Phree Agent's Content

There have been 220 items by Phree Agent (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#278950 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by Phree Agent on 29 June 2010 - 02:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah Cranky showed up for like a week a little while back and sounded enthusiastic, but nothing definite about DCNO. I would love to have one, and I feel like others opinions would match mine. The problem is, those are big shoes to fill. I have never hosted a war before, and I don't think DCNO would be a good place to start. Also, I feel like to host DCNO you have to be knighted by Cranky himself; it has been his gig. Anyone else have opinions on this/have talked to Cranky not too long ago/ know if anything about DCNO has been talked about at all?

Sorry if this is highjacking your thread Doom, although this is a decent place for people in the area to discuss this. We can move elsewhere though if you say so haha.

#278910 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by Phree Agent on 28 June 2010 - 05:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, it should be a lot of fun.

I have a Berserker now, so I won't need to borrow a gun. Unfortunately, the only modifications I'll have time to do is AR removal, but that won't stop the war from being fun. :)

Anyone else interested in organizing more regular wars? I was thinking we could try for one every two weeks with intermissions and carpools for more major wars. Let me know here.

If Lake Artemesia works well, we could do more wars here, but I'm willing to try any place in the DC area.

I am totally game for hosting a war and/or having this be a sort of regular thing, BUT the only way it would be worth it to me is if we had a solid group of people that FOR SURE would be there. I can't commit to driving up there twice a month if only 4 or 5 will show up, but the concept is great.

Also, just a reminder to attendees: Bring your CASH, I am bringing a few boxes full of stuff to sell. I don't want my sales to stop or hinder the actual war, but during lunch or before/after will work well.

#278909 War In June

Posted by Phree Agent on 28 June 2010 - 05:32 PM in Nerf Wars

If this actually becomes a Nerf war and less of a Daycare-ish nerfy backyard hangout then I maybe be interested.

#278025 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by Phree Agent on 18 June 2010 - 06:37 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't want this to die

Also...I will be a definite, with possibly +3 with me. The more the better.

#277495 Deluge Tanks Doubleshot Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 12 June 2010 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

Is the check valve the blue thingy before the T? I asked because if you shot the first tank what is keeping the second tank from leaking into the first one?

Yes, the check valves are the blue cylinders. They are between the tanks and the "T". That way, both can be pumped simultaneously, and released independently. The check valves prevent the tanks from leaking into each other.

#277426 Deluge Tanks Doubleshot Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 11 June 2010 - 11:43 AM in Modifications

This is a sweet as mod good job :)

Thank you

Did you took out the check valves from the original tanks? If you did then did you put check valves on the tubing?

The check valves I used are from Petco. I just put them in the tubing between the "T" and the tank expansions. I kinda zipped through that section of the write up so I am sorry the clarity is lacking.

#277308 Deluge Tanks Doubleshot Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 June 2010 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

It gets hard to pump at 6 or so pumps, and maxes out after 8 pumps.

Chances are with a hornet/magstrike pump you could get a few more pumps but then again I don't know how strong the CPVC tank will be. But your ranges aren't bad at all.
Have you thought of using PETG for the barrel? Unless CPVC gives you a loose fit chances are you could get better ranges with PETG.

Yeah I didn't want to spend money on a hornet/magstrike pump, but yes it would probably improve performance slightly. And the only PETG I have is REALLY loose on my darts, so I just prefer cpvc. But seeing how long my barrels are, the lessened friction would definitely improve ranges, probably a lot.

Excellent job. I love how different this is.

Thank you kind sir!

Wow this is exactly what I am trying to do right now but with Tetrastrike tanks instead. When you pump it fills both tanks right?

It's funny you say that because tetrastrike tanks were in my original plan, but I couldn't get my hands on one, and got impatient. Let me know how yours turns out though! Yes the tanks fill simultaneously but are fired independent of each other.

Dude. That's totally legit. :D

Do you plan on cutting off the front of the barrel? And does the PVC connecting to the tanks have to be so long? It seems like it would break easily. :/

I don't plan on cutting the DS barrels for two reasons: First, I like the look of the full blaster. Second, my cpvc barrels are almost as long as the DS ones anyway, so they aren't really hindering the blaster in any way. As for the tank expansions, they can be cut to any size you would like, but they are on there pretty good. The shell of the DS supports them well.

