tubing from Lowe's or Home Depot and completely re-tubing the gun. I do this to all of my air guns (where the tank is not directly attached to the pump by plastic shells) to get rid of those wires inside the stock tubes on gund like the SMDTG and Titan. These make the tubes rigid, and are annoying as hell if you need to move the tubes around for a mod. Just make sure to seal everything up with some Goop before firing. Also, those wires are curled into springs that can be used to reinforce catches, depending on the gun.

#131258 Outtakes Of Nerf

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 December 2007 - 03:42 PM in General Nerf

Her brother litterally almost pissed herself.

What?

I just had some friends over from 10 to 3, so we had a basement war. One guy sees an RFR, thinks it's good, and tries to use it. Well, one shell jams so he can't fire, and he drops the gun with the bolt open. He doesn't see the jammed shell pop out when it hit the floor. Now he's running around with a Mav trying to shoot me in the head when my teammate slides across the floor to the RFR, picks it up, closes the bolt, and shoots him in the back.

Two rounds later, another guy throws the only Barricade Buster at me, but forgot to take the frisbee out of the little carry pocket. Seeing this, I unwrap it and proceed to kill him and his teammate with it.

#131210 Nf And Ttg Spring

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 December 2007 - 02:07 AM in Modifications

The spring is, as sam stated, longer and thinner. It actually packs a lot of force in an NF. However, I'm not sure if the Handyman 9713 used in the NF mods will fit into the TTG plunger tube. I believe it's OD is too large. (The 9713 is also the only Handyman spring that is powerful enough, but shaped correctly to be used in a springer).

On the bungies, there should be no problem unless you did replace the spring. Just make sure the hooks don't start ripping up the shell if you handle it roughly. (If you have plastic/rubber hooks as opposed to the steel ones I see in stores most of the time, then that's not going to be a problem.)

#131207 Outtakes Of Nerf

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 December 2007 - 01:59 AM in General Nerf

In a basement war a few months ago, there was a small 2v2 round. I had a singled 4B, with CS's mod done to it. Both teams could see each other from the start, so a couple of the friends who were sitting out srated counting down while we aimed at each other and waited. (Those of you who play paintball know that countdown.) As soon as one of them said go, I pulled the trigger and hit one of them square in the head (right on his Dart Tag glasses). I dropped down to the floor, but realized that the other person (ironic my girlfriend decided to go to the other team) must have been flanking us. My teammate goes out to check, I hear a burst from an MS, and he doesn't get back up. This is the point we all get to in a war where we say "shit" out loud, but to ourselves. We ended up playing hide-and-seek behind the furniture for the longest two minutes of my life before I get behind her and try to shoot. Of course, the NF I was carrying was primed but not loaded. The result: a loud dryfire, her jumping, and me getting barrel-tapped. In the groin. I really hope that was accidental.

#131204 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 02 December 2007 - 01:46 AM in Off Topic

Not much really...
-crossbow if i can get one

eBay is really the only place to get them anymore (besides the NIC). Once in a great while, by sheer luck, one turns up at a yard sale or in a Goodwill/Salvation Army. Anything over $80 is a rip, though. Good luck searching.

"It's better to give than to receive damn it."

And I don't mean giving to those who are already fortunate.

I think those who are employed count as being as fortunate as I am. Also, many of those so-called "homeless" people are either normal people who dress up like hobos (I've known one who did this, for the following reason), or get $100+ in high-traffic areas like cities and supermarkets. I avoid them for both reasons. Plus, that bell is really annoying (if you've ever gone to a Wal*Mart in December, you know what I'm talking about).

#131182 What Do You Want For Xmas '07?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 01 December 2007 - 10:56 PM in Off Topic

Well, I just got 2 AT3K's today, so I can cross that off my list <_<

1. Maxshot (found an online shop who sells them)
http://www.otherland...hot-p-1701.html

You realize the pound is much stronger then the dollar (since the last time I checked), and you would have to pay for shipping from ENGLAND, right?

