Yakkers's Content

There have been 68 items by Yakkers (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#100740 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by Yakkers on 03 March 2007 - 09:37 PM in General Nerf

I got the phone number! It is:

1-800-709-8900

I've been calling for the past 15 minutes. I got the busy tone 95% of calls, but I got a voice recording of "Sorry, please try again," five times. On the last call, they put me on hold. I only had to wait about a minute while they kept saying "Keep waiting! We'll be with you any minute!" When I got a person on, to my suprise, I won second prize :D They asked for my age, they let me talk and give information when I said 14, and adress & phone number. They also said that all of the second prize winners are entered in the grand prize drawing after a while (I don't remember when). I'll take a picture of the parcel in 6-8 weeks to prove I'm not making this up.

My advice is to just keep calling, and when you actually get in, you have to wait through about five seconds of silence before they give you "please wait to get an operator" or "Sorry, please try again." I was thoroughly convinved I wouldn't get squat, my brother kept saying "You're wasting your time, it's not worth it, you'll never win anyways," but I'm glad I kept calling :P I have no idea when the calling time is over, so I hope people are reading this! I'm trying to get to Nerf HQ, but I can't get the page to load, if it works for anyone, can he/she post this post (minus this sentence) on the HQ in the topic on this contest? Thanks!

w00t!! Strikefire Battle-in-a-Box Set!

#100711 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by Yakkers on 03 March 2007 - 09:39 AM in General Nerf

The schedule for Toonami tonight is an Iron Man movie from 7:00 to 9:00, then Naruto and One Piece going to 10:00, then Mär and Prince of Tennis going to 11:00. I would think it may be during the movie, which sucks because I'm not really interested in that. I'll try to watch it anyways.

#100564 Nerf Sweepstakes On Cartoon Network

Posted by Yakkers on 28 February 2007 - 05:29 PM in General Nerf

I recently saw another Nerf/Toonami sweepstakes. If you thought last year's was good, you won't believe this ;)

Grand prize: Every N-Strike and Dart Tag set out in stores! Plus, you get 1000 Tagger Darts!
Second Prize: A Dart Tag Strikefire set

I would assume most of you won't beleive me, but I'll try to make a (terrible quality) video of it if I see it again. Someone lese who watches Toonami will see it soon enough. Call it bullsh*t all you want, but soon enough someone else will see it.

#100378 Easy Way To Make Money

Posted by Yakkers on 25 February 2007 - 09:49 AM in Off Topic

I can't find many offers I feel comfortable doing, they all want to send you stuff... Have you done any of the "free trial" of a product ones? I was going to do one if you liked pepsi or coke better, but then they wanted to mail me 10 dollars, so that seemed to good to be true.

#100348 Easy Way To Make Money

Posted by Yakkers on 24 February 2007 - 07:12 PM in Off Topic

Hokiefan, you could have told us that the link you posted was your referral link, I don't support that idea and I just realized I gave you a referral. :angry:

Also, should I just lie that I'm 18, because most of them require that.

#100336 Easy Way To Make Money

Posted by Yakkers on 24 February 2007 - 05:15 PM in Off Topic

I signed up, but I've only done the "download the free toolbar" ones because you don't need to give out a bunch of information or be 18.

Have you doneany that ask for your adress and stuff? Are they the real deal?

#99945 Homemade Belts?

Posted by Yakkers on 17 February 2007 - 10:04 AM in Homemades

I think Ronnies07 meant like an ammo belt as in a razorbeast, not a belt to carry darts around.

That does sound possible, you could take tubes of PVC and make a chain out of duct tape. The hard part would be making an advance system and having the tubes at equal intervals.

#99486 Hasbro Reveals Nerf N-strike Disk Shot (nerf Skeet Shooting)

Posted by Yakkers on 08 February 2007 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

Well, I don't have any proof that BuzzBee has new items, but judging by their release times, I'd say we're due for something new soon.

