Phree Agent's Content

There have been 220 items by Phree Agent (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#249998 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 September 2009 - 10:36 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maverick with Mega Missile inside. The MM pump is linked to the Mav slider bar. The trigger pin is also linked to the Mav trigger.

Barrel length is not final yet. Cosmetic work soon to come.

PM with questions, suggestions, etc.

#251841 Fall Dcno

Posted by Phree Agent on 27 September 2009 - 02:09 PM in Nerf Wars

Me +1 will most likely be there

#254935 Dt3 Pistol Catch Help Needed.

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 October 2009 - 12:52 PM in Modifications

As stated you could check to make sure the plunger rod has the right side up as the top and bottom look very similar. Also, you were saying you were having trouble finding the right size spring correct? Make sure the replacement spring isn't too long so that even when fully compressed the catch won't reach the catch slot on the plunger rod. I have just recently made this mistake and spent too long trying to find the problem.

#256752 Nova Thanksgiving War

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 November 2009 - 03:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Me plus one would be a VERY tentative maybe depending on location, date etc. It doesn't really matter which day because honestly I have no idea what the family has planned for either day. But, if the stars align and everything works out, it will be me plus one.

#257081 Ballzooka Mp150

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 November 2009 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

The concept and craftsmanship alone make this project awesome. I love the casing and the placement of the battery. Excellent work.

#257083 Nova Thanksgiving War

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 November 2009 - 11:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Well I CAN commit to being there, but if the attendance doesn't increase much, I may not come either. Do you have a cut off number in mind, or will this war happen no matter how many people say they are coming?

Edit: I will be there for sure. Numbers are looking better by the day.

#257161 Nova Thanksgiving War

Posted by Phree Agent on 23 November 2009 - 10:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Weather looks perfect. Sunny, in the low fifties.

By the way, I will have some blasters (nerf and vortex) for sale at the war so bring some extra cash if you are interested. I don't want to give details yet, but just keep that in mind when you pack your wallet.

See everyone there.

#257472 Nova Thanksgiving War

Posted by Phree Agent on 28 November 2009 - 07:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Overall, it was a fantastic war. It was my first real organized war so I don't have much to compare it to, but I had loads of fun so I think that counts as a success.

Quote of the day: "Hey Slug....You're not fat?" -imaseoulman

My 2k served me well, but I wish I had packed more to play with. It was nice to meet a handful of new people, and I would nerf with any of them again.

Chipotle was the icing on the cake. Burritos the size of small children are always delicious.

Edit: Saw the picture, I laughed.

#257994 Christmas Nova

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 December 2009 - 02:45 PM in Nerf Wars

The 26th is definitely not going to work for me. Also, all the weekdays are possibilities for me.

#258402 Christmas Nova

Posted by Phree Agent on 08 December 2009 - 08:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Numbers look a little lacking at the moment, but I will be bringing 1-2 people in theory. So I hope that helps.

#258758 Christmas Nova

Posted by Phree Agent on 12 December 2009 - 06:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll bump this.

Anyone have more solid details yet about date or numbers?

Still looks to me like a handful of maybes.

It would still be me plus 1-2 for practically any day that is not the 26th I just need to know in advance.

#259294 Christmas Nova

Posted by Phree Agent on 18 December 2009 - 04:37 AM in Nerf Wars

Same here. Maybe try again in January?

#260212 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 December 2009 - 08:55 PM in Modifications

Mine did this after I plugged the pump as well. The pump would push air into the tubing, but then it would push the pump handle back out. I spliced in a new check valve and it works like a dream now. I hope this helps.

#260281 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 31 December 2009 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

My K9 special-ed PAS. Internal reinforcements and longshot spring added. Universal coupler system so I can single, use a breech, or use the RSCB set up. Extended stock can be pulled off if mobility is key.

Blastfire is just CPVC couplered. No leaks; shoots like a champ.

PM me if you have questions. Happy new year.

