Wes7143's Content

There have been 572 items by Wes7143 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#267037 Salem State Nerf Game

Posted by Wes7143 on 26 February 2010 - 03:11 PM in Nerf Wars

I should be in, as well. I'll try to bring a streamlines box as a donation. I'll confirm when the dates get posted.

#266098 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Wes7143 on 19 February 2010 - 10:53 PM in General Nerf

Ice recorded a podcast.

Ha. I sound quite like a stoner in it. I believe it was recorded some time in the very, very early AM hours..

#264981 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by Wes7143 on 10 February 2010 - 07:17 PM in Nerf Wars

1 already asked his parents, but they all want to. I'm trying to explain to them at how much of a disadvantage they'll be at. They're all using stock guns.

Yeah, no. This wouldn't exactly be as much of a stock gun-friendly environment as, say, the indoor Salem wars. If they were to participate, I'd certainly have to be more careful not to shoot them from as close ranges/ let them hit me every once in a while.

#264176 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by Wes7143 on 02 February 2010 - 08:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Forgot to mention that I'll probably be bringing some company. Most likely Shelby, Jack, and Clay (probably not all of them). I'm also going to order a roll of felts from McMaster soon, and make a crapload of darts that some people can purchase if they're interested. If anyone's wondering, the foam is big. It's a good springer fit in 9/16 (or common types of PETG).

#264098 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by Wes7143 on 01 February 2010 - 10:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, I like the sound of this, now. Sorry about the back and forth PM's. I just like to be REALLY REALLY sure before I do things like this. Wouldn't want to show up at a park with a bunch of nerf stuff and not be able to use it, you know?

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'll be there. Shouldn't really be a reason that I'm not there. Put me down as a definite, please. If anything comes up, I'll let you know. Really looking forward to this. Should be awesome.

#263992 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by Wes7143 on 31 January 2010 - 09:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Not open means their is no one their making you pay for enterance you can just duck under the gate they are not preventing people from entering or using the park.

I'm not really liking the sound of that.. sounds kind of like trespassing. These bases are usually kept pretty prim, and people on their premises who are not welcome are not taken lightly. I'd rather have the organization know we'll be there, so that we're allowed there. Plus, if the gates are closed, how are we going to get our cars and gear in? its a bit of a walk from the gate to the parking area/ where we would be nerfing.

As of now, this doesn't sound like too great of an idea, given the closed park and the weather. I'd still like to wait until June. We can always just go to Fenix's wars for the winter time, anyways.

#263983 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by Wes7143 on 31 January 2010 - 08:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks for the advise, Gunther. I think this may have to get held off until June, because the park's website says they're not open until after memorial day. Personally, I think that's not an all bad thing, because of the weather.

I think I'll also contact the organization in charge of the park, and inform them on what nerfing is, and make sure that it is okay on their premises.

#263962 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by Wes7143 on 31 January 2010 - 07:26 PM in Nerf Wars

I agree strongly with the above post.

#263956 Battle Of The Bunker

Posted by Wes7143 on 31 January 2010 - 07:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I've been here.. dark as hell inside. I'd recommend to any participants to attach flashlights to their blasters.

I'd also recommend moving the date back. 20 days is a bit short notice. I could probably make it, but I don't know about other nerfers.

Lastly, this is a fucking awesome idea. I'd love to come. The only thing I'm wondering is; are we allowed to be there?

#263462 New England Mod Party.

Posted by Wes7143 on 27 January 2010 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Maybe a better location would be in more of a central location for New England? Us Mainers are about 2-4 hours from any real population, so.. I think maybe it would be best to fine someplace in NE or MA? Possibly have a small indoor war, afterwords?

#263269 Massachusetts Nerf

Posted by Wes7143 on 26 January 2010 - 01:24 PM in Nerf Wars

For any New Englanders reading this thread (as an attempt to put this thread into some sort of organization) watch out for war threads. There's usually a few every year in Salem Massachusetts. In fact, there *should* be one mid-late February, but I don't know for sure. Talk to user "Fenixharth", who hosts these events, if you just can't wait for the thread to show up.

#263161 Buzz Bee Rapid Fire Tek Mod - Need Help

Posted by Wes7143 on 25 January 2010 - 06:52 PM in Modifications

You should rip out the internals and replace them with an At2k.

I could not agree more, and I feel obligated to congratulate you on such a creative suggestion.

Thank you for hating on another post I made on this post which has nothing to do with that. I believe I can share my opinion asshole and I kindly asked for some help. If you have any suggestions other than a 2k tank please tell me.

Definitely a 3K tank integration.

