themessiahpsg1's Content

There have been 229 items by themessiahpsg1 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#254197 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 October 2009 - 10:58 AM in General Nerf

That said, nerf tactics are something I love to talk about, but are better taught through actually nerfing. I'd prefer if this thread come back to its original purpose, which was local recruitment. If Messiah would like me to close it and start over, that's fine. If you WANT to discuss specific tactics, start a new thread. Though, I warn you, most people who chime in have will have no idea what they are talking about.

Well, I rather like where this thread has gone to. Who doesn't ask questions before they join something? I have no problem answering questions from interested nerfers. I'll just ask that any more questions will be through PM.

If I move to St. Paul can I play nerf guns like GI Joe with you guys? Can I be Road Block? PLEASE?!

Yes. pew pew. :3

#254156 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 10:28 PM in General Nerf

I do wanna see videos of some crazy drill master yelling about Nerf. That would make me laugh.

I think I shall do that next time I visit the PX. lol

#254139 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

Thank you very much, Venom. Your voice is most welcome.

(Lawdy, that is an old picture...)

#254126 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

:D

#254115 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

As long as you don't show up to the same MN war as me in full camo, I'll be happy to hit you guys in the neck a few times.

Camo in the Nerf world equates to a giant sign that says "SHOOT AT ME"

Only if they can see where you are. I realize, in wide-range wars, camouflage definitely has it's use, but not as practical in constant-contact engagements, where both sides are in plain view of the other team ninety-nine percent of the time, whereas the camouflage serves as more of a team uniform.

#254114 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:15 PM in General Nerf

Interesting fact here I thought I'd throw in: A stefan fired from a plugged, singled titan at maximum force has comparable muzzle velocity to a 40mm Airfoil round, and they both sting at close range.

Which is why they are almost universally banned from the nerf wars organized on these forums.

Why, yes, I understand that.

#254042 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 08:15 AM in General Nerf

First of all, read this.

A million times no.

Team work is effective. Military squad tactics are, usually, not.

Generally speaking, going out and nerfing with your friends on a regular basis will do more to improve your teamwork and nerf iq than....how do you train nerf anyway? Wouldn't whatever you're doing just be, well, nerfing?

Anyway, knock yourself out, but I'd keep a couple things in mind if I were you: 1 - Nerf tactics are completely different than tactics using any other type of firearm. 2 - At any given nerf war you're only going to have your squad together for maybe a couple of rounds.

Now, of course, maybe you don't plan on attending any NIC type wars. Maybe you only want to throw your own wars. If that's the case, good luck, but remember that if you're using a bunch of new nerfers as practice for your well equiped and experienced team, those new nerfers will not likely have enough fun in order to want to become old nerfers.

I've taken all that into account already. my Squads are devided up by skill and rank. When we play within our ranks, we balance out the teams by such standards, so that it is fair play and fun play. We don't mind getting split up, as I tend to lean towards team-based tactics rather than squad based tactics, as moving in groups aren't very practical with more than 4 bodies. Thusly, if you wanted to be a nerd about it, you could say I'm taking the "Army of Two" approach.

Believe me, I know that nerf guns have few ballistic similarities to real firearms, and I have adjusted our rules of engagement as to compensate.

Interesting fact here I thought I'd throw in: A stefan fired from a plugged, singled titan at maximum force has comparable muzzle velocity to a 40mm Airfoil round, and they both sting at close range.

#254040 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:52 AM in General Nerf

Yes, I mentioned in the first post about finding appropriate cover or concealment(preferably, the first.)

One of the things I will be teaching is bounding, which goes something like this:

Let's say two players are moving in a team towards a treeline to flank a hole or a loser. when the two enter into the treeline, Player A will move 5 meters or so to the left or right of player B and find cover, for instance, a tree. Player B spots a Vulcan dug in about 30 meters ahead. Player A will signal B to move up. Player B will move up to the next available cover while Player A provides covering fire. when Player B is set, He will signal Player A to move up past him, whilst providing him with covering fire. Repeat until you are in a good offensive position to push on towards the objective.