#260340 At2k Help Needed

Posted by Phree Agent on 01 January 2010 - 11:46 AM in Modifications

I got my replacement at Petco. It was for fish tanks and hooked up nicely with the stock tubing. I just cut out a section of the stock tubing and conneted the split ends of the stock tubing to the valve. Make sure the arrow on the valve indicating direction of flow points from the pump to the tank.

#260686 Supermaxx 3000 Overhaul

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 January 2010 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure if all these guns are like this, or if the previous owner of mine was just violent with his blasters, but the screw post that goes through the pump (the one that actually pulls/pushes the pump) is broken. I'm sure there is an easy way to reinforce this piece. Just thought I would share this prior to it possibly breaking.

Other than that, excellent work as usual. The aesthetics of this gun are what push me away from even wanting to mod mine (and the blue one is even uglier) *cringe*.

#261173 Skype Group Chat

Posted by Phree Agent on 08 January 2010 - 12:05 PM in Off Topic

Phreenerf
Not important
Phree

#261677 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 13 January 2010 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a maybe for all the dates. Sounds like a blast. Thanks for stepping up and hosting Dizzy

#262185 Md / Dc War Planning

Posted by Phree Agent on 17 January 2010 - 06:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I would be in for a war in February even if Dizzy is doing one in March. The more wars the better. I am open pretty much any Saturday as long as I have some notice in advance.

#262374 Would This Modification Do Anything?

Posted by Phree Agent on 19 January 2010 - 02:55 PM in Modifications

To answer your question directly, yes it will work. People have made these sort of "stubby" barreled doubleshots before. I have infact seen one in action. It kills the aesthetics of the gun though, I think, but does make the gun more useable.

#262734 Raider Issue

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 January 2010 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

Does the priming bar get stuck forward, back, or somewhere in between?

#262927 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by Phree Agent on 24 January 2010 - 11:11 AM in Modifications

That template is brilliant, thanks for putting that up. Color scheme, hmmm I like the black and tan.

#264313 Ratchetblast Assistance?

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 February 2010 - 09:26 AM in Modifications

That blue gunk was all over my internals as well. If I had to guess I think it is just a mixture of the ancient stock lube and dirt in the blaster. I just washed it off and re-lubed, no harm done.

#264919 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 10 February 2010 - 11:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Bump this up

Also, I can for sure be there. I may be bringing 1-3 with me as well.

On a side note, I am looking to buy a stock titan and it would be great if somebody at this war had one so that I didn't have get one shipped to me. So if anyone coming is selling one, I'll buy it. PM me if this is the case. Thanks

#265925 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 18 February 2010 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey Dizzy, any news on a picnic shelter?

By the way, Me +3 are for sure coming.

Nobody with a stock titan? Possibly even a full Hulk set? PM me.

#266424 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 February 2010 - 01:33 AM in Modifications

This was the first turret I tried to re barrel and it turned out AWFUL. Airsoftguy is right in that the boiling does not work for these. I tried to do what you stated and just reattach the rotation mech separately after I re barreled the turret, but I got my spacing slightly off. Never worked the same again, but if you make proper cuts and measurements your idea should work in theory.

#266530 Pa Nerf/airsoft Arena Website Added

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 February 2010 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

I am very excited about this as well. This would be well worth the drive for me for a pretty outstanding indoor location! Excellent find.

#267732 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by Phree Agent on 02 March 2010 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Craftsmanship here is top notch. I appreciate mods that look good and function well. Congrats, not to mention this may be the first BBBB mod in a while that actually makes me want to buy one.

#268238 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 06 March 2010 - 11:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Anyone seen the field yet by chance? I really want this war to happen.

#268333 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 March 2010 - 12:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My group of four wouldn't mind sub par conditions, but if it was absolutely awful I can understand a cancellation.

#268857 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 11 March 2010 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

So in theory this could still happen. Could somebody (from that area) please go check the field? Or anyone have a possible replacement location in mind that they know is clear?

