CoasterDynamix757's Content

There have been 155 items by CoasterDynamix757 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#243116 Pistol Splat Holster

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 21 July 2009 - 11:10 PM in General Nerf

I use a UTG holster identical to Groove's. My pistolsplat with the front cut off was a very snug fit. The buckle barely gets around it. After unhooking the buckle and preparing to draw, it get's snagged on the buckle occasionally. I would suggest making a holster for it instead.

Could you spare a picture or two? I saw a few with some hefty price the but I wanst sure which one was the correct one. So please try to help me out I don't want to waste my money.

RED HEAD- Thanks but I don't feel comfrtable with a home made one, I want a professionally made one. Thanks for your time.

#243080 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 21 July 2009 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

Heh.^

Work in progress commission work.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Maxshot

Posted Image

#243049 Pistol Splat Holster

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 21 July 2009 - 07:07 PM in General Nerf

I made a thread almost exactly like this a little while back. I think the consensus ended up being to get the holster Groove uses for his NF. I'm a cheap son of a bitch so I made one out of ducktape. There's a thread about it in my sig.

Thanks but I prefer a professionally made one.

What kind of holster does groove own?

#243007 Stormfire Optimzation

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 21 July 2009 - 03:57 PM in Modifications

Beautiful.

Nuff' said.

#242993 Pistol Splat Holster

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 21 July 2009 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

After realizing my love for Pistol Splats and gaining a new one I am in search of the correct holster. I am looking for a leg holster and something for a right handed person. The pistol splat will be minimized(trigger guard removed and the barrel will be chopped off) I did try to search for a topic that would tell me which holster I should use but I have come up empty handed. I wouldn't like a leather holster though(save the cows).

Any suggestions?

#242824 Dt Furyfire: A Peak Inside

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 20 July 2009 - 02:38 AM in General Nerf

Damn Bob you don't waist no time. Here is my prototype.
Posted Image

That's exactly what I was thinking.

AT2K or 3k tank.

2K pump?

#242662 Dart Tag Ctf Stormfire Blaster

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 19 July 2009 - 11:02 AM in General Nerf

Does the NF plunger rod increase preformance or range any?

300th post!!!

#242489 Automatic Foam Measurer

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 17 July 2009 - 08:40 PM in Homemades

Wow that's impressive. Good for a lot of darts, but not so good if your really a perfectionist like myself.

Mind making a video?

#242359 Old Supermaxx Add

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 17 July 2009 - 01:59 AM in General Nerf

OoOo

I had no idea they made SuperMAXX commercials, especially for those beauties. Too bad they cut off the SuperMAXX 2000:(

#242311 Breeched Supermaxx 500.

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 16 July 2009 - 06:57 PM in Modifications

Looks clean, and powerful. Looks too top heavy though.

How? It's not that much brass? Explain.

#242282 Breeched Supermaxx 500.

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 16 July 2009 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

It's manual.

#242255 Dt Furyfire: A Peak Inside

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 16 July 2009 - 03:33 PM in General Nerf

They're already in stores.

Which stores specificly?

Nice find. It is quite unfortunate that it is a bigger maverick:(

Prices?

Did it come with two blasters?

#242252 Breeched Supermaxx 500.

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 16 July 2009 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

Okay guys back on topic. I made up a new thread looking for a new SM500 elsewhere with my trade up too(link in first post), so can I get some feedback?

#242214 Breeched Supermaxx 500.

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 16 July 2009 - 12:24 PM in Modifications

No thanks. Im looking for the whole blaster, and I'm trying to work something out with badger.

#242198 Breeched Supermaxx 500.

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 16 July 2009 - 10:52 AM in Modifications

I know that but I guess that shows how desperate I am to get a new SM500.

Thanks white moonlight, me too.

#242171 Breeched Supermaxx 500.

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 16 July 2009 - 03:52 AM in Modifications

I'm done with the mod guys. I would like to hear some feedback or something. So please, post away!

#242150 Breeched Supermaxx 500.

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 15 July 2009 - 11:42 PM in Modifications

First off I would like to give out credit where credit is due:
Angel: He created the Demond breech.
OMC: He gave me my SM500.
Larami: Becasue they created my blaster.

This is the story for a "Demond" breeched SuperMAXX 500. The reason it's a story is because there is more to this then just a write up.The superMAXX 500 was my very fist SuperMAXX gun, and that is why she and I have such a strong bond between each other (and the fact that I got it from OMC). She has been my choice of blaster that got me through many local wars, and has been with me since the beggining. Orignally I had just slapped a barrel on and never thought about it, but just today I felt I neded something faster, something cooler, and hell something with brass! But that's where the story ends, the story isn't finished... or is it?

Now that the silly ol' sob story is over with onto the mod:

First start by sawing off the original barrel as close to the orange ring as possible.Then sand down for looks.

