themessiahpsg1's Content

There have been 229 items by themessiahpsg1 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#97413 An Idea For Hasbro.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 30 December 2006 - 02:52 PM in General Nerf

[quote name='Cmdrmack' date='Dec 13 2006, 07:55 PM' post='96473']
[quote name='agentM192' date='Dec 13 2006, 09:50 PM' post='96467']
[quote name='AssassinNF' date='Dec 13 2006, 03:37 PM' post='96444']
[quote name='Cthulhu' post='96372' date='Dec 12 2006, 08:40 PM']
Another good idea would be a clip fed pistol. :angry:
[/quote]
Posted Image
Just with darts.
[/quote]

The grip of a pistol is too small for Nerf Darts, it would have to be stored in a forward compartment.

Something along these lines perhaps:

Posted Image

The bolt would be similar to the slider on a maverick, scout, or crossfire, but you'd push it forward to chamber the round. It'd have to be at least the size of a maverick, but if they could get it to have interchangeable clips with the Longshot it'd sell like hotcakes.
[/quote]

something like the Storm LS-2, eh?
i LOVE that gun...
i only need two to wreak hell...
btw, you can get extended magazines for these...

#152376 Longshot Or Recon?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 April 2008 - 11:35 AM in General Nerf

longshot wins. i sold my recon for $20 and spent that on darts. the LS has so much more potential.

Bustaninja, it's on...

/thread

#136990 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 23 January 2008 - 05:29 PM in Nerf Wars

...pictures? : oD

i'll try...
my camera and bank are scheming against me 8(

#137178 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 25 January 2008 - 12:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmmm... okay, those both look like decent locations. It looks quite a walk from the parking lot to the woods, which I don't like, but whatever.

I am very worried, however, about that trail. If it's the trail I think it is, then it's popular, and I don't want people to think we're stalking them in the woods.

no, the trail is dead this time of year, except for young whipper-snappers fornicating in public...

#136853 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 22 January 2008 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

As for location -- I like messiah's places, though they are a little far away.
Messiah, can you confirm there's usually not much going on there? I can't imagine what kind of trouble we'd get in if someone thought we were hijacking trains.
Who's willing to drive to S. St. Paul?

well, really I can make it to pretty much anywhere withing walking distance, or bus distance...
and I was actually referring to the mississippi riverside industrial complex and nearby woods that are PERFECT. the trainyards themselves are gaurded by dogs that like to bite things, which I found out the hard way.

yeah, but the riverside structures and nearby woods are wonderful, proven battlefields.

hell, if someone brings a canoe or hunting boat, we could do a Normandy scenario...

#137173 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 25 January 2008 - 10:29 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm not opposed to the woods; actually, I think I'd rather enjoy that, but the option for an urban setting as well might be nice.

So, messiah, if I could at the least have an address, I'll google satellite it and get a thread started.
That is, if nobody objects to driving to So St Paul.

google in maps: Verderosa Ave. immediatly east of it is where we could play for an urban setting, otherwise, go south to the woods.

i'll post pics when i have them.

#136748 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 January 2008 - 12:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Sergeant Garret Rombal, reporting as ordered. South Saint Paul is bloody cold right now...there are some trainyards near the river i usually play airsoft at and plenty of parks and other wonderful venues to play at around here, so i nominate south saint paul for the battle ground.

#102090 High School Pranks...

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 11 April 2007 - 05:24 PM in Off Topic

it's just a prank, let the guy have some fun. ^_^

try screwing or super gluing the bathroom stalls doors shut. (done by yours truly)
- or -
taking the pins out of the door hinges. (attempted, caught.)

you could even pull my Sadie Hawkins classic and use a big ol' stink/smoke-bomb on the dance floor.

slap the end of a roll of tape to a car and run around the row till you're out. or just slather the one car with tape.

go nuts with Pam on the railings.

ha ha, Crisco. that'd kick ass.

#155983 Sportsman Shooting Toys Shotgun

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 16 May 2008 - 11:04 AM in General Nerf

two words: at2k internals.

is the plunger strok really only a couple of inches, like the scout?

#286060 Newno 2010

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 25 September 2010 - 11:49 PM in Nerf Wars

A Hymn for MN nerfers:

So far away we wait for the day
For the lights are so wasted and gone
We feel the pain of a lifetime lost in a thousand days
Through the fire and the flames… WE CARRY ON!!!

I am IN for teh W1N!!!

Dragonforce = FAIL

Unfortunately not attending.

#152900 For Those That Think I Seem "mean"

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 24 April 2008 - 11:13 AM in Off Topic

(applause) I think we should all be grateful CaptainSlug is sharing his acumen and experience with us. just as I look up to my commanding officers, I believe we could all benefit from his knowledge, and see him not just as a senior member, but as a big brother of sorts.

not to be kissing ass or anything...

