bigred1rifleman's Content

There have been 300 items by bigred1rifleman (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#201150 Looking For Help Developing A Nerf Based Larp System

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 04 January 2009 - 09:11 PM in Nerf Wars

We respect Nerf, why won't anyone respect LARP? We don't drive around calling you guys dorks or little kids. Why don't you just keep your mouth shut if you don't have anything nice to say (your mother should have taught you that)?! PLEASE DON'T BE A JERK BECAUSE OF PEOPLES INTERESTS AND HOBBIES (your mothers should have taught you that, too)!

~Br1

#201113 Looking For Help Developing A Nerf Based Larp System

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 04 January 2009 - 07:19 PM in Nerf Wars

What does "LARP" mean.

Live Action Role Play. Home made foam weapons, you just run around hitting each other.

#200954 At3k Cpvc Mod?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 03 January 2009 - 11:13 PM in Modifications

I wouldn't suggest CPVC if you're making turrets over 4" out of CPVC, they're heavy enough to fall off. I have an 8" quad turreted AT2K that the barrels will become crooked if you leave it on it's side.

#200573 Looking For Help Developing A Nerf Based Larp System

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 January 2009 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmm, I play that kinda Nerf with my dad, my little brother, and my friends. Those rules sound good and similar to ours.

~Br1

PS: I pm'd you my email.

you guys wear armor and swing a sword in addition to firing a maelstrom of nerf projectiles? if that's true, you have the coolest dad ever. ;)

My ultimate goal is play as a character remarkably similar to Snake Eyes and not do any math while fighting. No system I've found yet will let me do that, so I'm making my own. ^_^

We don't wear armor, but we do have custom shields, homemade swords, an axe, a mace, some daggers, and completely and utterly modded Nerf guns. I'm planning on making a 3-headed flail, too. Another great thing is that there's a golf course in our back yard that we're aloud to use.

#200562 Looking For Help Developing A Nerf Based Larp System

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 January 2009 - 01:45 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmm, I play that kinda Nerf with my dad, my little brother, and my friends. Those rules sound good and similar to ours.

~Br1

PS: I pm'd you my email.

#200482 Homemade Flash Bang Grenade

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 January 2009 - 09:32 AM in Homemades

Stick a couple of firecrackers in a big Easter egg filled with paper roil caps. BANG BANG FWOOSHEEW!

#200477 Vulcan Gears Of War Paintjob

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 January 2009 - 09:14 AM in General Nerf

Is that box from an army surplus store?

If anyone wants to buy one they're easily found for less than $20 through cheaperthandirt.com
http://www.cheaperth....aspx?catid=290

If you live in Michigan, "Young's army navy-surplus and survival games" has ammo boxes varying in price, size, and round size/type. I got a decent sized 5.56 (armalite) box for 10 round magazines loaded with blanks for only $11. Young's also has a website. youngsarmy.com

#200471 Looking For Help Developing A Nerf Based Larp System

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 02 January 2009 - 08:58 AM in Nerf Wars

So you're trying to cross Nerf with LARP? I also love both, but I live in Michigan so I'd have to PM every chunk of info. Sounds like fun. What specifically do you need help for? We do cross overs around here, too. I can probably help a little.

~Br1

#200256 Kalamazoo War

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 January 2009 - 04:21 PM in General Nerf

sorry about that, I'm making stefans and burned myself

First off, no one cares that you burned yourself. You should have looked it up yourself before posting. On topic, any dates you have in mind? There are plenty of people interested in nerfing in Michigan. The trick however is getting them organized and to the war. As I recall, there was a war attempted here during the summer. I have no idea why it failed.

In fact, I do have a on some dates. Most likely spring thaw, or sometime during my one week spring vacation.
I don't know for sure but I'll update when I do know. :wacko:

#200241 Kalamazoo War

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 January 2009 - 03:24 PM in General Nerf

Kalamazoo is in South West Michigan, you could have just looked it up (no offense).

#200237 Kalamazoo War

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 January 2009 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

How hard is it to host a war? I have alot of guns, and there are alot of places to Nerf in Kalamazoo. Seems like if you have the people, the guns, and the land, it should be easy, but I've never tried. I'm also not sure how far in advance I should post it. If anyone has any advice or opinions please comment. Please vote!

~Br1

PS: I won't be using a bow, I'll probably use my quad mod at2k.

