themessiahpsg1's Content

There have been 229 items by themessiahpsg1 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#254688 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 27 October 2009 - 12:07 PM in General Nerf

Well, yes. But what if they were aiming at your abdomen? adjust, lie flat? The point of training is to get better at something.

Max Payne...I like that. ;)

Edit: I know you didn't phish me, the IP was from new york.

#254681 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 27 October 2009 - 11:31 AM in General Nerf

Thank you for bringing my profile to my attention. having looked it over, I realize that I have been phished.

#254654 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 26 October 2009 - 09:51 PM in General Nerf

Tactics are rarely followed to the letter, and if the Rangers taught me anything, improvisation is key.
I have left the terms somewhat open so that adjustments can be made in adaption to lower velocity weapons and the like.

Look guys, I'm trying to make things as smooth as possible in my transiton from combat training to milsim, so forgive me if some of this may seem overkill or just plain dumb.

Edit: Because if I leave one thing out, y'all lose your minds.

#254204 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 October 2009 - 12:10 PM in General Nerf

Wait...will I have to do push ups? Because I'm not really a fan of "physical exertion."

only if you screw up something fierce. lol

#254197 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 October 2009 - 10:58 AM in General Nerf

That said, nerf tactics are something I love to talk about, but are better taught through actually nerfing. I'd prefer if this thread come back to its original purpose, which was local recruitment. If Messiah would like me to close it and start over, that's fine. If you WANT to discuss specific tactics, start a new thread. Though, I warn you, most people who chime in have will have no idea what they are talking about.

Well, I rather like where this thread has gone to. Who doesn't ask questions before they join something? I have no problem answering questions from interested nerfers. I'll just ask that any more questions will be through PM.

If I move to St. Paul can I play nerf guns like GI Joe with you guys? Can I be Road Block? PLEASE?!

Yes. pew pew. :3

#254156 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 10:28 PM in General Nerf

I do wanna see videos of some crazy drill master yelling about Nerf. That would make me laugh.

I think I shall do that next time I visit the PX. lol

#254139 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

Thank you very much, Venom. Your voice is most welcome.

(Lawdy, that is an old picture...)

#254126 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

:D

#254115 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

As long as you don't show up to the same MN war as me in full camo, I'll be happy to hit you guys in the neck a few times.

Camo in the Nerf world equates to a giant sign that says "SHOOT AT ME"

Only if they can see where you are. I realize, in wide-range wars, camouflage definitely has it's use, but not as practical in constant-contact engagements, where both sides are in plain view of the other team ninety-nine percent of the time, whereas the camouflage serves as more of a team uniform.

#254114 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:15 PM in General Nerf

Interesting fact here I thought I'd throw in: A stefan fired from a plugged, singled titan at maximum force has comparable muzzle velocity to a 40mm Airfoil round, and they both sting at close range.

Which is why they are almost universally banned from the nerf wars organized on these forums.

Why, yes, I understand that.

#254042 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 08:15 AM in General Nerf

First of all, read this.

A million times no.

Team work is effective. Military squad tactics are, usually, not.

Generally speaking, going out and nerfing with your friends on a regular basis will do more to improve your teamwork and nerf iq than....how do you train nerf anyway? Wouldn't whatever you're doing just be, well, nerfing?

Anyway, knock yourself out, but I'd keep a couple things in mind if I were you: 1 - Nerf tactics are completely different than tactics using any other type of firearm. 2 - At any given nerf war you're only going to have your squad together for maybe a couple of rounds.

Now, of course, maybe you don't plan on attending any NIC type wars. Maybe you only want to throw your own wars. If that's the case, good luck, but remember that if you're using a bunch of new nerfers as practice for your well equiped and experienced team, those new nerfers will not likely have enough fun in order to want to become old nerfers.

I've taken all that into account already. my Squads are devided up by skill and rank. When we play within our ranks, we balance out the teams by such standards, so that it is fair play and fun play. We don't mind getting split up, as I tend to lean towards team-based tactics rather than squad based tactics, as moving in groups aren't very practical with more than 4 bodies. Thusly, if you wanted to be a nerd about it, you could say I'm taking the "Army of Two" approach.

Believe me, I know that nerf guns have few ballistic similarities to real firearms, and I have adjusted our rules of engagement as to compensate.

Interesting fact here I thought I'd throw in: A stefan fired from a plugged, singled titan at maximum force has comparable muzzle velocity to a 40mm Airfoil round, and they both sting at close range.

#254040 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 07:52 AM in General Nerf

Yes, I mentioned in the first post about finding appropriate cover or concealment(preferably, the first.)

One of the things I will be teaching is bounding, which goes something like this:

Let's say two players are moving in a team towards a treeline to flank a hole or a loser. when the two enter into the treeline, Player A will move 5 meters or so to the left or right of player B and find cover, for instance, a tree. Player B spots a Vulcan dug in about 30 meters ahead. Player A will signal B to move up. Player B will move up to the next available cover while Player A provides covering fire. when Player B is set, He will signal Player A to move up past him, whilst providing him with covering fire. Repeat until you are in a good offensive position to push on towards the objective.

