Applefury's Content

There have been 196 items by Applefury (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#219165 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 21 March 2009 - 08:07 PM in Nerf Wars

This was the first war I ever hosted, also it was my first outdoor war. I had a great time!

- Seeing people I knew from before and meeting new people.
- The weather was slightly chilly but nice at the same time. I was comfortable in just a sweater.
- The slightly chilly weather reducing ranges and making games faster paced, better in my opinion ( I hate taking long shots )
- The venue actually being good, It was sorta like our own private spot. Perfect for small wars.
- Everyone doing really well with no matter what gun they had.
- Inventing a new game on the spot.(King Of The Hill) Telling everyone that angel and I had been planning it for months.
- In guardian foof trying to run all the way around the park and getting the captain only to be seen by angel going over a fence then angel taking his team and rushing Pearson and I to hell.
- Me seeing Angel running towards me jumping of a bush, my eyes lighting up with terror and just firing the PAS instinctively.
- Getting Angel many times with his own gun.
- Rokor: " Is it only me left? ..........Tap "
- Rokor shooting a 750 straight up into the air after a bet with angel and then catching it (In his mouth) twice, winning him a total of 8$
- Angel offering up 10$ for Rokor to catch it in his mouth with Angel firing the 750 straight at him.
- Rokor realizing his mistake at the last second and jumping out of the way.
- "DAMN RIGHT!" = Catch Phrase
- Since the game was so low velocity, people were doding darts right and left.
- Rokor's Longshot is really nice, I didn't get to see it work at Massacre.

The darts colliding in mid air, wish we couldve caught that on film. Man that's amazing I remember I heard the dart hit something and I was like sweet I got him. Then he Pearson asks Angel if he got me and him explaining what happened. It was a one a billion chance.

@SGM: Yeah, its there all year cause thats where they put all the snow from the ice rink and the zamboni.

#219157 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Applefury on 21 March 2009 - 07:38 PM in Nerf Wars

It's definetly a no, because it seems to my FuckHead Mother that missing 8 hours of a saturday with my family staying for 2 weeks is such a big disaster.

#219060 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 21 March 2009 - 07:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Rokor, don't forget my Lazy Man's Screwdriver.

#219059 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Applefury on 21 March 2009 - 07:43 AM in Nerf Wars

I will most likely wont be able to make this one, alot of things are happening at once.

- Dad (Ride) is out of town
- Many guests will be at my house.
- I will probably have football practice from 10-12 that day.

#218903 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 20 March 2009 - 08:10 AM in Nerf Wars

It hasn't rained in the past few weeks, I can assure you. I checked the weather forecast and there isn't any rain predicted, also the high is 6 degrees tommorow, in the morning it will be -2 but at about 11-12 it should be heated up nicely. It is supposed to be cloudy periods so sometimes we will have the suns aid and sometimes not.
On another note: I've actually rethought things and we are going to be warring behind the community centre. There is a large area as well as some pathways that people walk through from time to time.

But, Jonathan and I will we be waiting out front to show people to the staging area.

On a side note: I'm bringing a football, if anyone else is bringing a lunch then you can join me for a quick 20 minute game during lunch break. 2 Hand touch of course, otherwise it's Angel vs everyone.

#218765 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 19 March 2009 - 11:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Where we will be playing is behind the community centre. My friend Albert will be out front in the parking lot. He will have a Big Bad Bow, look for him as he will lead you to the staging area.

#218758 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 19 March 2009 - 08:29 AM in Nerf Wars

The war is 2 days from now. It deserves a bump.
If any one is having trouble finding a way to get there than please post. I'm sure you could work something out with someone.
I will describe the field as best as possible.
From the Further side from the community centre to the closest.
Moderately wooded area, Large Playground, open field with picnic tables, moderately wooded area.
We will probably be playing in or around the playground, depending on if there is little kids playing.

#218655 Petg Question

Posted by Applefury on 18 March 2009 - 05:26 PM in General Nerf

Oh, I had figured it would, as long as you sent the money and he acquires your shipping address you should recieve petg. Providing he has it in stock, you should probably PM him.

#218644 Petg Question

Posted by Applefury on 18 March 2009 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

Click me for petg thread.

#218222 Pas Manual Chaingun Modification

Posted by Applefury on 16 March 2009 - 07:45 AM in Modifications

This is an amazing first mod! It performed extremely well at Massacre 3. It is faster than a speedloader with greater ammo capacity. It is like having a slightly slower Maverick with MUCH higher range.
Also you may wonder the stability of the mod but it held its own at the war, with him running around all day with it. The turret is heavy but secured well.
Once again, Great Job.

#218070 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 15 March 2009 - 03:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Well you could have something rigged up on a conveyer belt so the blank moves by, gets a hole drilled with a drill on a timer, moves along weight gets dropped into hole, Glue dumped on dart. Its doable, but complicated.
A Canadian invented the stefan, maybe a Canadian will invent the automatic stefan maker.

