diamondbacknf1626's Content

There have been 433 items by diamondbacknf1626 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#216640 The Mtr

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 06 March 2009 - 03:13 PM in Modifications

Nice, Simple, and just over-all cool. And hell, if you guys allow titans, why not? ROF isn't the best but let someone have fun out ranging you.

#216727 The Countess

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 07 March 2009 - 07:09 AM in Modifications

Freaking awesome man, just awesome. I'm curious though, why the threaded coupler? Wanted to keep the ability to change barrels? Anyway, sick job, and I love the paintjob. Nice ranges, nice vid, and amazing blaster.

#216866 The Countess

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 08 March 2009 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

Freaking awesome man, just awesome. I'm curious though, why the threaded coupler?

Threaded coupler was the clients request. It makes sense though. Would you want to pull the breech forward and accidentally pull the whole breech system off the gun? I imagined it happening so I happily stayed with the threaded coupler.

I also just thought of a benefit to it. Much easier to transport and store with the breach off. My question wasn't really why threaded and not slip couplered, but why threaded and not just a stationary breach. I guess it's just easier to deal with if you can detatch it. Because of this, I've been hunting a Max Shot down all day. If anyone has one, feel free to let me know. Check out my sales thread and my sig to see what I have to trade.

#216874 The Countess

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 08 March 2009 - 01:04 AM in Modifications

dude your weird

Brilliant and invigorating.
Such a refreshing surprise to hear intelligent conversation.
Mommy must be proud. Mommy must be very proud.

Keep in mind I could rip off your legs and sever your hip bone from your body. Only to wear it like a brass knuckle to pummel your dying Torso into pumice. At least the birds and scavengers will have something to eat. That's not an entire waste of existence is it?
Your mother fed the birds, she must be proud indeed.
Simple bread crumbs will do next time.

While that's scary enough as it is...what's really scary is that he probably good really do that. I'd watch your ass spoot.

And Coop, I agree. Same thing happened to me.

By the way, I figured I'd throw this info up here. I had asked angel about the lengths of the individual pieces via PM, when I should've just posted here. Here're the estimated lengths:

Main Portion of PVC- 4 1/8"
Other part with the couplers over it- 2 7/8" (Makes 7" which is what the 9/16 is).
9/16" Brass- 7"
19/32" Brass- Still not sure on this one. Around 4 1/2, 4 3/4
And then all the other measurements that were already posted.

EDIT- I know this isn't my topic, but since Angel had asked to ask further questions here, I figured I'd post the results of my previous ones.

#217023 Super Shot 2000

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 08 March 2009 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

Let me be the first second to say I really like this. Maybe because it was my idea...kidding, kidding :lol: . Anyway, nice way to avoid the goofy 2k shell. This is a lot more compact. I think some PVC shelling would be nice for the top of it, and it'd a bit cleaner. Overall, nice job man.

EDIT-Wow, that all happened at once. Well, I guess if we all suggested shelling at basically the same time, it should be a pretty good idea. In all seriousness though, it provide both protection and cleanliness for the trigger mech.

#217304 The Domsayer - Gow Inspired Rfsg

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 10 March 2009 - 01:39 PM in Modifications

I really am a fan of your Domsayer, SGM. I like it when someone takes another's project and makes it their own. It's not necessarily improved in general, but it's definitely more custom fitted for you, both literally and figuratively. While the RFSG stock isn't as bad as the PAS one, I have to say, a little extention like this would be nice. Also, I really like the fogged barrels, and most likely do that to my Doomsayer once it is complete. And for anyone who doesn't like the blue, great, it wouldn't be my choice in color either, but he's going for a theme here, and I think it's being achieved nicely. I like the blood splatter idea. I was thinking you could make it more concentrated towards the front, and then have it disapate towards the back.

Anyway, sorry for the massive post, I just haven't commented on any of the individual portions of this, so I just kind of said it all in one.

Again, nice job, I really like it.

