themessiahpsg1's Content

There have been 229 items by themessiahpsg1 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#253649 Inver Grove Hieghts Skirmish

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 15 October 2009 - 11:38 PM in Nerf Wars

That's just the thing, I'm not hosting it, just advertising it.

I digress, and compromise by posting the group's rules:

NERF Rules Of Engagement. Version 1.00

Administrative note

All combatenants are required to have a Nerfhaven account or to join the Death By Foam group. (www.nerfhaven.com) Combatenants do not need to maintain the account, but it is suggested to maintain contact sporadically.

Section Two: Basic Combat

(Note: rules regarding life points may be subject to change, depending on combat situation, perks, and number of players.)

Life points: You start every game with Three (3, Tres, Drei, E'saj) Combat Life points.* Once these are gone, you are dead, and are to return to the berthing/start area. Any supporting your team, foul play, or hints will get your team disqualified. Corpses do very little, and we are granting them the priveledge to walk. (Note: The gamemaster may decide to enforce this with a spiked bat to the groin.)

Weapon Damage: Every weapon that is of Sonic micro, Streamline, Tag Dart, and Sucker Dart caliber will take away one life point per round fired per hit. (Note: hits above the plane of the collarbones will count as two hits, and two life points taken away. large caliber weapons, such as the Titan AS-V, Big-Blast, Big Bad Bow, And any other non-standard caliber weapons have a damage of 2 life points, regardless of range or area of impact.

Melee Combat: When a player has run out of ammunition and/or is within striking range of the opponent, he may engage him in Close-Quarters Combat. the rules of this are as follows:
1. Successful contact consists of ANY part of the weapon coming in contact with anywhere on the opponents body, minus the hands. A defender may grab his or her opponents weapon. a legitimate hit would be contact above the wrist, technically the forearm.
2. Swords, halberds and other, non-projectile, single-purpose weapons are an instant kill, Regardless of the area of impact. All single purpose weapons must have some for of impact dampening device, preferably foam. No Lead pipes or felines.

Duel/Challenge: When a player is equipped with a sword or other melee weapon, he can call challenge to any player on their team with a single-purpose melee weapon. should the challenged accept, the combatenants then strip themselves of all other weaponry, but not necessarily ammunition. (Note: during this duel, the rest of the players can resume their own battles.) The duelists start with three lives, (Not to be merged with points left over from combat.) Every sword hit deducts one life point, regardless of area of impact. once a victor is declared, the winner shall resume combat among his teammates with the same amount of life points the player had prior to engaging in the duel.

And the link in the first post is the details of the operation. call for directions. 612 559 4894

#253934 Inver Grove Hieghts Skirmish

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Talio, could you please delete this thread?

#141076 Iq Score

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 February 2008 - 04:51 PM in Off Topic

i got a 173...
what is that nonsense?

#147238 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 27 March 2008 - 10:53 AM in General Nerf

absolutely. guns are meant to kill people. but guns do not kill people, people do.
guns are fun to play with, and i don't see anything wrong with pre-influencing our kids into future soldiers.

"What choice did the gun have? it sure as hell didn't pull its own trigger, that would be masturbation."
-Lev Gregorivich Kolsevi

#147449 Is Nerf Teaching Us That Guns Are Fun/cool?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 28 March 2008 - 07:25 AM in General Nerf

4) Shockwave. Fire a .357 Magnum, .44 Special, or .44 Magnum, and you will feel a distinct shockwave that makes your hair jump.

Boy howdy, I remember my first .357. i had long hair that swept back after that.

but yes, firearms were designed to kill things, and nowadays, to kill people. but they're just tools of killing. there are plenty of other ways to kill someone, and firearms just happens to involve the least skill.

firearms were designed and improved mostly during times of conflict.

guns do kill people, but only when they're forced to do so. they are slaves, so to speak.

#102039 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 10 April 2007 - 05:03 PM in Modifications

Wow, the tin can idea is actually a good one. Perfect fit to the hand and the ridges provide grip. Nice.

finally, a compliment. thanks bro.

#102007 Longshot "shotgun" Foregrip

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 09 April 2007 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

I made one of those with two planks of wood, a tin can, some nails and duct tape.
it works GROOVY.

