nerfer34's Content

There have been 1000 items by nerfer34 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#78312 Nerf Like Pistol Found In My Basement

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 April 2006 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

OK guys here are some pics-

the shell

the tiny plunger

the spring and cocking rod

LOOK HOW TINY THE SPRING IS

the tiny spring compared to a NF spring

THIS GUN HAS POTENTIAL! How do you think I sould mod it? I will definilty replace the spring but should I replace thee plunger too?

#78310 Nerf Like Pistol Found In My Basement

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 April 2006 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

I went do some spring cleaning today with my family and while in the basement I cam upon this gun that shoots nerf darts and sprays water. This gun got about 30 feet. BUT WAIT after a ton of hacking I opened it up and found a TINY spring. I will get some pictures up in like a few minutes!

#78290 Where To Put Bungies On Your Guns?

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 April 2006 - 12:25 PM in General Nerf

Obvioulsy you put one end to the cocking lever and the other end towards the front of the gun. But when I put my bungie on my NF( the bungie end was on the right side of the cocking rod) it bent to the right and almost cracked the plunger. I want to find a way to center the bungie stress on the cocking rod. Any ideas/ways? Thanks

#78279 Split-tech 2k

Posted by nerfer34 on 01 April 2006 - 08:48 AM in Modifications

OK falcon.... Did you say you were selling these? Well if so then if I gave you my SF, would you turn it into something like that? For $. I have been trying to figure out some plans how to auto rotate the barrel assembly........

#78265 Split-tech 2k

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 March 2006 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

Falcon- I use Petg so no need for ramrod. Actually sticking 2 darts in and rotating two barrels take about the same amount of time. PLUS you must load all 8 darts before the match. Don't get me wrong I love your mod, just statin' the facts.

#78258 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 March 2006 - 08:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Nah...me immature? Come on. So how old are you TS and what would you say the average age is? Is it definitly in Lexington?

#78257 New Tech Target Set

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 March 2006 - 07:57 PM in General Nerf

Ya...your about 1 year late.

#78243 Rejected!

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 March 2006 - 04:18 PM in Off Topic

OMpa you got rejected that many times?

ass

Anyway, Congrats on the John Hopkins Ompa. I was accepted to Northwestern University early decision, so that is where I'm off too next year. Fun stuff.

-DA

Um I didn't mean it in a bad way..... I have never applied to a college , so I don't know if he got rejected or what. I didn't know if that was an example Ompa gave us or what.
So STOP assuming things!

#78242 Split-tech 2k

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 March 2006 - 04:15 PM in Modifications

Hey falcon same here, the Sf is my favorite gun. Its just like a NF but with 2 shots!! And plus the Sf gets even better range! Um but your mod can't increase the RPF by that much right? Because you still must pump, rotate barrels and then shoot. Don't get me wrong that mod is awesome, especially how you didn't lose much range.
In my opinion, that Sf would be a better primary than secondary Because
-unholsterable
-ppurpose of a secondaary is to get off a quick shot
-too big

I also have a question...How many pumps do you pump your SF?

#78240 Brass Warthog Write-up

Posted by nerfer34 on 31 March 2006 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

What are ranges? Looks nice.

#78172 Rejected!

Posted by nerfer34 on 30 March 2006 - 10:07 PM in Off Topic

OMpa you got rejected that many times?

#78048 Split-tech 2k

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 March 2006 - 03:03 PM in Modifications

I may try this mod. How did you sturdy your barrels?

#78046 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by nerfer34 on 29 March 2006 - 02:57 PM in General Nerf

I think I am going to go with the TTG. I may go with the LNL.

#77969 Split-tech 2k

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 March 2006 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Thanks. I will try lubing the barrels. Because I used to get over 90' but now I get like 80'. I like your idea. I was going to just make a bunch of ammo holders but your idea is better.
How sturdy are the at2k turrets on the SF? Do they move when running with the gun?
Also another thing to consider is since you have made your SF larger(unholsterable) you MAY want to consider adding a stock and acessories and turning you SF into a rifle....Just a thought.

#77967 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 March 2006 - 09:17 PM in General Nerf

Good point Dark Shrimp, but I mostly play indoor wars and about half the time we have "pistols only "wars, so I need every foot of range I can get.

#77963 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 March 2006 - 08:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I POSSIBLY may. What town is it in? Lexingtoin? What are the ages of people? I am only 13 but I am like 5'7" ( almost 14)

#77960 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 March 2006 - 08:33 PM in General Nerf

WOW I may get the TTG. But I doubt you get 90' FLAT. Can someone tell me which one is the old style TTG?

#77957 Split-tech 2k

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 March 2006 - 08:08 PM in Modifications

AWESOME, I have been trying to find a way to improve my SF!
- BUt what about the air release ? So do you pump shoot one from each turret and then manually rotate them both?

-This is a little off topic but do you know how to fix the SF when you pump it air comes out of the barrels?

#77956 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 March 2006 - 07:57 PM in General Nerf

OK I have been hearing great things about the TTG. Is it better than the NF, because I may go with that? Opinions? What is the difference between old style TTG and new style TTG?

#77910 Nf Or Lnl-

Posted by nerfer34 on 28 March 2006 - 02:58 PM in General Nerf

OK , I am probably getting a LNL from someone and I wanted to know YOUR OWN opinion on which gun you prefer. I don't want the lNL for a collectable, I want it for performance. I already have 2 NFs and I don't really want a LNL if it is worse than a NF. Please assume that the LNL and NF are fullt modded. Thank you.