#217829 Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 13 March 2009 - 08:12 AM in Modifications

I do like this idea, because I know it is one not necessarily fault of the Angel breech, but one portion that people frequently have problem with. However, I think that there could be alternative solutions to the same problem. I may be absolutely wrong, but wouldn't diagonal support struts from the bolt to the brass also solve the problem? It would provide for a much larger surface area to grip onto and should provide some great support if done correctly. And I don't mean coming off of the rear of the bolt going backwards, just coming down and attaching to the brass so that it would look kind of like a web. It's hard to explain, I'm not sure if I got the point across. But basically, just some other form of support strut in order to help maintain strength would, I think, be a better way to take some stress off of the bolt sled-brass connection. But like I said originally, I do like this idea, although it does take away from the ROF that an angel breach provides you with.

#217913 Maverick Question

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 14 March 2009 - 01:44 PM in Modifications

No, a Nitefinder spring will not work in a Mav. I personally have not tried, but based upon the dimensions of each spring, it just isn't going to work. But yes, in a nitemav, you do use a nitefinder spring. However, that is a completely different mod involving plunger tube replacement, etc. If you're looking to simply beef up your mav spring, I believe you'd be able to find a nice one here.

#217986 Bcno

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 14 March 2009 - 11:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Throw me, my brother, and a friend (unvalidated) down as a maybe. We have nothing to do, but I can't give a defenite yes until it gets closer.

#217989 Longshot Suggestions..

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 14 March 2009 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

I'd go with what BustaNinja suggested. I have seen it done before, and actually was planning to do it on one of my own LS's at some point. I just kind of abandonned it. You may actually prefer this method to that which BlackSunshine used on Mournblade, simply because it's a hell of a lot easier, and allows you to have two seperate triggers, so it has ease of use. Really though, it's up to you what you want to do with your ls.

#218510 Battle For New York Iii

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 17 March 2009 - 07:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Almost a definite. Throw me + 2 down as a maybe though, because I can't say for sure yet. I really hope to get to this one, considering I'm only 25 minutes away.

#218896 My Friends Won't Let Me Play Zombies Anymore

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 20 March 2009 - 05:35 AM in Modifications

This is really cool, and the concept may help me with an upcoming project. I can see why they won't let you play, this thing would dominate. I may have to wait for the writeup, but I was curious, any other mods done to the MS itself?

Also, I'm not going to tell you how stupid it is pumping up a 2 liter soda bottle full of air anywhere close to your body, I just want to recommend something other than a PVC shell. You may want to try even just wrapping it snuggly with e-tape all over. This should contain any explosive qualities, and will be much lighter than a bulky PVC shell.

#218943 My Friends Won't Let Me Play Zombies Anymore

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 20 March 2009 - 03:32 PM in Modifications

Bob, not trying to start a flame war here, but that was not out of "thin air." That was actually "borrowed" from a friend's project that he was working on. However, he was working with much less psi, so my suggestion may be entirely invalid. Just to be clear, I wasn't suggesting just wrapping strands of e-tape around the bottle, but cover the entire thing with a coil of e-tape, so that no bottle is showing. Again, I may very well be entirely wrong, but I'm curious as to why that would make it more dangerous.

By the way: I like the ideas with the denim and ducktape. They seem far more reliable than the e-tape cocoon

#219352 Minimized Long Shot

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 22 March 2009 - 09:47 PM in Modifications

This is kind of cool, actually. Not my personal preference, but it's a cool idea. It reminds me of the Longbow that someone came up with recently, actually, just even smaller. I'll be interested to see what kind of ranges you get.

1337, I guess you could call it a LS pistol, but it still seems a tad bulky to be a sidearm.

#219396 Reactor Legitimization

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 23 March 2009 - 08:39 AM in Modifications

I have a feeling that, if used correctly, this could be a heck of a gun in action. Like balisticjoe said though, I don't think it would sufice as a standalone primary except maybe for indoor wars. You never know though, if used well it could be pretty effective. I'm interested to see the video. Overall though, cool idea. I've been trying to find a way to do something like this to my reactor. I never thought of a clip out the top though. I've mainly been focusing on an inline design within the ball shooter. I'll have to try this out though.