#152376 Longshot Or Recon?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 April 2008 - 11:35 AM in General Nerf

longshot wins. i sold my recon for $20 and spent that on darts. the LS has so much more potential.

Bustaninja, it's on...

/thread

#114132 Longshot Sopmod

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 02 July 2007 - 11:35 AM in Modifications

Has anyone tried and succeeded in having a removable torch/ laser pointer inside their shotgun fore grip?

yes, it works well if you wire it right.

and the sopmod or whatever looks totally possible, but if i built one, i'd put the handle oon either side.

#150928 Ls And Recon Show Off Thread

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 13 April 2008 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
the view from the camera i mounted behind the rail on PITA.
Posted Image
the temporary front end of LUCKY STRIKE.
Posted Image
an airsoft laser, activated w/thumb on left side of grip.
Posted Image
LUCKY STRIKE (2x spring, pump, AR, Grip-activated laser, fixed stock, and the rail was moved farther up.
Posted Image
my secondary weapon. ^^ :rolleyes:

#147820 Ls Maverick Intergration Idea

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 29 March 2008 - 05:55 PM in General Nerf

is this what you meant? i took the slide off...i cock it with the stock LS bolt for now. and in my opinion, as i demonstrated to everyone in the tower at the last mnsbw, mavericks can be BEASTY. mine gets 40 flat.
Posted Image
yah bitch yah.

#116736 M.p.c.bar (mass Producable Clipped Bolt Acton Rifle)

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 July 2007 - 10:49 PM in Homemades

this gun is rated 'K' for Kickin' rad. 2 kudos to you.

#116750 Maverick Cocking Handle Repair Guide

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 July 2007 - 11:28 PM in Modifications

slap an accessory rail on that shit! that would be a kicking rad use of that bracket.

#136254 Midnight Zombie Outbreak Survival Game.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 17 January 2008 - 03:45 PM in Nerf Wars

How about doing it indoors or at a mall or other large building, maybe even school.

1000 xp and level up, I revived a thread.

#118152 Minneapolis I-35w Bridge

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 03 August 2007 - 10:59 AM in Off Topic

Jangadance, if you are all right, post here.

He's the only one I know....as far as memory serves me, that resides in MN. Does those two crazy kids, elf_avec_gun and Flaming Hilt, live in MN also? Lets hope they're all okay.

-Piney-

i live here in mn, and that bridge was all over the news.

#205063 Minnesnowta Recap

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 January 2009 - 10:43 PM in Nerf Wars

DAMMIT! I missed another great war...

Whatever, I'll catch the next one!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, just staying on my toes for a possible February deployment.

#199872 Minnesnowta War

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 30 December 2008 - 10:45 PM in Nerf Wars

:D I'll think about the sock...you don't know where that's been...

#200774 Minnesnowta War

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 03 January 2009 - 03:33 AM in Nerf Wars

where the hell have YOU been, hilt? :D

#199866 Minnesnowta War

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 30 December 2008 - 09:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I might drop in, but probably not as a contender. just looking for some nostalgia.

Yeah, I'm shifting my interest into airsoft and I will probably sell my arsenal sometime soon.

#137178 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 25 January 2008 - 12:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmmm... okay, those both look like decent locations. It looks quite a walk from the parking lot to the woods, which I don't like, but whatever.

I am very worried, however, about that trail. If it's the trail I think it is, then it's popular, and I don't want people to think we're stalking them in the woods.

no, the trail is dead this time of year, except for young whipper-snappers fornicating in public...

#136748 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 January 2008 - 12:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Sergeant Garret Rombal, reporting as ordered. South Saint Paul is bloody cold right now...there are some trainyards near the river i usually play airsoft at and plenty of parks and other wonderful venues to play at around here, so i nominate south saint paul for the battle ground.

#136853 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 22 January 2008 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

As for location -- I like messiah's places, though they are a little far away.
Messiah, can you confirm there's usually not much going on there? I can't imagine what kind of trouble we'd get in if someone thought we were hijacking trains.
Who's willing to drive to S. St. Paul?

well, really I can make it to pretty much anywhere withing walking distance, or bus distance...
and I was actually referring to the mississippi riverside industrial complex and nearby woods that are PERFECT. the trainyards themselves are gaurded by dogs that like to bite things, which I found out the hard way.

yeah, but the riverside structures and nearby woods are wonderful, proven battlefields.

hell, if someone brings a canoe or hunting boat, we could do a Normandy scenario...

