NerfRogue83's Content

There have been 445 items by NerfRogue83 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#280102 A Quick Question

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 12 July 2010 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Previously posted write-ups are usefull

#280012 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 11 July 2010 - 10:55 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Removable stock......

Posted Image
Posted Image

#279413 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 03 July 2010 - 10:37 PM in Modifications

Oh Noooooo........

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#278771 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 27 June 2010 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Great job on the pics S.C---they look good. I have a few, nothing great---that I will try to upload soon.

#278657 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 26 June 2010 - 09:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Double post for reacap......

HOLY HELL I'M TIRED!!

Well, it was a brutal day of Nerfing---100 degree heat, direct sun all day, and no rain. I had a great time--despite my disappointment in the "regulars". My Georgia Homeboys and "The new guys(Fl) were awesome!

Highlights:

+ FlyingChicken and OldGuy FTW!
+ No rain
+ New Nerfers!-----and the rocked! Ducky, Carakki, Oddball, and Bear were Great, and performed very good for their first war. Thanks guys!
+ Overall good sportsmanship
+ Nerfing again (duh)
+ IronHide and the Tbow putt'n it down fo realz
+ Salvos under the Tbow making TONS of kills
+ 3 barrel taps in 1 round by the Tbow....its that intimadating?
+ Using Ratchet (Deploy)
+ Effeminate pistol round duels with F.C
+ Watching OldGuy tear it up with just a NF.......again :lol:
+ Medic rounds were very fun
+ Wildcard rounds were hilarious-----Got ya F.C!!!!
+ Gunslinger rounds were also cool
+ Food afterwards with OldGuy and FlyChicken.......ah, food.

Crap list:

- 100 dang degrees!
- Massively swollen foam........fail.
- No Nurkum...or Zax-----you guys were missed
- No pinz---though he posted as a Definate
- Soggy and Hawk showing up at 1:00.......for 3 rounds----really?
- a few brief instances of dueschbaggery
- Blaster malfunctions throughout the ranks
- Lost LOTS of stefans

All in all this was fun----and the new guys exceeded my expectations---they really hung tuff, and contributed to fun factor of this event. I look forward to Nerfing with these guys more. As always, it was a GREAT time Nerfing with FlyingChicken and OldGuy-----thank you guys so much again, it was great to be on the field with you guys again........and I will be making a trip to GA in the near future. Pics and vid----post em if ya got em!

Carakkis(NR) recap

Recap from the perspective of someone brand-new to the war scene:

Pros:
+ Meeting so many Nerfers with an interest in high-level modification; in my area, I'm the only one with a mod interest above AR removal.
+ Seeing so many new (to me) guns; we only became interested in Nerf recently, so we mostly see N-Strike and the BBB.
+ Awesome playing field. I know that five or six wars have been played there by now, but there's a pretty clear reason for that.
+ Having 11 people when everyone was there.
+ The weather. No rain, heat wasn't bad unless you were on the basketball court.
+ My mom coming through with snacks when our group was starving.
+ Having one camera (we were supposed to have two or three, but I failed to bring the memory stick).
+ Oddball won the clear Maverick in the raffle!
+ Finding nearly all of our darts afterward.
+ Learning a lot about Slugs and homemade darts in general. It turns out my darts don't suck as badly as I thought.
+ Bear got a free primary from Ultimate.
+ Flyingchicken being awesome and lending me his speedloader and later his BBB when I needed them.
+ Having my last-second dart-holding setup work unexpectedly well.
+ My eye protection did not skew my vision as previously expected.

Cons:
- Having to leave earlier than I would have liked; I wish I could've played until night.
- No pizza. I was hoping for a pooling of resources to get a couple of pies, and when two and then three o'clock rolled by with no food, my stomach was making its distress well-known.
- BOTH of my guns pooping out on me (my Nitefinder stopped catching and my BBB's coupler came off).
- Not being able to bring my Longshot. It'll be there for the next war.
- Being almost two hours late.