#219473 Miget - Super Modified Ls

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 23 March 2009 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Lt. Stefan, I believe you had confusion over the picture of the breach, in which the breach is open, not closed. Therefore, the bolt has no need to travel back further, meaning there is no need to sand down the plunger tube.

Also, SGM, I really like this. I've been hoping to see a mournblade esq. ls with an angel breach. I know yours came before sunshine's, but still, I haven't seen it until now. I imagine this would be a contender in a war, considering it has a hell of a lot of shots before you need to reload (and I do know this is nothing new. The same applies with DTB intigrations). I like it, and I think it'll look pretty sweet with a nice PJ. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I'm curious though, does the brass extend all the way to the end of the extended ls frontgun barrel? If so, wouldn't it ether have to be longer than 12" of brass or is the frontgun barrel cut down? If it's longer than the brass, wouldn't it tend to decrease ranges?

EDIT- Lt. Stefan got it. I didn't see before I posted. I'll leave it up though incase anyone else wants to know, because it confused me at first glance too.

#219516 Filliam H. Muffman

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 23 March 2009 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

Finally, a mod worth doing on my Mad Hornet. And that is no insult to anyone who has done Mad Hornet mods, I've just been waiting for a contributor to take a swing at it. I was going to start myself and find a way to rig it up to an airtank, but didn't have the time, experience or materials necessary in order to do so. Now that this is up, I may put this thing to use, now that I know what to do with it. Very nice mod. This thing is still kind of funny looking though, and a tad awkward to use. It'd be tough, but maybe it'd be nice reshelled.

Actually, and this is completely based upon your pictures and my own memory, if you could find away to re-shell it, you may be able to make it a candidate for rear loading. In which case you'd have a beast on your hands. You'd have to make the shell pinch in before the turret, and both widen the turret inlets and increase the output size of the valve, but if you could manage to do it, that'd be a heck of a gun. And as Vacc said, range isn't everything.

#219532 Filliam H. Muffman

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 23 March 2009 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

Don't quote me on this, because I am not positive, but isn't it the same kind of tubing that you used for Senor Wences?

#219541 Pointblank Titan

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 23 March 2009 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

I actually really like this. Though it'd be banned at every war imaginable, it's pretty cool, and a shotgun attachment would both increase legality and make it pretty useful. It was funny, actually, I was just joking about making my mom a gun, and she said she wanted a gun where she didn't have to run around the whole time. So I told her I'd make her a titan "looser" rifle, so she can sit up on the deck and just pick us off :D . Anyway, nice mod, I'm impressed. I like the breech and the detachable stock.

EDIT- Forgot the cheesy Chuck Norris joke. Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad Chuck Norris never cries.

#219644 Pointblank Titan

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 24 March 2009 - 02:04 PM in Modifications

Holy crap! loser. losing.

EDIT: for a minute there, I thought the filter was gone. Wonder why it didn't edit Homestarune's post...

Huh?

Any words that involve sn1p1ng and the like are edited automatically by a filter, but in Homestarune's post, the word wasn't edited.

Yeah, that happened in another thread, but nobody realized it. I can't remember which it was. eat shit, loser, losing, sniped, eat shit, eat shit, eat shit.

EDIT- Damn, the filter holds strong. Except for sniped, that made it through. But still, has anyone ever heard of the "eat shit" filter? That made me laugh for a long time. I just typed "sn1per" a ton of times, and from the second time on, it became that. Also, like I said before, again, great mod. If I do this mod for fun though, I'll probably use a different style shoulder stock. Still using the PVC fittings, just a different shape. The breech looks cool too.

#219647 Longshot Breakthough (takes Stress Of The Boltsled) (writeup's Up)

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 24 March 2009 - 02:15 PM in Modifications

I'm going to try to ignore the flame war raging above me, and point out that there is another way to re-enforce the joint between the orange piece and the brass breach. If you want to see it, check out SGM's recent mods post of his angel'd longshot mav integration. He mentions something that angel suggested, which is simply using more of the bolt to attach the brass too, therefore giving more of a surface area for the glue to hold. Also, it maintains your ROF, which as many have said, is the beauty of an angel breached LS.