Forecast for saturday is 6 degrees and sunny. This is great and I hope to see you all there.

#218014 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 15 March 2009 - 07:27 AM in Nerf Wars

I have checked it up, using google maps you can find directions to Goulding Community Centre. You can also configure it to find out the way using Public Transit.
As of right now it looks like a good turnout, as Angel said at Massacre he would be willing to loan you a gun, but definetly not darts. If anyone can sell my lazy ass friends some stefans that would be great, 100-150 each should work.

#218013 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 15 March 2009 - 07:22 AM in Nerf Wars

All the best guys. Hopefully see you all in a month.

Perhaps in a few days.

P.S. I have video of the war, it is only a few minutes. I didn't get out much. I seemed to be dodging more darts than I thought. Anyways it is only like 2 minutes of the first two royal rumbles. I will be posting it on a youtube account, where I will update you guys. But a warning, REALLY ANNOYING COMMENTARY!

#217948 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 14 March 2009 - 07:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Glint, we thought you weren't there...did we just not know who you were?

Really? Well the first time Forsaken asked me who I was I said Glint and I felt a little awkward because I didn't know if he meant my real name or my online tag...
But I was the guy with the Dart Tag Blaster and Nitefinder, with the blue and gray hoodie?

Wow, thats who i thought u were.
But to be honest I imagine you as a fat pudgie guy. Avatars ftw.

#217946 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 14 March 2009 - 06:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Cons
-nothing bad at all, except recieving a pressure point shot from a 2K at 5ft away.

Yeahhhh... sorry, my bad. actually your bad because you and applefury decided to rush me during royal rumble wingman. got both of you.

Highlights
-K10's 3-for-1 with his shotgunned BBBB.
-jay inspiring me to get a LS by his ownage with it.
-2 kills in 4 seconds from about 50 ft.
-finding a BBBR at a walmart.
-no-one moaning or complaining
-minimal standoff

Cons:
my 2k was taking about a miniute to fully reload.
not much else.

Actually no, it was dumpster who got me, not you.

#217934 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 14 March 2009 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, love how we posted at the same time there. Alright thanks, I'll get it at STW.

Highlights:
-Many slide kills.
-Great Turnout, lots of new faces.
-Finding my perfect style of playing.
-Getting a SM750 off Jay
-See old faces.
-Promoting Spring toronto War.
-Uber fun
-Asskicking

#217932 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 14 March 2009 - 05:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I left my electric screwdriver at the war. If anyone found it, could you please tell me and return it to me next time we see eachother.

#217865 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 13 March 2009 - 05:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be bringing my camera, hopefully this time I won't accidentally delete the footage.

#217684 Modded Bbbb Plugging Question

Posted by Applefury on 12 March 2009 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

You coming to massacre 3 MSDFS?

He is in Paris. So no.

#217590 Headshots

Posted by Applefury on 12 March 2009 - 06:47 AM in General Nerf

To be honest, anyone purposefully aiming for the head throughout a nerf war is an idiot. For me, I aim for the largest visible part of the body. If it so happens that the most visible part of the body is the head I will only shoot if I think it's safe. ( As in I'm not holding a Big Blast 20ft away. )

#217160 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 09 March 2009 - 05:29 PM in Nerf Wars

There is no cost, you will however have to provide your own darts. I don't have a chest full of em like Angel. You will also have to supply your own gun. The definite date is March 21st.

#216891 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 08 March 2009 - 07:43 AM in Nerf Wars

@Rokor I've got some 3k internals and shell. I'm open to trade or just flat money. Sad to hear that Canadiannerf, I enjoy short people. Just a shoutout to people, I don't mind if you don't have a Nerfhaven account and are under 12. Email me at Nathan.officer@yahoo.com. I know some people aren't quite 13 yet who were at massacre (DQ) AKA Little Asian Kid.

P.S. The 3k internals do not come with turret and/or Goo Gauge. I removed the goo gauge and filled with hot glue.

Dude13 is that a definite still or a maybe. And foof? and for the stefans, it depends. I will be examining the stefans. So if the stefans really are shitty I don't think they will be buying them.

#216728 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 07 March 2009 - 07:50 AM in Nerf Wars

I checked the 14 day trend and it looks as though the temperature will be about 0-1 degrees celsius. I personally will be fine with this. Who knows though, it is hard to predict the weather that far ahead. Partly cloudy with no rain. Also, my friends will be purchasing stefans. in total they will need 300, split into two bags of 150.

#216347 Whick Lube For A Pas

Posted by Applefury on 04 March 2009 - 09:18 PM in Modifications

How does silicone lube ruin it? I was under the assumption that it was harmless. It does say " Protects Rubber"

#216325 Whick Lube For A Pas

Posted by Applefury on 04 March 2009 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

What ever you do, do not use vaseline! Pick Up some O-ring lubricant. I didn't think lubing a Pas was neccesary though.

