Applefury's Content

There have been 196 items by Applefury (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#199554 Japanese Nite Finder Rip-off?

Posted by Applefury on 29 December 2008 - 12:55 PM in General Nerf

link2thefuture, He could become our Japanese correspondent and be our supplyer of beefed up Nitefinders, and that spring...mmmm

#199602 Japanese Nite Finder Rip-off?

Posted by Applefury on 29 December 2008 - 05:27 PM in General Nerf

People live in other parts of the world other than North America.

And that's all kids for your Geography lesson.

#199629 Japanese Nite Finder Rip-off?

Posted by Applefury on 29 December 2008 - 08:36 PM in General Nerf

How would nerf be crossbowing if you have even better guns like the PAS and Doomsayer?

#199968 Level 2 Singled Rfs

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 01:51 PM in Modifications

It's good but, still kind've impractical because providing both guns are singled and you use a flip breech on both where the RFS gets 90ft and 2k gets 80ft so basically you've got 4 shots of high range whereas if it was a turret you would have twelve. Thats just my thoguhts still on your specific singled RFS. But anyways nice job.

The only time I could and in your case single a RFS is when the rotational mech gets broken.

#200051 Level 2 Singled Rfs

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Just an idea for you A Side Of Nerf put the pump of the at2k in the pump of the RFS and that way the pump stroke of the RFS pumps the at2k once and then you can pump further times by just pulling back again.

#200107 Team Canada!

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 10:05 PM in Off Topic

Woot! Canada just beat USA in world juniors 7-4!
Tavaris got a hat trick.

Did anyone here actually watch the World Junior Hockey Championships?

#200111 Team Canada!

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 10:20 PM in Off Topic

Obviously not you, why exactly did you post in the thread?

#200113 Team Canada!

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 10:24 PM in Off Topic

Damn my Canadianess and love of hockey....

#200131 Nightfinder Manta Ray Mod

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 11:17 PM in Modifications

Theres a total of three Nightfinder Springs in each of the guns but its pretty hard to cock Plus we banded the plunger rod so it shoots faster and harder. The weights of the washers we were using in the stefans were size 8 washers

Thats freakish. I was modding my cousin's night finder an with a dtb and NF spring in it, and a cpvc barrel. We hit about ninety feet. When his account I will have him upload it. It was insane, but was acurately tested with a hundred foot tape, so i can tell you it was real. He was so proud it hit farther than my BBBB spring Ls. I showed him who was who with my +bow though...

Wait a second, throwing the gun doesn't count. A foam projectile has to come out of some sort of barrel.

No, but all jokes Aside Xtremejump thats bullshit, a dtb spring isnt that strong.

#200134 Team Canada!

Posted by Applefury on 31 December 2008 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

Me, I really get into this kind've stuff when multiple countries are involved. I just like to cheer for stuff. When I start watching the game I feel like the players are my brothers. Thats just me.

#200142 Happy New Year

Posted by Applefury on 01 January 2009 - 12:02 AM in Off Topic

FIRST OF 2009

#200186 Less Than Satisfactory Maverick

Posted by Applefury on 01 January 2009 - 09:12 AM in Modifications

Yes I await pics as well, but from what you've told me, I ran into some similar problems.
1.) Make sure the plunger tube is pressed tightly against the turret pull that part sticking out of the plunger tube out a little and put it back then try again.
2.) Make sure your turret is rotating properly, It might be that you've somehow damage the rotational mech and sometimes the turret rotates and others not. Or not enough.
3.) Check that the remains of the A R's you cut out are in proper position.

That is all I can say without pix.

#200503 Very Noobish Question

Posted by Applefury on 02 January 2009 - 10:47 AM in General Nerf

Search.

It's actually quite obvious.

#200504 Oh My God Mcdonalds.

Posted by Applefury on 02 January 2009 - 10:59 AM in Off Topic

I think someones a post whore?

#201007 Wcno Numero 2

Posted by Applefury on 04 January 2009 - 09:56 AM in Nerf Wars

Rokor and I are already working on something. Soon information will be released.

#201151 Snowboard

Posted by Applefury on 04 January 2009 - 09:12 PM in Off Topic

I been snowboarding for a year and I love it it's a blast, I just got my own snowboard and I like hitting big jumps and get big air. I recently got carving down and hit this 10 foot jump, my buddy gets 35ft of air on his skiis and 15ft on his board.

#201276 Massacre 2

Posted by Applefury on 05 January 2009 - 04:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I believe we went from 10-4:30/5:30 (Not Sure), not sure about this time though. I think we were supposed to get out earlier but Uncle fester convinced the caretaker to let us stay a little longer.