And again, if it fails after a few wars, it fails, and you fix it. While this mod is a way to reduce stress and does so accordingly, I just don't think it's the most effective way to do so.

EDIT- By the way, I'm not back seat modding or telling you guys you're stupid for fighting, I'm just saying I have no comment on your argument.

#219931 Frostbite

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 26 March 2009 - 03:45 PM in Modifications

Dizzy, I love the mod and the pj and Hector :) . The gun itself seems pretty effective, and I'm interested to see how ranges turn out once you get around to it.

One comment though. One thing you may want to do is cut down inside of the shell where the bladder expands, so that it has more room to. This may allow you to squeeze a little more shots per set of pumps even though you may have to pump a few more times.

Very cool!

I love the creativity of your mods.

I am really interested to hear about the quirks of your gun, ie. how you'd have to hold the MS trigger down while pumping in order to actually fill the tanks. How comfortable is it to fire with the two triggers in the back of the shell? And finally, do you have any problems with unintentional firings/leaks? Ie., does firing the main tank cause the hornet tanks to lose back pressure and fire or do the check valves prevent that?

I ask because I'm integrating a hornet into a MS and am having troubles. The hornet OVRP activates before the MS bladder is even half full, causing any additional air pumped in to simply leak out of the hornet. Did you run into any problems while assembling?

Again, awesome mod!

Dizzy, you may correct me if I'm wrong, however, I think I can answer a few of these questions. From what I can tell, you don't hold the MS trigger down while pumping in order to fill the tanks. You pump, it fills the Magstrike bladder, stop pumping, and then in order to fill the tanks, you just hold down the trigger for however much time it takes to fill the tanks. Then release the MS trigger, the tanks are filled, and you're good to fire them off. Also, to adress the problem you're having with yours. Is your MS bladder attached directly to your tanks/trigger, or does it have the origingal MS release valve still in place? If not, that would be your problem. As you can see, in this mod, the release valve is still in place, which is what is utalized to regulate the pressure entering the 3k and hornet tanks.

I'm also curious as to pressurization problems with the tanks. Are you able to fire the 3k without depleating the hornet, and the other way around? I see the check valve, but it does not seperate each type of tank from one another. Any insight would be great.

#219989 Frostbite

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 26 March 2009 - 06:13 PM in Modifications

Dizzy, you may correct me if I'm wrong, however, I think I can answer a few of these questions. From what I can tell, you don't hold the MS trigger down while pumping in order to fill the tanks. You pump, it fills the Magstrike bladder, stop pumping, and then in order to fill the tanks, you just hold down the trigger for however much time it takes to fill the tanks. Then release the MS trigger, the tanks are filled, and you're good to fire them off. Also, to adress the problem you're having with yours. Is your MS bladder attached directly to your tanks/trigger, or does it have the origingal MS release valve still in place? If not, that would be your problem. As you can see, in this mod, the release valve is still in place, which is what is utalized to regulate the pressure entering the 3k and hornet tanks.

Thanks for the response, diamondback.

I have a T coupler between the MS bladder and the MS trigger (release valve). This is then hooked up to the check valve the titan normally connects to, and then right to the hornet trigger mechanism. It takes about 20 good pumps (the MS pump is significantly larger than the hornet pump), the MS bladder is 1/3rd full, hornet tanks are full, and then any additional pumping goes right out the hornet barrels. Leaky barrel or OVRP? I'm not sure.

I might have to add a ball valve like in this thread Marvelous Magstrike

No problem at all.

I'm a bit confused as to your setup. So in this order:
Pump
/
/
Bladder
/
/
Tconnector (Goes two ways)------MS trigger
/
/
Check valve
/
/
Hornet trigger mech
/
/
Hornet blast chambers?

