umpshaplapa's Content

There have been 435 items by umpshaplapa (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#249811 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by umpshaplapa on 06 September 2009 - 11:09 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, so the same thing happened to me. I popped in and posted a link because I wanted feedback on the thread, and Chanserv banned me. Could someone with op please undo this? If not, how long is the ban time?

I think it only lasts about 4 hours. Happened to me once.

#249693 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 05 September 2009 - 08:53 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, if anybody has any guns they could lend out as loaners, PLEASE bring them. I've have had a few people asking my about providing them with a gun, and I don't have that many.

#249422 Search Is A Pain

Posted by umpshaplapa on 02 September 2009 - 04:18 PM in Off Topic

Type "(what you want to search) site:nerfhaven.com" into google.

#249387 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by umpshaplapa on 01 September 2009 - 10:17 PM in Off Topic

Infection. Halo 3. Right now.
GT=umpshaplapa.

#249285 Lbb Coupler Extension With Nf Integration

Posted by umpshaplapa on 31 August 2009 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

I LOVE the paint on the LBB. I've been trying to find a good purple paint, what did you use?

#249279 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 31 August 2009 - 10:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds like fun, count me in.

Can't wait to see what you are doing with a big salvo jumpy.

I'm sad to say it, but you won't see it till you guys get down here. I can't make this one. Mom's having surgery the week before and this is withing the required 2 week recovery. I get to be a maid, BUT there should be a war in mid to late October. There will be some deathmatch, then we activate the massive HvZ game that will last the remainder of that night. Be excited!

You guys have fun, and Nerkum, BE AFRAID. Salvo will eats you.

Damn jumpy, that war sounds Effeminate. Looks like I'm gonna have to make an HvZ salvo. 12" clips anyone?

#249265 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 31 August 2009 - 09:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds like fun, count me in.

Can't wait to see what you are doing with a big salvo jumpy.

I have a hellcannon of mine to rival yours. :lol:

#249247 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 31 August 2009 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

If the war starts at 10, I'll probably be a little late.

Also, I have a few spare pistols to lend out if people need them.

Not a problem. I'm working on some loaner blasters as well. I'll probably have 1-2, depending on how many of my friends can come.

#249238 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 31 August 2009 - 07:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I will be there with my family. :lol:
What time should I be there?

Im screwed. My Longshot needs to undergo a complete overhaul (from AR removal/spring addition[current version], to a near godlike state[anything other than mine]) Luckily I live 5 minutes from an Ace and a Home Depot. :)

I'd get there around 10. I'll edit the 1st post accordingly.

#249212 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 31 August 2009 - 05:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Move my guest up to the definites, and put another one under maybe.

Will do. I need to start asking more people if they can come.

#249200 Recon Shooting Stock Darts

Posted by umpshaplapa on 31 August 2009 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

Does it shoot screamers and suction tip darts? When I tried to do the same thing the dart tooth with pinch the end of the dart, so it was stuck in place.

#248751 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 27 August 2009 - 06:33 AM in Nerf Wars

Me and fang113 (both from FU) will be there.

Awesome.

#248465 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 24 August 2009 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe. All about making darts, getting a ride and getting that new primary.

But If I come I'll bring AssassinNF (probably) And Reid and Jeremy.

Haha jumpy, if you come we'll have to have another ATL VS Other states CTF round.

I couldn't bring too many people. I don't know how much of a reality that would be..

I need to finish my big salvo before the war too. That thing is gonna pwn. More than nerkums.

Speaking of nerkum, where is that dude? He should have been on this instantly.

#248346 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 23 August 2009 - 09:20 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe. All about making darts, getting a ride and getting that new primary.

But If I come I'll bring AssassinNF (probably) And Reid and Jeremy.

Haha jumpy, if you come we'll have to have another ATL VS Other states CTF round.

#248344 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 23 August 2009 - 09:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Perhaps the same week in October? My son is due to be born within the next 3 weeks, at least he would be a few weeks old by then. It will also be easier for me to get time off of work then too.

Maybe have another one then or something? I'd be up for it. I guess I'll see what the rest of the people think.

#248339 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 23 August 2009 - 08:23 PM in Nerf Wars

I would love to make another GA war, but the 19th wont work for me. If this was a few weeks later I could probably make the trip again.---Rogue.

What week(s) were you thinking of?

#248303 2009 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by umpshaplapa on 23 August 2009 - 03:21 PM in Nerf Wars

September:

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17608 url]September 19th [GA]FANO[/url] 

#248226 Crossbow Mod Supplement

Posted by umpshaplapa on 22 August 2009 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the information; it will come in handy when the thing eventually breaks on me.

