Glint's Content

There have been 251 items by Glint (Search limited from 29-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#205388 Categorizing Mods And Homemades.

Posted by Glint on 22 January 2009 - 04:15 PM in General Nerf

Just throwing my two cents in here... but for me a Mod is when you base the work off of the Nerf brand parts and do/add stuff to them to make it more powerful, while a Homemade is [sometimes] adding Nerf brand parts onto a base of completely different.

#205185 Gun Pictures

Posted by Glint on 21 January 2009 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

Why don't you actually post it in the HQ? That'd probably be more helpful to you...

Anyways I remebered clicking a link of the Death by Foam comics and went and scrounged it up. It might not be any of the guns you want, but here's a few:

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=2383

#204828 Brassed Recon/ External Bolt Action Pg 2

Posted by Glint on 19 January 2009 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

Well now he could just ramrod it down farther into the barrel, so unless he's just popping that dart in the end that shouldn't be the problem.

Pretty cool, but it needs a PJ. The combination of exterior copper and the paint job is an eyesore.

#204463 Mm2k

Posted by Glint on 18 January 2009 - 03:58 PM in Modifications

So you basically minimized the Mega Missile into a 2k shell?

A bit pointless in my opinion, you could have done a lot more with the 2k shell. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

The barrel looks extremely crooked though...

#204119 I Have A Recon Dream...

Posted by Glint on 17 January 2009 - 01:28 PM in Modifications

Well then; good luck.

Notify us when you realse that either...
A ) We were all right and what you're attempting is practically impossible or
B ) completely confound everything people told you and create something that can rival a Longshot (like you want it to)

My bet's on A...

Prove me wrong.

amazing paint job with tiger stripes turned camo design,

By the way, I'll bet your

amazing paint job with tiger stripes turned camo design,

will add on another 20 feet no matter what, won't it?
Yeah, thought so.

#204091 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Glint on 17 January 2009 - 11:37 AM in Modifications

Ah, okay. At least you have a reason for keeping the stock like that. Knowing you, it'll turn out looking great.

And I knew the barrels were just me :D

#204067 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by Glint on 17 January 2009 - 09:01 AM in Modifications

Wow, looks awesome. I love how you made it so it can still be opened uo, even with the wooden foregrip and stock. I have a couple questions though...

In the first picture it looks to me like your top barrel or two are angled downwards. Maybe it's just the relfection of light of the PETG, or just the camera angle... or maybe I'm just retarded...?

Also, are you planning to cut off/sand down the bit of wood that sticks out of the top on the end of the stock? Because if you sanded/cut it down to be the same level as the back of the gun itself it'd look much better.

All-in-all looks really great. Good job.

#203623 I Have A Recon Dream...

Posted by Glint on 15 January 2009 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Well stretching springs in general is really bad for the spring. I'd expect even moreso for the Recon, because the rping is held in place just by the end of the shell (the spot where the black cap pops on) and is extremely annoying to get back in because it always continuously pops out. If the spring was any bigger (stretched) then it'd be even more improbable for the spring to actually stay in the gun as you put the shells back together and screw the black cap on.

#203618 I Have A Recon Dream...

Posted by Glint on 15 January 2009 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

...put hot glue around the plunger tube to compress stock spring more, tighten the stock barrel...

I just used pure E-Tape wrapped around to compress the spring more. I know this helps the range, but I don't know if it's the cause of my accuracy failing sometime (the spring doesnt really turn/twist around the tube anymore, the stickiness of the sides of the E-Tape hold it in place). Sometime when I shoot the dart veers left or right very sharply. It doesn't happen often, but occasionally.

I'm of the opinion that the Recon could never be as good as the Longshot. My Longshot was better with an AR-Removal that my Recon was with various other mods. Also, the simple fact that the Longshot's internals are more in-depth (compicated, if you would) and seemily more thought-through and all around just plain better says to me that it should be better (and is, currently).

But I guess people could argue that when the Longshot was first released, people couldn't mod it well because we didn't know it's capabilites or anything. Maybe the Recon is just waiting to explode with potential.

Of course, it could just be the crappy gun we all know it to be.

#203114 Help For A Newbie Nerfer

Posted by Glint on 13 January 2009 - 05:42 PM in General Nerf

...don't try to mod complicated guns. i.e... Recon...

Uhm... personally I find the Recon is extrmely simple to Mod. The insides are easy to put back together and not complicated at all. But that's just my opinion.

Anyways, again; find a gun that you love and work with so it's absolutely 100% yours. I personally haven't found my style of play yet, and need to keep searching.

As for modding, work with what you have and get good with it before moving on. You'll have mistakes, and a couple of guns will probably be ripped apart and put into your ever-growing "Extra-Parts Container"; thats just inevitable.

Good luck surviving.

#203099 12 Darts Nerf Maverick

Posted by Glint on 13 January 2009 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

Well while we're at it, why don't we just put 5 turrets into a pentagon shape. Or better yet, 6 turrets into a hexagon shape! We could even go as far as to put 8 turrets into an octagon shape! 48 fucking shots on a Maverick.

Why? Because we fucking can.

Actually, we probably couldn't. It wouldn't work at all. I'd be suprised even if 4 would work.

Anyways, this looks really cool. I want to see how it's done, and then do it to my Mav.
"Do a barrel roll!"