Gameplay highlights:
* Playing so many gametypes; I loved Gunslinger and Wingman.
* Got some nice shots on people.
* Taking out Rogue and then taking down the VIP with a running one-handed BBB shot during one of the VIP rounds.
* Swarming Semperfi with Oddball and Ducky during an FFA.
* Ultimate just standing there while Bear and I shot at him during a Wingman round.
* Getting to try out a Gladiator round; next time, I want to test Freeze Tag and Headhunter.
* Trying to barrel-tap Oddball during the Pistol round that my Nitefinder failed and accidentally throwing the gun at him when I tripped.

All in all, it was an Effeminate first war, and I will definitely be at every war I can get to from now on. I should be next seeing you gents at Ultimate's UNBO next month, or at a war nearer to us that we may host.

#278434 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 24 June 2010 - 10:24 AM in Nerf Wars

Rogue and Zax, a fall Augusta war would be great. We will definitely have to hammer something Effeminate out. Have fun, guys.

Yes-- we were thinking about the fall, maybe Aug/Sep.

On Topic for CFNF#4---There is a chance of rain clear through Sunday, but we plan to Nerf on regardless---in true FL fashion. Please make any needed preperations such as bringing spare dry clothes and shoes. The forecast specifically calls for "Scattered Thunder Storms", so I do not anticipate the rain being steady or lasting very long. Make your final prep gents, its nearly time!

#278335 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 22 June 2010 - 11:51 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm out. I'm moving :(

You will be missed sir. We shall face off again eventually. Oddly enough, Zax and I were discussing a fall Augusta war. Hmmm..........

On a lighter note, all out of state attendees may feel free to help themselfs to the free fuel floating right off shore........ :( BP

#278281 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 22 June 2010 - 02:39 PM in Modifications

Stage 1: Main blaster internals replaced.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Stock power system replaced with NF guts---draw extended of course. (A first, to my knowledge) Upgraded spring gets to full compression, and blaster now primes exactly like a NightFinder. cpvc couplered, poly-carb spring rest, and ready for the next stage......integration.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The SneakFinder Write-Up

#278259 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 22 June 2010 - 08:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Less than 1 week until go time boys. There of course is a chance of rain in the afternoon(duh...Fl summer) , but we will play on rain or shine.

Just a friendly reminder: PLEASE be locked and loaded, ready to start the first round AT 10:00 am. As always, you gents are welcome to suggest game types you would like to play. If anyone has an electronic "flag" or 2 please bring them for CTF.

Lastly, I will be bringing lots of parts and blasters to trade/sell like at past CFNF's. It would be cool if a few others did this as well--- like the "swap Meet" we had at CFNF#1. I hope to see all of you on the field, and if anyone needs help or directions feel free to PM me.----Rogue.

#278097 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 20 June 2010 - 11:04 AM in Modifications

When Louie and Rogue work together.......

Posted Image
Posted Image

Tbow internals and slide breech by Lou, integration by Rogue. Twin Salvo chambers, SMDTG trigger, bike pump, 8" nested PETG barrels. Redonkulous PJ coming soon. The first of several collaberative projects.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#277557 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 12 June 2010 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

RFSG Plunger Head replacement! Super Mo-Fuck'n seal!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Write-Up

#277356 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 10 June 2010 - 03:17 PM in Modifications

Ok, so several of you know I have been working on this----in my extremely limited spare time. I was going to wait until I was finished and post a write-up, but I got stalled due to LACK OF PETG!

So, here ya go----a look at my 20 shot RFSG......The "PeaceMaker". A turreted springer that hits 100' with 20 shots before reloading. Manual rotation, 12" PETG barrels, tons of shell tweaks, `and rear-loading.

......Because reloading SUCKS!...........

The PEACEMAKER!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#277266 Cfno 2

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 09 June 2010 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

A Fl war?!!

I think I can make the trip.

