Aj's Content

There have been 50 items by Aj (Search limited from 01-January 97)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#282059 Nerf Camo Ammo

Posted by Aj on 04 August 2010 - 05:59 AM in General Nerf

Load the pouch up with clips, put in as many as you can. Attach to your belt. now SPRINT.

Tell us what happens.

Try again with the pouch half full...

This is the real litmus test of gear in my oppinion, I have rigs that allow me to carry a ridiculous number of guns, clips and ammo.... if I feel like 'brisk walking' the entire war. I need pouches that will hold shit when I have to start running flat out after the flag.

Aj

#283623 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by Aj on 20 August 2010 - 08:01 PM in General Nerf

Didn't see this posted yet.

http://www.crunchgea...tampede-ecs-50/

what a terrible review...

"bipod for night activities"

"stampede ecx"

#283965 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 25 August 2010 - 10:56 AM in Modifications

Rev 2 is complete as of tonight

After a lot of testing, some war experience etc I identified some issued with the rev 1 design
  • The trigger would occasionally not return all the way, leaving the valve open slightly
  • The 'feeding nub' on the end of the tank was too long, sometimes causing streamlines to jam
  • The hornet pump had a longer stroke than comfortable
  • The stock tubing was attached to the magstrike pump via a non barbed fitting and was prone to start leaking if you pumped the gun up more than 6-7 times
  • Look wasn't quite as clean as I thught possible
Rev 2 adresses all of these issues

It uses a Schwinn mini frame bike pump (also recently featured in the 'iron man super soaker' mod) so you dont have to ruin a magstrike.

I also created a breech using nested and telescoping sizes of brass so that I can shoot streamlines, 'blue foam' darts that we have here and 'white foam' darts that we have here (tightish fit in 9/16, much larger than your stefans)

Finally the trigger pull feels better and the trigger return problem was solved with a nice beefy trigger return spring forcing the plate back to its starting position

looks super clean

Pump mounted using 3 screws, 1 small piece of PC and is rock solid and easily removable.

pics and writeup soon

Aj

#284096 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 27 August 2010 - 07:29 AM in Modifications

..... It's an Airgun... you pump them up.. thats kinda the deal... It has better ROF than any of the ones down here, except maybe the couple RSCB big blasts floating around, but its more consistent and about the same ROF

I dont really care about having two handles to operate, because the brass breech is super tight it takes a bit of effort to pupp out and push back in, also the strokes are not the same length (breech and pump)

I'm painting it now, I was going to take photos but figure I may as well wait till I'm done

Aj

#284252 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 29 August 2010 - 04:29 AM in Modifications

About as close to a legitimate double post as you can get

Rev.2

Breech uses 3 sizes of brass telescoped for more reliable feeding along with the ability to shoot any kind of ammo.

Pump is mounted using only 2 bolts and no glue.

Is super clean, looks hot yo

Paint was done in 1 night (6 or so hours, had a war the next day) which is much more rushed than I like. It looks sweet now but I'm a bit of a perfectionist with paint, so it'll need some touch ups, after a few years out the game I'm a bit rusty.

I dont think there is enough difference to warrant a separate write up.

pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

you cannot tell me this is not damn clean pump integration to the shell

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

All the components

Posted Image

Range tested today and yesterday at the nerf war

between 160-200 ft with CDTS, depends on how good the dart is

120' (average) with blue foam stefans

110 (average) with white foam stefans (much much tighter fit)

this is flat btw

enjoy

Aj

#284557 Raider - Replaced Internals (mega Missile) - The Mega Raider

Posted by Aj on 02 September 2010 - 01:34 AM in Modifications

Now you just need a converted drum mag.

Actually not really, I designed it to work with CDTS's so I didn't have to convert a drum mag, as apart from yours I haven't seen any other ones that dont jam, given my limited time I'm reluctant to pour time into making one work, this was kind if a 'for fun' project anyway, most wars we're doing down here now are running a game mode we designed call foam fortress (think team fortress) and this weapon is too high ROF for the sharpshooter class. Alot of my mods from now on will be for optimising weapons within the class restrictions for FFP to prepare for the national tournament in december.

I would like to paint a drum mag to match the raider though

Also thanks to everyone for the props, I consider this community the ultimate judge of something's worth nerf wise, given the experience and modding/machining skills of some of the members, to have a bunch of noobs in Australia drool over it is one thing, to have it deemed good by members on here is a different thing entirely.

Aj

#284559 Pump-action Crossbow

Posted by Aj on 02 September 2010 - 01:45 AM in Homemades

I vote the RAIN-Bow

come up with some acronym for RAIN

Realy
Awesome
Ingenious
Neat

Ryan's
Anally
Introspective
Nebulising

Realistically
Acronyms
Infuriate
Nepalese people

Aj

#284576 Nerf Stampede - Voltage Increase / Rof & Firing Tests

Posted by Aj on 02 September 2010 - 11:33 AM in Modifications

if you load the clip up at 22 volts does it shoot darts that fast or does it just jam? same at 16 volts etc

Aj

#293717 Long Strike With Missile Blast Internals

Posted by Aj on 02 February 2011 - 02:44 AM in Modifications

Once you try this in a war I think you will be wishing you moved the pump to the front, you have to switch positions to prime it the way you have it. Very similar to the raider mod http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=19961

Haha, I made that yo

It started a "airgun in n-strike shell" revolution in Aus, which is pretty balls as all the lazy noobs have turned the game into a standoff.

However, another forum member on the OZnerf forum - Winterstrike - completed this mod about 6 months ago, using 4B internals and the same pump placement

Given the amount of n-strike shelled airguns I've seen recently, I'm rather disappointed people are all going for the super easy coupler option rather than trying to make a clip taking breach or even finding a neat place to put a chopper or something

Still the OP's is a decent example, nice and clean.

Aj

#295111 Archangel

Posted by Aj on 26 February 2011 - 09:41 PM in Homemades

Absolutely awesome project, have you ever considered making a 'heavy' version (ie higher firepower but lower mobility) - That turret coule be made into a great feeding mech for a belt rather easily.

Aj