Soothsayer's Content

There have been 457 items by Soothsayer (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#172585 Help My Vulcan Is Apart.

Posted by Soothsayer on 26 August 2008 - 03:12 PM in Modifications

Some pictures or a more thorough explanation of why it's not fitting back together or going back together would help a bit. Also, let this be a lesson to you and all those newbies out there, never bite off more than you can chew.

#172355 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Soothsayer on 25 August 2008 - 03:08 PM in Modifications

This would be a great little gun to just slap on a primary. Got a longshot scope/nstrike sled brackets you could fashion this thing with?
Great mod, might have to find me one of these little guys.

#172002 Old School Vs. New School

Posted by Soothsayer on 24 August 2008 - 10:54 AM in General Nerf

Aside from the obvious power of most old school guns, the looks were the best! They were goofy as hell, some were animals, some looked like super soakers, they all looked hilariously awesome with their strange colors and shapes.

Newer guns, are going for a more realistic gun look. I think it's actually kinda sick. I know it's marketing, kids today want guns that look like the ones in their video games and favorite action movies, but I still find it weird that hasbro is exposing kids to realistic weaponry so nonchalantly.

I'm probably looking to deep into all this...

Back to the point, my vote goes for oldschool guns

#171954 Steel For Barrel?

Posted by Soothsayer on 23 August 2008 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

Not the case with lower power guns though. More friction in a short barrel of less than 3" would allow more power to build up in a springer, making for a much better shot out of a small blaster.

I think steel is the wrong kind of barreling material to put this into effect with though. The inside of steel pipe has lots of sharp snags and such. I'm sure the dart will go far, but after a couple shots of the same dart, it's gonna be shredded like nobodies business

#171945 Steel For Barrel?

Posted by Soothsayer on 23 August 2008 - 11:28 PM in Modifications

Uhhh, in case you didn't get the memo. More friction = less range/power

#171934 Firefly3k

Posted by Soothsayer on 23 August 2008 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

I'd say around 2 or 3 hours tops, I worked on it off and on and didn't really keep track of time. Most of it was doing a little modification or cut, fitting a piece, repeat. That probably took most of the time.

I hate dealing with modifications like this, so I'm impressed by anyone who can do one well, especially without a wire and keyring haha.

#171929 Firefly3k

Posted by Soothsayer on 23 August 2008 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

God damn. It's mods like these, that give me a head ache about thinking about myself trying to do the same thing. Kudos on the mod though. How long did this project clock out at?

#171720 Walgreens Missile Gun Mod

Posted by Soothsayer on 23 August 2008 - 09:03 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
It's made of China's cheapest plastic and will bust apart easy so you have to be good to it.

try globing some bands on yet?

Whoah! It's almost like you would have know the answer to your own question if you'd read the post all the way through!

Whoah! it's almost like it was a simple suggestion that didn't need a smartass comment like this one!

#171672 Walgreens Missile Gun Mod

Posted by Soothsayer on 22 August 2008 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

I'll always say it, I love finds like this. 38ft huh? try globing some bands on yet?

#169883 Rattler Rifle

Posted by Soothsayer on 17 August 2008 - 12:08 AM in Modifications

Nice job. 60 feet isn't bad from what I understand about it.

I think my rattler holds the record of rattlers right now. There's still a lot of possibilities with this gun, I hope someone ups me on this. I really think people should give this gun a big second chance and not consider it a crappy gun.

Very nice. I may revise my mod after seeing this. Great job!

Do it man. Since I'm covering PETG and CPVC, you should try brass as a barrel material.

#169699 Rattler Rifle

Posted by Soothsayer on 16 August 2008 - 11:49 AM in Modifications

Very nice job, could have been a bit cleaner but very nice.

Thanks, I plan on making it a little more easy on the eyes and cleaner, but for the prototype, it gets the job done.

#169687 Rattler Rifle

Posted by Soothsayer on 16 August 2008 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

So I recently got a couple rattlers for free from a yard sale (end of the day, they wanted everything gone). Striped them for the springs to put in my sawtooths, but I can't stand the idea of making any nerf gun useless, so I decided to give a Rattler a try at glory.

First off, I did the basics. It has a spring from some old dart gun I used to have that broke (it was intended to kill moles or squirrels, so the spring was pretty powerful), and a stock maverick spring. Covered the plunger head in electrical tape and added some lube.

So there's the parts of this mod I figured did not require any pictures.

Next up is barrels. I chose CPVC, but I have a couple extra rattler "clips" that I'm going to put PETG into instead when my new shipment arrives.

So get your CPVC, and cut yourself 4 pieces, all about 2 and a half inches
Posted Image

Wrap up one end in electrical tape and stuff it into the stock rattler barrel.
Posted Image

Be careful, CPVC can leave some gnarly cuts, so personally I used a little assistance to get them down all the way.
Posted Image

Your new and improved rattler barrels are done.

Now, on to the trouble of aiming a rattler.

We will now be adding a stock. Keep in mine, there's a million ways to do this process, this is just my sloppy way of doing it.

Get your dremel or drill and make a hole big enough for your stock to enter the rattler's shell.
Posted Image

Now I made myself a stock contraption of PVC, CPVC, zip ties and electrical tape. Amazing, I know.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haven't gotten any measured ranges, but it looks to be about 60ft using stefans. I'll get some measured ranges as soon as I can.

All and all, I'm damn impressed. A lot of people look down on this gun, but if you play your cards right, this could actually make a half decent primary.

Comments? flames? suggestions?

I'm a pretty veteran modder and nerfer, but I am new to this whole online nerfing community, if I've said anything that sounds "noobish", just politely inform me and I'll be sure to duly note it.

#169487 Marshmallow Shooter

Posted by Soothsayer on 15 August 2008 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

I love these types of finds. How many times did you pump it to go 90?

#168600 University Of Cincinnati Open

Posted by Soothsayer on 12 August 2008 - 10:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds intense, I'll definitely do all I can to go.

edit: I'll probably bring 2 or 3 people if I go.

#168595 New Buzz Bee Blaster!

Posted by Soothsayer on 12 August 2008 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

Shows a bit of promise with integration into awkwardly shaped primaries, think I might look around for one for my sawtooth. As said before, how many pumps to fill the tank?

#167823 Discovery Power Welder

Posted by Soothsayer on 10 August 2008 - 02:20 PM in Modifications

I'd also like to be updated about this, seems like the connection of guns might be flimsy, but still, I'd like to hear how this turns out.

#167813 Maxshot Modification

Posted by Soothsayer on 10 August 2008 - 01:53 PM in Modifications

I have a gun similar to this, do you have to pull the lever back all the way to prime the gun, or can you just go however far you want and shoot for different distances?