monkey with a nf's Content

There have been 107 items by monkey with a nf (Search limited from 14-January 93)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100006 Air Tech 3000 In A Ls

Posted by monkey with a nf on 18 February 2007 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

I have finally finished my latest mod: the At3kLS!

The whole thing:
Posted Image

Internals:
Posted Image
The pump hooks up where the bolt would usually slide- you pump the bolt handle to fill the tank.

Trigger bridge detail:
Posted Image
The trigger is bridged with a small LEGO peice- it's the right size and shape for what I needed. It's gooped to the LS trigger and the pin on the air tank fits through a hole in it, and is epoxied in place.

The barrel I'm using is 1' of 17/32" brass, nested inside 1/2" PVC and stuck in a coupler. I don't know ranges (it's too dark outside), but they should be the same as a singled At3k. This is a lot more comfterable to use than an At3K, and takes fewer pumps and has a lower chance of misfires than my LBB.

#99681 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by monkey with a nf on 12 February 2007 - 05:15 PM in Darts and Barrels

I think it makes it hug the barrel more. However, when I do it, it makes my darts fishtail.

#99677 Nitefinder Rifle

Posted by monkey with a nf on 12 February 2007 - 05:04 PM in Modifications

Very cool. What is the part number of the spring you used? I've been trying to find a good replacement spring for my guns.

#99552 Hasbro Reveals Nerf N-strike Disk Shot (nerf Skeet Shooting)

Posted by monkey with a nf on 10 February 2007 - 12:48 PM in General Nerf

I think it'd be simpler to just use a simple breech deoderant clip, though. Of course, you can just do that on a stock NF...

#99467 Petg Barrel Magstrike

Posted by monkey with a nf on 07 February 2007 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

I don't know about a PC (never had one), but there wasn't an issue. The original thread for the Magstrike 20 is here.

#99408 At3k Integration Trigger Issue

Posted by monkey with a nf on 06 February 2007 - 05:23 PM in Modifications

Navy Seal-

I can't do that, because it'll displace the barrel. However, I could try vynil tubing. And there's no issue with the pump- it goes the same distance as in a stock at3k.

#99332 At3k Integration Trigger Issue

Posted by monkey with a nf on 05 February 2007 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

If I didn't have the pump where the bolt normally is, there would be a straight peice of metal or balsa joining the trigger plate to the firing pin. However, that would keep the bolt from working properly, so I did this instead.

#99315 At3k Integration Trigger Issue

Posted by monkey with a nf on 05 February 2007 - 08:48 AM in Modifications

I've been attempting to integrate an AT3K into a LS shell (the LS is broken beyond repair). However, I can't get the trigger to work.
Posted Image

The white thing is a peice of coat hanger epoxied to the trigger plate and pin. However, it broke off the pin. Before I use stronger/more adhesive, will this work? I noticed the coat hanger bending, and I'm afraid it isn't strong enough. Should I use something stronger? (I would have just used a straight peice of metal, but it would interfere with the bolt- it's where I attached the pump.)

#99100 Lbb Question

Posted by monkey with a nf on 01 February 2007 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

I got mine for $10 at Toy's R Us. You might want to try there.

#98338 Is This Air Tank Sufficient?

Posted by monkey with a nf on 15 January 2007 - 09:11 PM in Homemades

it's leaking becasue hot glue isn't airtight. You'll need to use plumber's goop or epoxy (I think). I'm pretty sure that PVC cement (w/ primer) works too.

#98201 C02 Valve

Posted by monkey with a nf on 12 January 2007 - 09:41 PM in Homemades

I don't have a terrible amount of experience with homeades, but CaptainSlug tried to make a clip-fed full auto gun (pumped), and it got really complex really quick. Also, I think I heard somewhere that CO2, becasue it's so cold, makes plastics (like PVC) brittle.

#97624 Wired Darts?

Posted by monkey with a nf on 03 January 2007 - 08:12 AM in General Nerf

What gun are you using? If the spring has been replaced (or the pump plugged) and the barrel hasn't been lengthened, the unused air might be causing the fishtailing.

#97572 Lbb Problem

Posted by monkey with a nf on 02 January 2007 - 05:20 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the help. As soon as I get my brass from McMaster, I'll be doing this.

#97512 Quick Ls Question (yes I've Searched)

Posted by monkey with a nf on 01 January 2007 - 01:30 PM in General Nerf

What kind of darts are you using to get 40-50' with a AR removal on the Longshot? Or are you giving angled ranges? I only got around 30' with that. And, yes, a spring will help alot.