Also, thank you goongala, for actually understanding what I'm trying to do here.

#254031 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

I cannot fathom why people aren't jumping at this.

Because nerf is a game, and you're taking yourself waaaay too seriously?

So is basketball, football, soccer, hockey...they all have playbooks, why shouldn't this sport/game/riffraff?

#254028 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:53 PM in General Nerf

I guess I'm not getting through. I'm trying to turn out some of the best nerfers that Minnesota has ever seen.

I cannot fathom why people aren't jumping at this.

#254026 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:33 PM in General Nerf

This is nerf: we don't conduct "operations", we don't play in "theaters", we don't "train", we don't have military rankings, we don't use "squad tactics", and we don't wear all camo. This is nerf, not the fucking military.

First of all, read this.

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Unless you know what it means to live and die by these six stanzas, MegaMouse, you can shut your shit-cave.

I regret to say that the military has taken over every aspect of my life, especially my hobbies, so if you feel that it's too much for you, leave it be. Simple as that.

#254024 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

You are a great guy to Nerf with. I can see where the appeal to this is, but truth be told, its Nerf. You will never have guns accurate enough, or that shoot fast enough to make actual "training" applicable. Bullets are hard to dodge, so the goal is to kill an enemy before they fire. Nerf, on the otherhand, is really easy to dodge.

It would be like sending the National Guard after Neo from the Matrix... It might work, but it seems like it would take a while.

Although, I may be totally wrong. I'd like for your Nerf crew to come to an NIC war. I want to see what you guys can do.

What is this NIC you speak of?

#253963 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 05:44 PM in General Nerf

I like to have things structured.

#253946 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 02:50 PM in Homemades

ABP5K, currently lost to the ethers of Canada. Don't know when I'll get around to making another one (if ever).
Posted Image

Every time I visualize a 35-round drum in that thing, I jizz. you owe me underwear, Slug. :D

#253945 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 02:46 PM in Nerf Wars

No sir, I am not, go ahead and send me one. Are you in the ranks of the 34th LCB yet? I can send you invites if you aren't...

#253941 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

I have formed a nerf group that will either host or attend operations in the surrounding areas of St. Paul, mostly between Inver Grove Heights and North St. Paul, so, a fairly wide theater. We are about 17 members strong thus far, and are always recruiting. If you find that you are interested in joining us, click here to be directed to our Facebook Page.

This isn't recruiting for any branch of the United States Armed Forces. The group has been designated that because I want it that way, seeing as I train every one of my members in the ways of the Army Ranger as applied to nerf: squad and team-based tactics, improvised cover and concealment, so on and so forth.

I'll take any questions through PM.

#253938 Minnesota Halloween Nerf-out '09

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 12:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I will see if the LCB will come.

#253934 Inver Grove Hieghts Skirmish

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Talio, could you please delete this thread?

#253649 Inver Grove Hieghts Skirmish

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 15 October 2009 - 11:38 PM in Nerf Wars

That's just the thing, I'm not hosting it, just advertising it.

I digress, and compromise by posting the group's rules:

NERF Rules Of Engagement. Version 1.00

Administrative note

All combatenants are required to have a Nerfhaven account or to join the Death By Foam group. (www.nerfhaven.com) Combatenants do not need to maintain the account, but it is suggested to maintain contact sporadically.

Section Two: Basic Combat

(Note: rules regarding life points may be subject to change, depending on combat situation, perks, and number of players.)

Life points: You start every game with Three (3, Tres, Drei, E'saj) Combat Life points.* Once these are gone, you are dead, and are to return to the berthing/start area. Any supporting your team, foul play, or hints will get your team disqualified. Corpses do very little, and we are granting them the priveledge to walk. (Note: The gamemaster may decide to enforce this with a spiked bat to the groin.)