#277295 Deluge Tanks Doubleshot Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 June 2010 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

That looks great! But I think you'll find it easier to pump it to higher pressures if you shorten your CPVC extensions. Other than that it looks almost like something from start trek: (pic and whatnot)

Thanks, glad you like it!

EDIT: I'll say right now that Hot glue is NOT a good sealant, I suggest that some more super glue to be used, or plumbers goop over the hot glue to ensure that no air escapes.

The super glue should be more then enough, have you ever tried to blow into a piece of CPVC with an endcap on it? Its hard, the super glue really just keeps it attached.

But on topic, this looks sick! I was waiting for the write up since I saw this in the Paint Job thread.
For keeping the tubing internal, which in my mind is near essential if you want to actually use this outside, right after the tee you could use a right angle down then another right angle towards the center leaving the endcaps right inside the shell!
It is just an idea, but if you ever make another..
Another question, how many times do you pump it? How many pumps does it get hard to pump at? Its hard to get max pressure with a 3k pump. Oh and there was a typo when you described what pump you used.

Haha I figured a few people were curious after seeing it in the paintjob thread. I actually HAD the tubing running internally, but where the 2 tubes converge at the "T" the tubing would kink because the shell was not wide enough. This could have been fixed with a few small holes to allow more room, but I got impatient and just ran them outside. Yes it was my mistake, I actually used an AT3k pump. It gets hard to pump at 6 or so pumps, and maxes out after 8 pumps.

#277279 Deluge Tanks Doubleshot Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 June 2010 - 04:30 PM in Modifications

5. Shell Modification

Posted Image

I cut the foregrip from the DS off using my cutting wheel on my dremel. Originally I planned to use that foregrip to pump the blaster, but I later decided to just let it be a stationary cover for the pump tube. Dremel out the insides/ create a hole in the front for the pump to protrude from depending on what pump you are using. Then glue it on.

Posted Image

Next glue your pump of choice to the underside of the DS shell. I used a SM3k pump because that is what I had laying around. Other pumps would have been better, but harder to cover with the DS shell piece that you just cut off. Then feed your 1/4in tubing (I used stock AT3k tubing for this part) through the DS shell and out the back. Attach a "T" connector as shown to the end of this tube. When connecting the two tubes from the tank expansions, you will need to put a check valve on each before connecting them to the "T".

6. Barreling/tweaking

Posted Image

Here I used eight inches of 1/2in cpvc for my barrels and cut two rings of 1/2in PVC (sanded out slightly) to keep the barrels centered. Then gut the shell ejection system out of the DS shell and slide the barrels and stabilizers through the back of the DS and glue into place. Make sure the barrels come flush with the edge of the hole so that a good seal is achieved from the tanks.

Posted Image

Next, I added some craft foam on the front of the tank plate in order to create a good seal when the DS is closed up.

Posted Image

I found a bolt that fit the stock DS latch well and cut the head off of it. Then I dry fit the latch and bolt while I closed the DS hinge tightly against the foam. Mark where you need to glue on the bolt, then glue it.

With a little tweaking and fiddling with the trigger system you will be finished (and by little tweaking I mean: possibly redesigning and building)

Finished product:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Paintjob is on the way!
Ranges are in the 70s for both barrels. I am having a hard time getting the shots to fire independently consistently. My trigger needs some work still, but it works most times. All my objectives were met and it is a fun blaster to use.
This is my first write up, so if you have suggestions for me they would be appreciated. Also, if something is unclear or you would like more pictures I can can do my best to answer that stuff. Enjoy.

YOU MAY POST NOW :P

#277278 Deluge Tanks Doubleshot Mod

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 June 2010 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

Phree's Doubleshot Mod: Make your doubleshot not suck....as bad

Main Objectives:
1. Functional break action loading system
2. Keep ability to fire both barrels independently
3. Ranges of at least 50 feet
4. Be cheap

Secondary Objectives:

1. Look as close to stock as possible
2. Be aesthetically pleasing

All objectives were met, minus the subjective opinions that it is not aesthetically pleasing.

Business:

1. Get air tanks

I chose the Super Soaker Deluge tanks because they were small enough to not require a total shell overhaul for the DS and were cheap. Any other tank could be used I guess, you would just break the "Cheap" objective and it would require some extra structural steps.