#263116 Lack Of Creativity

Posted by Wes7143 on 25 January 2010 - 02:06 PM in Modifications

People use 2K tanks because they work well and are fairly easy to obtain. It shouldn't really matter how creative a modification is. Performance > creativity.

#263027 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Wes7143 on 24 January 2010 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

Inspired by the movie "Avatar", and all of the cool shit in it, I painted my LS carbine accordingly.

Posted Image

Yep, that's dual SSPBs integrated. The LS has been modified to the standard of indoor nerfing, and can be loosely be defined as a "Longshot Carbine", Even though its not *completely* minimized.

#262935 The First Look At The Tetrastrike

Posted by Wes7143 on 24 January 2010 - 12:35 PM in General Nerf

Remember, if the puny tanks aren't enough for you, you can always drill holes in the tanks, and attach tank extentions.

#262391 Would This Modification Do Anything?

Posted by Wes7143 on 19 January 2010 - 04:31 PM in Modifications

To answer your question directly, yes it will work. People have made these sort of "stubby" barreled doubleshots before. I have infact seen one in action. It kills the aesthetics of the gun though, I think, but does make the gun more useable.

What are you talking about? It's functionally beautiful!

Works excellently. I recommend trying it (with fixed barrels, or the 1/2" sch.40 PVC used as couplers).

#262230 Quick Longshot And Big Bad Bow Question

Posted by Wes7143 on 17 January 2010 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

The new 3B has a slightly weaker spring, but it should do fine as a LS spring addition.

#262002 Magstrike Mod

Posted by Wes7143 on 16 January 2010 - 10:24 AM in Modifications

He doesn't need to post a write up, because this has been done several times, before. if you can't figure out how to attach a larger PVC tank in place of the bladder, then you probably wouldn't be able to assemble it properly, either.

My question is; how many extra pumps does it take to get to the 3 clips? I remember another nerfer friend of mine did this (only without the stock) using a bike pump, and it still took about 35 pumps.

#261870 Does Anyone Know Where There Are Any Longstrikes Availible

Posted by Wes7143 on 14 January 2010 - 08:41 PM in General Nerf

Well I'm in the US...so does anyone know how i could get one here

Wait a few months.

#261825 Longshot With Clip Compatible Cpvc Breech

Posted by Wes7143 on 14 January 2010 - 04:38 PM in Modifications

I dislike the priming rod. I'd use a modified version of HeretiCorp's LS foregrip, so as to get shotgun loading and no boltsled.

Other than that, I think this is one of the best innovations for LS, right behind the original Angel Breech and Slug foregrip.

Just curious, for what reasons did you choose to think that this innovation is behind the Angel Breech? As far as I can see, this breech is better in every way.

#261687 Angel Breeched Spring Replacement

Posted by Wes7143 on 13 January 2010 - 05:03 PM in Modifications

A cut down [k25] spring (one step wider than a +bow spring), or LS + BBB springs seem to work well. Cut down AR-15 springs also work, I've heard, but I've never gone to a gun store with the intent of buying one.

Pretty much just use whatever you have. You don't need a specific spring to get good performance, just more pushing force.

EDIT: Improving the seal can dramatically increase performance, and should be done BEFORE you add lots of springs.

#260393 Skype Group Chat

Posted by Wes7143 on 01 January 2010 - 09:05 PM in Off Topic

Wes7143
Wesley
Wes

#260037 Auto-opening Ls Breech

Posted by Wes7143 on 28 December 2009 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Wait, so you're just talking about putting the slide cover's tab behind the bolt, rather than in front of it?

#259861 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by Wes7143 on 26 December 2009 - 10:29 PM in General Nerf

The maverick is only protected because it's the most successful Nerf blaster ever made. It has sold more than any others, therefore, Hasbro took a "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach, and protected the design.

#259853 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by Wes7143 on 26 December 2009 - 09:56 PM in General Nerf

if you would, please, check for another change. The engineers talked about how they wanted to change the Maverick's dart pegs to allow it to fire streamline darts, but they could not, because the design was under protection due to the millions upon millions sold. Would you mind checking the pegs?

#259843 "new" Maverick Hex Design?

Posted by Wes7143 on 26 December 2009 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

Oh, huh, that's odd. The Nerf engineers that showed up to a Salem war said that they were legally unable to change the design of the maverick, because it sells so well.

#259406 Cosmetic Touch Up Material

Posted by Wes7143 on 20 December 2009 - 09:48 AM in Modifications

I use the steel re-enforced epoxy putty that they sell in Walmart's automotive department. The tube is only about $2, and the stuff works great. The only downside is that it hardens really fast, so you have to work quick. Otherwise, it's the best epoxy I've ever used.