Weapon Damage: Every weapon that is of Sonic micro, Streamline, Tag Dart, and Sucker Dart caliber will take away one life point per round fired per hit. (Note: hits above the plane of the collarbones will count as two hits, and two life points taken away. large caliber weapons, such as the Titan AS-V, Big-Blast, Big Bad Bow, And any other non-standard caliber weapons have a damage of 2 life points, regardless of range or area of impact.

Melee Combat: When a player has run out of ammunition and/or is within striking range of the opponent, he may engage him in Close-Quarters Combat. the rules of this are as follows:
1. Successful contact consists of ANY part of the weapon coming in contact with anywhere on the opponents body, minus the hands. A defender may grab his or her opponents weapon. a legitimate hit would be contact above the wrist, technically the forearm.
2. Swords, halberds and other, non-projectile, single-purpose weapons are an instant kill, Regardless of the area of impact. All single purpose weapons must have some for of impact dampening device, preferably foam. No Lead pipes or felines.

Duel/Challenge: When a player is equipped with a sword or other melee weapon, he can call challenge to any player on their team with a single-purpose melee weapon. should the challenged accept, the combatenants then strip themselves of all other weaponry, but not necessarily ammunition. (Note: during this duel, the rest of the players can resume their own battles.) The duelists start with three lives, (Not to be merged with points left over from combat.) Every sword hit deducts one life point, regardless of area of impact. once a victor is declared, the winner shall resume combat among his teammates with the same amount of life points the player had prior to engaging in the duel.

And the link in the first post is the details of the operation. call for directions. 612 559 4894

#253574 Inver Grove Hieghts Skirmish

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 14 October 2009 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't knock it until you try it. I will try to come to the Halloween one as well, I've been away for so long, I must flex the nerfing muscle...

C'mon guys.

#253559 Inver Grove Hieghts Skirmish

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 14 October 2009 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Hi everyone, I know you've missed me.

Click here to join in the fun. also, if you are in the area, i suggest you joining the hosting group, Death By Foam to stay in the loop with local wars.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

#242774 So. St. Paul Surrounding Area (mn)

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 July 2009 - 06:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy shit, it's Messiah. I'm probably down for something like this. This is closer than the other venues. If you're interested, you could come to a major war we are having next weekend. There is a thread about it. Glad to see you're still here.

good to see you broseph. My expected scheduled deployment is october of next year.
I can't do shit friday night or saturday, but I'll see if any of my team is interested.

link to the thread please?

Also, I would like to attempt to collect SN's of those who are interested in attending our little soirees.

#242618 So. St. Paul Surrounding Area (mn)

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 July 2009 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I go to school in St. Paul so starting in sept. I might be able to make it to a few of these. I am sort of curious as to where in st. Paul you are. Would you care to put up a google earth map of the area you nerf in?

fixed. check OP.

#242613 So. St. Paul Surrounding Area (mn)

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 July 2009 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright friends, I've decided to let the NH community that this thread pertains to in on something we have been doing for a little over two years, and now our SOP has been notarized and structured to a point where we can actually start to bring more people in with little to no confusion. I've never hosted a war before, although I am the Point Of Contact/NCOIC of our little group, so forgive me if I'm not savvy to the exact etiquette of hosting, despite having read the pertinent thread.

We meet usually once a week in South Saint Paul, unless the majority is sunk with work or other obligations. We have our own set of rules that are basically notarized, but still in progress. The theater of operation is approximately 1 1/2 square blocks; a mixed suburban/forest scenario.

For details, you can call my cell: 612-559-4894

Rally on me, hoo-ah!

http://maps.google.c...29&z=16&iwloc=A

#225244 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 23 April 2009 - 10:06 AM in Modifications

Ok, I'm on the fence about scrapping this project and migrating the concept over to a longshot or something breached and gravity fed. The longshot idea would end up with me taking the 8.4v 1100mah battery and firing assembly out of a JG AK47Tac, and using that instead of that weak 500mah battery. Integrating that into a spare LS shell I have will be the hardest part, but still very easy. If I don't end up putting it into a LS, I'll just put it into a breached, gravity-fed weapon. any more ideas will result in me starting another thread with a poll.