Posted Image

First disassemble the pair of Deluge blasters and salvage the tanks. Also save the triggers, we will need those later. The rest is unneeded for this mod.

2. Assemble tank expansions

I did not test these tanks without expansions, but based on size I figured they were worthless without the extra volume. I used cpvc and various cpvc fittings to create my tank expansions.

Posted Image

This picture shows the expanded view of my tank expansion. The length of the expansion could be changed if you wish.

Posted Image

Drill 1/4 holes in 2 of the endcaps for the air input. These endcaps could be used as the front of the tank expansion, or the back depending on how you want to run your tubing. I chose to do mine from the back because originally I was going to run my tubing internally.

Posted Image

Glue your tank expansions together and attach your 1/4 tubing to the end using whatever glue/attaching process you like the best. I used superglue for the joints, then sealed over those with hotglue.

Posted Image

Next cut off the nubs on the end of the original tanks. Leave a little more than 1/8 inch of the nub so that it fits nicely into the double shot plate. (This will become clearer in the next picture)

Posted Image

I forget which bit I used, but drill out the orange plate from the DS until the tank nubs fit nicely in it on both sides.

Posted Image

Glue the tanks onto the plate. It should look like this when finished.

3. Preparing the DS shell for the tanks

Posted Image

Mark off your DS shell, and cut it with your cutting disk on your dremel. If you have no dremel.....a hacksaw MIGHT work here. (NOTE: The black line down the middle of the piece I am cutting off is obsolete. Cut along the bottom line)

Posted Image

This is what the shell should look like after cutting. Clean the edges up with an exacto if you so please.

Posted Image

Dry fit your tank assembly in the newly cut shell. If the sides of the DS shell need to be cut down slightly to accommodate the expansions do so with a knife. The tanks should be supported by the shell though, not just hanging on the front plate.

4. Trigger assembly

DISCLAIMER: Before I say how I did the trigger, I would like to say that there are probably better ways to do this part of the mod. Mine was a lot of guess and check and the finished product is still inconsistent at times and finicky.

First get the pair of triggers from the Deluge blasters.

Posted Image

This piece of the trigger pulls the tank pin. Cut the "U" peice off the rest of the trigger. Do this for both triggers.

Posted Image

Next, I had to extend the trigger pin on one of the tanks so that I could have the independent trigger pulls. I used a nail, but there are probably countless ways to achieve this same effect.

The next part of the mod is difficult to describe because I just used the guess and check method to cut what needed to be cut, and glue pieces where they needed to be glued. Like I said earlier, if you try to recreate this, this is probably the part where you could find a better way to rig the trigger. Good luck to you. Hopefully my pictures help to show how I did mine, and I will try to describe what is going on as well.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Essentially what has happened here is that I used the rest of the Deluge trigger and glued that onto the doubleshot trigger. I had to cut the Deluge trigger at an angle so that when the DS trigger is in the blaster, the "shelf" that holds the "U" pieces is parallel to the tank pins. I then dry fit the "U" pieces on the "shelf" so that one pulled the first tank pin immediately, and the second "U" was staggered back about 1/8 inch behind the first one.

Posted Image

You can see in this picture that the first "U" (left side) is ready to immediately pull the pin when the trigger is pulled. Then the second "U" (right side) must travel about 1/4 inch before it starts to pull the second tank pin.

CONTINUED DUE TO PICTURE LIMIT! DON'T POST

#277238 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by Phree Agent on 09 June 2010 - 11:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Doom could you please update the first post? I think that will boost attendance, or at least awareness.

Also, to those attending, I will be posting a huge sales thread in the near future and you all will have priority over those that I would have to ship to if your bids are comparable. Just a perk of the job :P

#276990 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 06 June 2010 - 04:21 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

I apologize for the pretty big pictures, and will change them again if needed.
My doubleshot. This thing still needs some tweaking, but its fun to use. Uses super soaker Deluge tanks with cpvc expansions. Still has the two stage trigger and break action. With 8 pumps it hits 70s with both tanks. Still needs a pump handle and some cosmetic work as well. A write-up MAY be on the way. I took pictures throughout, I just don't know if writing it all up is worth it. Questions/ Comments/ sway me to finish the write-up can be done through PMs.

