Hi Yah's Content

There have been 251 items by Hi Yah (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#226262 The Cyclops

Posted by Hi Yah on 26 April 2009 - 05:07 PM in Modifications

Why didn't you just run the tubing from the tank below the trigger and place the pump in the handle? This way you can have the nf and the at3k.

#226277 7 Shot Scattergun Attachment

Posted by Hi Yah on 26 April 2009 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

Thanks for all the support, guys! I actually prefer not to plug pumps on my air guns because I don't really trust myself. I thought about it and I'll probably plug up the 7th barrel. I want bettter ranges, dammit!

While at it you might aswell do a tank expansion.

#226281 Short Bans

Posted by Hi Yah on 26 April 2009 - 05:55 PM in Off Topic

I think when you are registering your account the admins should have the COC stay up on your screen for a period of about 2 to 3 minutes so you have nothing better to do but read it.

#226673 Stefan Dart Tutorial Video

Posted by Hi Yah on 27 April 2009 - 07:45 PM in General Nerf

I wouldn't recommend using Frost King foam or using scissors to cut your foam. If you use a razor blade your cuts will be cleaner, straighter, and the darts will fly better. You might also want to put your cut blanks in the dryer then proceed on making the dart. Other than that it was a good tutorial with clear and concise directions.

#226864 Lock N' Load Problem

Posted by Hi Yah on 28 April 2009 - 04:20 PM in Modifications

Have you lubed the plunger head yet? If not, that is most likely your problem.

#226920 Hornet Mods

Posted by Hi Yah on 28 April 2009 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys ill just reasemble my hornet and find another gun... What guns are good for practicing, ive modding a magstrike, two crossfires and a nightfinder.

Get a Pistolsplat. It's easy to mod, gets great ranges, and looks cool.

#226952 Topic Outline

Posted by Hi Yah on 28 April 2009 - 07:40 PM in Site Feedback

When I went on here today and went in a topic not only that I've seen but also posted in, I saw only the original post. I thought, "that's weird. What happened?" Then I looked at the bottom and noticed this weird outline thing at the bottom. It looked just like the homework I was supposed to be doing, except about Nerf. I clicked around a bit, and realized that you had to click to see each post. I thought "man that's weird. Is there a way to get it back to normal?" Well I haven't found a way. Is there? And am I the only one who noticed this? Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I just logged out and noticed this wasn't an issue. How do I fix this?

No, I happened to me also.

#227375 Nb-2k

Posted by Hi Yah on 30 April 2009 - 09:21 PM in Modifications

Great use of a shitty gun. Looks great too!

#227543 Brit's Paint Tutorial

Posted by Hi Yah on 01 May 2009 - 08:21 PM in Modifications

You probably should sand the gun first, so that the paint doesn't affect the moving parts of the gun.

#227564 The Better Supermaxx 3000 Thread

Posted by Hi Yah on 01 May 2009 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

It looks great, but it must be a pain in the ass to ram rod all those barrels.

#227808 Ls Help

Posted by Hi Yah on 03 May 2009 - 12:49 AM in Modifications

I use stock darts.

When in doubt, go with thick wall.

#227851 Saving For Guns?

Posted by Hi Yah on 03 May 2009 - 09:58 AM in General Nerf

Definetely don't get the vulcan. If you are not very good at modding you will break it and have just lost $40. The vulcan also get shitty ranges and isn't a war worthy gun. Get a big salvo and a pistolsplat, that will be a lot better than a vulcan, and it's about $10 cheaper.

#227970 Switchshot Ex-3

Posted by Hi Yah on 03 May 2009 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

Nice write up, but I'm a little confused on your ranges. If the plunger tube is shorter and the spring is weaker than a nitefinder how are you getting 40-50 with just an ar removal and plugging a hole?

#228887 My Ls Is Worse Than Stock

Posted by Hi Yah on 07 May 2009 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

You should check your seal on the plunger head.

#228890 Problem With Dart Making

Posted by Hi Yah on 07 May 2009 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

Hello

Ok, so I went to Lowes just a minute ago and bought some FBR and washers. The problem is when I try to hotglue the washers on, the fbr melts. Someone please help me.