#136868 Cloverfield...

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 22 January 2008 - 03:24 PM in Off Topic

it looks stupid, but i might see it this saturday. (cough godzill knockoff cough)

#155050 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 01:42 PM in General Nerf

dude, marines are awesome. sure, they catch bullets, but they throw twice as many. they're the first to fight because they are the best of the best.

#155047 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 01:12 PM in General Nerf

oo-rah, dawg.

#155154 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 08 May 2008 - 07:49 AM in General Nerf

"This is Messiah, the guy who showed up to the last war with 3 longshots, one of which was held in a guitar case."

two of them, actually... :D

#157710 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 June 2008 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

hokay kids, i ship in three days, wish me luck!

oh wait, you already did...heh...

i'll keep in touch, though!

#155069 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Good luck to you. My dad was a reservist in the canadian army, but this was in the 70s, so no fighting. Stay strong over there. I heard people get pretty whacked from seeing all the madness over there.

oh, don't worry about me, I was a soldier before i swore in. a STREET soldier.

#155054 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 02:23 PM in General Nerf

that would be fun as hell...

so...any ideas on the whole large-video-file-transfer thing?

#155031 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 09:52 AM in General Nerf

hooah. who else on the forum is/was enlisted?

#155021 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 07:29 AM in General Nerf

"On a crazy note: Think that they will let you put 2 m16/m4's together?"

:D I'd rather dual-wield AK's personally, they're more reliable.

"In all seriousness I think that being in the army is probably the most respectful thing one can do on these boards, dude in my eyes VACC isn't even as respectable enough as you are now."

I hope he didn't hear that! :D

when I come back, i expect 6-packs and white girls from all of you! :lol:

edit: and don't call me sir, i work for a living. but i'll gladly return the salute.

#154986 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 06 May 2008 - 09:51 PM in General Nerf

MNNO was my last war for at least two years. I am shipping to BCT(Basic Combat Training) on June 10th, maybe sooner. I enjoyed every precious second I had to spend with the fine gentlemen (and lady) that attended 2MNSBW and MNNO, and hopefully, when and if I come back, I'll still have the honor to battle amongst some of the most creative and genius minds of this fine community.

On the bright side, I will stay on nerfhaven for as long as possible.

I shall retire my arsenal in a safe place until I return.

Orange Crush - R.E.M.

#155029 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 09:36 AM in General Nerf

"In all seriousness, stay safe out there. Hopefully our next president won't start unnecessary wars."

Yeah, I hear that...

#141494 Music

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 February 2008 - 12:17 PM in Off Topic

I play everything a conventional band needs, but i usually sing.
here are some crappy vids:

http://vids.myspace....ideoID=24942042

http://vids.myspace....ideoID=24714981

#187652 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 05 November 2008 - 01:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Bad news.

My life is far too fucked up at the moment for me to attend. My ride broke down, my arsenal sucks, my mate and I are trying to stay out of poverty status, I'm fat, etc...

I do sincerely apoligize, and I do wish I could be there, but the cards are not dealt in my favor this year.

#188177 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 November 2008 - 11:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Good luck, gents.

Nerfcrazy, I personally think that you should mount one of those cameras to one of your weapons, Messiah style.

I expect video soon.

#186686 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2008 - 01:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Now, one side of my brain would ask you to reserve something long range for me, but the other side keeps reminding me how moot that would be to fire a relativly slow projectile at a fully cognitive nerfer with quick reflexes. besides, my NF is a beast.

not saying i wouldn't poke someone in the eye for a new long range tool.

#186726 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2008 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

case in point, I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.

Ya, but i'm broke, so I'll just have to use my current arsenal and my meager dart count.

Pray tell, is anyone bringing a bucket of stefans?

#184538 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2008 - 05:30 PM in Nerf Wars

OH, I SEE HOW IT IS! not even putting me on the attenders list! i got you...

just kidding, put me plus 3 with a question mark.

Ha, I was going to just now, thanks for reminding me. Figure out your guests ASAP! Was that guy in the background on the phone going to come with?

very yes, he loves to spend time with me, so he's for sure coming. I'll work on frank and matt and thomas, as well. hopefully, thomas will have grown up whilst i was gone...

#181672 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 05 October 2008 - 12:49 PM in Nerf Wars

g'day mates! just checking in from alabama. god it smells down here. anyway, I'll try my damnedest to make it.

#184534 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2008 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

OH, I SEE HOW IT IS! not even putting me on the attenders list! i got you...

just kidding, put me plus 3 with a question mark.

