Rip32's Content

There have been 111 items by Rip32 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#74595 Nerf Crossbow

Posted by Rip32 on 27 February 2006 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

Lord of The Rings, everything you say is true and I agree with most of it. But I disagree on some things. This is just my point of view. Any gun that you fall in love with or envy is worth buying regardless of the price, (unless it is a drasticly high price.) Thats why I bought my crossbow, knowing that there were other guns that can perform as good or better (arguable). But I bought the gun because I liked it so much.

But on the other hand, munson I don't think that it is a good idea to buy a crossbow for an investment, if you just want to let it rot for ten years. If I was you, I would mod one, and keep the other one NIB, incase anything happens to the one you modded.

But ultimatley I think if you like the crossbow as much as an at2k, or BBB, or have no prefrence, then you got ripped off.

Edit: Why is this discussion in the mods section? Did I miss something?

#74450 Bbb In A Nf

Posted by Rip32 on 26 February 2006 - 08:31 PM in General Nerf

Nice mod, and idea. Hope everything works out for you.

Just wondering though shoulden't this post be in the modifications section.

#74437 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by Rip32 on 26 February 2006 - 07:37 PM in General Nerf

I voted light even though I only like to nerf with one gun. I would bring two primaries, and probably switch off, or keep using the gun im "hot" with. I would probably bring and X bow, and sm 1k, or X bow and sm 500. And I would bring Jeans and 100 darts, etc.

#74432 At2k Coupler Mod

Posted by Rip32 on 26 February 2006 - 07:24 PM in Modifications

Well Sam, to answer your question, I used hot glue, and tons of it. I don't think epoxy would make much of a difference in this case, because if you glue it right it well stay on very nicely, and be sturdy. Or atleast mine does.

Also, yes my barrel is pretty straight, I was suprised after I modded it, seeing that most at2ks have their barrels slanting upward a little.

#74403 Nerf Bow

Posted by Rip32 on 26 February 2006 - 03:23 PM in General Nerf

That is not a nerf brand bow n arrow. I have never seen it, but it dosen't look like anything special.

#74192 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by Rip32 on 24 February 2006 - 09:13 PM in General Nerf

I was just thinking, but I hope these blasters don't become to popular in wars. If they turn out to be so good, that everyone started using them, then there would be no diversity in wars. I know everyone has their own style, but these guns cover almost everything.

#74191 Favorite Game System

Posted by Rip32 on 24 February 2006 - 09:07 PM in Off Topic

How could you for get X box. No problem though you have an other catagory.

#74178 Fall '06 Blasters

Posted by Rip32 on 24 February 2006 - 06:47 PM in General Nerf

Man, both guns look great. You made this post today, and there is already 7 pages of replies! For some reason though the Magstrike looks more appealing to me than the long shot, its just to bulky. But a simple size reduction mod can always take care of things like that.

#74031 At2k Coupler Mod

Posted by Rip32 on 23 February 2006 - 08:29 PM in Modifications

Wow, you guys had realy fast replies. Thanks for both comments. Im glad I my mod was helpful, and that you understood everything. I will try to make a lot of mod write ups for everyone. As you can see I like my mods simple, but effective.

#74024 At2k Coupler Mod

Posted by Rip32 on 23 February 2006 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

My sister finally got her camera working, so her is my first mod write up. Well, to start this is probably one of the easiest, and most efficient barrel mod. On NH, there is no at2k mod that involves a coupler or that is singled. This mod is nothing special, but I like it because it is easy, effective, cheap, and a good mod for all you newer nerfers who want to get into it. This mod has probably been done a million times but there is no write up for it so here it is.

To start here are the materials you will need:
- at2k
- hot Glue
- hacksaw/ good scissors/ dremel
- cpvc coupler
- 6-8 cpvc
- Screwdriver

First of all open the gun, and take out the turret, you won't need it.
Posted Image
Glue the coupler to the white top of the air chamber where the air comes out of the gun. It wont hurt if you put to much glue. In this case the more the better, and you could use epoxy or something but hot glue does the job for this mod.

Posted Image
Plug the pump now, with a dash of hot glue. It won't decrease your guns life much, and it will help in range.

Posted Image
Put all parts back together and it should look like the picture

Posted Image
Then, you will need to trim the case. Just trim the case enough, so that the case is not covering any part of the coupler, so that the barrel can go in nice and easy. For this job I just used scissors, it is easier and can suprisingly cut throught the plastic pretty good.

Posted Image
This is what your final gun should look like with the barrel in the coupler. This mod is great, and this coupler mod helps with its rof.

P.S - on the final picture, that is not my real barrel that is a foot long pipe of cpvc, I couldent find my 8 inch barrel. So use an 6-8 inch one for best results

ranges ( level shot)
- 91 Feet
- 96 Feet
- 101 Feet

I measured with a yard stick and rounded up.

#73920 Spring Power Vs. Air?

Posted by Rip32 on 22 February 2006 - 08:52 PM in General Nerf

Nerfster it is ture that it does depend on the situation, but you got to pick a gun that is best overall. Because in a war you will most likely be holding one or two guns with you, and you can't just be like a PC is the best know I am going to pull that one out of my ass. You have to find a gun that is best for you overall, and then see if its Air/ spring. Or atleast thats the way I play, I don't know maybe you use many weapons during a round.