Also, thank you goongala, for actually understanding what I'm trying to do here.

#254028 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 October 2009 - 11:53 PM in General Nerf

I guess I'm not getting through. I'm trying to turn out some of the best nerfers that Minnesota has ever seen.

I cannot fathom why people aren't jumping at this.

#254031 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 October 2009 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

I cannot fathom why people aren't jumping at this.

Because nerf is a game, and you're taking yourself waaaay too seriously?

So is basketball, football, soccer, hockey...they all have playbooks, why shouldn't this sport/game/riffraff?

#144835 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 12 March 2008 - 12:19 AM in Nerf Wars

hooray!
the weather might cooperate!
yeah.
i ripped the cool pantaloons i was going to bring. dayum.'

11 pages, beyotch.

#144755 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 11 March 2008 - 06:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Do you think it would be ok if i bring a nerf gernade?

say yes, it's a 'war' isn't it?

#144078 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 06 March 2008 - 08:27 AM in Nerf Wars

scratch one, now my buddy frank might come, but i doubt he'll go through with it.

I feel like a little girl waiting for hannah montana to take the stage.

#142571 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 26 February 2008 - 01:31 AM in Nerf Wars

I've got 2 potential noobs on the line, one's only 12, though...

is there an age limit?

#141982 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 22 February 2008 - 02:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh and bring money. I might sell off my +bow assuming it's done. I have enough materials to make two so I'm going to keep one and sell one.

o really? got a ballpark price?

Most likely I'm going to sell it to sam, but probably around $100.

holy gay... is it a repeater? link to topic?

#141690 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 February 2008 - 08:28 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh and bring money. I might sell off my +bow assuming it's done. I have enough materials to make two so I'm going to keep one and sell one.

o really? got a ballpark price?

#141511 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 February 2008 - 03:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Keep in mind the majority of us have actually been to a nerf war and know stuff that you probably don't. I'd say have at the very least 100 total.

touche and point taken, I would like to know what I'm up against, so Show me what you're workin' with.

#141492 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 February 2008 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

though i am going to buy more rounds, keep in mind my CO awarded me expert infantry for my 98% m16 overall performance, because i can make every shot count.

how many rounds should i buy? i can't make them.

and, uh, does anyone have any spare mags they can bring/sell me?

#141016 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 February 2008 - 12:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I think I could mount my Hi-8 recorder on P.I.T.A. again, that would be far out.

Uniform:
BDU
ACU PC
Two-fold Gloves
ACU boots
Jeans

Arms:
2x Cs-6
1x Cs-6R
1x NF
Ammo:
44x Streamline
3x Suckers
7x Glowdarts

My darts have Blue, Black, And Red, in that order, it's on every one of them.
also, my friend might come as well, he's showing an interest...

#140858 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 17 February 2008 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

alrighty then, I'm official, so long as Hilt is still offering a ride...
this will be my first war, i suppose, so somebody should film this.

#138119 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 February 2008 - 01:21 PM in Nerf Wars

also, did anyone check to see if there were any pot heads playing whilst we nerf?

I rarely understand what your saying.

I read a news article about a lot of potheads getting busted whilst playing frisbee golf. 15 pounds of sweet, sweet hash...

anyway, I'm happy we have more than 10 people attending...

#137814 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 30 January 2008 - 02:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I am scheduled for drill (army training) on the 15th, but i'll try to move it so I can come...
so keep me in.
also, did anyone check to see if there were any pot heads playing whilst we nerf?

#137607 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 28 January 2008 - 11:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't do it the 5th, 22nd looks the best, but either way, i'd need a ride, because niether my parents nor the buses are being cooperative...
who drives past ssp on their way?

#145072 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 14 March 2008 - 09:43 AM in Nerf Wars

hokay, so; I am coming for damn sure, my friend is unreachable, but last time we spoke he said he was going to his dad's. i told him to go buy fbr and make darts for himself, but i doubt he's done it, so if he shows up, he'll prolly need a gun, cuz all his guns are stock (fuck.). not to mention he's getting his own ride, making him totally invulnerable to phone calls. (bollocks.)

but I'm ready. just finished tweaking PITA, so I'm al ready.

hilt, how many people are you picking up?

sorry for double posting, but this just occured to me.

do we have anyone with medical experience or training coming?

"Caution and practice is nice, but can it set a broken arm?" -Lev Gregorivich Kolsevi (1980-2008)

#145090 2nd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 14 March 2008 - 01:41 PM in Nerf Wars

hypothetical situations:

a player falls off of the playground or slips on ice(if its still there) and busts their shit.
a player runs into a tree and is rendered unconscious.
Rare: someone is shot in the eye.

I asked because as a soldier(and future combat medic), it is my duty to promote safety.
It's not stupidity, just concern, which seems to be a foreign concept to you, sam.