Sacapuntas Cabesa's Content

There have been 107 items by Sacapuntas Cabesa (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#5889 Star Wars Galaxies

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 21 June 2003 - 08:21 PM in Off Topic

I was excited until I learned it was a Morrowwind-esque game. I thought I would enjoy these kind of games, but ElderScrolls proved me wrong. The combat was absolutely horrible. Might as well not have been there. I will avoid this game like the plague, and because you can't rent PC games, I will probably never play it. And $15/month is a bit much for me.

#5888 Counter Strike For X Box !

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 21 June 2003 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

I say we save our money for games that aren't crappy ports. But that's just what I think.

#5838 Questions

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 20 June 2003 - 01:10 PM in General Nerf

Saying "OW!" then "YOU DIDN'T HIT ME" doesn't work well.

#5690 Paintball

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 14 June 2003 - 09:08 PM in Off Topic

Doog, come put your brother in his place.

#5652 My Nerf Guns(now With Pics!)

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 12 June 2003 - 01:44 PM in Homemades

It's more of a bazooka. Direct fire weapon. We've fired bouncy balls out of it down the street. Insanity. Of course, my friend made a cannon that has two 3" PVC tanks, each near 2' long. He has an air compressor to fill it up, and a bunch of valves to fire one tank at a time, or both. It's just for show, of course, and for shooting golf balls farther than you can hit them.

As for the EAB, chain links are what we used to use back in the day for replacing crappy barrels. Just links of Chainblazer chain cut up. The "shells" fit into some PVC (can't remember what size), and butt up to an O-Ring of some sort to make a seal with the rest of the gun. It's not a very effective set up, but it's cool nonetheless.

#5539 My Nerf Guns(now With Pics!)

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 10 June 2003 - 03:07 PM in Homemades

You'd think that, but it's just right. Although I DO have long arms...

#5514 My Nerf Guns(now With Pics!)

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 10 June 2003 - 11:38 AM in Homemades

Ok, this is just a copy and paste of my post on NC. Hope you enjoy.

These are some of my guns. They are cool. I hope you think so, too.

Posted Image
This is a year old, but we keep improving it. It isn't very war effective, but you can shoot pretty much anything out of it.

Posted Image

This is our most heavily modded BBB. The whole front of the gun was cut off and using epoxy putty, we attached a coupler to allow "shells" to be attached and removed easily. The shells are just short PVC barrels. A longer barrel can be attached for long range firing. Above the barrel a maglite can be attached, and a removable stock that can hold the shells is in the back.

Posted Image

This is one of our 2 homemade rifles. It has an extremely nice breach that is much like the one shown on NH, except the foam is wrapped around the whole barrel length.

Posted Image

As you can see, it has a detachable under-barrel gun. It is usually filled with multiple darts for a close range shotgun effect.

Posted Image

This is an EAB shotgun. Instead of a barrel, we have a system that uses chain links as shotgun shells. This is the same system found on our SS2 shotgun that was posted a while ago.

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to get some pics of our other homemade. It uses a crutch as a frame, and works wonderfully.

Props to Sandman and Forum-125 for resizing and hosting these pics for me.

#5183 Homophobia

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 01 June 2003 - 12:00 AM in Site Feedback

Nothing else has made a dent. People reproduce like rabbits. I think there was about 4 billion people on the earth before WW2. Only a few million died during the war. People were still being born during that time. The Plague killed off 1/3 of the world's population. Since then, the population has only gone up.

#5162 Re:

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 31 May 2003 - 04:15 PM in Off Topic

What's all this crap?! The princess is in another castle my ass!

#5160 Homophobia

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 31 May 2003 - 04:13 PM in Site Feedback

The only thing in history that has actually lowered the world's population was the Black Death. I doubt a bunch of queers are gonna amount to that.

#5134 Homophobia

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 30 May 2003 - 10:27 PM in Site Feedback

You know its bad when you've got the webmaster's wife on your butt.