#277263 Nerf Sneakshot

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 09 June 2010 - 02:33 PM in General Nerf

This gun is closer to my era of Nerfing...

If you're buying this gun because it's in great condition and you want something gimmicky to show your friends, perhaps it is worth $25.

If you're looking for a gun to use in wars, put your money toward just about anything else.

NerfCenter review to the rescue...

http://nerfcenter.co...f/SneakShot.htm

"Don't even think about buying the Sneak Shot®."

I dont think I am the only one to think otherwise, check out FA's SneakShot write-up in the modification Directory. The blaster is certainly capable of respectable range when properly modded, and there is also room within the shell for a powerfull air gun integration. "Worth" is also a matter of opinion, to a degree. If you like the blaster, pay what YOU find it to be worth.

#276681 Cfnf #4......summer Fl Nerfing At It's Best!

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 02 June 2010 - 05:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, BUMP.....and attende update

Definates:

•Rogue
•Hawkshot
•Pinz
•Ultimate
•Semperfi
•Carakki
•Oddball
•Bear
•Ducky

Maybes:

FlyingChicken
The Old Guy
rork
Nerkum + ?

Any of you Northern Nerfers are welcome to join us for some great Foam Fling'n action, and beautifull weather.

#275391 Deploy Cs-6 Overhaul

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 20 May 2010 - 04:01 PM in Modifications

Removed

#275170 Vulcan Sentry Gun

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 18 May 2010 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

Good to see I made meh mark here....a Dildo-shaped mark! Sweet!

#275167 N-strike Alpha Trooper Cs-18

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 18 May 2010 - 01:25 PM in General Nerf

Yes, yes sir I did. A 35 shot stefan drum (finely crafted by Zorns) can indeed dominate on a properly built and reinforced LS----ask the FL guys.

I've spoken to zorn about this. He assures me that he applied no magical seals or enchantments to said drum-mag, and that longshots are still relatively useless at a real nerf war.

PM Zax or Groove--I think he might say differently.....but hey, I am just a Dildo.

Aplologies for off topic-ness.

#275161 Vulcan Sentry Gun

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 18 May 2010 - 01:02 PM in Modifications

Edit: I guess you can't say that one word that would have been easier to say that starts with a D and ends with an O

I'm surprised the filter doesn't straight substitute 'NerfRogue83'.

Ummm...sorry---I missed it. Explanation for the slow? (me apparently)

EDIT: I have been informed that I am a Dildo! YES!......I was wondering if I achieved that!

#275155 N-strike Alpha Trooper Cs-18

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 18 May 2010 - 12:37 PM in General Nerf

The 18 round drum may prove to be a bit less dominating than the 35 round counterpart we have now---which is a good thing in my opinion.

Tee hee, he said drum mags are dominating. You should also look out for light drizzle and damp grass; we don't want your sandles to get dominated!

Seriously though, nice work Viking. This thing will probably be an entertaining alternative to the raider in stock wars. MMMMmmmmmmm, relative exclusivity!

Yes, yes sir I did. A 35 shot stefan drum (finely crafted by Zorns) can indeed dominate on a properly built and reinforced LS----ask the FL guys. My sandles?---The are superbly capable sir, I assure you.

On Topic--There is another pic of this blaster out, showing the back of the box and confirming the obvious.....a reverse plunger propulsion system. No big shock, just thought I would say that.

#275151 N-strike Alpha Trooper Cs-18

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 18 May 2010 - 12:14 PM in General Nerf

Wow, that is a really cool move by Nerf--keeping the community up to speed directly.

As for the blaster---it looks interesting to say the least. The 18 round drum may prove to be a bit less dominating than the 35 round counterpart we have now---which is a good thing in my opinion.

#275047 The Reconbow

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 17 May 2010 - 02:24 PM in Modifications

Good work LT.

It good to see a new, original mod for the Recon.

#274986 Recon/raider/deploy/longstrike Plungertube Replacement

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 16 May 2010 - 08:37 PM in Modifications

Great work Lou, just as I described to ya! This will allow me to safely test my new spring choice for Ratchet. Well done buddy.