Posted Image

Then grab your piper cutters and your PVC and cut a 1 inch piece off.

Posted Image

Next take you 15/32nds brass and mark it at 1 1/2 inches, then hack it at the mark. Hacksawing brass is harder. but keeps its demensions the same, where as piper cutters distort it.Please remember when hacksawing you will get messy cuts, but that is easily solved by some fine grit sand paper and a sharp knife.

Posted Image

Wrap it in some E-tape at the base intil it fits inside your PVC. Then goop it up and shove it in there!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now if you have done your match correctly, the 15/32nds brass stocks out of the PVC .5 inches. Also fill any extra space in the PVC with hot glue to ensure it's air tight.

Take your newly made assembly and test fit it all the way into the back of the barrel. Cut your self a 3.5 inch lenght of PVC and put it into the barrel ontop of the 15/32nds PVC assembly in the back and get ready to cut out your dart slot. Take your dart and press it as close to the orange rings as possible and mark out your dart slot then cut.

Posted Image

Then get your 19/32nds brass and cut it to the same lenght as the piece of PVC you just cut. Now mark that piece to fit your maximum sized darts then cut it out too.

Posted Image

Place the 19/32nds brass back into the piece of PVC and test it to see it it's flush with the walls and can fit your darts, if not sand/ cut until it does.

Posted Image

Now cut 1/4th of an inch of 9/16th's brass.
Then 1/4th of 17/32nd's brass.
And 1/2 and inch of 1/2 inch brass and then put them all together to get this assembly:

Posted Image

After that is made up lather on some glue(I used JB Weld) on the outer piece of 9/16th's brass and glue it into the proper end of the breech assembly. Creating this:

Posted Image

Now your almost done, the rest of the mod is pretty self expanitory, but I'll trype it up anyway.

Final assembly:

Set the breech part aside and grab the 15/32nd's stub/PVC assembly. All you need to do is wrap it up in E-tape, then lather on some plumbers goop and shove it all the way down to the bottom of the original barrel. Also make sure to add some goop to the bottom of the PVC too to help it stick, remove some dead space, as well as seal it in. Make sure it doesn't glue the firing pin or anything like that.

Posted Image

Once done it will give you this when looking down into the barrel:

Posted Image

Nothing different from the first pic like this one. Now take the proper end of your breech assembly and wrap it up in E-tape and add some goop and place it into the barrel aswell, making sure the 1/2 inch stub of 15/32nds brass goes into the 1/2 inch brass in the back of the breech creating an air tight seal! Now just add a 9/16th's brass barrel and the modification is done.

But this is not where the story ends. After finishing this project I pondered about what ranges it would get, so I pumped the blaster up and gave it a dry test fire to see if everyting was in working order and as I pulled the trigger a strange noise bellowed from the innards of the blaster. Then I hurridly tryed to shoot a dart, but nothing would happen, no air, no pop, no nothing. Upon further inspection I found that the firing pin broke INSIDE THE TANK! Then She took a turn for the worst. Her ceck valve broke! Now she is just a shell of her former self, broken beyond repair. She has served me well for as long as I have taken custody of her. She will be cremated, to come back once again, stronger then her former self, with the experiance, courage and strength she didn't posses prior to her tragic death. She will be loved and remembered as long as she is remembered in all of our hearts. RIP:(

CLICK ME!!

Ranges, finished product, and a paintjob will follow once I recieve a new Supermaxx500

Questions, Comments, Flames?

#242011 Silencing A Crossfire

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 15 July 2009 - 01:34 AM in Modifications

Add some FBR at the end of the plunger head. It will remove dead space, improve preformance, and shut it up. Oh and make sure you lube it.

#241799 Need A Suggestion For A Gun

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 13 July 2009 - 09:11 PM in General Nerf

Airg un: AT2K or Big Blast

Spring gun: Pistol Splat or Maxshot

All of those meet your requirements.

#241209 Defender T3 Modification

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 09 July 2009 - 11:34 PM in Modifications

Nice mod, but one question. Why did you butcher a tee coupler, when you could have used a regular 1/2 inch PVC coupler?

#241112 Crossbows

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 09 July 2009 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

I have a crossbow I can part with for 500$ and groove's soul...

#240961 N-strike Clipped Pas

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 09 July 2009 - 02:08 AM in Modifications

If your getting low ranges, do what most noobs do... shoot it angled and people will worship you by the 195' ranges your achiving. Except noobs don't get worshipped...

On Topic: I have to agree with slug 4" of dead space is too much, which could and probably is the problem. It also
seems that your plunger tube is messed up especially if it's acting like a crossbow and maintaining a good seal at the front of the plunger tube and terrible seal at the rear. May I suggest replacing the plunger head with a neoprene rubber washer? That's about all I can contribute at the moment.

