Jangadance's Content

There have been 620 items by Jangadance (Search limited from 09-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#5052 Judgment Day 2003

Posted by Jangadance on 28 May 2003 - 03:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I would really like to Nerf with some of you guys sometime, I could supply some troops to the cause. Where are you thinking of having it? I suggest somewhere "in the middle". ^_^

#5020 Any Mods For Scarab Or Whiptail Scorpion

Posted by Jangadance on 26 May 2003 - 07:22 PM in Modifications

I'm working on my Scorpion right now, we'll have to see what becomes of it... I have a separate thread for it in the Modifications forum. I'll let you know how things turn out. :rolleyes:

#4863 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 21 May 2003 - 07:03 PM in Off Topic

oh, yeah, know why they picked the name "neo"? Cuz it sounds cool, and if you mix up the letters you get; "one".

Oh, I almost forgot. I wanted to mention that Morpheus is the Greek god of Dreams. The name of the drug Morphine is derived from this word, so it's interesting to think about the filmmakers choice in names. Are there any other names you can pick up on that contain symbolism? I can't really analyze Trinity, what's the deal with that? Oh yeah, don't post about Tank and Dozer's names or I'll get angry and burst a blood vessel in my eyeball. :D

#4809 Too Many Mods

Posted by Jangadance on 20 May 2003 - 12:15 PM in Modifications

I would like to see one for the First Shot. The First Shot is a new pistol that people can actually go out and buy off the shelves, then modify. Instead of seeing a good writeup for the LnL or something, then looking on ebay for one for a month. Not to mention, these suckers are cheap- If I could buy a couple more and make them all handy little pistols, I would be much more happy than if I bought an LnL for the price of those 5 First Shots or something.

#4768 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 19 May 2003 - 04:14 PM in Off Topic

***spoilers***

I have a few questions about the film I didn't quite understand.

1) Ok, the "father of the Matrix" said that if Neo chose one door, Zion would be saved, but Trinity would die. If he went through the other, he could save Trinity, but would lead to the extinction of mankind. Of course, love overcame him and he went to save Trinity. However, he was still breathing, and mankind seemed just fine to me. What happened?

2) The whole thing with the Oracle actually being a program I understood fine. However, it didn't "click" to me why her "visions" were always wrong. In the first Matrix film, she flatly to Neo that he wasn't "The One". She was wrong, wasn't she? What's up with that?

3) Also, another thing with the Father of the Matrix scene. Why were hundreds of Neo's emotions being shown on the TV screens? And, what was all that stuff about the choices being made 6 times? That totally baffled me.

4) I understood the thing with the Oracle when she told Neo that some "bad programs" rebelled. Agent Smith was portrayed as a bad program. He was "unplugged". In this case, why is he still trying to kill Neo? For personal revenge? If he is just a computer program, how can he have emotions? And if so, why can't they just delete him?

***spoilers over***

Well, that's my list of confusing questions. Can anybody answer them to clear this up? When I saw the first Matrix, I required a second viewing to fully understand the concept. I think it's the same with Reloaded. I'm definitely going to have to see it again.

Okay, I will try to answer some of the aspects of your questions with my albeit limited insight. :rolleyes: **Warning, Spoilers ahead**

1) I assumed that the 'father of the Matrix' or Architect was offering Neo the opportunity to give himself up for the good of the unplugged humans living in the real world- he could be examined by the computers to find out what variables had made him turn out the be the One, and he could pick a group of people who would stay behind and rebuild Zion. Or, he could go and try to save Trinity, but then the Sentinels would kill all of the remaining humans that aren't plugged into the matrix. Obviously, Neo and Trinity and the gang weren't in Zion, so the Sentinel's assault force didn't kill them. That's why they were "still breathing". Also, I don't think he meant it as an instantaneous affect, it was more of a threat for what the Sentinels will do when they get to Zion.

(*gotta go step out for a bit, I'll finish the rest later.)