#5077 Homophobia

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 28 May 2003 - 08:52 PM in Site Feedback

The problem in homophobia lays here:

You can't expect girls to be lesbians if you hate gays.

#5076 'sup Homeslice?

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 28 May 2003 - 08:49 PM in Off Topic

Here's the topic.

Old Gang...

You are welcome. You might not have found it if your settings weren't on "show all topics".

#4972 Dumb Internet Explorer

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 24 May 2003 - 10:09 PM in Off Topic

I see that you figured it out. But for the record, you use Ctrl+mouse wheel. If you don't have a mouse wheel, I don't know what to tell you.

#4971 Homophobia

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 24 May 2003 - 10:06 PM in Site Feedback

I hate people that hate people.

Doog and C, you must understand that this site is mostly comprised of 12-15yr old boys. The homophobia shouldn't come as a surprise.

#4970 'sup Homeslice?

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 24 May 2003 - 09:52 PM in Off Topic

Nickis was my hero.

Doog, ya might want to head over to Nerfcenter. All the oldbies seemed to reunite there. Ya know, David, Lobby, Gothmog, etc.

#4949 The Grail

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 24 May 2003 - 12:40 AM in Homemades

Hudson Hawk! I remember you.

You should take a look at that PETG or whatever it's called that Cxwq found. Interesting stuff, it looks like.

I can't think of anything else, really. Just look around, I guess.

Glad to have ya back.

#4728 Favorite Video Game

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 18 May 2003 - 02:36 PM in Off Topic

Final Fantasy Tactics, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, and Megaman X.

Best

Games

Evar

#4682 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 16 May 2003 - 02:19 PM in Off Topic

The first movie had a lot of new things that no one had ever seen before. The bullet time, the rotating camera, etc. Reloaded didn't have anything I hadn't seen before, in the Matrix or other movies.

#4638 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 15 May 2003 - 02:50 PM in Off Topic

I saw it as well. Not as many guns this time, but more punching. I don't think it is any good by itself, like the first.

#4054 Crossbow Plunger Reinforcement

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 27 April 2003 - 04:16 PM in Modifications

I did that to mine. Worked like a charm. Then the tip broke off. I reattached it, then it broke in another place. It now sits in my basement in parts.

#3684 Weird Question

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 19 April 2003 - 10:58 PM in General Nerf

High temp for mods, Low temp for darts.

#3641 The Physics Of Nerf

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 18 April 2003 - 07:07 PM in General Nerf

Vectors were easier than most things I've done in physics. Visualizing objects moving is a lot easier than things dealing with charges and such.

#2912 CS Or DoD?

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 02 April 2003 - 10:01 PM in Off Topic

I prefer NS or FA.

#2654 Tips To Get A Good Clan.

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 25 March 2003 - 03:59 PM in General Nerf

Besides, who gives a damm what goes on online? cause I shure as hell know that I dont.

Because most clans are never going to see eachother.

#2653 First Mods For A Bbb

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 25 March 2003 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

Use a screwdriver or something to pry out the plug in the barrel. You will see what I mean. I cut ours down, just to save space. Those are the most basic mods you can do to it.

You can also do things like replacing the barrels(we use pvc and couplers) and internal rubberbanding. But you said first mods, so I won't get into those.

#2589 Tips To Get A Good Clan.

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 23 March 2003 - 03:18 PM in General Nerf

The fuck are you two talking about? The first post I've EVER seen famine make that seems completely straight forward and without blatant anger, bias, or self- glorification and you think he's bragging!?! Well fuck it. We are the best. Deal with it.

VACC

I wasn't talking about what Famine said. I meant clans in general. And besides your Four Horsemen, I don't think any of the clans carry any weight online. Of course, I don't hang out at NHQ, so I may be wrong on that one.

#2551 Tips To Get A Good Clan.

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 22 March 2003 - 06:06 PM in General Nerf

In other words: We're better than you are.

Yeah. That's what it comes off as, at least.

#2519 Tips To Get A Good Clan.

