nerfer34's Content

There have been 1000 items by nerfer34 (Search limited from 14-January 93)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#79433 What Barrel Material For What Gun?

Posted by nerfer34 on 10 April 2006 - 03:26 PM in General Nerf

OK I am in a "dilema" I guess you can say. I have a very tough desicion to make. Here it is - Ok so I have a few guns I want to mod and I want you guys to help me decide which material should go on which gun.
OK GUNS NEEDED TO BE MODDED
-LNL
-EAB
-soon a BBB
-maverick(I have a mod which uses a lot of material)
-at3k( 6 barrels)

OK here are my materials
-baically unlimited brass!
- about a foot of PETG
-unlimited cpvc
- over a foot of this really nice material that is like PETG

I hate cpvc because my stefans really barely fit in after severe ramroding. I think Forsaken angel would agree with me. I wantt to make good use of my PETG and my other good material

SO WHICH GUNS SHOULD BE MODDED WITH WHAT MATERIAL?

#79441 What Barrel Material For What Gun?

Posted by nerfer34 on 10 April 2006 - 03:34 PM in General Nerf

Um I bought the pETG from some on nerfhaven and buying brass with someone on nerfhaven.

If you can help(which would be great) please list the guns and thewn the barrel material next to it- IE
LNL- brass

Thanks

EDIT- Shindig- I have used search but there aren't many PETG mods out there so before I cut my rare PETG up I'd like to know if PETG goes better with a certain gun. The gun I am mainly concerned about is the LNL because it is pretty expensive. I've seen CX mod it with brass but he said he didn't get too good ranges so I am wondering if something will work better.

#104074 What Are The Relative Merits Of The Rf20 And Magstrike?

Posted by nerfer34 on 05 May 2007 - 05:18 PM in General Nerf

Both great autos. I have modded my RF20 and its amazing. It gets close to my NF ranges!

The Magstrike does have a much faster reload time though.

I couldn't tell you which is better, you can't go wrong with either.

#128451 Well... I Need Some Suggestions

Posted by nerfer34 on 03 November 2007 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

I meant "how can I make the Pecan better?"

Hmmm.... I'm thinking of adding another pump.....*begins*

#128434 Well... I Need Some Suggestions

Posted by nerfer34 on 03 November 2007 - 02:00 PM in Modifications

Well I just bought Bags' beastly FuckingPecan. It's a really cool anf fun gun to use. Epecialy ince I nerf indoors. But the reload time is going to kill me SO, I need to add something to this so I can either reload faster or have another gun integrated on or something.

I'm open to any ideas here.

I do have the following guns that I can do some sort of integrations with-

NF
DTG
AT2K
2k turrets
Big Salvo
RF20 muhaha

Thanks for the gun Bags!

#128591 Well... I Need Some Suggestions

Posted by nerfer34 on 04 November 2007 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

Hmmm.......

I've gotten a lot of good ideas.

This may turn into a project here. I got it!

#82894 Weird Mav Slider Problem

Posted by nerfer34 on 07 June 2006 - 01:49 PM in General Nerf

Well I have a very nice maverick and really want this to work. I have spent over $20 and over 2 hours working on my mav. I was shooting it and then it just stopped cocking correctly. It wouldn't catch. So I opeened it up and found the steel rod(holds both ends of slider cock togeter) bent. The little yellow hole that holds each end of the steel rod are ruined. I have tried gluing them but it just won't hold. I am intereested in a maverick steel rod and slider if anyone has some spare parts. Also can anyone help?

#82916 Weird Mav Slider Problem

Posted by nerfer34 on 07 June 2006 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

YA the steel rod is bent. The slider part of the mav is kind of broken too. Ryan I am very interested in your parts. What parts do you have? Also my parts were painted red too, so perfect!

#128057 Weird Airtech 2000 Problem

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 October 2007 - 07:35 PM in Modifications

Cut the bic Pen shorter.

#73264 Ways To Shoot A Dart.

Posted by nerfer34 on 15 February 2006 - 10:19 PM in Homemades

Vortex makes a gun called an airzooka? O well I never knew that and I am not talking about vortex. Sorry if I confused you. Well anyways it is a pretty popular thing and basically like a canon with no spring or anything. you just pull back the little knob and then th air capturing device(almost like a strong bag) is pulled back and when it is released a lot of air come out and it could blow your hair from about 15 feet away.

#73260 Ways To Shoot A Dart.

Posted by nerfer34 on 15 February 2006 - 09:52 PM in Homemades

I would try to build a homeade by taking the "airzooka" idea. By making a huge bag like thing and have it pulled back to capture all of the air and to launch the dart.

#100450 Watch Out Ebayers

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 February 2007 - 04:07 PM in Off Topic

Well I was selling my X-Box on ebay(because I nnow have 360) and someone told me to end the auction I'll pay _____. So I looked up their Feedback and it was 100% but only 6 people left it on them. SO I figured to=he most I could lose was the insertion fee was like $2.50 and even then I could relist it. So I ended the auction.

