Applefury's Content

There have been 196 items by Applefury (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#220655 Massacre 3

Posted by Applefury on 30 March 2009 - 06:43 AM in Nerf Wars

Bittersweet Symphony Instrumental

In my opinion the lyrics suck, instrumental version fixes this.

Mp3 link is in the sidebar. Not sure if it's safe.

#221103 Ls Or Bbb

Posted by Applefury on 01 April 2009 - 05:57 PM in Modifications

What are the ranges like for a bbb with a simple coupler mod without upgrading the springs? I'm not nearly advanced enough to mod a longshot but I figure a simple mod for a bbb might be a fun way to spend a night or two.

With a simple coupler mod, AR Removal, Dead Space removal. I would see that getting 70ft, possibly 80.

The BBB will not work too well with petg, I know what foam you have, you will hate it with a petg breech. Either mod it for brass or for cpvc.

#221949 Extending Plunger Pull.

Posted by Applefury on 06 April 2009 - 06:50 AM in Modifications

For most guns, I wouldn't reccomend extending the plunger pull, just because your probably going to send the plungerhead flying off. Some guns however can have a larger plunger pull.

#222059 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Applefury on 06 April 2009 - 06:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I am a definite, payment will be sent when my mom feels fit.

#222127 My Brute

Posted by Applefury on 07 April 2009 - 05:58 AM in Off Topic

I don't post too many off topic threads but I got a link to this site from Crooked.
Its really fun and most importantly free.

You make a Brute and have him/her face off against other brutes that other people make.
It's fun watching them level up differently and all the funny moves and stuff they can do.

I figured the members here would get a kick out of it.

Here is the link:
My Brute

Heh, I'm your pupil. Cool game.

#222311 My Brute

Posted by Applefury on 07 April 2009 - 09:29 PM in Off Topic

CROSSBOW RE-RELEASE!

It seems the flail is one of the best of all weapons.

#224459 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Applefury on 19 April 2009 - 09:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Dirtstache should be with me.

#225646 Leaks

Posted by Applefury on 24 April 2009 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

So I picked up a SM1500 from value village today. Of course with my luck there is a leak. But wait, the leak is in a REALLY awkward position. Let me explain, Where the Tubing connects to the tank and where the firing pin is. Well, there is a miniscule crack there. I don't have any clue what to do.

I pump, as I pump I can hear all of my air rushing out the crack. Frustrating. I've checked it in water and that is the only leak.

So my question to the NIC, What the hell do I do?

#225653 Leaks

Posted by Applefury on 24 April 2009 - 11:15 PM in Modifications

Pictures wouldn't help, the crack is small enough it is hard to see without very good lighting. I'm going to attempt goop, but from my experience with awkwardly postioned leaks it probably wont work.

#225699 Leaks

Posted by Applefury on 25 April 2009 - 09:18 AM in Modifications

...If all else fails you can just sell it to me :).

If all else fails, I'll replace with a 2k tank.

#226045 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Applefury on 26 April 2009 - 08:54 AM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has one they might bring to the war.
I am still looking for a SM1500 or a tank and pump with no leaks.

#226082 Leaks

Posted by Applefury on 26 April 2009 - 10:12 AM in Modifications

I have this stuff that is called Loctite super glue for all plastics. It comes with an activator. Should I try and sand the tank a little bit and then apply this stuff?

#226111 Barrel Length Of Bbbb Rcsb Clipped?

Posted by Applefury on 26 April 2009 - 11:35 AM in Modifications

Hi i just made fixed my RCSB clip for my BBBB and i was wondering how long the cpvc barrel should be. It naturally should be fairly long because the BBBB has a large air output (almost as much as titan) but if was wondering if the 12" barrel i have is too long, right now it shoots as well as a singled longshot which is about 100' but i was hoping something similar to titan strength. Considering other people have been able to shoot about 130' with their BBBB i was wondering if my barrel too long? Or perhaps it is because it is an RCSB clip which has too much dead space. Also, the gun is not plugged for legality reasons.

By all means do what you wish but...
100ft and you want more? Especially with the ROF capabilities you are speaking of, why? I've seen you play, you're not the on who sits there trying to pick people off, your always moving around, rushing. If your going to be rushing then don't strive to make those ranges any better. Unless it is your goal to cause your opponents great pain.

#226194 Doomsayer Problem

Posted by Applefury on 26 April 2009 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

How long are your barrels? What springs do you have in there? Are you sure your plunger-head seal is perfect?