#200235 Nerfing In Cold Weather?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 01 January 2009 - 02:42 PM in General Nerf

Warnings: PVC will shatter if left out side and then pressurized. Darts will shrink.
Don't use pvc or cpvc barrels, they'll break. Don't over pressurize guns in the winter, the parts can snap (I broke a couple of pumps from this).

Suggestions: Wear gloves, my fingers went numb the other day from not wearing them. Use brass or PETG for barrels. Don't get snow in guns. Don't leave your guns out side for over 45 minutes (switch back and forth between guns). Don't let your darts get to wet (they'll shrink). Use tighter barrels and/or wider darts.

~Br1 :wacko:

#199642 Bows And Arrows As Nerf Weapons?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 29 December 2008 - 09:52 PM in Off Topic

I think you are just trying to get out of modding a gun. Regardless of how much foam you put on an arrow I nor most people on this forums will let you shoot us with your bow. End of story.

I am not trying to get out of modding a gun, I've modded quite a few guns, I just like archery more than firearms, or guns, or blasters.

#199546 Bows And Arrows As Nerf Weapons?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 29 December 2008 - 12:36 PM in Off Topic

What happens if the foam comes off in mid flight and you put an arrow through somebodies kidney. To put this flatly, it is a very stupid idea that has been posted here before, hell, the old topic is still on the first page. It was shut down because of the same reason this will be, it is very unsafe, and very stupid.

It's extremely hard to pull the foam off letalone have it come of in mid-air

#199542 Bows And Arrows As Nerf Weapons?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 29 December 2008 - 12:21 PM in Off Topic

Apparently no one believes me still. Hereticorp said that a 175 lb crossbow or 75 lb compound bow would be dangerous, I SAID 20 lbs TO 35 lbs. IT IS ONLY DANGEROUS WHEN USED OR MADE INCORRECTLY. Stop flaming me because you guys don't know basic safety skills.
~Br1

#199532 Bows And Arrows As Nerf Weapons?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 29 December 2008 - 11:39 AM in Off Topic

No one believed me when I said bows are effective Nerf weapons. This isn't proof, and it isn't exact, but it's essentially why we use bows. This actually does work. As long as you're more than 20 feet away, it actually won't hurt. We use our lighter bows for this, 20-35 lbs (A 35 lbs bow will leave a welt if you're less than 20 ft away though). We can get 150' flat range (with bows 2 and 3, bow 1 is angled) without pain at 20 ft though, that's why were using bows.

I was the test dummy for 3 different kinds of bows with 3 different kinds of arrows.

Bow 1: Wooden long bow, 20 lbs
Bow 2: Aluminum recurve, high 20 lbs
Bow 3: green camp bow recurve (Boy Scout), 35 lbs

Arrow 1: Foam container on carbon fiber filled with foam pellets, fail with bow 3, pass with 1 & 2
Arrow 2: Break away arrow made of 4 insulation pieces on a handmade wooden shaft. Pass with 1, 2, and 3.
Arrow 3: Various sizes of foam padding for an extremely soft and durable tip on carbon fiber. Pass with 1, 2, and 3.

I may put up instructions for a bow and the arrows in the homemade section, if the moderators/admins say it's okay.
~Br1

#199068 Nerf?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 26 December 2008 - 09:27 PM in General Nerf

Would foam tipped arrows for real bows count as NERF? If so I'll post a how to in the home mades section of the forums. They have the same or more range as NERF depending on the draw wieght and length. I am going to use them in my next nerf war. I also use various foam weapons ( swords and knives mostly ). Would those also be considered nerf since they are foam?

~Br1

#198989 Snapbow Trigger

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 26 December 2008 - 03:17 PM in Modifications

Now before I ask this question, I must warn you, I AM A NOOB. I'm guessing that most people know this. It is hopefully a simple question. Here you go. How does the clothes pin trigger on a snap bow trigger work?! :P

#198959 Basic Idea For A Longbow

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 26 December 2008 - 12:08 PM in Homemades

My father and his friends make real bows and they would probably be glad to help me with a prototype of this. Another possibility is making a detachable rig for the bow that allows it to fire stefans. We currently just rap the end of the arrows in foam :P

#197969 Kzoo Nerfers?

Posted by bigred1rifleman on 22 December 2008 - 09:20 AM in Nerf Wars

How many nerfers live in the south west michigan area? I just wondered because no one hosts any nerf wars around here and there are lots of great places to. Is anyone going to host a war around here any time next year?