The person's emails sound very elaborate and easily believeable. The person said they were dealing with WESTERN UNION. With Western Union, the seller supposivly sends the money and then the seller(me) must sship the item and give western union the tracking number. At this point I thought that the person was fraudulant. So I looked it up and its a real thing, BUT I looked at peopl's comments on it and they say that it is INSECURE.

And I now refuse to take payment from Western Union.

SO DON"T TAKE PAYMENT FROM WESTERN UNION.

#97337 War Stories

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 December 2006 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

I am only an indoor nerfer so no long range miracle shots from me. But I've had my one moment. My ONLY moment.

It was about 2 months ago when I was invincible. I was a messahia. My friends couldn't believe what I was doing.

In the total of 8 rounds we played, I hit 28 people(yes I counted) and never got hit.

Some of the amazing moves I pulled:
- I left a loaded sspb on the railing of my staircase. I was parallel to it, about 15-20 feet away. I realized it was pointing in my enemies direction so I thought why not. I pulled out my NF and shot, I hit the sspb's ttrigger and a second later, I hear" "What the-". I hit him in the chest.
-I had a regularly modded SF(2 barrels) , I shot the both shots and I got 2 headshots
-I had no ammo and I saw my opponent walk past me( I was hiding behind the door) and he was loosly carrying his magstrike and I snuck up behind him, grabbed the gun and put 10 shots into him.

#77267 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 March 2006 - 08:59 PM in Homemades

Design before you build. It will save you alot of time then going back and forth.

Well what did you think I was going to do??

Carbon- Thanks ...OK I'll check out the SNAP 2 and SNAP 3. Which SNAP do you think is easier/better overall performance.

#77165 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 21 March 2006 - 09:47 PM in Homemades

OK thanks guys. I will
-use Carbon's trigger
-use stefans

I am now planning to make pump gun. I want to be able to prime it about 4 times and then get like 65-70 feet flat. Or can I get those ranges with a spring?

Can I just have feedback on which gun gets better range and is pretty simple(for a first homeade)- the KISS or the SNAP-1?

#77227 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 March 2006 - 03:24 PM in Homemades

I don't own a dremel( no one in my family builds stuff) so will it still be easy to build the SNAP? I have decided to build a SNAP.

Death's avatar- I am a beginner at homeades so I am only going to make 1 of the 2 and I am not expert enough yet to create my own design and be a sucess.

The only problem that I have with the SNAP is the trigger. DOn't get me wrong I think It's ingenoiius but it seems like it will bend and break and you could shoot the gun by accident.
Carbon could you leave feedback of how good your trigger is please? Thanks

#77148 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 21 March 2006 - 08:20 PM in Homemades

OK I want to make a homeade rifle with a clip. I am really starting to take interest in this after Bolt, Carbon, and partially davidbowie inspired me! I am capable of doing this. I can mod most nerf guns well but this would be my first homeade. Can someone give me a simple idea that is effective. I want ranges of about 50 + feet. I also have a few questions
-Is it possibly to make a clip to hold stock darts?
Any help would be greatly appreciated?

#77275 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 March 2006 - 09:17 PM in Homemades

OK I have finalized my decision. I am going to make the SNAP-3. BUT if it is okay with Carbon can I slightly change the outer appearance of the SNAP 3? For example maybe throw on a different stock or something like that?

Also I can't seem to find a complete write up to the SNAP-3. Can you direct it to me?

#77283 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 March 2006 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

OK great take your time with the write up and I'll just wait a bit untill there is a write up and then start building.

#84373 Wally-mart

Posted by nerfer34 on 05 July 2006 - 01:20 PM in General Nerf

The magstrike is at my local walmart! As I said before the guns go from east coast to west coast. I don't think I'll be getting one because my parents don't want me to.

#84382 Wally-mart

Posted by nerfer34 on 05 July 2006 - 03:37 PM in General Nerf

HAHA. Well Yea I'll probably end up getting one. My mom said "no" becaus esdhe was in a bad mood this morning. I'll end up getting one but I don't know when. Maybe tomorrow?.....

#158256 Vulcan Firing Video Found!

Posted by nerfer34 on 06 June 2008 - 03:05 PM in General Nerf

I think this gun is going tosucks. Think about it. It's run by battery(mainly) and gets 5'. I could put a dart in my mouth flick a dart further than the vulcan shoots. Atleast all the other guns like the FF, mav, LS, DTG, stock got into the 20-30's in range. BUT 5'!?

The only other gun I know of that gets 5' stock is the at2k and that's a whole different story because its air powered. But this thing is gonna be a bitch.

But Obviously I'm still going to buy it. The gun looks pretty cool even if you threw 2 magstrike in there and just use the vulcan's shell.

#76765 Vortex Rings Questions

Posted by nerfer34 on 18 March 2006 - 03:22 PM in General Nerf

OK thanks , I thought that was the issue and thanks Ompa, that's exactly my issue, I don't have any rings and I wanted to know which works . Thanks

#76682 Vortex Rings Questions

Posted by nerfer34 on 17 March 2006 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

Can the green vortex rings fit into the vortex tornado or does it ONLY take red rings?