#269125 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 14 March 2010 - 12:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I am pretty sure any of those would work for me, but I can't be positive how many guests I will have with me for those dates.

#269271 Basic Sharpshooter Ii Mods/repairs

Posted by Phree Agent on 16 March 2010 - 12:04 AM in Modifications

Basic Reinforcement/Repair and Barrel/Spring replacement for a Sharpshooter II

Not many Sharpshooter II mods out there so I figured I would dig mine out of box of goodies and fix it up. It ended up being much better than I expected.

First is first: Open up the gun. No tricks here.

Posted Image

Basic Internals. Plunger tube is fairly large. (Trigger is missing in this picture, but it's not really important)

I then noticed in my blaster specifically (But I have heard of many other people with this problem as well) that the spring rest was cracked and even broken off in some places.

Posted Image

To combat this problem, I grabbed my sheet aluminum and tin snips. I cut a piece out for each spring rest. After dry fitting the pieces for size, mark where the plunger rod square hole needs to be cut.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Once everything is cut and fits nicely, epoxy the aluminum plates in.

Posted Image

Now that the spring rests are bulked up, we can now move on to a basic spring and barrel replacement.

Remove the plunger head and add whatever springs you wish. I have a random spring I found in my parts, and an Ace 49 in mine. I added a small PVC spacer to compensate for my replacement springs being slightly shorter than the stock one.

Posted Image

Next take out the plunger tube assembly. I use CPVC for my barrels. After a wrap or two of electrical tape the CPVC fits very snuggly into the stock barrels. I glued them in, and then glued the barrels to the green barrel selector part just for good measure.

Posted Image

Now lube and reassemble the blaster, and enjoy.

Posted Image

This blaster is much better than I thought it would be after just simple mods. The spring rests are still holding strong with no sign of cracking or breaking. Looking back I could have replaced the plunger head, but I didn’t have the time or the materials at the time.

Ranges with 3/0 sinker Stefans at chest level, indoor not counting dart skip: 58 (top), 62 (Bottom)
First write up, hope it went well.
Comments/Questions?

#269415 Basic Sharpshooter Ii Mods/repairs

Posted by Phree Agent on 16 March 2010 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Yeah, even if this is slightly more bulky than a standard Nightfinder, I like it better. What is better than 1 shot at 60ish feet? Two at 60ish feet.

As for the bottom/top barrel differences I think I read somewhere that it is indeed the barrels selectors fault in favoring the bottom barrel. I could be wrong, but I thought I had read that somewhere in the past.

#269957 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 March 2010 - 05:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Bump

I am a definite and I could have up to 3 with me, or none at all.

Anyone bringing stuff to sell/trade? I am curious

#270668 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 29 March 2010 - 09:29 AM in Nerf Wars

This is really shaping up to be a nice turn out! I will most likely have one or two guests and some stuff to trade or sell

PS anyone just happen to have a spare PAS priming bar that could bring it to the war? PM me thanks

#270911 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 31 March 2010 - 08:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmmm well we will figure something out. I am pumped for this event.

It is me +2 definitely

#271234 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 April 2010 - 07:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Super day of mega fun-ness. I'll upload pictures later and edit them in here!

Pros: Excellent weather, location was good minus the pedestrians, met some new people, no guns broken, found most of my darts.

Cons: No one has planned DCNO yet.

Effeminate: Throwing Easter eggs for a round instead of having a blaster.

#271344 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 April 2010 - 09:46 PM in Nerf Wars

My PAS will keep the "Happy Birthday!" banner wrap job until it falls off from usage for sure. It's classy!

http://s955.photobuc...h...3 War Pics/

There is my album! This war was really fun guys, let's do it again sometime.

#272841 M3 Encore

Posted by Phree Agent on 20 April 2010 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I am just a maybe as well, though if I do end up coming, I will bring at least 2 guests. But I need to see what kind of work I will have to miss, as well as who wants to split the cost of gas with me haha.

And to directly answer your question, either week is fine with me Dizz :)