#226378 Doomsayer Problem

Posted by Applefury on 26 April 2009 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

Could we get a picture of it closed from the front where the barrels are. I want to see the turrets orientation. If it is sagging downward then that could be your problem, you may have dremel'ed the shell incorrectly so the turret sags and makes for a bad seal. Try pushing up on the turret and/or backwards and firing to see if it makes any differences. From my experience Doomsayers are quite finicky and one moment will fire with a great amount of force and other times where it will just barely escape the barrel.

#226715 Last Stand [new Game Type]

Posted by Applefury on 27 April 2009 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

The problem I can see with this is that it would get extremely boring.
I remember at Massacre 2 I was on a team that made a bunker against 3 other teams and it was just so boring. Everyone just taking pot shots into the bunker.
Nerf is about moving and dodging, not sitting in a bunker holding off the other team. I mean whatever floats your boat but...I don't think this round will last very long at a Nerf War with impatient Teenagers

#227109 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Applefury on 29 April 2009 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Probably coming to this one and doing option 1. But im not sure if ill be able to bring my guns, so i may switch to option 2. Also, will we be allowed to nerf outside around the portables if a majority of players want to play a round or 2 outside or do u not have that area rented?

He can't afford to supply that many people with stefans and then lose most of them outside. Or at least thats what my understanding was.

#227681 X Men Origins: Wolverine

Posted by Applefury on 02 May 2009 - 04:56 PM in Off Topic

I just finished watching the movie and I thought it was pretty damn good.
What are your thoughts/rants?

#227686 X Men Origins: Wolverine

Posted by Applefury on 02 May 2009 - 05:26 PM in Off Topic

Even though I liked it, I think it was a cheap play to get more money. The first hour of the movie was just him being a lumber jack.

I think they may do the other X-men's origins, but I hope not.

He was only a lumber jack for maybe 20-30 minutes in the movie.
I don't know, one on Magneto might be cool.

#228147 X Men Origins: Wolverine

Posted by Applefury on 04 May 2009 - 05:59 PM in Off Topic

Deadpool isn't dead.
At the end of the credits you see him get up looking for his head.
In all Marvel movies you gotta check that.

#228828 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Applefury on 07 May 2009 - 05:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Fully automatic guns are going to prove quite effective at this war.
Btw Dirtstache is coming with me

#229265 Massacre #4 (terminus)

Posted by Applefury on 09 May 2009 - 08:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Highlights:
- Getting a great turnout, seriously. I think that the Canadian/Northern American Nerf community is thriving.
- Getting a Sm1500
- Crooked jumping over the barricade, I remember watching him running for it and thinking what if he jumps over the barricade using the step ladder and then holy shit he did it.
- Overall a great war in general ( More highlights to come, my brain isn't functioning right for all the tiredness built up inside it.
- Defend the core working great, having double the amount of people your team has coming towards you is scary as hell.

#230409 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 15 May 2009 - 03:49 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be there, gonna tear it up with my new Angel Breech Longshot.

#230415 "the Blood Finder"

Posted by Applefury on 15 May 2009 - 04:09 PM in Modifications

This is a really good clean modification, nice job! Seems like a great sidearm.

My guess for the movie is Slumdog Millionaire.

#232218 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 24 May 2009 - 01:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I just got back from Tennessee and I'm dissapointed to say that I will not attending this war, I have football practice.
I apologize.

#232910 An Open Letter To New Posters And Anyone On The Waiting List!

Posted by Applefury on 27 May 2009 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

I don't agree with Zorn. I'm merely saying that he was mocked and didn't deserve it. He obviously can't trust the people he Nerf's with, so he ought to be better off playing that way. What I said could solve so many arguments. If people did what they wanted too, and nothing was "nooby" or "gay" then people would be better off. And he gave one sentence insulting Zorn, I doubt he'd learn from that.

You still did not catch the sarcasm in Zorn's Post!? Did you even read his post? He was merely mocking the fact that that is how some people who join this site think. If you didn't catch that, he essentially described paintball.

#233143 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 28 May 2009 - 07:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I just realized, Teesdale Place is where my grandmother lives, I might be able to convince my dad that the drive to Scarborough is justified. So that means I'm a maybe!

#233233 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 29 May 2009 - 07:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Also if I am coming there is a strong chance that I will be bringing Dirtstache along with me.

#236691 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 16 June 2009 - 07:00 AM in Nerf Wars

As we draw closer, my chance for attendance becomes greater. Dirtstache however will not be coming. He has to go to his aunts house or some stupid family shit. It would seem he is avoiding outdoor wars.

Detonia park looks really cool. It looks like you could do some pretty sneaky stuff.

#237188 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 18 June 2009 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

As I am probably coming to this nerf war, me and my brother have some stuff to get rid of.