Edit: How does Spring= Rof, just beacuse everyone is saying that? Back your statement up for me I dont understand. Or atleast you can defenitley get a faster shot off with a at2k turret modded, than a couplered maxshot

#73916 Nba Thoughts

Posted by Rip32 on 22 February 2006 - 08:46 PM in Off Topic

Thats funny I used to like Richard Hamilton a lot, and I still do. I love his motion off the ball, and his nice mid shot jumper. Hence my username RIP32. Yea that is true about Detroit they are pretty stacked and they play good as a team, but I think San Antonio is a close second.

#73914 Spring Power Vs. Air?

Posted by Rip32 on 22 February 2006 - 08:42 PM in General Nerf

Well I will take a shot at this thread. Correct me if I am wrong, but the only effective stock spring guns are single shot guns. Sure there is the Maverick, Sawtooth, and EE, but those are not realy effective and succesful guns. To most there just ok guns. Stock air guns have the ability to be succesfuly clip fed, or have a turret. For example the sm 1500, PC, at2k, at3k, sm 1000, at4k, and many others. Sure you can devise a clip for a spring gun, but that takes skill, supplies, and time. Stock air guns with clips or turrets just have better oppurtunites to be better guns with just barrel replacements. So to conclude I chose Air, over Spring. Plus my favorite guns are the sm 1k, and 500.

But I have a couple of spring classics and great guns like the x bow, maxshot, and nf, so that might change after nerfing more and learning about my own playing style and game.

#73909 Nba Thoughts

Posted by Rip32 on 22 February 2006 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

If anyone on NH follows basketball, I just wanted to see what your guys favorite players are, that currently play. Also your favorite team. I just am curious to see what your guys favorite teams and players are. I don't know if this thread will go anywhere since I do not know if anyone follows basketball, but what ever maybe everyone does.

To start off, my favorite players are Tracy Mcgrady and Steve Francis.

P.S.- Steve Francis has been traded onto the New York Knicks. They are fricking stacked now, they have:
- Stephon Marbury
- Steve Francis
- Jalen Rose
- Jamal Crawford
- Nate Robinson
- Quentin Richardson
- Eddy Curry
And thats just off the top of my head, so to conclude they are my favorite team as of now.

#73573 Vidio Games

Posted by Rip32 on 19 February 2006 - 04:00 PM in Off Topic

Halo 1 and 2. Back in the day Halo 1 was the shit. Me and my clan even had a realy nice website, and entered games for money. Now in halo 2 theres no competion in clans and there are too many modders after like level 30. Now I don't play much games but if I do I play madden 06 and NBA live 06.

#73313 Double Barrel Nf

Posted by Rip32 on 16 February 2006 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

I guess its time for you to get a new lnl. Don't worry though, they only go for about $112 on ebay. Anyways, good job on your nf.

#72213 Sawtooth Mod: Big Clip

Posted by Rip32 on 03 February 2006 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

I might consider buying it, if you could give me and aproximete range on it.

#72165 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Rip32 on 02 February 2006 - 09:05 PM in Homemades

Me likey your Snapy- 1.

It kind of looks like a little brother to Bolts FAR.

#72161 The Sexbow 2.0

Posted by Rip32 on 02 February 2006 - 08:06 PM in Modifications

Wow, those paintjobs are realy amazing. The paint looks realy thin, radiant and clean. Are you going to convert your at2k and LBB, to match the X bow or BBB. Or are all your guns gonna be a different paint scheme?

#71433 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by Rip32 on 22 January 2006 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow, DCNO was realy funny even though I coulden't stick around. Now I live in VA, but I used to live in Maryland. As I am on the way, I see we only have one more turn on the mapquest sheet, and I see my old house. It then turns out the place where DCNO is, was my elementary school. Haha, that makes my day, plus I got my X bow, hopefully I will be able to nerf tommrow.

#71258 Long Range Gun

Posted by Rip32 on 19 January 2006 - 05:02 PM in General Nerf

First of all, are you planning on modding your guns or not.
- If you don't want to mod, then yea a nf is good for you.
- If you are gonna mod your blasters to shoot micros, I would not suggest the nf, because the new editions suck, when modded with pvc. PETG works better.
- The LBB is a good primary, aswell as the maxshot, and also a BBB, which can be modded with pvc, to shoot micros. You can probably pick up a BBB or LBB at your local toyrus.
- As for the lnl, when stock it shoots megas, so you could buy it and mod it with pvc or something. It will cost you about $20, if your lucky, but usualy more.

I think your best bet would be a BBB, and NF if you do plan on modding, and an at2k or 3k and NF if you don't plan on modding.

#71255 An Actual "nite Finder" Mod

Posted by Rip32 on 19 January 2006 - 04:33 PM in Modifications

Wow, that is a realy nice mod. I also like the maglite, and how cleanly you were able to pop it on. It reminds me of Hunters nf, because he had a maglite, that had the switch in the exact same spot.