#276790 N-strike Spectre Rev-5

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 June 2010 - 08:12 AM in News

Honestly, I think this gun is mega fugly. Other than that, I don't see it having any more potential than the already boarder-line absolutely awful, Maverick.

#276438 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by Phree Agent on 30 May 2010 - 06:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I will check my work schedule and then do the survey. But I am very interested, and am excited to see more and more wars being planned for this area!

EDIT: I did the Doodle survey, but those results can be altered however I want practically, I just have to know in advanced so that I can switch shifts with somebody else.

#276070 M3 Encore

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 May 2010 - 02:25 PM in Nerf Wars

The more wars in the DC/MD/VA area the better for me. I want to nerf a lot this summer, and if I can, only drive max three hours. I also have a potential spot on private land in Hagerstown MD. It is pretty heavily wooded, but I can snap some pics next time I am there and see if anyone is interested.

#276039 M3 Encore

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 May 2010 - 09:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Well now that I missed that one....anyone planning another? :)

IF I was to host a war in central/harrisonburg VA area would people still be able to make the trek?

#275185 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Phree Agent on 18 May 2010 - 03:39 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My new primary. 4k FTW. My paint quality was poor, but I got the job done.

#275092 The Reconbow

Posted by Phree Agent on 17 May 2010 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

That pump priming forgrip is the icing on the cake, though I would rather see a real handle on it than a piece of PVC. Excellent job overall.

#273466 M3 Encore

Posted by Phree Agent on 26 April 2010 - 07:29 PM in Nerf Wars

No no, don't schedule around me. That's just silly. Honestly, I plan on attending at least 4 or 5 wars this summer up there with you guys so no worries.

#273335 M3 Encore

Posted by Phree Agent on 25 April 2010 - 08:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Grr, can't come now. Found out I have to get my CPR re-certified that day. Hope it is a blast for everyone else though.

#272841 M3 Encore

Posted by Phree Agent on 20 April 2010 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

I am just a maybe as well, though if I do end up coming, I will bring at least 2 guests. But I need to see what kind of work I will have to miss, as well as who wants to split the cost of gas with me haha.

And to directly answer your question, either week is fine with me Dizz :)

#271344 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 April 2010 - 09:46 PM in Nerf Wars

My PAS will keep the "Happy Birthday!" banner wrap job until it falls off from usage for sure. It's classy!

http://s955.photobuc...h...3 War Pics/

There is my album! This war was really fun guys, let's do it again sometime.

#271234 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 03 April 2010 - 07:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Super day of mega fun-ness. I'll upload pictures later and edit them in here!

Pros: Excellent weather, location was good minus the pedestrians, met some new people, no guns broken, found most of my darts.

Cons: No one has planned DCNO yet.

Effeminate: Throwing Easter eggs for a round instead of having a blaster.

#270911 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 31 March 2010 - 08:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmmm well we will figure something out. I am pumped for this event.

It is me +2 definitely

#270668 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 29 March 2010 - 09:29 AM in Nerf Wars

This is really shaping up to be a nice turn out! I will most likely have one or two guests and some stuff to trade or sell

PS anyone just happen to have a spare PAS priming bar that could bring it to the war? PM me thanks

#269957 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 March 2010 - 05:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Bump

I am a definite and I could have up to 3 with me, or none at all.

Anyone bringing stuff to sell/trade? I am curious

#269415 Basic Sharpshooter Ii Mods/repairs

Posted by Phree Agent on 16 March 2010 - 11:07 PM in Modifications

Yeah, even if this is slightly more bulky than a standard Nightfinder, I like it better. What is better than 1 shot at 60ish feet? Two at 60ish feet.

As for the bottom/top barrel differences I think I read somewhere that it is indeed the barrels selectors fault in favoring the bottom barrel. I could be wrong, but I thought I had read that somewhere in the past.

#269271 Basic Sharpshooter Ii Mods/repairs

Posted by Phree Agent on 16 March 2010 - 12:04 AM in Modifications

Basic Reinforcement/Repair and Barrel/Spring replacement for a Sharpshooter II

Not many Sharpshooter II mods out there so I figured I would dig mine out of box of goodies and fix it up. It ended up being much better than I expected.

First is first: Open up the gun. No tricks here.