Thanks

You didn't watch the video did you.
If you are using washers as weights than YOU MUST ALSO USE FELT DISCS. Sticking just a metal washer onto the tip of your dart is not safe and makes painful darts.
When you do use felt discs, both a high or low temp glue gun will work fine provided you apply it to the washer/felt and let it sit a second or so before attaching the blank.

See my signature for the video.

I used uin13 video. Right HERE.

Watch fa_24 or cs's stefan making video.

#229103 Guide To Glues

Posted by Hi Yah on 08 May 2009 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Also for JB Weld you have to roughen up the surfaces you are about to adhere, or else they will snap cleanly off. This has happened to me by simply twisting my barrel out of the coupler in my pistolsplat, and the coupler came clean off. This was easily fixed by sanding the parts then JB Welding it.

#229155 Longshot Front Gun Shoots 45'

Posted by Hi Yah on 09 May 2009 - 07:49 AM in Modifications

I never thought a lsfg could shoot that far.

#229198 Mod Questions About Eliminator

Posted by Hi Yah on 09 May 2009 - 01:03 PM in Modifications

You can try using a blowdryer to heat up the pieces and loosen the bond of the glue.

As for your second question, remove the original catch spring and replace it with a spring from a pen that is a bit longer. Then hot glue the spring on so it is harder to compress.

#229247 Longshot With Pas

Posted by Hi Yah on 09 May 2009 - 07:27 PM in Modifications

This looks great! The only problem is that it is really bulky. Mainly an integration is a primary with a sidearm, but you integrated 2 primaries, but shotgunned one of them so it acts more-or-less as a sidearm, so it must be heavy, and bulky. Personally I think it is unnecessary to have 2 primaries, but have a primary and a sidearm.

#229308 Mod Questions About Eliminator

Posted by Hi Yah on 10 May 2009 - 05:32 AM in Modifications

You can try using a blowdryer to heat up the pieces and loosen the bond of the glue.

As for your second question, remove the original catch spring and replace it with a spring from a pen that is a bit longer. Then hot glue the spring on so it is harder to compress.

I tried using a blow dryer on the hottest setting and it did not help so next I will try boiling water when I get the chance. Edit, I also tried running a dremel along the seams where it was glued but I did not go deep and it didn't help any.

Thanks, where would I put the hot glue at? Just glue the end of it to the wall it compresses against?

Put the hot glue inside the spring, and while it is still warm put it back on the peg where it originally was.

#229320 Problem With Stefans

Posted by Hi Yah on 10 May 2009 - 08:31 AM in Modifications

It all depends how your foam fits your barrels. I believe you are using Home Depot foam, as do I. My foam fits my barrels tighter than cdtd's so they go a bit further.

#229424 Anything Better Than Nite Finder?

Posted by Hi Yah on 10 May 2009 - 05:19 PM in General Nerf

Big Blast are about $9, give superb ranges, and make great primaries.

#229456 Modular Longshot.

Posted by Hi Yah on 10 May 2009 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

This really col! It kinda has the concept that the recon had, how you can customize the gun with removeable accessories.

#229478 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by Hi Yah on 10 May 2009 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

Personally I think this gun is going to be pretty good. Anyway, even if is bad then we still can scrap it for parts and the drum mag. I think Nerf is making guns these days look cooler, have better stock ranges, and less modability. This one looks like it has a lot of potential.

#229479 Human Vs. Zombie Help

Posted by Hi Yah on 10 May 2009 - 08:54 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd recommend using a magstrike that is modded to shoot two clips and has the ar's removed. It will give you ok range, good spread, and great rof. You could also use a big salvo or a pistolslpat for great ranges and ok rof.

#229613 Pas Intergration

Posted by Hi Yah on 11 May 2009 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

This is a really cool integration! The only problem I can think of is that the tubing seems like it not do well withe the cocking of the gun. Other than that it looks good.

#230012 Nerf Office Antics

Posted by Hi Yah on 13 May 2009 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

My story isn't about a workplace, but rather an incident that happened at my school. We were reenacting the Bost Massacre and our teacher said we could bring in toy guns to make it more realistic. So we all brought in some nerf guns and a war break sout during homeroom. Then one kid get shot in the eye with tagged dart, his eye was wide open when he got shot. He gets a cornial abrasion and is out of school for two days. Everyone that as in the room gets detention, and now nerf guns are banned at my school.