#70827 Artemis Arms Mountain Rifle

Posted by Rip32 on 11 January 2006 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

Wow, that is amazing. You just keep bringing good new mods, and ideas right after another. That is the tightest Titan I have seen, and the ranges are sick.

#70782 Hornet Stock

Posted by Rip32 on 11 January 2006 - 03:51 PM in Modifications

Thats the first Hornet stock I have seen, I like it. Is that stock sturdy enough? Maybe you could try another way of attaching, instead of just taping it. Other than that, good job.

#70732 Best Member Of 05

Posted by Rip32 on 10 January 2006 - 04:42 PM in Off Topic

I think either Cx, Starbuck, or boltsniper should be nominated best member of 05. All have contributed so much, and this site woulden't be what it is without them, and this site woulden't even be here without Cx.

#70695 Artemis Arms Bulldog (nf)

Posted by Rip32 on 09 January 2006 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

Wow, that is the best mega stefan mod write-up I have seen. Also to get 75.4, and an average of 65.7 feet with a pvc modded new ed. nf is pretty amazing.

#70558 Nf In A New Color Scheme

Posted by Rip32 on 06 January 2006 - 10:42 PM in General Nerf

Here is a nf in its new color scheme. Pretty sweet, I like a little better than the old nf color scheme. This might be old news, and is already posted on Nerfhq. Just wanted to post it anyways, since some people porbably haven't seen it yet.
Posted Image

#70304 Ruffstuff Safe Darts

Posted by Rip32 on 02 January 2006 - 04:55 PM in Modifications

Pretty sweet.

#70277 Sad Clown.

Posted by Rip32 on 02 January 2006 - 12:58 PM in Modifications

I realy like the paintjob and spirals. It is very orignial, and its a clean mod. Do you know the ranges for it yet?

#70222 Some Fresh Mods From Me

Posted by Rip32 on 01 January 2006 - 03:07 AM in Modifications

All are your mods are really tight, and well done. The Titan is my favorite out of the three. I like its colors and different barrels. The ranges for your Titan and at2k must be sick.

#70154 Best Long Range Gun

Posted by Rip32 on 30 December 2005 - 04:55 PM in General Nerf

Correct me if I am wrong.
I think a titan and sm 5k, can be modded to shoot farther than any other nerf gun, but that dosen't make them the best long range gun.
There are other aspects like accuracy, range, rof, feel, shape, size, etc.
Since you are new, and you should look for a gun that is easy to mod, not so expenisive, and still being sold in stores.
I think your best bet is an at2k, which you can either single or quad, or a bbb, which is also a fairly easy mod aswell. Both are still sold in stores.
If you want to buy a gun that is not manufactured anymore, try a maxshot, which is another fairley easy mod, and it is not so expenisve. You can also try a crossbow, but they will probably be more expenisve and harder to find than a maxshot. Hope I helped.

#70050 Nerfhaven In The Press!

Posted by Rip32 on 28 December 2005 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

[QUOTE]
Groove probably is our hottest nerd, though with my new shaggy hair I can look pretty "scene".

Wow, and our gayest nerd is....

Just joking around

#70036 Dc War Winter 2005-6

Posted by Rip32 on 28 December 2005 - 12:20 PM in Nerf Wars

The adress of where the war is gonna be is 25 minutes from my house. I will most likely be able to come, and any day is fine for me.

#69973 First Gun?

Posted by Rip32 on 27 December 2005 - 05:06 PM in General Nerf

A Sm 5k, sm 750, and sm 1.5k were all my first guns. I dont remember which one I got first. I got intrested after wars with my friends in the basement and in backyards.

#69925 Mark Series Modded Nf

Posted by Rip32 on 26 December 2005 - 11:56 PM in Modifications

Nice job, on the nf paintjob. Maybe you could add a little more blue on some spots, but thats just my taste.

#69745 The Luger

Posted by Rip32 on 23 December 2005 - 12:12 AM in Modifications

Wow, that is amazing. At first I did not read the description and I thought that was the actual gun, until I saw people commenting on how realistic it looks.

#66926 Alternative Barrel Material

Posted by Rip32 on 01 November 2005 - 01:21 PM in General Nerf

Seems too good to be true.

#64402 New! Sharpshooter II00!

Posted by Rip32 on 26 September 2005 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

Wow, that is probaly one of the cleanest and most efficent gun integration yet. MY favortie integration yet, oh yea and the name is pretty tight too.

#62068 Lets Make It Simple

Posted by Rip32 on 16 August 2005 - 01:45 PM in Modifications

I think there is a mod for the rf 20 on the the merry men of michigan site.

#62021 Buzz Bee Stuff

Posted by Rip32 on 15 August 2005 - 07:48 PM in General Nerf

For some reason my walmart does not have any buzz bee toys and the nearest kmart is too far so I don't bother. One alternative is to buy the guns on buzz bees website. It is also better since they do not sell all of those guns at walmart/ kmart.

Heres the link
http://www.buzzbeeto...rs/default.html

I don't realy know how to order it from the site, you might need to call them and ask.