#240698 The Official Sticker/logo Thread

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 07 July 2009 - 06:25 PM in Modifications

Somebody please clean up mine!

#240525 The Official Sticker/logo Thread

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 06 July 2009 - 07:39 PM in Modifications

Original

Posted Image

Current

Posted Image

I tryed to rip it off my SM1000, but it being almost 16 years old it tore, so I took a picture of it and tryed to edit all the useless crap out. I think I did good for my first time. Someone please do a better job. SM500 sticker soon to come. If your wondering I used GIMP to edit the pic.

#240475 Rf20 Ar Help

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 06 July 2009 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

I would suggest keeping them in. Just chop off the dart posts with some heavy duty scissors.

#240457 Big Bad Bow Mod

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 06 July 2009 - 04:24 PM in Modifications

I guess the sanding was to remove the four ridges used to keep the air restrictor in.

#240360 Air Zone Scorpion Bow Optimization

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 06 July 2009 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

HOLY SHIT!

I know people say this a lot, but dizzy you have some of the most original mods I have seen in a while, with the art of painting blasters like a god. Great job!

Ps: I like the way you don't have to type out your write-ups, you just write them.

#240354 N-strike Clipped Pas

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 05 July 2009 - 10:48 PM in Modifications

Will you be selling the triggers?
I'm sure that would help a lot of people out.

#240103 Stormfire Internal Pictures

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 04 July 2009 - 11:09 AM in Modifications

Yay!
Finally nerf listens and doesn't use a reverse plunger!
Does it prime like a lnl?
Looks like the bar could be replaced with a keyring.
Effeminate win nerf!!!

#239969 N-strike Clipped Pas

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 03 July 2009 - 01:37 PM in Modifications

Good Job, good luck in the contest.
Nice use of brass on the reinforcements.

#239250 Biodegradable Darts

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 29 June 2009 - 03:42 PM in Homemades

"Green Foam?"

Im not sure about this find, but it says it's green which, if you have good eyes it's not green, but I think it's biodegrateable? Anymore info on this foam?

#238624 Jacko Dead?

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 25 June 2009 - 07:32 PM in Off Topic

Ehh I was a fan when he was a heterosexual, but once he started liking small boys instead of music... I moved on. No offense to any MJ fans, just my opinion.

#238352 Raider Preview

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 24 June 2009 - 10:08 AM in General Nerf

The stock on your raider looks crooked.

#237982 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 22 June 2009 - 11:13 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

SM1.5k from Angel himself! Regular modifications 9" long petg barrels, glued trigger, plugged pump PVC shealth, AR removal.

Posted Image

Pistol splat. Paintpall editon half of a cpvc coupler, minimization, redone plunger, locks and all other useless parts removed. BEST SIDE ARM EVER!!!!1!!!!!!11111! Gets ranges for around 85-95 feet flat and can pierce cardboard.

Posted Image

Half done longshot shell.

#237977 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 22 June 2009 - 11:02 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: N/A
Mods Done: Full level 4 reinforcement, 17/32 brass barrel Redone plunger rod, Redone plunger head, etc.
Integrations: AT2K at first, but I didn't like it so it was removed.
Comments: Bought it from diamondback a while ago for more than what I have seen NIB crossbows go for. Just so recently sold it to lonewulf92 on youtube and I have to repaint it with red before he recieves it. Tryed to give it a DT-like look. I think it came out nicely, and sold for 180$

#231951 Nerf Crossbow Help

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 22 May 2009 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

Thanks split.

Also the plunger head is a bbb's plunger head not a DT3's. Does anyone happen to have a solid crossbow plunger rod? I got one with the crossbow, but it seems to be broken beyond repair, and yes i do know how to repair one.

#231942 Nerf Crossbow Help

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 22 May 2009 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

I really haven't gotten anything signifigant(sp) from this. Any other help?

#231936 New Nerf Guns Of 2009/2010

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 22 May 2009 - 07:16 PM in General Nerf

ps. i think that uin13 and slug are the best nerfers to ever live.

Posted Image

Couldnt resist.

#231929 Nerf Crossbow Help

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 22 May 2009 - 06:23 PM in Modifications

This was my x-bow, and I must say that the seal is perfect. Not too tight or too loose (please don't sig). Your problem may be the power being put into it or dart-barrel combo. Beef up the spring or slap on some bungees and see what happens. I re-enforced it all pretty well, so it should hold up.

What you didn't do is reinforce it with aluminium and nails, which I did. Hot wheels beat that!

#231923 Nerf Crossbow Help

Posted by CoasterDynamix757 on 22 May 2009 - 06:20 PM in Modifications

What about the plunger seal? it looks like the stock seal so that would make me believe with a new plunger tube it's not getting the best seal it can get.

1337: Hell no perfect fit not too loose, not to tight, just right!

That will answer you question.