Aj's Content

There have been 50 items by Aj (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#186184 [aus] Nerf War; Adelaide

Posted by Aj on 29 October 2008 - 01:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys

The plan is to meet at my house (which is within walking distance from the playing field) first, probably do some lunch and then go nerf the afternoon away. We' have stefans for this event which work great in Air guns and anything barrel loading, however for the recon / clip gun users out there they are a little tight. I'm working on some CDTD's for this, however it's advised to bring a backup gun if you can. We (Tidge and I) will have some spares floating around too.

If your guns are in need of quick mods (pegs/ar) so they can shoot stefans PM either me or Tidge, we might be able to do this earlier in the morning.. time permitting

in the interest of not having the cops called make sure you're flashing those orange barrels, and don't dress full camo or anything stupid like that

hope to be shooting you soon

Aj

#186183 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 29 October 2008 - 01:39 AM in General Nerf

To back up Tidge's Post..

Target:
Mavericks: $14.99
Reactors: $14.99
Buzzsaws: $ 19.99

And if any Adelaide guys read this, do get down to our little warm up war this weekend, summer is coming around in Aus and there is no better time to nerf!

Aj

#183172 Orange Ring On The Titan.

Posted by Aj on 12 October 2008 - 06:19 AM in Modifications

To open up my Titans I heated up a knife (box cutter etc) and cut the plastic in line with the seam on the Titan. I heated mine with a gas stove burner but a lighter can work if that's all that's available.

Aj

#175875 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 08 September 2008 - 08:35 AM in General Nerf

The Ironman FF's also don't have the strobe that is in the regular one, and the darts they come with are useless... I got mine on sale though and with a bit of modding they turn out alright

Aj

#173332 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 29 August 2008 - 03:08 AM in General Nerf

Recons were on sale at Kmart for $25.00 for a while, if they still have them they are probably leftovers. Target had them from a while for $30 with 20 bonus streamlines (!!) however that sale is now over too.

Where in Adelaide are you T.I.G?

on a side note I got my LS yesterday. It's ok-ish stock, cant wait to mod the crap out of it though

Aj

#172468 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 25 August 2008 - 11:02 PM in General Nerf

SA TRU's are also overstocked with Big blasts, Big Salvo's, Over-unders etc

I'd be interested in magstrikes if anyone can find them, cant seem to get my hands on them in S.A

Also today I saw a lone recon in TRU with a bonus LS scope with it.. hadn't seen that before

Aj

#172411 The Official Nerf Haven Aussie Nerf Thread

Posted by Aj on 25 August 2008 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I'd be in favour of this being a sticky, I know it's not vital information but its useful for us Aussies.

The other day I scored 3 FF's on sale at Kmart for $25 each, I was stoked. I know they arn't the best blaster but we nerf indoors and they're good noob guns as you can't jam them. After AR removal and the straw mod they get reasonable ranges.

Places like David Jones and Myer also stock limited nerf; usually NF's, DTG, Iron Man FF, mavs and reactors.

They are usually overpriced ($20.00 for a mav or reactor, $70 for DTG) but becaue of this they usually have blasters in stock and they do price match with other stores.

Aj

#171385 Do You Like Chubbs?

Posted by Aj on 21 August 2008 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

No. Its ugly. Personally I agree that it's what Nerf modding is about; taking something and transforming it past people's expectations.

My beef with Chubbs is that it is a cool idea done poorly. A gun that looks like an alligator is a pretty unique and rad idea, I just thing you rushed it, the sculpting isn't great, neither is the paint. Also the titan integration could of been done a lot better and cleaner, as splitlip has mentioned. And now if someone where to go and make a properly sculpted alligator vulcan they'd be 'copying chubbs', so the idea is basically dead. Yes sculpting isn't the easiest thing, but with patience even beginners can get awesome results.

+1 for originality

+1 for Happy Gilmore reference

-1 for uglyness

-1 for rushing it

-1 for hyping it and spamming it everywhere

Total Chubbs score

#170894 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Aj on 20 August 2008 - 09:12 AM in General Nerf

-Aj-, your first picture is like a frikkin' weird smiley face.

I did realize this.. From hence forth this tactic shall be know as "The evil clown". It would sound great in a planning situation.. "You guys.. evil clown that choke point!'.. After all we play with plastic guns, this sport needs to have some humor

Aj

#170535 Integrating The Vulcan In To A Squad

Posted by Aj on 19 August 2008 - 08:06 AM in General Nerf

My answer is synonymous with the rest, heck yes is can be integrated.

As far as giving out advice or tactics a little more information on what kind of war you're fighting would go a long way such as:

Do you all play with stock guns?
Are there rules against modded guns?
Are you nerfing outdoors or indoors?
What size are your wars (people per team)?

As stated before, you need to make sure you use the Vulcan in situations where its strengths are maximized and its weaknesses are minimized. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, bring a gun to a knife fight.

1-2 Sidearms are good. The Recon you have in pistol mode with some extra clips and a NF/DS with a nice simple barrel mod and banding will give you a nice balance of range and ROF for sidearms.

Here are a couple of generic tactics that work in both indoors and outdoors, they all involve using cover to gain an advantage; as a Vulcan is about as useful as a milkshake in an open field battle. You'll have a welt on your neck from a x-bow before you can get within twice your range.

In both cases I have assumed that you are the one with the Vulcan, however if you're co-ordinating the squad you can ask your Vulcan (or RF20, both work for suppression) wielder to fill these roles.

The first one is just basically..... "How to whore a choke point"..... Don't get too greedy, don't camp. Switch sides often and after a few kills find a new choke point - unless you have backup to protect your flanks. Remember - a dart in the head makes people learn quickly.

Keep moving as the arrows suggest, both within your fire zones and side to side; otherwise people will know where to aim.

Though I have only put one enemy in the diagram the idea is to do it to a group, where the ROF and the large ammo supply of the Vulcan really shine. Otherwise its just a plain ambush really and a skilled player could do it with a scout..

Posted Image

The next is an offensive or defensive tactic. Basically just a fire suppression tactic, I'm sure that everybody has heard of these. If your attacking its a good way to overwhelm dug in enemies. Pin them then mop them up. Having your squad advance from either side simultaneously (called a 'pincer' movement) works great.

f you're defending its much quicker to have your squad counter attack than to get in a long drawn out firefight. By ending it quickly it make sure the enemy doesn't get a chance to flank you. Its up to you to assess the situation; don't send your squad out if the enemy isn't truly pinned or they'll probably take heavy losses.

Posted Image

I hope thats at least a little helpful and didn't bore the veterans to death, more specific tactics could be suggested if you provide more info.

Aj