#201286 Snowboard

Posted by Applefury on 05 January 2009 - 05:29 PM in Off Topic

We snowboard at earl bales, its Bathurst and Sheppard.

#201372 Snowboard

Posted by Applefury on 05 January 2009 - 10:11 PM in Off Topic

Don't diss a sport just because you don't like it, hell I doubt you've ever even tried snowboarding. If you think snow hurts in comparison to water then....I don't quite understand. IMO when you fall off your board u hit the snow and most of the time it is like a cushion, when you are going like 10mph on your water skiis and you wipeout its going to hurt more than snow. Water smacks hard.

So in short, Shut Up.

Also this is a snowboarding thread, read above.

#201502 Team Canada!

Posted by Applefury on 06 January 2009 - 07:12 PM in Off Topic

I don't understand the reasoning, just because you like something else doesn't mean you have to dislike the other.

I like breasts, I don't dislike vagina.

#201671 Massacre 2

Posted by Applefury on 07 January 2009 - 05:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I currently have 1 guest attending.

#201765 The Playstation Network Topic

Posted by Applefury on 07 January 2009 - 10:50 PM in Off Topic

PSN ID: Grotak

Games: Call Of Duty 4

#202090 Massacre 2

Posted by Applefury on 09 January 2009 - 04:44 PM in Nerf Wars

There is much running and gunning involved.....

One moment you see garret shooting at your barricade, the next he's right beside you unloading darts up your ass.

Lesson of the day: Watch your ass.

#202101 Massacre 2

Posted by Applefury on 09 January 2009 - 05:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I have it, rotational mech snaped, so i glued it back together. It will be coming with me but I doub't it will get much use as I have a doomsayer, which has no need for a sidearm/ backup shot.

#202296 Massacre 2

Posted by Applefury on 10 January 2009 - 08:28 AM in Nerf Wars

I don't have money to buy guns but I have two 15$ I-tunes giftcards I won't use and I want to get a gun or something out of em

#202297 Springs Help

Posted by Applefury on 10 January 2009 - 08:34 AM in Modifications

Mcmaster does not ship into Canada.

#202465 Magnificent 7

Posted by Applefury on 10 January 2009 - 08:16 PM in General Nerf

The doomsayer does not make him and his team glow and become invincible. It takes me 2-3 seconds to flip the breech and reload the PAS I then load a stefan into the other side of the breech. In one swift 4 second motion I reload and ready to outrange a doomsayer whereas it takes him 1-2 seconds to re-prime the doomsayer.

If you are trying to balance the game more and make it closer and more dodging, might as well just have stock battles. We mod our guns to make them better.

Doomsayers are still wielded exclusively by humans, which last time I checked can only aim and focus at one target at once. He can't knockff a whole team simultaneously, or close to that for that matter.

My 2 cents, the doomsayer is beaten using these skills you keep mentioning.

#202473 Massacre 2

Posted by Applefury on 10 January 2009 - 08:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Highlights:

- Doing much better and getting much more kills then I did last war.
- Insane wingman matches with rokor as my partner first round we won we took out Crooked and FA almost simultaneously as the round started, then Crooked and FA dominated us where one round I was running like a bitch from FA only to have my gun pointed at him realizing I was out of ammo, running behind a barricade dropping my barrel screaming "TAP!TAP!TAP!" as FA ran over and shot me in the back.
- Long Team Deathmatches where I didn't lose a single life.
- Rushing alot more ( Also inspired by garret )
- Pistol rounds where I was caught in between FA and Crooked
- Royal Rumble, running into a corner shooting Chuckles, then Fester ,then Zander
- Guardian rounds where one of the captains was completely bunkered in side a gym wall
- That amazing headshot, damn
- Getting quite a few tap kills, one where I slid in and crooked and I tapped eachother at the same time.
- Crooked using Lionheart beastily throught the day, only to have it break in the last round.

My Doomsayer was shit and shot about 25 feet, earlier it was shooting 45ft hard and fast. The cold must have gotten to it. I'm going to further increase the seal to make it very good.

It was insanely fun and can't wait till the next one in march.

#202566 Massacre 2

Posted by Applefury on 11 January 2009 - 09:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Crookeds heart was broken when he saw FA jump straight up and touch the hoop.

Update: My doomsayer is in now full working order, I will be range testing if it warms up a bit. But i assume 90ft.
Going to open it again and see why turret isnt auto rotating.

#203545 Massacre 2

Posted by Applefury on 15 January 2009 - 12:50 PM in Nerf Wars

You have a crappy lube...

Naw, I'll pickup some O ring lube and make it sexy.