Actually, "Xmas" started out to be the birthday celebration of Jesus, and since He was a gift to us, we started giving gifts to each other as a tradition. That, like other Christian traditions, is being smothered with secular stuff.

Not quite. X-Mas was originally a Pagan winter ritual. When the Christians converted them, they used it as a common point by saying "celebrate your gods, but also celebrate the true son of God, Jesus." After time, the other gods were forgotten, and the once-Pagan holiday became the Christian adoption Christmas. For further proof, the shepards in the Bible would not have been tending their herds during that time. The winters in the West Bank were too cold. Also, many Eastern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on the 6th of January. This would not be an issue if Jesus' birthday was clearly defined.
It's really starting to piss me off that religious people are broadcasting false information to others. I have no qualms with you for being religious, and in fact I encourage you to believe whatever you want (within reason). However, don't give your religious views to people like it's your duty to inform us of the "truth." I live reality, thank you very much. Also, evolution is true if you are not too blind to see the facts.
Oh, one more thing. I don't care what you do within your own religion, but don't start attacking others. We push back harder. And we don't care who you are.

Anyways, my list:
  • New laptop
  • 8 Mile on DVD
  • New flatscreen for gaming
  • New DVD player
  • 4-GB iPod Nano
  • New cell phone
  • Various materials for building some homemades
  • Money
  • I-Tunes gift card
  • Games for my 360
  • 360 Elite as opposed to my old Standard
  • Recon
  • No dumbasses begging for Christmas donations and spare change when I go to Wal*Mart
  • 2-3 SMDTGs for some new mods.
  • Permission and funding for an 08' exchange trip to Japan

#130970 Doomsayer

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 29 November 2007 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

He shot baghead.

How's the gun standing up to the durability test, Angel?

#130957 Official X Box 360 Gamertag Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 29 November 2007 - 07:57 PM in Off Topic

I believe that using an Intercooler voids your warrantee, but I am not sure as of now. However, they do seem to attempt to give you a consolation gift each time, or at least in the States. They gave me a 1-month the first time I sent it in, and now a replacement console is coming back with a free game. Bill Gates help them if I have to send this one back.

For those of you who still want to use ICs (Intercoolers) just to be safe, you may want to check this out. It's an Instructable on how to convert your IC to run from a wall outlet rather than suck energy from the console. In the introduction, there is also a link to a setup that uses batteries, but I would go with this one.

#130867 Secretivness Of Mods

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 28 November 2007 - 05:11 PM in General Nerf

Problems with not sharing mods:
  • It doesn't advance the hobby, which is why most of us do share mods. For the benefit of the other 5000-some-odd active members here. Improvements can't be made by those repeating the process.
  • People can't believe your ranges without knowing what you did to get them. You could claim 100 feet from a Maverick when you did only an AR-removal and a spring replacement. People lie about their ranges because they think it makes their dicks bigger.
  • Rubbing the performance in without sharing knowledge makes you a douche.
  • The person loses a lot of respect in the community because they aren't willing to help others. Often, that person's gun breaks and they come crawling off their pedestal to beg for help from those he just pissed off, expecting them to be so overcome with sympathy that results will be produced.
My advice, either 1-up him with another mod or ignore him entirely.

#130816 Reckoning V 2008

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 27 November 2007 - 08:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Assuming my ride doesn't bail on me like the last two times, I'm in. I'll notify you ASAP if I can't come if head count affects the planning at that point.

#130778 Are You Kidding Me?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 27 November 2007 - 02:24 AM in General Nerf

Your statement is dumb, to say the least.

Welcome to the Internet world.

I honestly don't understand why there have been so many people who don't understand this concept. The XBow is off the market as far as wood-and-stone retailers go. If the reason you want one is as a collector's item, we have some that pop up on occassion. If you want a powerful gun, get an ETRL-PS. Or a 4B/BS.

Also, don't bring sexual orientation or race or gender or any of that into this site. I'm not a homosexual, but it's offensive to see those terms. It degrades those who should be treated as equally as anyone just based on a personal choice.

