Hipponater's Content

There have been 211 items by Hipponater (Search limited from 04-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#214448 A Few Shots Of My Order For The Release Of The Ps3 Game Operation Flas

Posted by Hipponater on 23 February 2009 - 03:15 PM in General Nerf

That is CRAZY! I wold love to have a couple hundred of these and have a huge party. Did you do internal mods like remove AR's or is it purely cosmetic?

They recently commissioned us to build 105 modified & painted Nerf EX pistols.

thats pretty cool but why does the company need that many guns?

...but they arrived in time for the press release the next day. The plan was to hand these out in File folders to all of the members of the press. Each folder contained a gun some paperwork on the game, and 5 darts. At the end of the meeting they opened the folders and had an all out foam free for all!

Ok, seriously, read.

Looks nice, what did you do on the bottom? And the sides? The little L kinda part (to clip or tie it to something) is cut off, then you replaced it, what did you use there? Also, the part that pulls back on the gun is different too, looks good. That's definitely some nice work, even if you were pretty rushed.

#214430 Homemade Blast Button

Posted by Hipponater on 23 February 2009 - 02:00 PM in Homemades

Nice! I really like it. Simple, cheap, and still effective. I might go for 3/4 to make a marvelous salvo without the SMDTG trigger. Then i can fire them separately and not have to get the SMDTG trigger... Definitely a nice idea. I can't wait for the second version.

Ok, Since I'm a semi-newb to air gun mechanics, How does a back pressure valve work? a pretty paint picture work.

Posted Image

Basic Idea. Sorry it's crappy, taking a break from my lab report, so i had to rush.

Top one is the outside view.
Opening the valve (pressing the brass stud in this case) reduced the pressure in the small chamber, so then the air pushes the piston back, opening up the barrel, so the air rushes out.

#213757 Clusterfuck Of A Longshot

Posted by Hipponater on 20 February 2009 - 06:04 PM in Modifications

I have a question. My second tank, when fired, hisses from the trigger and then there's a quiet pop and a tiny bit is released from the tank. Is this a problem with the trigger or the tank? Please say the tank.

I can't quite tell how the tubes are attached, but if they're able to be removed from the SMDTG trigger, you could switch the second tank for one of the other two and see how it works, but if the tubing is gooped/whatever, it would be difficult.
If its leaking from the trigger, it sounds like more of a trigger issue. Is it leaking from the connector by chance though?

It looks pretty good, you could always just use shorter pvc guides to clean up the gun, though it would look like less barrels. How stable is the pump on the side? Pumps glued onto things always worry me, but i guess i'm not as gentle as i should be. Awesome mod.

I need to get a SMDTG trigger...

#213588 I Want Info On The Roto-rocket

Posted by Hipponater on 19 February 2009 - 08:51 PM in General Nerf

Is this the right one?
http://www.target.co...t/dp/B000MSY826

It's on clearance for $5.24, definitely seems worth getting, even just for fun.

Edit: With shipping it comes to $12.29, not bad. Would anyone recommend this? I need to start thinking about it more before I rush into buying it... Woot has me thrown off about impulse buying.

#213058 Bbb Spring Replacement/addition

Posted by Hipponater on 17 February 2009 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

Is that like half of another? Or is it more like a third?

I think it's a little bit more than a half. It shouldn't be very hard to find the length. Just cut 1/3 of the spring off, then work down from the 2/3 if you really want to be careful.

Do you use the 49 with the stock spring, or replace it? (I've never seen either spring, so I don't know if they'll fit together or whatnot).

Also, I read that a Home Depot Handyman #9713 spring would work (on one of the BBB write-ups) however, my local home depot didn't carry them. (And the employee had no idea what it was).

#211451 N-strike Raider Rapid Fire Cs-35 Press Release

Posted by Hipponater on 11 February 2009 - 05:00 PM in General Nerf

Oh my god this is going to be awesome! I can't wait at all!

Maybe when it comes out, someone could find a way to make the drum hold more than 35 inside.

35 isn't enough?

Sounds pretty awesome... 2009 definitely seems promising. Hopefully it comes out early summer, rather than fall, but either way, I have some high hopes.

#210396 The Sfd Clip

Posted by Hipponater on 08 February 2009 - 03:52 AM in Darts and Barrels

Looks great. So, do the darts come out the top or the slot?

You load them through the slot, then the orange knex pushes the darts down, out the bottom (or top) of the clip.

Definitely nice, I like the idea. I might have to try that if i'm unsatisfied with an rscb.

#209394 Persuasive War Nerf

Posted by Hipponater on 04 February 2009 - 01:36 AM in General Nerf

Yes groove punching your mother solves all problems......Maybe George Bush should have done that during katrina?

OH! You're so witty you should run for president!

Talk to your mom, explain the situation. It was a stupid thing for your friend (to be honest, he doesn't sound like a friend, more of a jerk) to do. Tell her you'll be much further away, and you won't hurt anyone, and you won't get hurt because you'll be wearing protection (goggles, maybe mention a sweatshirt, but forget it the day of the war). Just explain to her that it's safe and in the name of fun.

#203745 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Hipponater on 15 January 2009 - 11:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

Has anyone tried the FBR from Contractors Tool Supply? (http://www.contracto...eet-p-4208.html)

Its $6 for 100', but before buying some (they have a low order fee or orders under $25) I wanted to know if anyone has tried it, and if so, hows the fit? (PETG, CPVC mainly)

Thanks

Can you get a working link? I can't get to it. Typically, you could try it, and then tell us, as long as its 1/4"

Its 1/2, and the link works just fine. Do a little basic work here.

Agreed, that is a good price. When I get some money I will order to see how it works.

Yeah, the link works fine for me.

I would try it, but there is a low order fee, which I'd rather not pay (seeing as its almost as much as another 100') but before I commit to $35 of foam, I was wondering if it worked. I'm in college right now, so if I'd rather not waste the money to find out that it doesn't fit. I'm not asking you guys too, I'll most likely get it, but I didn't know if anyone has tried it yet.

Thanks, I'll probably order some tomorrow or Saturday.

#203311 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Hipponater on 14 January 2009 - 03:37 PM in Darts and Barrels

Has anyone tried the FBR from Contractors Tool Supply? (http://www.contracto...eet-p-4208.html)

Its $6 for 100', but before buying some (they have a low order fee or orders under $25) I wanted to know if anyone has tried it, and if so, hows the fit? (PETG, CPVC mainly)

Thanks

#203030 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Hipponater on 13 January 2009 - 01:02 AM in Modifications

What would be a good dremel piece to cut plastic or metal?
Would this work well?

It looks like it would work, sounds like what I use. (Disks that attach to a rod by a screw).

Has anyone tried FBR from Contractors Tool Supply? (http://www.contracto...eet-p-4208.html)

Its $6 for 100', definitely a great price, but there is a $5 low order fee if you don't order 25$ of materials. Before I get 500' of FBR, has anyone tried this stuff? If so, how does it fit cpvc/petg/brass?

Thanks a lot.

(Was hoping to have a mod be my first post, but it's harder to mod nerf guns at college dorms... mainly due to lack of tools)