sublimedom777's Content

There have been 328 items by sublimedom777 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#241471 At2k Issue

Posted by sublimedom777 on 11 July 2009 - 04:26 PM in Modifications

My trusty AT2K has failed me. I tried searching, but either I failed or anything helpful has fallen into the depths.

The problem is this. The valve seal has come unseated from the firing pin and fallen into the tank. Is there any feasible way to fix this (other than cutting the tank open and praying to Cthulu that it goes back together w/out any leaks)?

If not I'd like to know so I don't waste time trying, since I think I might have a 3k tank or a MegaMissle that might fit with any luck. I only ask because I've finally gotten the 2k where I want it.

Thanks in advance,
-Dom

#241387 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 10 July 2009 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

Preliminary Name: VelociRapture

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name suggestions? Questions? Comments? Flames? PM me.

#240336 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by sublimedom777 on 05 July 2009 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

My AT2K in its current state (soon to be re barreled due to cracking crayolas)
Posted Image

#239512 Trimav

Posted by sublimedom777 on 30 June 2009 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

Thank you very much Split. I had thought about doing this about a year ago (except with 4 turrets, for symmetry) but never got the spark of inspiration. Now I must decide, do I drop clip my Mavs, or do I make the KingMav.

Would making new turrets from scratch be much harder than your heavily modded ones? I only ask because I'd like to own one of these, but also keep the others as loaners for wars.

-Dom

#237909 Gametypes For Very Small Nerf Wars

Posted by sublimedom777 on 21 June 2009 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Me and my friends have played Search and Retrieve games where one team has to retrieve an object while the other team tried to eliminate them.

We've as to also played President, where one person on a team has to get to a certain spot but that person can only use a pistol.

Finally we tried hostage, but I think you know what that is.

I really like the sound of those games.

On to being semi-useful.

My wars are also usually small affairs, played on a baseball field, all of us being newbies. We generally play last man standing with 5 HP. If your group likes, you can add extra lives, but our rounds are usually fast paced enough to permit one life without excessive boredom.

#237846 Expand A Blast On A Budget

Posted by sublimedom777 on 21 June 2009 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Two questions if I might Dizzy, seeing as I have an EaB just awaiting modding and some cosmetic TLC. (Her previous owner mustn't've been very nice to her.)

1) What was the final build cost?

2) Does this mod eliminate the expanding of yon EaB? I do quite enjoy the shock factor that pulling that lever provides.

#230961 Cosmetics

Posted by sublimedom777 on 17 May 2009 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

I follow along Trout's thinking.

I'm no pioneer, out there setting the world on fire, but I've put my time in. In the long run, modding is what matters, but to me, paint can seal the deal.

Any tosser could pull off the same mods, just as clean, but when I'm done with a mod I like and am proud of, I show it with a paint job to make it stand apart. Don't waste your paint on any old gun, it's gotta be more than just something slapped together because it furthers the art of modding.

#230130 Nerf Office Antics

Posted by sublimedom777 on 14 May 2009 - 09:47 AM in General Nerf

I have a Nerf range set up at the dry-cleaners I work at. I hang a box on a conveyor and send it to the back like a shooting range.

My friends and I once ambushed his little brother (who is approx. 16). There was about 10 minutes of continuous fire, we still haven't found all the darts.

I also have had occasions where suction darts have stuck to me. Once on my shaved head from my SS-AP1 and once in the arm while I was chasing my friend during a war.