#99445 Hasbro Reveals Nerf N-strike Disk Shot (nerf Skeet Shooting)

Posted by Yakkers on 07 February 2007 - 04:22 PM in General Nerf

I hope this isn't the only thing they crank out, but it seems like it :( I guess we can still hope for the gun it comes with to be new. And it better not be in the new N-Strike olors, a grotesque combonation of orangy-yellow and grey. Ew.

I find myself looking forward to Buzzbee's new lineup almost as much as Nerf's, so we still have that to look for.

#97418 New Gun!

Posted by Yakkers on 30 December 2006 - 03:56 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image
^Side by side comparison^

#94369 Buzzbee Mustang Six Reveiw

Posted by Yakkers on 13 November 2006 - 09:59 PM in General Nerf

Well, in the pros and cons I didn't think about leaving them in, but once you're done you'd have to take them out. If you do leave them in, it's basically a Maverick for rate of fire and convenience.

I had no idea they broke that fast... I hope mine stays in one piece.

#94356 Buzz Bee Tommy Mech 20

Posted by Yakkers on 13 November 2006 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

The batteries power two spinning wheels, so it probably sounds like a lawnmower eating a chainsaw (like the Mech Six).
The trigger just rotates the drum and pushes a dart into the wheels. Probably not worth buying. I saw it at K-Mart and
gave it a good inspection.

#94347 Buzzbee Mustang Six Reveiw

Posted by Yakkers on 13 November 2006 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

The openeing on the side can only really have the shells put in, since you'd have to put the darts in from the front of the shell.

I found that if you angle the gun a bit away from you, you can get the shell to fly out very nicely. It won't hit you if you do that :)

I've read stories of the cocking lever snapping off, I hope that doesn't happen to mine. I'll try to get a video up of how it is loaded, fired, and ejected (hopefully before something breaks). I saw the movie Forsaken angel put up, and I saw he ejected all of the shells sfter firing all of the darts. I'll do them individually in mine.

#94266 New Lbb Colors

Posted by Yakkers on 12 November 2006 - 06:34 PM in General Nerf

I blew $10 on the second gun. Tiny darts, crappy range, broke the day I got it! It was hard to resist the urge to ask for a refund, even though I wouldn't get one! Definitely not even worth being on store shelves. ^_^

#94264 Buzzbee Mustang Six Reveiw

Posted by Yakkers on 12 November 2006 - 06:29 PM in General Nerf

I was at Kmart to check if any of the new Buzzbee guns were out, and I was surprised to see the Mustang Six. I got it for $9.99. This was the one I was hoping to find, I like the shell guns. Kind of useless, but great to fool around with.

The first thing I noticed was that they redesigned the shells. The smaller end tapers off into instead of a having the lif to gri onto the spring. Upon further inspection (when they were held up to a light), I noticed that they have a spring loaded platform to give the darts a little push. I compared the two shells with the same darts, and the new ones worked a lot better.

Onto the gun. It has a button on the right side to eject the shells. You load the loaded shells into the little hole on the left, pull the lever, and add another. The release button retracts a little piece that is angled on one end to let the shells in, but not out.

When I fired, I was almost startled at the force that the little dart smacked into my window. I haven't tested ranges, but it's very powerful. Now you cock again, open the shell hatch, push the button, and the empty shell will eject and slide to the left about a 45* angle. Then you repeat until the chanber is empty Alternately, you can leave the shells in and reload from the front of the barrel.

Overall, it's not really useful in a war, since you have to worry about the shells. Although you could leave them in and use it like a maverick, so it could be nice in a war if you leave them in. The little door that clicks in and out in fron of the shell port can be annoying to open and close, but when you leave it open it swings around and just looks downright ugly. It's probably worth removing. I'm not sure about modding power, but if you were to single barrel it, it might have some real potential. It's mainly another novelty gun like the other shell guns from Buzzbee. It's really getting me thinking what Buzzbee will do with their shells next, maybe a clip fed pistol?   :-D

Pros:
- Very powerful
- Easy to cock
- The option to leave the shells in
- Fun to just mess around with

Cons:
- Shells usually hit you when ejecting
- Shell door gets in way
- Shells a pain to reload and insert
- Small handle

-Yakkers

#85929 New Breed Of Gun

Posted by Yakkers on 28 July 2006 - 11:04 AM in Modifications

I have something similar, it was a little gun that fired confetti or streamers out of a shell. It can just about fire stefans, but they didn't fit out the barrel. My friend and I sat down and goofed with it for like an hour and we got the dart to come out, but not far at all. I'd like to see those pictures!