#77759 Rf 20 Help

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 March 2006 - 09:44 PM in General Nerf

I actually measured and got 46.5 feet. I did a simple mod that forsaken showed me. I basically made o-rings out of nerf darts. I sliced up stock darts and took out air restrictors and replaced them with the darts. The seal is perfect. It is awesome to look down the barrels and you see the piece of dart air tight. I'll get some pics of it. I'll try to make a video but I have never made one before. The only problem is that the darts stick out of the barrel a little too much.

EDIT second shooting
longest 56 feet flat with stefans!
shortest 40 feet flat with stock

I mixed stefans and stocks

Third shooting-all stefans
longest 58 feet! WOW
shortest 43 feet

I think this may be my new primary.

#77754 Rf 20 Help

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 March 2006 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

Thank you both a ton. I will try to move that black seal in place...I had a feeling it was that piece.

Forsaken, I did the mod that you sent me and I'll give you results of it when I get the RF 20 working. Thanks

WOW, It works my RF 20 is UNVBELIEVABLE! It definitly get 45 feet flat! If no one believes me I can get a video.

#77721 Eagle Eye Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 March 2006 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

I know why he is getting pretty good ranges. It is because his barrel is curved like an inch up so basically when you measure FLAT you are really measuring ANGLED.

#77687 Eagle Eye Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 March 2006 - 02:49 PM in Modifications

Ya I have used that tubing before. I was trying to create like a "sneakshot" type gun where you can bend the barrel, but it wasn't too sucessful. That barrel material it OKAY. I have found a really cool barrel material that is better than cpvc, brass, PETG, and pvc. It comes in stock mega size and stock micro / stefan size. It comes from one of those little kids plastic golf clubs. If it okay with hokiefan, I get get some pics up. Hokie let me know if I can get some pics up in your topic.
EDIT- fixed spelling

#77686 Rf 20 Help

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 March 2006 - 02:43 PM in General Nerf

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. OK I did a really nice mod to my Rf 20 and I didn't touch any of the internals, so they all work. I can't seem to reasemble it. That little black thing near the barrelassembly may be the issue. Here are some pics of my internals... What am I doing wrong!?
PIC 1

PIC 2
Pic 3

#77664 Nerfworld Is Back!

Posted by nerfer34 on 26 March 2006 - 10:22 AM in General Nerf

OO.

#77620 Nerfworld Is Back!

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 March 2006 - 11:27 PM in General Nerf

NerfWorld has been up "again" for over a year now. I believe Grinch is nerfing less and less, and the site will be recieving fewer updates, but is still a great repository of information.

No it hasn't, a little while ago someone realized that it was taken over by easydot and it was gone.

#77618 I'm Not The Type To Ask For Help Often...

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 March 2006 - 11:25 PM in Modifications

Um the EXACT same thing happened with my splitfire. I realized that when I plugged the pump, the hotglue peeled off, so I oppened it up and re plugged it. My SF was silently releasing air through the barrels before I did this.

#77603 Attention Bc Nerfers...

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 March 2006 - 10:37 PM in General Nerf

By BC do you mean Boston College?

#77602 Triple Mech Questions.

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 March 2006 - 10:35 PM in Modifications

The gun is PATHETIC. It fires like 10 feet.

#77586 Nerfworld Is Back!

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 March 2006 - 07:47 PM in General Nerf

The topic pretty much explains. But has anyone noticed this or am I a bit late?

#77559 Crossfire Mod

Posted by nerfer34 on 25 March 2006 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

Ya okay, there is NO way you got 87' flat with a crossfire. Why can't people just be honest about their ranges?

#77432 Bands( Rubber Bands, Bungies)

Posted by nerfer34 on 24 March 2006 - 06:20 PM in General Nerf

ok Thanks I am fully aware of all of this.

#77339 Bands( Rubber Bands, Bungies)

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 March 2006 - 08:57 PM in General Nerf

Thank you Falcon. I'll check my Lowes and get some bungies!

#77332 Bands( Rubber Bands, Bungies)

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 March 2006 - 06:46 PM in General Nerf

Ya I want to do it on my NF. I can't seem to find any springs that would fit, although I did find this one but it was too long can I cut the springs? My Lowes doesn't have any mini bungees. Are mini bungees better than bands?

#77329 Bands( Rubber Bands, Bungies)

Posted by nerfer34 on 23 March 2006 - 06:32 PM in General Nerf

I have never banded any of my guns before but I plan to now. I was wondering if it was possible to band the gun on the interior. Is it possible? I just don't really like the look of all of the bands and stuff. Also where do you get those mini bungies?

#77283 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 March 2006 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

OK great take your time with the write up and I'll just wait a bit untill there is a write up and then start building.

#77275 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 March 2006 - 09:17 PM in Homemades

OK I have finalized my decision. I am going to make the SNAP-3. BUT if it is okay with Carbon can I slightly change the outer appearance of the SNAP 3? For example maybe throw on a different stock or something like that?

Also I can't seem to find a complete write up to the SNAP-3. Can you direct it to me?

#77267 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 March 2006 - 08:59 PM in Homemades

Design before you build. It will save you alot of time then going back and forth.

Well what did you think I was going to do??

Carbon- Thanks ...OK I'll check out the SNAP 2 and SNAP 3. Which SNAP do you think is easier/better overall performance.

#77227 Want To Make A Homeade

Posted by nerfer34 on 22 March 2006 - 03:24 PM in Homemades

I don't own a dremel( no one in my family builds stuff) so will it still be easy to build the SNAP? I have decided to build a SNAP.

Death's avatar- I am a beginner at homeades so I am only going to make 1 of the 2 and I am not expert enough yet to create my own design and be a sucess.

The only problem that I have with the SNAP is the trigger. DOn't get me wrong I think It's ingenoiius but it seems like it will bend and break and you could shoot the gun by accident.
Carbon could you leave feedback of how good your trigger is please? Thanks