#111912 Semi-auto Longshot?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 June 2007 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

a storm LS2 internals would seem to be the most compatable, with a stationary clip and all, but that's just me.

#111913 Semi-auto Longshot?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 June 2007 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

(ignore this)

#254040 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:52 AM in General Nerf

Yes, I mentioned in the first post about finding appropriate cover or concealment(preferably, the first.)

One of the things I will be teaching is bounding, which goes something like this:

Let's say two players are moving in a team towards a treeline to flank a hole or a loser. when the two enter into the treeline, Player A will move 5 meters or so to the left or right of player B and find cover, for instance, a tree. Player B spots a Vulcan dug in about 30 meters ahead. Player A will signal B to move up. Player B will move up to the next available cover while Player A provides covering fire. when Player B is set, He will signal Player A to move up past him, whilst providing him with covering fire. Repeat until you are in a good offensive position to push on towards the objective.

Also, thank you goongala, for actually understanding what I'm trying to do here.

#254031 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

I cannot fathom why people aren't jumping at this.

Because nerf is a game, and you're taking yourself waaaay too seriously?

So is basketball, football, soccer, hockey...they all have playbooks, why shouldn't this sport/game/riffraff?

#254042 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 08:15 AM in General Nerf

First of all, read this.

A million times no.

Team work is effective. Military squad tactics are, usually, not.

Generally speaking, going out and nerfing with your friends on a regular basis will do more to improve your teamwork and nerf iq than....how do you train nerf anyway? Wouldn't whatever you're doing just be, well, nerfing?

Anyway, knock yourself out, but I'd keep a couple things in mind if I were you: 1 - Nerf tactics are completely different than tactics using any other type of firearm. 2 - At any given nerf war you're only going to have your squad together for maybe a couple of rounds.

Now, of course, maybe you don't plan on attending any NIC type wars. Maybe you only want to throw your own wars. If that's the case, good luck, but remember that if you're using a bunch of new nerfers as practice for your well equiped and experienced team, those new nerfers will not likely have enough fun in order to want to become old nerfers.

I've taken all that into account already. my Squads are devided up by skill and rank. When we play within our ranks, we balance out the teams by such standards, so that it is fair play and fun play. We don't mind getting split up, as I tend to lean towards team-based tactics rather than squad based tactics, as moving in groups aren't very practical with more than 4 bodies. Thusly, if you wanted to be a nerd about it, you could say I'm taking the "Army of Two" approach.

Believe me, I know that nerf guns have few ballistic similarities to real firearms, and I have adjusted our rules of engagement as to compensate.

Interesting fact here I thought I'd throw in: A stefan fired from a plugged, singled titan at maximum force has comparable muzzle velocity to a 40mm Airfoil round, and they both sting at close range.

#254024 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

You are a great guy to Nerf with. I can see where the appeal to this is, but truth be told, its Nerf. You will never have guns accurate enough, or that shoot fast enough to make actual "training" applicable. Bullets are hard to dodge, so the goal is to kill an enemy before they fire. Nerf, on the otherhand, is really easy to dodge.

It would be like sending the National Guard after Neo from the Matrix... It might work, but it seems like it would take a while.

Although, I may be totally wrong. I'd like for your Nerf crew to come to an NIC war. I want to see what you guys can do.

What is this NIC you speak of?

#253941 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

I have formed a nerf group that will either host or attend operations in the surrounding areas of St. Paul, mostly between Inver Grove Heights and North St. Paul, so, a fairly wide theater. We are about 17 members strong thus far, and are always recruiting. If you find that you are interested in joining us, click here to be directed to our Facebook Page.

This isn't recruiting for any branch of the United States Armed Forces. The group has been designated that because I want it that way, seeing as I train every one of my members in the ways of the Army Ranger as applied to nerf: squad and team-based tactics, improvised cover and concealment, so on and so forth.

I'll take any questions through PM.

#253963 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 05:44 PM in General Nerf

I like to have things structured.

#254026 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:33 PM in General Nerf

This is nerf: we don't conduct "operations", we don't play in "theaters", we don't "train", we don't have military rankings, we don't use "squad tactics", and we don't wear all camo. This is nerf, not the fucking military.

First of all, read this.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Unless you know what it means to live and die by these six stanzas, MegaMouse, you can shut your shit-cave.

I regret to say that the military has taken over every aspect of my life, especially my hobbies, so if you feel that it's too much for you, leave it be. Simple as that.

#254028 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:53 PM in General Nerf

I guess I'm not getting through. I'm trying to turn out some of the best nerfers that Minnesota has ever seen.

I cannot fathom why people aren't jumping at this.