#216102 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 03 March 2009 - 04:34 PM in Nerf Wars

I really hate to double post. However.
In a few days I will be able to determine if the weather is good or not for the date.
Basically if the weather is below like 4-5 degrees, I'm going to see if its possible to reschedule to maybe 2 weeks afterwards. Unless ofcourse the majority of people doesn't care if its cold. In which case I don't really give a shit.
Also If you have any barricades you can bring, I myself will be making some cardboard box barricades and the such. Once again if anyone else can confirm, it would be really helpful to the planning of this nerf war. PM me with any questions and stay in touch.

#214785 Ok I Really Need Some Help Here

Posted by Applefury on 24 February 2009 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

1.) Don't use taggers in PVC.
2.) You might want to try lube on the plunger head.

#214455 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 23 February 2009 - 04:03 PM in Nerf Wars

We were planning on doing it, but with the winter season rolling out, and the summer rolling in...eh. That and they won't answer our emails or phone calls.

#214445 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 23 February 2009 - 03:07 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone could supply me with a stock pas at the war I would be grateful. I have cash, PM me. I would get one myself but the father doesn't want me to buy any more nerf guns. So I flipped him the bird and need someone to supply me.

#213751 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 20 February 2009 - 05:31 PM in Nerf Wars

The date is the 21st, sorry about the mix up before, I don't know why I said 21st and not 28th.

Btw now that shit is finalized, can anyone confirm?

#213285 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 18 February 2009 - 03:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Well the way I see it, if most people who are maybes because of weather and the weather is looking real crappy like 4 days before the war we will push it back a week or two. So as of now the date is march 21st.

@ Canadiannerf: I talked it over with them and it seems that they will all be making their own stefans.

NOTE: There is a new location! I have rethought the war location after considering the Positives of each.
This new location is VERY CLOSE to the old one, please look at my Original Post for details
The new location has bathrooms very close, more foliage for cover, a parking lot, a water fountain and the new location has the mall closer and availible for you to purchase food.

#212086 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 13 February 2009 - 08:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I am considering rescheduling this war to 2 weeks later on April 4th. The weather will be warmer and you will have a larger break period after Massacre 3. If this date is a bad date for anyone then please tell me.

#212085 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 13 February 2009 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I might not come because its the weekend before Toronto spring war. So put me down as a maybe.

This war is #1 priority Spring toronto war is #2 so please choose this war over Spring Toronto War if you have to.

#211733 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 12 February 2009 - 08:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I will be providing for my friends, however they will most likely want to buy some stefans off people as well so if anyone wants to sell to them that'd be great, that and/or fbr.
Once more snow melts this week I will be going to take pictures of the war zone.

Stupid: God damnit!
I cannot believe I just double posted....

Stupid Mistake, rushing to get out of the house.
Check User.

#211729 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 12 February 2009 - 08:08 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll paypal you the cash tonight.

#211727 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 12 February 2009 - 08:05 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a strong maybe, it really all depends on rides and weather (apparently it's not worth the drive if it's cold out).

I'm hoping the weather will be fair, it should towards the end of march. I'm pretty sure the snow should be all melted.

#211447 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 11 February 2009 - 04:57 PM in Nerf Wars

A great thing about the location is that there is many ttc stops a 5min walk away from the park.

#211441 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 11 February 2009 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

-Where: Goulding park near Younge and Steeles ( Map below ) LOCATION CHANGE!
-When: March 21st ( Thats a week after massacre 3 )
-How long: 10:00AM-5:00PM ( Maybe longer if people can move. )
-Purpose: Just have fun with the weather warming up. I know I like to nerf as much as I can.

Go to Massacre 3! Lose less darts, more people.
And if your not too tired, then come here a week later.

Bathroom note: Goulding community center on site.

Safety Rules:
Eye protection. Dress appropriately for the weather.

Banned guns:
No Titans, No Homemade air guns No plugged BBBB ( Be nice if you have one unplugged, don't aim for the face.)
Titans will only be allowed if it is a 4 shot spread.

Instructions:
Bring a lunch or we might put some money together and order pizza.

Games: wont go into details here but we will play most common games, ex: Team DM, CTF, Flag Push/Pull, Guardian. We will mix it up!

Definites:
Applefury +2
Forsaken_angel24
Rokor
Foof
Dude13
Pearson2
Keitan
DQ

Maybes:
Deadumpster
Glint

Where it is.
Posted Image

As for parking, there is a parking lot.
Playing Area:
Posted Image

#208576 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by Applefury on 01 February 2009 - 11:57 AM in Off Topic

who cares i'll be skiing while this chickenshitbullshit is going down

Just cause your a scrawny little bitch doesn't mean you hate on football.

Steelers are my pick.

#208500 Massacre 2 Videos.

Posted by Applefury on 01 February 2009 - 12:51 AM in Nerf Wars

See the photo at the end there? That's the result of taking a doomsayer to the back after screaming "TAP TAP TAP!".