I recently acquired the shell and plunger tube of a lock 'n load so I rebuilt the internals using flattened PVC pipe (sch40 for the trigger and sch80 for both both parts of the catch), and it works great. I war tested it today with surprisingly good results. Granted, the crossbow catch is a bit larger and under more stress, but I think I could get it to work after a few revisions.

I expect the catch to go before the plunger rod and I'm a bit wary of steel on plastic. Do you think the steel catch would work with the stock plunger rod?

Also, is CaptainSlug still selling the replacements? (I know this is the wrong way to go about seeking this information but I'm wary of PMing him after he posted a thread asking people not to. Though, I can't say I blame him.)

I know a guy who has a metal plunger, and it wore away the plastic catch until it misfired. Maybe he did something wrong, though.

#248158 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 22 August 2009 - 04:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm unlikely to be able to make this. And just for the record, the SGSL is essentially just a 4B in a different shell.

Thanks, you reminded me about plugged BBBBs.

#248136 Fano

Posted by umpshaplapa on 22 August 2009 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I've decided to stop talking about hosting a war and actually do it.

Where:
McClatchy Park, Atlanta, GA.
64 East Park Ln NE
Atlanta, GA 30309 is the address of a house right by the park, not the parks real address.

When:
October 10th, unless a large amount of people want to change that.

Banned guns:
Singled Titans, plugged and Singled signal launchers, plugged and singled BBBBs,and anything else deemed unsafe.
What to bring:

WATER, eye protection, DARTS., a primary, another in case that one breaks, and a pistol if you want. And of course, bring a good attitude. If your being a dick then you'll be asked to leave.

I have pictures on my photobucket. The first 9 are the primary location, with rest are the back up spot, which is a bout a 90 second drive away.

Forgot to say, get there around 10. we'll go until everyone has had enough.

If I missed anything, just tell me. This is my first war thread.
Definites: 14
Me
Flyingchicken+1
Colesalt100 (youtube)
zipx
fang113
ArsenicAnarchy
Nerkum
Zaxbys+2
rork+3

Maybes: 3
My guest.
Chicken's guests. X2.

#248049 Barrel Spacer Templates

Posted by umpshaplapa on 21 August 2009 - 10:20 PM in Homemades

I know the dimension. I just wanted to know if there is some special drill bit you could use for .572. it's a iittle bigger than a 9/16" drill bit, and a little smaller than 19/32. However, I've never seen a drill bit that big come in increments smaller than 1/16.

I believe he said he used a 9/16" bit and then just carefully filed it out until it fit.

#247930 Quick Check Valve Help

Posted by umpshaplapa on 20 August 2009 - 11:05 PM in General Nerf

7757K41

#247667 Question For Winter

Posted by umpshaplapa on 19 August 2009 - 05:15 PM in General Nerf

It will probably affect your darts more. They will shrink, becoming looser in your barrel. Unless you smash your gun on something hard, I don't think anything that bad will happen.

#247569 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 August 2009 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

Hi, during my suspension I've been busy.
First, my brassed SM5K.
Posted Image
Next, my AT3K. Pump plugged, replaced pump handle, PVC coupler, and removed plastic so pump can go further.
Posted Image
Finnaly, my In-line clipped RFSG. Silver paint on stock, handle and pump handle. Holds 4 stefans per barrel. Hits 90-100. Maybe banned?
Posted Image

#247550 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 August 2009 - 08:29 PM in Darts and Barrels

I'm tired of mile high foam being destroyed in 2 seconds. What FBR is out there that has a Snug fit in PETG? I looked at swiftnerf's foam, and it seemed to expensive for me.

#242584 Paintjobs

Posted by umpshaplapa on 18 July 2009 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Guys, stop posting.

#242289 I Will Take Contracts [ Selected Mods ]

Posted by umpshaplapa on 16 July 2009 - 05:16 PM in General Nerf

Is there any examples of your previous work?

#241478 At2k Issue

Posted by umpshaplapa on 11 July 2009 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

Seem's pretty impossible to me. You could cut open the tank, and superglue it on. The rubber might not even be air-tight anymore after that, though.

#241450 I'm Having Some Issues With My New Doomsayer...

Posted by umpshaplapa on 11 July 2009 - 01:38 PM in General Nerf

It's probably the simple dart/barrel fit. If they're firing when they are at the end of the barrel, odds are your darts are too tight.

Yea, I'm starting to think that Doomsayers require an UBER-loose dart fit because CPVC is what I use with all my other weapons and it works great.