#97508 Lbb Problem

Posted by monkey with a nf on 01 January 2007 - 01:16 PM in Modifications

When I did this, I was using my lighter CDT stefans (.17 cal BB's) and just placing them in the barrel. With heavier CDT stefans (3/0 fishing weights) and a ramrod, it works fine.

On a related note, I'd perfer to use a coupler rather than a ramrod for this. However, i don't exactly get how to do so- is there some step beyond just gluing the coupler to the barrel and and putting your barrels in the right size PVC?

#97469 Lbb Problem

Posted by monkey with a nf on 31 December 2006 - 03:23 PM in Modifications

I recently modded my LBB with 12" of 1/2" ID PETG and a pressure valve plug. The tank will pump fine, but when I fire it with even 12 pumps, my darts fishtail and go shorter than they do with 8 pumps. The barrel seal also seems fine. I think the fishtailing is caused by too much power, but I don't get the poor ranges. Help?

#96459 Science Fair

Posted by monkey with a nf on 13 December 2006 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

Also, longer barrells shoot farther because the air accelerates its way down the barrell, at least until it equals the outside pressure, at which point it starts slowing down. This means that a longer barrell greatly improves ranges.

#91590 Magstrike 20

Posted by monkey with a nf on 09 October 2006 - 12:08 PM in Modifications

Have you tried McMaster? They have tons of different sizes of PETG tubing.

#91500 Longshot With Bonus Nite Finder Ex-3 Sight

Posted by monkey with a nf on 08 October 2006 - 07:03 AM in General Nerf

No, it's a copy (I think, as I haven't seen it) of the NF "sight" that's just a red flashlight for aiming. It's too weak to see outside during the day, and I never use it on my NF.

#91499 Spring Question

Posted by monkey with a nf on 08 October 2006 - 06:57 AM in Modifications

I think people have been cutting off three or so loops of the BBB spring, but I'm not completely sure. To my knowledge, the only people who have had misfiring problems have has them because they've added too strong a spring. A trimmed BBB spring is not too powerful. And adding O-rings doesn't have anything to do with the cocking mechanism, it just gives a better seal, so you probably don't need to mess around with the plunger head.

#90979 Mav/nf

Posted by monkey with a nf on 01 October 2006 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

Even then, everything you'd need to do to replace the barrel could be done even with the restrictors glued on.

#90969 Mav/nf

Posted by monkey with a nf on 01 October 2006 - 02:38 PM in Modifications

How is the stuck-togetherness of the air restrictor an issue? You can pull it out with pliers, though it's not as neat as a dremel.

#90955 Mav/nf

Posted by monkey with a nf on 01 October 2006 - 12:01 PM in Modifications

I don't know about the mav, but I might be able to help with the NF. By the pump, do you mean the plunger? If so what part did you get glue on? And what do you mean by the front parts? If you're doing a barrel replacement, then you don't need most of the stock barrel assembly (or I didn't).

#90719 Barrel Extension Idea

Posted by monkey with a nf on 28 September 2006 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

When the air pressure wave is going down the barrel, it accelerates until it is equal to the outside pressure, then starts to slow down. You want it to be going as fast as possible when it hits your dart, so adding a longer barrel lets it accelerate more. Adding too long a barrel slows it down. I'm not too sure about the longshot, though.

#90486 Cdts Problems

Posted by monkey with a nf on 25 September 2006 - 07:15 PM in General Nerf

I think everyone has just convinced me to find 1/4" slingshot ammo, it looks easier than scorching my fingers trying to the the weight even B) .

#90317 Cdts Problems

Posted by monkey with a nf on 24 September 2006 - 09:57 AM in General Nerf

Thanks for the help.

#90311 Cdts Problems

Posted by monkey with a nf on 24 September 2006 - 09:33 AM in General Nerf

Hi,

This is my first post here, though I've been lurking here for months. Anyway-

Recently I tried making some converted dart tag stefans. While I like that they fit in my longshot, I've noticed that they have slightly inferior range to normal tag darts, not the superior ranges everyone claims. This is probably my fault, so I'm wondering if anyone could help me? The only things I'm doing that I can think of that might cause the problem are that I'm using 3/0 fishing weights and a a high-temp gun (don't have a low-temp yet). Any yes, I did search.