#4764 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 19 May 2003 - 03:42 PM in Off Topic

the movie was a good one but there were some realy stupid scenes like when neo masojed trinitys heart to bring her back to life. i thought that the sex scene was stupid, come on (not to be racist) black people getting ther freak on to techno while neo and trinity are doing it! if anything it was more funy than erotic. the fight scenes were great especialy the freeway one. i read one article about the matrix they said that there was suposed to be ghost and wearwolfs in it. i know about the gost but what about the wearwolfs? the story line was good but i needed a better ending. I agree that it wasn't as good as the first one. over all i would give it a B, but still i makes want to see the final one

I thought that the dance scene was appropriate, I felt it was celebrating the aspect of humanity, which makes us different than the computers. There was also a dance club scene in the original Matrix, but no one complained about that. And as for the scene in which Neo revives Trinity- she was in the matrix and since he has the power to alter the matrix, he reached inside of her (think about when Neo jumped inside of Mr. Smith in the first movie) but this time he manually pumped the valves to get her heart to start beating again. I suppose kind of like when they shock you with the defibulator.

During one of the many great lectures, someone (the Oracle, I think) reveals the fact that all of the reported sightings of aliens, ghosts, vampires, etc were actually agents of the matrix. I've only seen Reloaded once so far, but I of course picked up on the ghosts- the two guys with white dreadlocks) and I thought I saw some that looked like they could be the vampires- the 2 'outdated' agents employed by the french information dealer. They were watching TV at least, and it was a vampire flick. What do you guys think? Anyhow.

#4706 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Jangadance on 17 May 2003 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Mrgrinch, I was looking for something a little more in depth. Anyhow, the Scorpion's plunger chamber is a decent size, I was hoping to increase the airflow to the barrel by installing a new tube in place of the green one that runs the length of the (removed) tail. I'm using 1/2" outer diameter vinyl tubing so I can push it directly into my new barrel- wherever that is going to go. The old tube was 1/4" O.D. Will this give the dart more velocity? :huh:

#4700 Save 5 Bucks On T-shirts, Etc.

Posted by Jangadance on 17 May 2003 - 05:14 PM in Site Feedback

Aren't those messenger bags? http://storetn.cafep...813_F_store.jpg
I think that would be helpful too, if it wasn't so... yellow. Or, if we could get a hold of patches, you could buy a cheap Dickies messenger bag or something and put the NH patch on it.

#4688 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Jangadance on 16 May 2003 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

The Whiptail Scorpion functions like a basic spring gun- pull the plunger back with a lever. Except, in this case, you pull the lever forwards. The entire gun is basically reverse of a standard spring gun. Pull the head section forwards, then the air flow pushes out the back of the gun, up the tail, and through the nozzle at the tip of the tail. I think when I finish it will look a little like a modified NB-1, as far as where everything is layed out. The tail is usually aimed a bit high, but the gun pulls the air tube forwards when pressure is applied to the trigger. The basic flaw in this gun is that the tail never truly fires with the tail in the same place, and you fire low or high, depending.

#4680 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Jangadance on 16 May 2003 - 12:39 PM in Modifications

Yeah, rubber banding and spring replacement are both necessary and obvious. Oh, and like you said, I'm not a newcomer to nerf in general; I've probably been playing for about 10 years now. Mainly, I was curious about any unique suggestions for barrel placement... And I suppose I could get some velcro that goes around your wrist and then epoxy the air tube onto it... The only problem is that likely I would want that hand to squeeze the Scorpion's trigger, so having a dart shoot out of that hand might get in the way of the gun. And when I squeeze that hand, the dart's trajectory might get altered by the flexing of my wrist. It's a unique idea, but I don't think that will work well. Besides, it would feel much better to have a gun shoot it, even though I could be Spiderman with darts otherwise. :angry:

Also, extending the tubing might slow down the air flow, since it has to travel further. I'm not physicist but that seems reasonable to me. A bigger [edit-larger width] air tube would increase air flow, right? But is that what I want with a spring gun? It doesn't deliver all of its air at one time, since the plunger has to go down for it to completely deliver its air payload. Anyhow, tell me what you think. Thanks for the input guys! :huh:

#4671 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Jangadance on 16 May 2003 - 03:19 AM in Modifications

Alright, first and foremost, don't think I'm a newb just because I want to mod this gun. I know it's crappy, that's why I want to try it. Where is the challenge in modding something that already has 25+ walkthroughs available on the internet? So, I took it apart, and I think it has some potential. I had a few questions that I would appreciate feedback on, however- a) obviously, the first step would be to change the innacurate scorpion tail to a barrel- any suggestions where to put it? The back is all ridged, so don't know what to do with it. :huh: I'm going to change the tubing since it looks simple enough. Bigger is better, right? I think I'll pick up some 1/2" vinyl tubing and have a go at it. That way, it will be an easy fit into the barrel.

Alright, other than that, wish me luck! :angry:

#4667 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 16 May 2003 - 02:21 AM in Off Topic

Let's be real here, that answers noones question.

:huh: Ah, well, actually I think that does answer his question. superadaquabat didn't ask about the scientific truth behind that movie tidbit, he asked what the movie's reasoning was. And like you said, it is after all just a movie. Take it for what it is. And if you want to read into it further than that, you could imagine that the advanced system that is used for 'jacking in' to the matrix provides such extremely realistic stimuli directly to the brain that when you get shot with a bullet, the nervous system goes into a state of shock and simply shuts down. Or something. :angry:

#4661 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by Jangadance on 15 May 2003 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

*snippity snip* oh, yeah, know why they picked the name "neo"???? Cuz it sounds cool, and if you mix up the letters you get; "one".

... Not to mention the fact that Neo is a prefix that means new or abnormal- Neo's ability to alter the matrix is his glitch, his abnormality.

#4587 Orange Weirdness!

Posted by Jangadance on 14 May 2003 - 12:35 AM in Off Topic

Better drink fast then! Supposedly after this summer they're not making anymore.

*does a double-Dew LiveWire kegstand* :lol:

#4579 Orange Weirdness!

Posted by Jangadance on 13 May 2003 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

cxwq, I'm surprised to hear that Green, Red, and Orange are all trademarked words! :D Also. . . I have to admit, LiveWire is a good change of pace. I would be so bold as to say, right here, right now, I would rather have a tall glass of LiveWire than Mt. Dew orig. Call me a sell-out, but I like a little variety! :lol:

#4537 Music To Nerf To

Posted by Jangadance on 13 May 2003 - 01:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Calm like a Bomb is good material from The Battle for Los Angeles, if that's what their last CD was called. (I have it, I got the name right!) It's a track or two after Guerrilla Radio. It's a good song, not my favorite Rage- but it's good to see it on the Soundtrack! Thanks for the heads up. And the welcome! :P

#4532 Music To Nerf To

Posted by Jangadance on 13 May 2003 - 01:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, RatM would be good. I dunno about the other bands though. How about a Rage cover? "They rallied round tha family- with a fanny pack full of Stefans..." :P

#4530 Suggestions For The Store

Posted by Jangadance on 13 May 2003 - 12:55 PM in Site Feedback

I would like to see some more small items- buttons, patches, that sort of thing. Lower shipping prices, and then you could just put a Nerf Haven patch on your fanny pack (or "yo-yo bag") and bada-bing, you've got yourself a NH ammo holder. :P

#4526 Orange Weirdness!

Posted by Jangadance on 13 May 2003 - 12:25 PM in Off Topic

I bought a couple 2 liters of the LiveWire, I think it tastes like Mt. Dew mixed with that Hi-C orange drink mix syrup you can buy in bulk? Anyways, this LiveWire stains your glassware orange if you don't rinse it out after drinking it. :P

#4524 Music To Nerf To

Posted by Jangadance on 13 May 2003 - 12:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Hello! This is my first post on nerfhaven. I'm glad to be here! :P

Music for this event, I would recommend Sabotage by the Beastie Boys and F*ckin' in the Bushes by Oasis. Some Led Zeppelin would be appropriate, maybe Helter Skelter by the Beatles? I'm just throwing ideas up.