#130774 Are You Kidding Me?

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 27 November 2007 - 01:38 AM in General Nerf

I wish Nerf would continue the Crossbow again! They would make alot of money out off them!

They would be worthless. Xbows are outperformed by at least ten common guns on the market. The re-release would give noobs access to something that used to hold a kind of collector's value. It's kind of like a graduation rite in Nerfing to have one, since they are so "legendary." Now, what would happen to that if anybody could walk into Wal*Mart and pick up a relic like that?

#130767 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 November 2007 - 11:47 PM in Modifications

I would just do a 1/2" PVC coupler and nest PETG/brass in PVC, it will make your ROF a lot faster, and you won't lose much on distance.

That's what a nested brass barrel is. The PETG might fit into the coupler itself, but if not then you might want to sand out some PVC or make an adapter.

#130761 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 November 2007 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

No. Do you want to use brass or PETG? If brass, then you have to make a nested barrel. I know, this is a Max Shot mod, but skip down to step 6 and I explain the nested brass barrel. The only thing you have to do is adapt the coupler end to fit onto your SS2.

If you want a UBS or a PETG barrel, you'll have no choice but to follow bag's instructions.

Edit: Link wasn't working. Try it now.

#130726 Shotgun Help

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 26 November 2007 - 06:20 PM in General Nerf

Think, sputnik.

Is the dart in the way of the turret's rotational path (does it stick out and get caught on a surface on the gun)? Is the rotation mech jammed (you'll have to open the gun for that one)? Did something on the slide, plunger, or RM snap or bend?

#130635 For The Love Of Forums...

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 25 November 2007 - 01:07 PM in Off Topic

No, he just quoted the entire CoC in the second part of his post. Also, a new member with little respect trying to post something like this is going to get flamed. Nobody's going to listen, it's not going to carry any weight, and you don't get yourself a good rep. It has to be a voice of authority that says it. (found that out the hard way)

#130604 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2007 - 11:46 PM in News

I wish I knew if the RC's slide is an inner one or outer one.

In reference to what?

#130603 Official X Box 360 Gamertag Thread

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2007 - 11:44 PM in Off Topic

IShadowHunterI

Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Gears of War

Offline until my 360 is fixed for the second goddamn time.

The red ring of death (RROD) is a MAJOR failure with the 360. So major, and so common that all warranties were extended to 3 years. It is caused due to extreme hardawre failure or overheating. My theory is that the heat either trips sensors or cracks the solder on the boards. It actually melts some Intercoolers onto the console. There is no way to fix it yourself, and all consoles are vulnerable. "The ring" is the 1st, 3rd, and 4th quadrants of the Ring of Light (ROL) flashing red. The upper right hand quadrant, or 2nd, should be black dead. When you see this, you are, not to put too fine a point on it, fucked. That's my summary. It is not always due to the cooling system being clogged, but the best we can do is speculate because Microsoft isn't releasing specifics. It's a nightmare even trying to talk to their service reps.

TEMPORARY FIX: This will give you an hour or more to play the first time, but less every sequential time. Take the hard drive and any connectors and adapters out of the console except for the power cord. Wrap it completely in a towel and turn it on, then let it run for 20 minutes. Turn it off, unwrap it, and let it sit for 1 minute. Play.

Other than that, you have to send the console back to be serviced. There is a station in Germany and one in Texas. Time on those is 3-6 weeks. But, they'll either send you a free 1-month gold on X-Box live or give you a free game.

#130522 Music Wire

Posted by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA on 24 November 2007 - 01:30 AM in Homemades

Try heating it up until it's red-hot (use a blowtorch, campfire, special heating lamp, etc.) and then bending it into the desired shape with pliers. Let it cool down and test how sturdy it is. (It is best to cut a length of the wire for this, a few more inches than you think you might need in case the bends take up more material).

If you don't want to do that, try just using pliers. Get the bend right the first time, though. Multiple changes to one bend can weaken that joint and it will snap eventually.