This week is finals, and I also have drill to deal with, so this won't happen soon, but when I'm done with classes, the only hindrance I'll have would be drill...

so, hoo-ah, everybody.

#221329 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 02 April 2009 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

You go ahead and try that, then. I'm not going to tear apart any of my good AEGs, let alone buy a new gearbox.

#221167 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

Ok, well I tried it today, and at least the concept is on track. all I have to do is seal the gap between the cylinder and the piston. Ranges were crap (~5), but the intended purpose is CQC anyway. results may vary from a fully charged battery, and a better seal around the piston lip.

#221028 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

If i can find a better camera.

#221025 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 12:06 PM in Modifications

If possible, that gear box looks BIGGER than the Mav plunger tube. Just goes to show how tiny the thing is. I hope you can get this to work, but I wouldn't buy an AEG just for that. Up here in Canada, a good one is easily 300$. This is very nice, I hope it works.

I took the gearbox out of a $60 DE M83. not very expensive at all.

#221022 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 11:18 AM in Modifications

Probably wouldn't be any lower ranges than the STOCK maverick... :lol: Nice idea, too. Could we get a sharper picture though?

Unrelated note: Have you been stationed yet?

yes, I'm still right up here in my St. Paul base. my deployment should be soon, though.

#221017 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

Sorry for my absence everybody, but I bring gifts of song and bong, but I forgot the song.

An electric semi-auto maverick:
Posted Image
(Wow, what a crap picture...)
I took the gearbox out of a broken AEG I had laying around, and combined it with a spare maverick I found in my closet. A few maniacal laughs later, I had a working semi-automatic maverick. when I say it works, I mean it works mechanically, as I still have yet to formally test it. motor is powered by a 500Mah 7.2v Stick battery.

The only doubts I have about it are as to whether or not the gearbox has enough pressure to actually push the darts out, so I'm eager to test it soon.

#221014 April 1st

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 10:15 AM in News

Marry me! :lol:

#205063 Minnesnowta Recap

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 January 2009 - 10:43 PM in Nerf Wars

DAMMIT! I missed another great war...

Whatever, I'll catch the next one!

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, just staying on my toes for a possible February deployment.

#200774 Minnesnowta War

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 03 January 2009 - 03:33 AM in Nerf Wars

where the hell have YOU been, hilt? :D

#199872 Minnesnowta War

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 30 December 2008 - 10:45 PM in Nerf Wars

:D I'll think about the sock...you don't know where that's been...

#199866 Minnesnowta War

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 30 December 2008 - 09:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I might drop in, but probably not as a contender. just looking for some nostalgia.

Yeah, I'm shifting my interest into airsoft and I will probably sell my arsenal sometime soon.

#191818 Mnhno Recap

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 24 November 2008 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm sorry I couldn't attend, hate me later.
Who wasted vodka? good lord...
Should I be expecting footage sometime soon?

#188177 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 November 2008 - 11:12 PM in Nerf Wars

Good luck, gents.

Nerfcrazy, I personally think that you should mount one of those cameras to one of your weapons, Messiah style.

I expect video soon.

#187652 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 05 November 2008 - 01:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Bad news.

My life is far too fucked up at the moment for me to attend. My ride broke down, my arsenal sucks, my mate and I are trying to stay out of poverty status, I'm fat, etc...

I do sincerely apoligize, and I do wish I could be there, but the cards are not dealt in my favor this year.

#186726 Minnesota Halloween Nerf Outing

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 31 October 2008 - 06:04 PM in Nerf Wars

case in point, I'm so broke I can't even pay attention.

Ya, but i'm broke, so I'll just have to use my current arsenal and my meager dart count.

Pray tell, is anyone bringing a bucket of stefans?