#274756 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 14 May 2010 - 12:46 AM in Modifications

Ok, so I am FINALLY done with the themed PJ on my Deploy. I have been a HUGE transformers(G1) fan since I was a kid, and have made a few TF themed LS's recently. For the Deploy I chose AutoBot Ratchet. I hope you all enjoy. If you have TONS of free time and patience--paint your Deploy. If not, forget it!

The target----

Posted Image

The end result---

Posted Image
Posted Image

R.I.P equipped---

Posted Image
Posted Image

Transform!----
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#274668 Deploy At2k Integration**modular Baby!**

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 13 May 2010 - 08:13 AM in Modifications

Is the Deploy uncomfortable to hold with both your R.I.P system, and a drum-mag? I'm considering on doing something similar, but not so removable and with a Big Salvo tank.. and it would suck if I couldn't use my 2 drum-mags with it.

Also a slightly off topic question: how much range do you think your brass breech added to your blaster?

Oh and I've forgotten to congratulate you on being pretty much the only person to be doing very awesome Deploy mods (and having good write-ups), well done.

1. Thank you. I love the Deploy, it is pure fun wrapped in plastic.

2. The brass breech adds a decent amount of range--seeing as how it is airtight. It also allows the use of stefans.

3. The blaster is still very comfortable for me with the R.I.P equipped---I would not have bothered to make+ equip it if it was not. Any questions you have about modding the Deploy, you can feel free to PM me.

4. I am sure the other extremely talented modders here will soon post great new mods for the Deploy. I do still have a few more things to add to mine, which will be posted soon.

EDIT----FINISHED PICS!

Ok, so I am FINALLY done with the themed PJ on my Deploy. I have been a HUGE transformers(G1) fan since I was a kid, and have made a few TF themed LS's recently. For the Deploy I chose AutoBot Ratchet. I hope you all enjoy. If you have TONS of free time and patience--paint your Deploy. If not, forget it!

The target----

Posted Image

The end result---

Posted Image
Posted Image

R.I.P equipped---

Posted Image
Posted Image

Transform!----
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#274584 Wincno

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 12 May 2010 - 06:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Due to a sudden money-draining event, I am unhappy to say my WINCO roadtrip will not get to happen. I am sorry rork, I WILL be at the next one....fuck this economy! Have fun all, and I will see you guys this summer for sure.--Rogue.

#274564 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 11 May 2010 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

This was a good one BadWrench, I would love to be in one someday. Thanks for making another!

#274560 Deploy At2k Integration**modular Baby!**

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 11 May 2010 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

I normally love your mods, Rogue, but I don't know. This one just isn't getting my normal liking.

It just feels out of place with the gun. If you painted that, I'd love it. But right now, it just sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't appeal to me on a gun gravitated very much towards its cosmetics.

Paint it and you've got my approval. Kudos for making a badass integratable powerhouse, though.

The paint is drying now......but thanks.

Can't wait to see it.

Hope this is a tad easier on your eyes.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The scheme is that of my other Deploy that I am trying to finish painting now, so it should look pretty awesome when they are together. Also, I fixed the locknuts to the inside of the ammo well---meaning, I can now add or remove the R.I.P without even opening up the shell. All I do now is remove the two screws instead of having to open the blaster up to get a wrench on the locknuts. Even easier!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#274554 Deploy At2k Integration**modular Baby!**

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 11 May 2010 - 06:42 PM in Modifications

I normally love your mods, Rogue, but I don't know. This one just isn't getting my normal liking.

It just feels out of place with the gun. If you painted that, I'd love it. But right now, it just sticks out like a sore thumb and doesn't appeal to me on a gun gravitated very much towards its cosmetics.

Paint it and you've got my approval. Kudos for making a badass integratable powerhouse, though.

The paint is drying now......but thanks.