They don't. I use Mile High + PETG in mine, which is a pretty snug/tight dart-barrel fit, and I'm getting 90-110' flat. However, when I use a looser dart, such as Mod Man red foam, the dart literally doesn't even leave the barrel.
On your gun, were you positive to leave a rim around the turret to hold it against the plunger tube? And on both sides? Other than that, you may want to check the rotation mech, as said before, and make sure the pushnuts on the rod aren't too tight or too loose. You just want them to be secure enough to hold the thing together, without compressing the hot-glued spring all the way.

A way you can tell if you messed that up is simple. Point your gun up, and try to fire it. Now point your gun down, and try again. If it fires the first, but not the second, you probably cut to much off.
If this does happen, try a few more times to make sure it wasn't just a coincidence.

#241326 I'm Having Some Issues With My New Doomsayer...

Posted by umpshaplapa on 10 July 2009 - 06:22 PM in General Nerf

Alright, I'm going to bed now but i think the problem is that the rotation mech spring, even with all the hot glue is too weak. I don't really understand AssassinNF's method though. If someone could explain that it would be much appreciated. Anyway thanks for all your input.

He placed "7-8" pieces of craft foam in the place the springs goes. The real thing that makes his method stronger though is glueing the two other "gear disks" together.

#241123 Crossbows

Posted by umpshaplapa on 09 July 2009 - 05:17 PM in General Nerf

You can say how over-priced they are all you want. But if I'm selling a crossbow, why would I want to sell it for $60 instead of 5 times that?

#240629 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by umpshaplapa on 07 July 2009 - 11:50 AM in Off Topic

I'm probably getting my xbox repaired sometime in the next three days. Once I do, I'll be playing Halo and CoD 4 and 5.
GT=umpshaplapa

#239905 N-strike Clipped Pas

Posted by umpshaplapa on 02 July 2009 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

Thanks, this is the first PJ I haven't fucked up. I'm pretty damn bad at cosmetics, so this turning out well was a miracle on its own.

Haha, I know how you feel. I do pretty much the same thing as you. Two colors, only taping nice smooth lines.

This mod is fucking ridiculous! Major props on actually completing it! The metal connecting the priming handle to the "BCN" looks like it could bend. I know that the forces on it aren't actually that strong, since your pulling on it when priming the gun, but does it feel sturdy enough?

#239871 Improving The R S C B

Posted by umpshaplapa on 02 July 2009 - 06:52 PM in Darts and Barrels

Check out this thing Nerkum did.
EDIT- With the ball valve you can set up another "clip" in the back. I did it with a BBBB here. You have to scroll down to get to my post.

#238845 How To Integrate A Firefly Turret

Posted by umpshaplapa on 26 June 2009 - 11:09 PM in Modifications

It auto-aligns due to the rotation mech right? I think you need to take a break from modding for a bit man. Creating so much awesomeness in such a short time can't be healthy.

#238592 How Did You Break Your Longshot?

Posted by umpshaplapa on 25 June 2009 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

Sounds like a plan. I would also recommend reinforcing the bolt sled with something.

#238578 Seno 2009

Posted by umpshaplapa on 25 June 2009 - 04:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, just wondering if it was okay if we push the end time from 6:00 PM to 5:00 PM.

NEVAH!

Its time for a new episode of "Veggy's Weather Forecast"

High: 96
Low: 76
Chance of precipitation: 30%
UV Index: 10+ Extreme
Humidity: 64%

Veggy, what did we learn from the tune-up war? The weather reports don't really matter. Dam 96 with 65% humidity. Gonna be HOT.

#238563 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by umpshaplapa on 25 June 2009 - 02:47 PM in Off Topic

My xbox got the RROD. Pisses my the fuck off because I just bought that one as a replacement.

#238431 Which One?

Posted by umpshaplapa on 24 June 2009 - 04:44 PM in General Nerf

I would say use 17/32" brass for springers. Use PVC with the suction cup darts, if you use PVC.

#238393 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by umpshaplapa on 24 June 2009 - 02:10 PM in Modifications

My just completed guns. First we have my spin0off of BS's Stormbringer, complete with pistol splat.
Posted Image
It's been Ice singled, but the barrel is PETG. I gooped a small piece of 5/8" brass on the barrel, and barely sanded out the tee coupler. It's 100% airtight.
Posted Image
Next is my brassed SM1.5K, brassed AT3K, and PETG'ed AT2K. Nothing that special.
Posted Image
Finnaly my longshot, angel breached, and with an awesome shotgun grip idea created by flatspunout on nerfhq. Here's a link.
Posted Image