Heres the List:

2 Airtech Tek 4's (stock)
1 Buzz Bee RFS with 2 clips (stock)
1 SSPB (AR removed)
1 NF Spring
1 Firefly Spring
1 BBBB Shell (Poorly Spray Painted Black)
1 Modded Maverick (Shoots like a Stock Mav)
1 Oversized NF O-Ring (Can be used for a BBBB or something)

These things are for sale or for trade.

Looking specifically for PETG and foam that fits rather nicely in it.

Just for laughs im bringing a knock-off gun to give away to whoever is the MVP of the day.

/Trash Talk

Foof if you want to save some trouble you can just give it to me at the start of the war.

#237243 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 18 June 2009 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

Despite all this trash talk, the weather forecast does not look good. It says Thunderstorms. Not only does this make it difficult to war but also my mother does not want to be driving out there if it is a thunderstorm. I don't know about everyone else but I am available to war on a Sunday. Chances are if we look outside and it is pouring Rain with Thunder and Lightning I wont be there.

However on the other hand if it is nice and Sunny, I will definitely be there.

#237442 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 19 June 2009 - 03:19 PM in Nerf Wars

I shall see, today was supposed to rain and it was sunny all day. Perhaps we will be lucky. The forecast isn't predicting thunderstorms anymore. A light rain and I will most likely be there around 1

#237444 Angel Breech Question

Posted by Applefury on 19 June 2009 - 03:31 PM in Modifications

Follow hereticorp's assault rifle write up to the dot, except don't put tightening rings in the 9/16ths brass that has the half pipe cut out of it. Zap a gap a piece of 17/32 there instead, you will be good to go.

What the hell??
Didn't I ask you about this on IRC and you had a totally different answer.

#237660 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 20 June 2009 - 06:16 PM in Nerf Wars

The war was really fun, even though I was only there half the day.

Highlights -
- A real chocolate donut.
- A womans ass cheek that I could fit into.
- Scoring some nice hits with my Longshot and my 1500
- A pretty good turnout for rain.
- FLOOD GATES OF DOOM!
- Dumpster vowing to hit me in the face.
- Him never actually hitting me in the face.
- Trying out a new game from Gears Of War.
- FA_24 being the lonely guy in the middle.
- FA_24 suffering some seriously painful hits in those games.
- An altered version of zombies
- It starting to rain as soon as I got there.
- After k9 left it stopped raining again.
- ALSO!!!! Tank rat found a nice little bunker that also happened to control the FLOOD GATES OF DOOM

More to come as I think of them.

#237759 Scarborough Area Nerf War (canada) Or Scano

Posted by Applefury on 21 June 2009 - 10:33 AM in Nerf Wars

I forgot to mention this but.

- DQ / Legacy copping out on the last few rounds to ride on a spinny chair and a frog.

#237767 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by Applefury on 21 June 2009 - 11:24 AM in Nerf Wars

-Where: Goulding park near Younge and Steeles. You can look at the Map Here
-When: July 11th
-How long: 10:00AM-5:30PM
-Purpose: Just have fun with the warm weather. I know I like to nerf as much as I can.

Bathroom note: Goulding community center on site.

Safety Rules:
Eye protection for under 18. Dress appropriately for the weather.

Banned guns:
No Titans, No Homemade air guns No plugged BBBB ( Be nice if you have one unplugged, don't aim for the face.)
Titans will only be allowed if it is a 4 shot spread.

Instructions:
Bring a lunch, go into the Community Center or head over to Centerpoint mall. Also there is a pizza pizza down the street.

Games: wont go into details here but we will play most common games, ex: Team DM, CTF, Defend the core ,Guardian. We will mix it up!

Definites:
Applefury
Dude13
ForsakenAngel_24
Deaddumpster
Joeyaglr444
Hardshot (+1)
Foof
Weirdo
Hammerfist

Maybes:
Dirtstache
Codename: Pending
Dude13's guest
K9turrent
Zeta
Skinny Guy With Glasses

#237845 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by Applefury on 21 June 2009 - 06:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes, i am currently looking into other venues because of this reason. Goulding is a fall back location.

#238911 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by Applefury on 27 June 2009 - 05:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I am scouting for a new and better location all the time. However, If anything I can drape tarps from the trees to provide more cover.

Right now, the date is looking more like it will be the 11th.

#239174 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by Applefury on 29 June 2009 - 06:47 AM in Nerf Wars

The date is going to be the 11th, this is because out of the people that are preferring one date over another, more are leaning towards that one.

#239441 North York Canada War July 11th Recap

Posted by Applefury on 30 June 2009 - 03:59 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has any Modded Longshot clips lying around that I could buy that would be great.