#85536 Zoom

Posted by Yakkers on 23 July 2006 - 08:21 AM in Off Topic

The "gibberish" is called "Ubbi Dubbi." You put "ub" before every vowel.

I don't see why everyone hates this show so much.

#85255 Poof Dart Gun

Posted by Yakkers on 18 July 2006 - 08:58 AM in General Nerf

I wasted $10 on that piece of crap, it broke the day I got it. Ranges are bad, too.

You cock it shotgun style with the slide on the bottom, and the handle on the back pulls up a "scope" as they call it that is totally useless. First, the sight broke off, and then when I cocked it, it fired early when I slid the slide back. It seemed like the trigger somehow got too senstive, because if I eventually got it to cock, all I had to do was touch the trigger and it fired. I opened it up, saw the 1.5 inch plunger (estimate), and couldn't get it back together. I already got rid of its pitiful remains, so I don't have internal pictures. Sorry.

Overall, definitely not worth the money.

#81219 The Guns That My Mom Has Destroyed...

Posted by Yakkers on 04 May 2006 - 06:16 PM in Off Topic

Ouch. The Game Boy especially makes me cringe.

Piney: I wish I got rewards like that...

#80880 Ronster's Halo 2 Smg (smg-r)

Posted by Yakkers on 27 April 2006 - 02:58 PM in Homemades

Looking good. How is it going to be cocked? Any plans of doing a write-up?

#80182 Ebay People

Posted by Yakkers on 17 April 2006 - 09:24 AM in Off Topic

This ticks me off too. I also hate it when people sell stefans. I even saw some for sale that had holes oin them so they could be used in stock guns - but that's just what they said. It was just a small hole melted in the back with the glue gun, not long enough for the barrel posts.

#80082 Nerf Contest!

Posted by Yakkers on 16 April 2006 - 06:35 AM in General Nerf

Hmm, when I call, all I get is a voice saying, "five zero eight five x."

1800-504-2300 is right, right?

#79920 Nerf Contest!

Posted by Yakkers on 14 April 2006 - 07:39 AM in General Nerf

I saw that too. Most people probably already have a Dart Tag set, so if I win that I'll just sell it on ebay. Save up for the Magstrike & Longshot.

Irrelavent, but they are also have a contest where you send them a video of you acting like a moron and having a chance of humiliating yourself to millions of viewers on public television. Or at least that's how I portray it...

#79572 Buzz Bee New Guns!

Posted by Yakkers on 11 April 2006 - 01:57 PM in General Nerf

If you look frame by frame at the part in the video where it shows straight down the muzzle, you see two spinning wheels. I would assume the rediculously large and unwieldy trigger pushes a rod out the dart barrel, and into the wheels.

#78447 Nerf Bomb

Posted by Yakkers on 02 April 2006 - 01:23 PM in Homemades

The best thing about Nerf is the freedom. People can make bombs, and it's fine with me. Everyone has a different idea about how nerf should be done, so just let it go.

On topic, too bad most states don't allow fireworks. For outdoor wars, if you don't mind getting wet, water balloons may be good as well.

#78359 Modding Or Playing?

Posted by Yakkers on 01 April 2006 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

Why the F#&% would anyone who's a member here vote "I hate nerf?" I voted playing, since I don't mod much.

#78336 April Fools Websites

Posted by Yakkers on 01 April 2006 - 06:24 PM in Off Topic

http://www.wings.com/

#78278 Cnn Interview 8-9 Today

Posted by Yakkers on 01 April 2006 - 08:36 AM in Off Topic

First of all, what is it about? Nerf related?

It's now 8:34 and I just started watching. Did I... Hey, it's april fools day! argh. :huh:

I just realized that just after I posted "Did I!"