If this is the case, then you have nothing in between restricting the air from going directly from the bladder to the hornet integration. Therefore, when you're pumping, it pumps both the bladder and the hornet, and as per usual op valves, you will at 20 pumps, like you stated, achieve the pressure in the bladder and hornet that will open the op valve. In order for your system to work effectively, you must have the MS trigger (release valve) in between the bladder and the hornet, so that you can completely fill up the bladder, and then at your leasure release air from the bladder into the hornet mech.

EDIT- The MS release valve (main MS trigger) should serve the same purpose as the ball valve would.

#220022 Frostbite

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 26 March 2009 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

Diamondback, the Magstrike release valve is there in place to keep the air from going out of the bladder until I pull the MS trigger.

Yep, that's what I was trying to say. Sorry, I know I may have rambled a tad. It serves the purpose of regulating the air leaving the MS bladder correct? So when you are not holding the trigger, no air leaves the bladder, so you're free to fire the 3k and hornet, and then when you squeeze it, it allows air to leave the bladder and fill the tanks, correct? That's basically the point I was trying to make before.

If I'm correct as to what Fome was saying about his setup, then he does not have the MS release valve set in between the bladder and the blast chambers, resulting in having nothing to stop the air from traveling freely from the bladder to the tanks and subsequently triggering the op valve.

Sorry to hear about the 3k tank. It'll be nice to have a nice new tank in there though, although I did like the patch job.

#220294 Chalk Darts

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 28 March 2009 - 01:05 PM in General Nerf

Yes, I've heard of these, and actually happen to own one. They are almost identical to the Pistol Splat, yet they fire the chaulk darts as ammunition rather tha the paintballs. If I'm correct, this version may have a tad weaker spring than the the splat version, because I know that one variation was a tad weeker. I must say that te main advantage of this particular branch of the pistol splat over the other is the amo holder, as it is a very convinient spot to have darts to reload from.

I have seen this in threads before, but never in it's own thread, I don't believe, so I figured I'd just help you out with some info.

#220358 Sm1500 With A Snap Inside.

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 28 March 2009 - 08:43 PM in Modifications

Very nice. I can't wait to see the integration. Definitely go with the Marvelous Salvo system. However, when you do it, leave the salvo barrels shortish. Due to the fact that the main gun itself has excellent range already, you don't need it out of the savos, and giving them shorter barrels should decrease reload time, translating to a better ROF. Anyway, nice mod, I need to start experimenting with some SNAP designs. They seem to be very veritile units, and could lead to some unique projects... *He said, using insane amounts of foreshadowing*

EDIT- Did I read wrong, or are you really planning on drilling holes in the plunger tube? I couldn't tell if you were kidding or not.

#220362 Sm1500 With A Snap Inside.

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 28 March 2009 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

Very nice. I can't wait to see the integration. Definitely go with the Marvelous Salvo system. However, when you do it, leave the salvo barrels shortish. Due to the fact that the main gun itself has excellent range already, you don't need it out of the savos, and giving them shorter barrels should decrease reload time, translating to a better ROF. Anyway, nice mod, I need to start experimenting with some SNAP designs. They seem to be very veritile units, and could lead to some unique projects... *He said, using insane amounts of foreshadowing*

EDIT- Did I read wrong, or are you really planning on drilling holes in the plunger tube? I couldn't tell if you were kidding or not.

I was saying if the gun was to powerful for the war I would drill small holes to lower the range

I guess you could just plug them up again with hot glue...just be careful where you drill them. Be sure to drill them towards the end of the plunger tube near the coupler so that any roughness generated by the holes along the intereor of the plunger tube won't interfere with lunger travel

#220366 Lnl Question

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 28 March 2009 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Yeah, as Magic said, that is wierd. My LnL hits consistently over that, with just a spring replacement, no insane banding or anything. Your problem you may be having is that of poor plunger head-plunger tube seal. If yours is like mine, you may need to wrap e-tape around the plunger head and lubricate it in order to achive a nice seal. You should see a pretty dramatic increase in range. Like I said, mine hits consistently over 72 with a decent seal, yet with no e-tape, it hits 30, maybe 40.