#230062 Lbb (lanard Blast Bazooka) Modification Write Up Video Added

Posted by Hi Yah on 13 May 2009 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

Great write up, clear and concise directions.

#230439 Hornet As-6 Mod

Posted by Hi Yah on 15 May 2009 - 06:37 PM in Modifications

Good write up. There aren't too many thoroughly explain hornet write ups.

#230587 Longshot Cf Boltsled Reinforcement

Posted by Hi Yah on 16 May 2009 - 01:18 PM in Modifications

Nice way to reinforce a boltsled. I love how it looks so clean!

#230603 Secret Shot Ii, With Tank Mod.

Posted by Hi Yah on 16 May 2009 - 03:25 PM in Modifications

I'm Curious on how much hot glue you can pump in until there is not enough volume to get the dart out of the barrel.

#230670 Cosmetics

Posted by Hi Yah on 16 May 2009 - 08:39 PM in General Nerf

This is what I personnally believe. A shitty gun with a great paint job, is a shitty gun. A great gun with a shitty paintjob, is a great gun. Paint isn't important to me, but making mods clean is.

#230684 Help With Frankenfinder

Posted by Hi Yah on 16 May 2009 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

Are you talking about putting a longshot plunger tube and plunger head in a nitefinder? If so, then I'd recommend a bbb and a nf.

#230752 Nf Plunger Head Replacement

Posted by Hi Yah on 17 May 2009 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

I too wonder if this will give the gun a too tight of a seal? Also can you over come the friction with lube and a spring replacement?

#230774 Nf Plunger Head Replacement

Posted by Hi Yah on 17 May 2009 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

I too wonder if this will give the gun a too tight of a seal? Also can you over come the friction with lube and a spring replacement?

Yes. There is definatley too much friction for a stock spring. I think there was still too much for just an Ace #49 spring or Handyman spring, so I added a Tek 6 spring in addition to the handyman spring. This is the same deal with the LS plunger head replacement. You pretty much have to add stronger springs with that for it to be effective. I have some ideas on how to reduce the amount of friction though, I'll post my resuts. I think the spring setup that I have now is doing pretty well to overcome the friction. I have 2 NFs that have this mod, they both have industreal springs, but one of them as the Tek6 spring too. The one that has two springs performs much better.

Do you think you would get better ranges if you just have two o rings with a little electrical tape underneath them?

#230785 Nf Plunger Head Replacement

Posted by Hi Yah on 17 May 2009 - 01:56 PM in Modifications

What kind of ranges is this getting?
I think you should add something behind the plunger head so it doesn't snap off. Like in the LS plunger head replacement. Now all we need is a Plunger tube replacement!

The purpose of the longer screw is to prevent plunger head breakage. I have replaced NF plunger tubes before, it's simple. If your using the stock plunger head, use 1" thinwall PETG. If your using the replaced one, 3/4" thinwall PVC should work.

I'm curious where you can get 1" thinwall PETG.

#230786 Help With Kbarker's Nite Finder Rifle

Posted by Hi Yah on 17 May 2009 - 02:00 PM in Modifications

He is using a 1/2 inch CPVC coupler to hold the barrel. Those couplers fit snugly inside 1/2 inch PVC couplers. I believe thats what he did. It must be some type of reducer that goes from 1/2 PVC to some smaller size.

#230873 Plumber's Goop Question

Posted by Hi Yah on 17 May 2009 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

Hello everyone I have a question. Recently I have heard plumbers goop has failed in heat. I was wondering about what tempature it fails if any. All help will be helpful.

I have never heard of a case where goop hasn't work in heat. It has always worked for me.

#231162 A Short Story.

Posted by Hi Yah on 18 May 2009 - 07:02 PM in General Nerf

These guns look really similar to the SM5000 and a SM500.

#231353 Hinged Double Barrel Pump Action Shotgun

Posted by Hi Yah on 19 May 2009 - 06:12 PM in Modifications

I love the shotgun style loading! It's much faster than a flip clip.