#274528 Help With Creating A Nerf Warzone

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 11 May 2010 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

You need cover for hiding, and lost darts, If they are the customers stefans, keep them, if they are yours keep them. Do you own the property?

nope. we don't own the property, but its public, so we're fine there. We have plenty of natural cover (densely forested with paths through and some flat areas, plus a beach with plenty of large plants on it.) thanks for making the decision about the darts for me, cuz we (me & my friends) are split 50/50 over charging admission so we can supply darts or just telling people to bring their own.

Are you going to make this permanent??? ask your local athourities if you can use that spot you have in mind.

Noone else is gonna use it. its by the river and it probably won't be permanent. We're gonna clear out a bunch of foliage and such and set up some simple forts, it'll only be operational during summer cause we need to be able to have most of the peepz who helped make it there during wars and such. also, its Halifax. We have no authorities that you speak of

This is true...I spent 13 years growing up in Halifax PA. In any case, I suggest light cover like large cardboard boxes or inflatables if you have that kind of money.

#274524 Deploy At2k Integration**modular Baby!**

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 11 May 2010 - 01:32 PM in Modifications

Best modular attachment I've seen. I would make mounting platforms for this on my longshot, longstrike, and deploy.
With this you can have 1 integration for all your blasters, and switch it by changing some screws. Two thumbs up Rogue!

Thanks Lou--that was the goal. These are super easy to make, and super easy to fit on almost any blaster....kinda just makes sense.

#274518 Deploy At2k Integration**modular Baby!**

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 11 May 2010 - 08:09 AM in Modifications

Are you kidding me Hawk? Getting shot is the best part of it! Cause its then that you know that the gun is good.

Yeah.....for any who doubt the Deploys capability in outdoor wars.......poor Pinz here was proof of its effectiveness.

Posted Image
Posted Image

I cant wait to test the R.I.P at the next war! Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

#274498 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 10 May 2010 - 11:13 PM in Modifications

Deploy R.I.P equipped.......

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#274479 Deploy At2k Integration**modular Baby!**

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 10 May 2010 - 09:45 PM in Modifications

Removed

#274410 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 09 May 2010 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

Another Brass breeched Deploy finished......

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yes, it still transforms just as well as stock.

#274408 Deploy Mod Help Needed!

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 09 May 2010 - 07:34 PM in Modifications

In leu of a RFSG spring, you could add a 1/2" section of 3/4" Thinwall pvc on the outside of the plungertube to act as a preload spacer. This will give you a slight increase in power, though not as much as the RFSG would. In any event--I highly suggest my PlungerTube reinforcement method---as the increased power means an increased chance of blowing the PT apart. This happened with my first heavily modded Deploy after less than 30 shots with the RFSG spring replacement. After I did the reinforcement, I took the second Deploy I made to CFNF #3---where I used it all day with no issues.

#274405 Deploy Mod Help Needed!

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 09 May 2010 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

I can't help you with that though, nobody has posted a write up yet. Though, feel free to make your own.

Uh, someone Has

#274228 Where Are Nerf Guns Going?

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 07 May 2010 - 06:45 AM in General Nerf

I completely agree with Dizzy.

At the past few FL wars, the "stock" rounds were some of the most fun. I love my LS's and RFSG, but I think I had the most fun at CFNF #3 when I put down my LS mid-war in favor of my Deploy.

#274147 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 05 May 2010 - 10:37 PM in Modifications

Deploy Sneak peaks.......

Before-----

Posted Image

With lame 3D logos....

Posted Image

After-----

Posted Image

Bye Bye logos......

Posted Image

EDIT---More progress----starting to take shape?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Deploy CS-6.......Na, that had to go!------Deploy + Roll Out!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#274121 The Overkill: This Is What Happens When A Titan And A Longshot Have Ch

Posted by NerfRogue83 on 05 May 2010 - 08:16 PM in Modifications

Outstanding. Please, please teach me how to construct such a beautifull LongShot!--Please?