#259372 Interesting Way To Cut Foam

Posted by Wes7143 on 19 December 2009 - 05:22 PM in Homemades

I've got a home-made foam cutter, as well. I've tried using it for cutting stefans, and it seems to work.. but it's not as good as using a blade. In fact, if you have good, dense foam, like SwiftNerf foam, it will have some trouble cutting through it.

This would work for doing something like cutting +bow foam inserts, though. Not much good for stefans.

#258445 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Wes7143 on 08 December 2009 - 08:32 PM in Modifications

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: Shelbow.
Mods Done: Level 4. Replaced plunger tube, replaced plunger head, re-enforced plunger rod. I used a cut-down [k25] for a spring. I had to do at least 3 screw post replacements, and fill at least 9 holes in the shell.
Integrations: PETG'd SMDTG.
Comments: This thing was pretty beat up when I got it. Not totally trashed, but still pretty bad. After a lot of restoration, I now have this. The crossbow gets a solid 100', and the SMDTG gets a decent 50', both of which are good enough for me. Hopefully, this thing will be seeing some good action after the winter (praying for no tragic car-xbow accidents, which claim the lives plastic of so many xbows).

#258372 Indoor Stefans!

Posted by Wes7143 on 07 December 2009 - 11:29 PM in Homemades

Just curious, how much does this impair range? I know you don't really need it for indoors, but it's nice to get a decent 50' or 60'.

#258073 Superlative Snap Plunger Head

Posted by Wes7143 on 05 December 2009 - 01:14 PM in Homemades

Another option to add, here for durable seals, is the use of grommets, rather than washers. I've done it a few times, using two large metal washers, a grommet fit to the plunger tube, and some washers to go inside of the grommet to keep it centered (whatever will fit).

Here's a photo (yeah, it's a crossbow, but it'll work in anything, really).

It's been in use for awhile, and I've seen no sign of wear.

#257243 Inline Clip

Posted by Wes7143 on 25 November 2009 - 01:41 PM in Modifications

This seems to be a good time to ask, because I've been curious; is there any sort of PETG, or clear piping that fits snugly in a CPVC coupler, but is thin enough to allow the darts to fall through?

#256631 "silencing" My Nf

Posted by Wes7143 on 17 November 2009 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

Using weaker springs (which is fairly undesired), foam insulation, padding the plunger, and using tighter darts, are the methods I know.

#254315 Meno 2, Halloween

Posted by Wes7143 on 22 October 2009 - 01:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I doubt I would be able to come, either. Same story as Thomas. Maybe we should give it a rest until after winter, or maybe some indoor stuff (yes, don't worry, Shelby and I are working on that).

#253952 34th Light Combat Battalion Recruiting

Posted by Wes7143 on 19 October 2009 - 03:35 PM in General Nerf

This seems like it's being taken awful seriously for a bunch of nerds shooting each other with toy guns.

#253307 Nerfhaven Iphone App?

Posted by Wes7143 on 11 October 2009 - 08:48 PM in Site Feedback

If it's going slow, then it's your internet, not the fact that you're using the Safari app. It works just fine for me.

#253240 Ssgc Fall Nerf Game

Posted by Wes7143 on 11 October 2009 - 10:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey Wes, how's your temple? :ph34r:
Are those all the pics you got from the war? Anyone get any pictures of the action?

The temple's got a nice welt on it, now.

There's a few more pictures, but not a whole lot of action photos. There's a few action videos, but it's kind of hard to tell what's going on. I'll upload more in a bit.

#253200 Ssgc Fall Nerf Game

Posted by Wes7143 on 10 October 2009 - 09:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Lots of fun. Plenty of battle wounds.

Photo credits to shelby.

Sk... I mean Fenix giving Shelby a thumbs up.
Posted Image

The bleachers.
Posted Image

The cardboard battlefield.
Posted Image

The winners of the raffling.
Posted Image

So, just incase it doesn't get mentioned, a couple designers from hasbro showed up, watched us play, answered some of our questions, then donated quite a few blasters. Most of which (the ones shown) were raffled off to participants of this event.

#253091 Ssgc Fall Nerf Game

Posted by Wes7143 on 09 October 2009 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm going to feel like a douchebag, using stefans.... oh well... I've always got that Balzooka.

#253017 Ssgc Fall Nerf Game

Posted by Wes7143 on 09 October 2009 - 07:33 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a definite. Will be bringing Mr. Jackster, and Miss Shelby (Jack, you still need to call me).