#206147 Longshot Question

Posted by Applefury on 25 January 2009 - 08:47 AM in Modifications

Thats most likely copper, brass is commonly found at Hobby Stores that sell RC cars and such, should be a few in your area.

Oh and, why would you reccomend doing an angel breech to a NEWBIE? No offense Nerf Special Forces but the Angel Brass Breech is very difficult and I doubt you can do it. You can try, but be willing to lose a longshot out of it. Another thing about the breech is that it requires lots of brass in many different sizes and it needs to be cut by a dremel with a metal cutting disk.

But if you want 95ft+ and wanna keep the clip Angel Breech is the way to go.

Attempt it at your own risk.

#206149 Air Xxl Bazooka Mod

Posted by Applefury on 25 January 2009 - 08:58 AM in Modifications

Banzai? My buddy recently picked up a banzai gun with the crank. Wasnt this, it had a 10 shot turret, the original darts flew about 35ft flat. After seeing this being from the same company I'm considering modifying his gun.

#207463 Spring Adding?

Posted by Applefury on 28 January 2009 - 10:15 PM in General Nerf

I've studied intensively what spring adding does to help the gun...Nothing! If you want more power you need more cubic centimeters of air to go through the chamber and adding springs don't do that, it just makes it harder to prime

Lolwut?

You mean that we've all been wrong all this time!? And the reason my spring added longshot goes farther then it did without the spring added is because somehow by adding the spring I increased the cubic centimeters of air going through the chamber? SWEET! I'm pro.

Note people he did say intensively, he could mean that he just went around and asked his friends in preschool if adding springs could make the dart shoot farther.

Your on the right track the right track though; A larger plunger tube is good but there is many factors to why the dart goes farther, and one just happens to be that the faster the air is released the more time it has to build a larger amount of pressure behind the dart to send it out faster.

I know you expected to be praised for finding out something so groundbreaking but.....maybe do extensive research instead of Intensive

#208032 The Hellbringer

Posted by Applefury on 30 January 2009 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

Everyone flaming just shut-up? Seriously, this guy posted the thread because he wanted comments on the gun and feedback. If it would have gone in the paintjobs thread, he couldn't get feedback on his gun there.

Yelling at this guy for posting this in his own thread will nto make your E-peen any larger.

#208266 Massacre 2 Videos.

Posted by Applefury on 31 January 2009 - 02:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome video, No mercy....that hurt.

No shooting under the barricades didn't count.

#208277 Nerf Tank

Posted by Applefury on 31 January 2009 - 03:17 PM in Off Topic

I don't think it's a good idea. Just my opinion [/sarcasm]

Yea. Retarded idea.

Oreally?

Cuz you just posted a topic about it.

Signifigant necro, check post dates before posting.

#208500 Massacre 2 Videos.

Posted by Applefury on 01 February 2009 - 12:51 AM in Nerf Wars

See the photo at the end there? That's the result of taking a doomsayer to the back after screaming "TAP TAP TAP!".

#208576 Steelers Vs. Cardinals

Posted by Applefury on 01 February 2009 - 11:57 AM in Off Topic

who cares i'll be skiing while this chickenshitbullshit is going down

Just cause your a scrawny little bitch doesn't mean you hate on football.

Steelers are my pick.

#211441 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 11 February 2009 - 04:31 PM in Nerf Wars

-Where: Goulding park near Younge and Steeles ( Map below ) LOCATION CHANGE!
-When: March 21st ( Thats a week after massacre 3 )
-How long: 10:00AM-5:00PM ( Maybe longer if people can move. )
-Purpose: Just have fun with the weather warming up. I know I like to nerf as much as I can.

Go to Massacre 3! Lose less darts, more people.
And if your not too tired, then come here a week later.

Bathroom note: Goulding community center on site.

Safety Rules:
Eye protection. Dress appropriately for the weather.

Banned guns:
No Titans, No Homemade air guns No plugged BBBB ( Be nice if you have one unplugged, don't aim for the face.)
Titans will only be allowed if it is a 4 shot spread.

Instructions:
Bring a lunch or we might put some money together and order pizza.

Games: wont go into details here but we will play most common games, ex: Team DM, CTF, Flag Push/Pull, Guardian. We will mix it up!

Definites:
Applefury +2
Forsaken_angel24
Rokor
Foof
Dude13
Pearson2
Keitan
DQ

Maybes:
Deadumpster
Glint

Where it is.
Posted Image

As for parking, there is a parking lot.
Playing Area:
Posted Image

#211447 Spring Toronto War!

Posted by Applefury on 11 February 2009 - 04:57 PM in Nerf Wars

A great thing about the location is that there is many ttc stops a 5min walk away from the park.