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 21 March 2003 - 03:36 PM in General Nerf

So...is this whole clan thing a bastardized form of the clans from FPS games? I never really understood the nerf clan thing. Clans never seem to meet each other for matches. I have a nerfing group of a couple diehards and a bunch of people I can call up if need be, but I never considered us a clan.

Maybe I'm just weird...

#2261 Best Browser?

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 16 March 2003 - 08:32 PM in Off Topic

IE, because I never do anything but check some sites and the occaisional search.

#2012 How To Mod A Mad Hornet

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 04 March 2003 - 08:53 PM in Modifications

Yeah, pretty much.....

#1993 Question About Plunger Gun Mods...

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 04 March 2003 - 04:43 PM in Modifications

Yes, but the speed of the air is still important in plunger guns. I don't know of any physics to prove this, but trial and error has shown that you should NOT drill out the hole between the barrel and the plunger tube. At least not very much. I killed a SSI this way, and had to do massive repairs on others.

#1991 How To Mod A Mad Hornet

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 04 March 2003 - 04:39 PM in Modifications

IT'S THE FRANKEN-HORNET!!

No, it's just a normal Mad Hornet with a PC bladder replacing the solid air tank. Bladders allow for constant pressure, so your shots don't get weaker as you fire more. This one is too flimsy to be war effective, but you could easily make this surpass the Blastfire. This prototype fires around 12 shots(2 loads of darts) on a full bladder, all around 50'. Here's what I did.

-Cut off the back part of the case to make room for new air tank(you might not want to cut off as much as I did)
-Cut off the white part of the air tank. LEAVE THE GREEN PART IT'S ATTACHED TO.
-Attach the outgoing tube from the bladder to the outgoing hole in the green part. This hole leads to the trigger system, and then to the barrel.
-Take out the MH pump, and cut down the green part to make room for the PC pump.
-Try to glue, tape, epoxy everything in place(this is the part my gun falls short on)

I'd be glad to answer specific questions that you run into while making this...monster, but I'm too lazy to try to write up a clear guide.
AIM = MalaysianShrew.

#1973 How To Mod A Mad Hornet

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 03 March 2003 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

You could always do......this....

#1938 Question About Plunger Gun Mods...

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 02 March 2003 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

I'm just pulling this equation out of my ass, and there are no coefficents, but just so you get the idea:

Strength of Plunger/Diameter of Hole = Speed of Air

A pinhole would create the fastest moving air, but only if the plunger was strong enough to force that huge volume of air in the plunger chamber through the tiny hole in the same amount of time. Also, the bigger the hole, the weaker your plunger can be. The Nerf people most likely figured out the best ratio for this.

#1821 New Homemades

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 26 February 2003 - 06:27 PM in Homemades

I'd just like to say that I was the first to make a hose handle homemade.

But that one looks a lot better than mine.

#1731 Nerf Guns

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 22 February 2003 - 10:29 PM in General Nerf

Didn't we have an ex-Nerf Designer on here at one time? Maybe it was NO, I don't remember.

#1606 Fps Games

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 19 February 2003 - 03:30 PM in Off Topic

Yes, it's a great game. My friend got it for the Xbox for Christmas, and we have had loads of fun hiding bodies in the dark and trying to split jump.

Oh yeah, remember to save your game A LOT.

#1561 Fps Games

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 18 February 2003 - 08:23 PM in Off Topic

Quake 2 rocks.

We used to have Q2 LAN parties every friday in my programming class last year.

#1488 Fps Games

Posted by Sacapuntas Cabesa on 17 February 2003 - 10:02 PM in Off Topic

Iceworld and it's kin are the only maps on CS worth playing. The rounds end quick enough so you never have to wait much, and people don't camp too much.

There is no strategy in any multiplayer game I have played. The only strategy is the strategy you make of it. Even in a game like Natural Selection, there's no strategy 9/10 of the time. Unless you are in a clan, or can easily communicate with each other, there's not a lot of strategy going on.

Strategy is for LAN parties.
Twitch is for sitting in your basement by yourself.