And no, don't worry about it breaking. Again, I'll second what magic said. You could use some plunger cushion, although it doesn't have a flat, hard, nf style plunger head, so it may not need cushion. You shoud be fine without re-enforcement.

#220729 Manhattan

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 30 March 2009 - 05:38 PM in Modifications

This looks nicely done. I'm becoming a fan of under-barrel tactical rails on these in place of the bipod. They seem as if they could have possibility for modular integrations. I actually may be working on something to that effect some point in the near future.

However, I'm not trying to be a backseat mod, but the place for this would really be in the Mods/Paintjobs thread. Unless you've done something unique, or are posting a writeup of sorts, this really isn't where it belongs. Nicely done though, the superclip looks quite clean.

#220759 Guru Mk. iii

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 30 March 2009 - 08:15 PM in Homemades

This is truely a beautiful piece of weaponry. I honestly couldn't get over how well this came out for a very long time after seeing it. I definitely think it's a major improvement over its predecessor preformance-wise, although not necessarily a functionality change in any way. I mean, there are the apparent functionality changes such as the X-bow is breeched, and the Splitfire has the double ramrod, but other than that, it remained basically the same concept, which I'm actually happy with. Like Groove said, if something isn't broken, why fix it?

Again, excellent job Slug. I have to say I disagree with boom. I think you should retain the name solely for the purpose of continuing the legacy that is the Guru.

#220881 Barrel Length?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 31 March 2009 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

Many things come into play when you're deciding barrel length for this blaster:
-Turret-Plunger tube seal
-Plunger head-Plunger tube seal
-Lubrication
-Spring power
-Dart-barrel fit

Therefore, it's hard to say basically, the worse all of those things are (Spring, lube, and seals), the shorter barrels you should have, because you simply will not get enough air output to use 12" barrels. Also, if your darts are too tight or too loose, you may have a problem with long barrels. My recommendation though is start out with 12" barrels, gooped and everything, test it out, and then, if necessary, you can cut down the barrels while already mounted (Just run the whole turret (just the ends of the barrels, obviously) through a bandsaw). Take it down by 1" incriments until you find a length that suits your blaster well.

#221068 Successful Rear-loading Maverick.

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 01 April 2009 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

How about removing the rounded shroud that blocks the rear of the turret in the first place. That way you don't even need to pull the turret out to reload. Just shove a dart in and go.

My thoughts exactly. Well, my brother's, anyway. I think this would be really cool, especially if you were to make a nitemav. Then, you could cut down the housing for the turret, glue the turret in place (To the rotating mech, not the shell), use a bit longer barrels, and load the way boisie specified.

#221111 Ls Or Bbb

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 01 April 2009 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Here's a list of some mods for each gun that may or may not interest you. (These are rated not by their difficulty necessarily, but their difficulty in relation to the others I included:
BBB-
Easy

Medium

Hard

Longshot-
Easy

Medium

Hard (Understatement of the year)

Personally, if you want something quick, easy, and effective, I'd go with the BBB. Probably the first mod, as the second will take some time. As Rork said, they're very accurate, and I actually had one that I liked until I switched barrel material. But on topic, I'd definitely go with the BBB. If you want a bit of a challenge with it, do a dual coupler system so that you can use both CPVC and PVC barrels. Personally, I'd just drill out a length of PVC so that I can fit CPVC inside, and just use a PVC coupler, but just so you have options. Really, it's up to you. You have to find out what works best for you.

By the way, rork, I've been trying to reach you by PM. Sorry, this is off topic, I'm just trying to contact him.

#221113 Ls Or Bbb

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 01 April 2009 - 06:47 PM in Modifications

One more thing: the BBB has absolutely freakish accuracy. Keisha's cpvc'd 3B did very well at SENO, even against BBBBs.

Accuracy has almost everything to do with barrel finish and dart fit, and almost nothing to do with whatever motive power was behind the air pressure moving the dart.

In other words - all credit for accuracy goes the builder, none to the stock blaster.