#136990 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 23 January 2008 - 05:29 PM in Nerf Wars

...pictures? : oD

i'll try...
my camera and bank are scheming against me 8(

#137173 Minnesota

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 25 January 2008 - 10:29 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm not opposed to the woods; actually, I think I'd rather enjoy that, but the option for an urban setting as well might be nice.

So, messiah, if I could at the least have an address, I'll google satellite it and get a thread started.
That is, if nobody objects to driving to So St Paul.

google in maps: Verderosa Ave. immediatly east of it is where we could play for an urban setting, otherwise, go south to the woods.

i'll post pics when i have them.

#184534 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2008 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

OH, I SEE HOW IT IS! not even putting me on the attenders list! i got you...

just kidding, put me plus 3 with a question mark.

#181672 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 05 October 2008 - 12:49 PM in Nerf Wars

g'day mates! just checking in from alabama. god it smells down here. anyway, I'll try my damnedest to make it.

#188177 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 November 2008 - 11:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Good luck, gents.

Nerfcrazy, I personally think that you should mount one of those cameras to one of your weapons, Messiah style.

I expect video soon.

#186686 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2008 - 01:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Now, one side of my brain would ask you to reserve something long range for me, but the other side keeps reminding me how moot that would be to fire a relativly slow projectile at a fully cognitive nerfer with quick reflexes. besides, my NF is a beast.

not saying i wouldn't poke someone in the eye for a new long range tool.

#184538 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2008 - 05:30 PM in Nerf Wars

OH, I SEE HOW IT IS! not even putting me on the attenders list! i got you...

just kidding, put me plus 3 with a question mark.

Ha, I was going to just now, thanks for reminding me. Figure out your guests ASAP! Was that guy in the background on the phone going to come with?

very yes, he loves to spend time with me, so he's for sure coming. I'll work on frank and matt and thomas, as well. hopefully, thomas will have grown up whilst i was gone...

#187652 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 05 November 2008 - 01:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Bad news.

My life is far too fucked up at the moment for me to attend. My ride broke down, my arsenal sucks, my mate and I are trying to stay out of poverty status, I'm fat, etc...

I do sincerely apoligize, and I do wish I could be there, but the cards are not dealt in my favor this year.

#186726 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2008 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

case in point, I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.

Ya, but i'm broke, so I'll just have to use my current arsenal and my meager dart count.

Pray tell, is anyone bringing a bucket of stefans?

#255028 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2009 - 09:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I know females may be a strange thing for y'all, so I'll see if she will come to the next one, which is...

#255026 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2009 - 09:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I found it, post the damn pics! :D

#255034 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2009 - 09:51 PM in Nerf Wars

(Kinda tanked, so I'll watch my grammar here...)

It was good to be welcomed back with...such an awkward silence when I walked up. it's not like I walked in the middle of y'all and farted. Just kidding, it was great seeing both the old and new breed.

#255024 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2009 - 09:00 PM in Nerf Wars

You damn kids and your +bows and your plugged titans, it's nonsense! back in my day, we played with BB guns!

(Waves Cane.)

#253945 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

No sir, I am not, go ahead and send me one. Are you in the ranks of the 34th LCB yet? I can send you invites if you aren't...

#253938 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 12:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I will see if the LCB will come.

#254936 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 30 October 2009 - 12:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Not at all. We usual like having older players. In fact, then he would see for himself that we are legit.

Good! He wanted to come along anyways, and it would be nice for him to see for himself that you guys aren't a bunch of sex-offenders or something. ;)

:) :D

#255007 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2009 - 04:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh shit I just woke up and there's nobody to give me a ride. It sucks, but I guess I wasn't prepared at all anyway

Posted Image

EDIT: Venom, I want those pics! :D

#255019 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2009 - 08:51 PM in Nerf Wars

You still out-gunned us, so why complain? :D