Posted Image

Basic Internals. Plunger tube is fairly large. (Trigger is missing in this picture, but it's not really important)

I then noticed in my blaster specifically (But I have heard of many other people with this problem as well) that the spring rest was cracked and even broken off in some places.

Posted Image

To combat this problem, I grabbed my sheet aluminum and tin snips. I cut a piece out for each spring rest. After dry fitting the pieces for size, mark where the plunger rod square hole needs to be cut.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Once everything is cut and fits nicely, epoxy the aluminum plates in.

Posted Image

Now that the spring rests are bulked up, we can now move on to a basic spring and barrel replacement.

Remove the plunger head and add whatever springs you wish. I have a random spring I found in my parts, and an Ace 49 in mine. I added a small PVC spacer to compensate for my replacement springs being slightly shorter than the stock one.

Posted Image

Next take out the plunger tube assembly. I use CPVC for my barrels. After a wrap or two of electrical tape the CPVC fits very snuggly into the stock barrels. I glued them in, and then glued the barrels to the green barrel selector part just for good measure.

Posted Image

Now lube and reassemble the blaster, and enjoy.

Posted Image

This blaster is much better than I thought it would be after just simple mods. The spring rests are still holding strong with no sign of cracking or breaking. Looking back I could have replaced the plunger head, but I didn’t have the time or the materials at the time.

Ranges with 3/0 sinker Stefans at chest level, indoor not counting dart skip: 58 (top), 62 (Bottom)
First write up, hope it went well.
Comments/Questions?

#269125 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 14 March 2010 - 12:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I am pretty sure any of those would work for me, but I can't be positive how many guests I will have with me for those dates.

#268857 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 11 March 2010 - 05:43 PM in Nerf Wars

So in theory this could still happen. Could somebody (from that area) please go check the field? Or anyone have a possible replacement location in mind that they know is clear?

#268333 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 07 March 2010 - 12:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My group of four wouldn't mind sub par conditions, but if it was absolutely awful I can understand a cancellation.

#268238 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 06 March 2010 - 11:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Anyone seen the field yet by chance? I really want this war to happen.

#267732 The 65-b 6 Barrel Buzz Bee Big Blast

Posted by Phree Agent on 02 March 2010 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Craftsmanship here is top notch. I appreciate mods that look good and function well. Congrats, not to mention this may be the first BBBB mod in a while that actually makes me want to buy one.

#266530 Pa Nerf/airsoft Arena Website Added

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 February 2010 - 11:40 PM in General Nerf

I am very excited about this as well. This would be well worth the drive for me for a pretty outstanding indoor location! Excellent find.

#266424 Tek 6 Re-barrel Problems

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 February 2010 - 01:33 AM in Modifications

This was the first turret I tried to re barrel and it turned out AWFUL. Airsoftguy is right in that the boiling does not work for these. I tried to do what you stated and just reattach the rotation mech separately after I re barreled the turret, but I got my spacing slightly off. Never worked the same again, but if you make proper cuts and measurements your idea should work in theory.

#265925 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 18 February 2010 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey Dizzy, any news on a picnic shelter?

By the way, Me +3 are for sure coming.

Nobody with a stock titan? Possibly even a full Hulk set? PM me.

#264919 M3 Take Two

Posted by Phree Agent on 10 February 2010 - 11:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Bump this up

Also, I can for sure be there. I may be bringing 1-3 with me as well.

On a side note, I am looking to buy a stock titan and it would be great if somebody at this war had one so that I didn't have get one shipped to me. So if anyone coming is selling one, I'll buy it. PM me if this is the case. Thanks

#264313 Ratchetblast Assistance?

Posted by Phree Agent on 04 February 2010 - 09:26 AM in Modifications

That blue gunk was all over my internals as well. If I had to guess I think it is just a mixture of the ancient stock lube and dirt in the blaster. I just washed it off and re-lubed, no harm done.

#262927 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by Phree Agent on 24 January 2010 - 11:11 AM in Modifications

That template is brilliant, thanks for putting that up. Color scheme, hmmm I like the black and tan.

#262734 Raider Issue

Posted by Phree Agent on 22 January 2010 - 05:59 PM in General Nerf

Does the priming bar get stuck forward, back, or somewhere in between?