I believe what rork was saying was that the shell/shape/design of the blaster lends itself well to being accurate. For example, if someone were to fire at a target with this versus an AT2k (Both with perfect dart-barrel fit/barrel length and modded to their greatest possible potential), the BBB would most likely hit the target more often, be it a moving target or not. The shell and the way you hold it provides for the shooter to fire more accurately. Basically, the blaster's just easier to aim.

At least that's what I meant when I said it. I may be wrong for rork though.

I do agree though, the construction of the blaster/skill of the modder also plays an important role in accuracy.

#221166 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 01 April 2009 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image

please put some clothes on, but on the plus side, you do have a shirt on.

ontopic: My current setup is running around with my Belt blaster in my apartment. the longest sightline is only 20 ft.

He's wearing clothes...I may be missing a huge amount of sarcasm though.

So that I pass as on topic:
Haven't had war experience to share my primary and sidearm, but at some upcoming wars, they are to be:

Primaries: PAS, Countess-like modded Max shot, Stormbringer, Splitfire, Plusbow, The New Firm

Sidearms: Lnl, Pistol splat

#221204 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 02 April 2009 - 08:32 AM in General Nerf

Extremejumpy is needing pants seriously how do you miss that. It's very disturbing. We need a photo filter for these types of things.

PRimaries:AT2K's, BBBB,AT3K's.

Sidearm:Brassed NF.

I may be wrong, but are those not plaid shorts? If they aren't, dude, put some pants on. But seriously...I think they're plaid shorts.

#221321 Chalk Darts

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 02 April 2009 - 07:47 PM in General Nerf

Yes, I've heard of these, and actually happen to own one. They are almost identical to the Pistol Splat, yet they fire the chaulk darts as ammunition rather tha the paintballs. If I'm correct, this version may have a tad weaker spring than the the splat version, because I know that one variation was a tad weeker. I must say that te main advantage of this particular branch of the pistol splat over the other is the amo holder, as it is a very convinient spot to have darts to reload from.

I have seen this in threads before, but never in it's own thread, I don't believe, so I figured I'd just help you out with some info.

What are the ranges?

Dude, search. These are not new. Just new to WalMart. They get 50-60 feet with taggers straight from the box.

Am I the only one that thinks those are BS ranges??

Buy one and your mind will be changed.

Your mind will be more than changed. I have to say, out of the box (not a box exactly, more of a package), these things are beasts. If you like to play using stock guns/darts, this would be your pic. Like sunshine said, I'd recommend buying one, even if it's not just to prove yourself wrong. ;) . Seriously though, they're nice blasters. Modded, it's hard to give ranges, because it depends on the mod. I believe they get 80-90. I personally haven't ranged tested mine. Basically, it's enough.

#221323 The Monk

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 02 April 2009 - 07:57 PM in Modifications

Is it attractive?
Heck no
Is it worthy of being related in any way to the Guru?
Absolutely not
Does it work for you?
Not sure, you tell me. If it does though, like others have said, screw cosmetics. No, it's not the prettiest thing in the world, but if you can use it well, by all means, have at it. It seems like fun to be up against. Nice idea. What you may want to do now is just refine it a bit and start from scratch, take a bit more time and just make the concept you've got here look a bit better. Don't let anyone get you down on the idea, it's cool. It could just be done a bit more cleanly/accurately. Take some time and do it well.

I don't understand how you get flat ranges with that 2k dude. It seems you'd be constantly pointing in a 30 degree angle.

Yep, 30 degrees up on one shot, 30 degrees to the right on the next, 30 degrees down on the next, and then 30 to the left on the last one. It'd be a bit tough for flat ranges...you may want to take some time and re-do that turret nice and straight. Again, just the whole refining process, man. You've got your base idea, now just refinie it, make it better, clean it up, and you've got a nice primary.

#221327 Need Help Fixing My Recon

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 02 April 2009 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

My suggestion, buy a new one. I could supply you with an entire new recon if you'd like. If you'd just prefer that part though, maybe we can work something out. PM me.

#221350 The Monk

Posted by diamondbacknf1626 on 02 April 2009 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

Galaxy, I think I can help you out on that. PM me.