#101701 Vinyl Dye

Posted by nerfer34 on 02 April 2007 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

Krylon Fusion also works very well. Krylon Fushion actually bonds and mixes into the plastic.

#86384 Video Games

Posted by nerfer34 on 03 August 2006 - 07:40 AM in Off Topic

Halo 2, battle field 2 , and some baseball and football games.

#81348 Vets Getting Love?

Posted by nerfer34 on 06 May 2006 - 11:27 AM in General Nerf

I have a bunch of "old school" guns- like the LNL, electric eel, EAB, SF, powerstrike etc. I personally think the old guns are better with the exception of the air tech series and the NF.

#295591 Valve Question

Posted by nerfer34 on 08 March 2011 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

Ya Draconis I'm building my own. It's pretty tough to get everything to align and for the glues to stay but I should be able to make it happen.

And Falcon, A 1" ball valve is too long for what I need.

Thanks for the help.

#295499 Valve Question

Posted by nerfer34 on 07 March 2011 - 01:33 PM in General Nerf

Hey all I was wondering if any of you can lead me to a plastic valve that is wide (about 1" inch diameter) but very thin. This valve doesn't need to be airtight. I'm just using it for openning/closing(obviously).

Would a butterfly valve be the best bet here?

Thanks

#295563 Valve Question

Posted by nerfer34 on 08 March 2011 - 12:20 PM in General Nerf

It will be controlling a powder. Like gatorade powder or koolaid powder. I checked all of home Depot and a salesman there recomended checking an auto shop. Does anyone have any other ideas?

This will be greatly appreciated.

#93486 Usb 2.0

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 November 2006 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Kind of a sloppy mod for an XBOW. But pretty nice.

How can you "get out of nerf"? I probably won't like ever "get out of it".....

I still don't understand when people say that.

#91648 Unique Guns?

Posted by nerfer34 on 09 October 2006 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

Not true. The Longshot is basically a Sawtooth and the Nstrike Rifle is basically a blastfire.

The longshot is basically a sawtooth? What are you talking about? Last time I checked the sawtooth didn't have a scope/bipod, bolt action, 2 guns to it, and 80' + ranges. The hornet is similar to the Blastfire but the blastfire is not as wide and I think performs better, and is more consistent.

#91633 Unique Guns?

Posted by nerfer34 on 09 October 2006 - 07:17 PM in General Nerf

The Double Shot is a very unique gun because it look very realistic

O yea, the yellow is REALLY realistic looking. No but I get what you are saying.

Well every gun is kind of unique in its own way....

#97781 Turreted Big Blast...of Doom

Posted by nerfer34 on 05 January 2007 - 10:29 PM in Modifications

That thing is awesome!

Nice work connecting the springs to help manual rotation!

#81390 Turning Down "velocity"

Posted by nerfer34 on 06 May 2006 - 07:55 PM in General Nerf

Is it possible to make your gun shoot a little less hard? I am saying this because we only play indoor wars( combat within 40 feet) and I am using an at2k. Now this thing just flies as you know. This thin makes a loud noise on the wall and I just don't want to make several people bleed. NO one call me a wimp or anything. I play paintball and stuff and they don't hurt at all.
Thanks

#81431 Turning Down "velocity"

Posted by nerfer34 on 07 May 2006 - 04:59 PM in General Nerf

Ya thanks everyone. Nero- I have tried your idea about puting the dart on the tip and it does work but it still goes pretty fast... I think I have an idea though.

#81393 Turning Down "velocity"

Posted by nerfer34 on 06 May 2006 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

O ya I put large pieces of foam on my tip but they still hit hard. Ya I guess I'll pump less but if someone else uses it they'll pump it probably all the way up... Drilling holes? Hmmm.... Well I have brass.( I am not very technical, no one in my family owns many tools at all. I think we may have 1 drill.) Thanks

#98450 Tubular Secret Trident

Posted by nerfer34 on 17 January 2007 - 09:28 PM in Modifications

But as Sam said if you cut down the tubing you would gain atleast 15'.

Why is that? I don't understand -- if my tubing is airtight, shouldn't it not matter (within reason) how long the tubing is?

Think about it, for every millimeter of tubing you use, the airflow gets weaker because of distance. If you wanted to actually expirement on it. Distance- Time- Rate would be a great formula.

Lets say I'd put a perfectly airtight brass barrel that is 12" on my Nf.
Then I took another NF and put a 4.5 " barrel on it, which would shoot further?

I'm impressed that your getting those ranges now, that thing can be a beast!

#98439 Tubular Secret Trident

Posted by nerfer34 on 17 January 2007 - 06:27 PM in Modifications

Cool mod.

But as Sam said if you cut down the tubing you would gain atleast 15'.

Does that tubing ever catch onto anything? It looks kind of bulky.

But still nice mod.

Also what is a Gengar? I know I heard of it before but can't remeber where....

#134310 Tubeing

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 December 2007 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

I'm not sure what situation you're talking about, but Plumber's Goop is the best glue for air tight seals.

It's cheap too. It can easily be found at your local harware store.