KirbySaysHi's Content

There have been 100 items by KirbySaysHi (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59764 Titan Mod

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 20 July 2005 - 04:30 PM in Modifications

Sorry that this is such an old topic, but I had an idea.

I don't own a titan.

Has anyone tried taking a double-stroke, high output pump like those found in the bike departments of stores and using it to replace the titan stock pump? It seems like the main drawback to that monster is the slow rof due to pumping, and if that could be accelerated, then I think it would be beneficial.

Shitake, with the size of that thing, you might even be able to just stick a huge tire pump on there!

Copy!

#59763 Modifying Bb Guns To Shoot Micros

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 20 July 2005 - 04:24 PM in Modifications

Less pumps! Yes!

Which bb gun did you use? It must have been pretty high end in order to have enough air to punch through those stefans.

#59493 Modifying Bb Guns To Shoot Micros

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 16 July 2005 - 11:03 PM in Modifications

Hmmm... Interesting, but what's the difference between that and doing a barrel swap on a cheap paintball marker?

Also think about this: it's made to shoot pellets (5 grams?) and a single stefan usually have at least two bbs in them, bringing the grand total to over or around 10 grams. I think you are better off either buying a brass eagle gun or an at2k!

Money (!)

Copy!

#58662 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 04 July 2005 - 06:39 AM in Modifications

Well, I think that no link = shitake mushrooms. At least you tried!

#58630 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 03 July 2005 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

What about that new compressor from Canadian Tire. It "Says" it can inflate an air matress in under 2 min. It only costs 30$ and comes with 2 compressors and a docking station to re-charge it?

Blink, is there a link you could provide?

#58621 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 03 July 2005 - 08:53 AM in Modifications

About those air mattress compressors...

I believe that a typical air mattress holds at max 10 psi (probably closer to 4-6). A PVC airtank would need anywhere from 50-120 psi in order to make a pc cycle. I realize that these are just guesses, but nerf darts seem to like high pressure low volume tanks, since the darts have little mass.

So I don't think that a matress compressor would be powerful enough... but that would be nice!

Copy!

*EDIT* Schveet idea devious!

#58620 Maverick

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 03 July 2005 - 08:47 AM in Modifications

Has anyone tried sacrificing three barrels; hacking off the blue connection around the original orange barrel tip, opening the top for longer barrels, and making only three extended brass/PVC barrels so that it can still rotate around part of the way.  I am assuming the turret can rotate both directions, and turns clockwise automatically.  Three shots would be fineif everything else worked well.

I don't think I understand what you hope to accomplish by taking out three barrels. The main problems with the mav in my opinion, are that the seal between the plunger and turret is bad, and that the turret rotates on the trigger pull and not the cock. I tried drilling the air restrictors, I tried changing out the barrels with cpvc. Getting that turret to fit perfectly once it has been taken apart is so difficult that I've declared my mods unsuccessful. And by my mods, I mean other people's mods that I tried. With the cpvc, sometimes, when the plunger is PERFECTLY pressed up against the turret, the dart goes a flying... but most of the time, the dart makes it halfway out of the barrel and jams my gun.

I think having just three barrels would only increase the lack of seal (damn dirty double negatives!).

The only thing I would do to a mav if a bought another one would be to allow the turret to swing farther out. Because that rocks. (!)

Anywho, this has all been said before, but seriously. I don't want to believe it. The mav looks and seems so cool! I just don't want the above to be true.... too bad.

Copy!

#58406 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 28 June 2005 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

If you want a battery powered air compressor, the Campbell Hausfeld should do fine. I own one that I use for my air cannons. While it is slower than my plug in, it is really handy for when an outlet is not readily available.

I also think that a schrader valve would do a pc wonders. You could pump, or use an air tank/compressor. OR, even connect two pumps for SUPER DOUBLE MEGATON PUMPING ACTION!

And, if you would like some help, quasar, with some sort of tank, let me know... I'm pretty good with compressed air.

Copy!

#58327 Nf Spring Excahnge?

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 27 June 2005 - 09:30 AM in Modifications

A day later, but who cares.

I found that my local Farm and Fleet sells a perfect spring that to replace the nf's stock spring (and yes, the orange and yellow version is much weaker).

The measurements of the spring were:

7/8 x 4 x .080 in.

They came two to a pack, and are definitely stronger than even the original nitefinder.

#57844 Mav Barrel Mod?

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 20 June 2005 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

Thanks, I'm going to try sanding down the cpvc to provide a more loose fit... and that single barrel mav... whoa!

I'll let you know how it goes, which probably won't be till tomorrow morning. Thanks!

#57841 Mav Barrel Mod?

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 20 June 2005 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

Well folks, I did the CPVC barrel replacement for the mav, following Exterminator's directions exactly. I shot some micro stefans, and the results sucked. Literally, the darts didn't even make it out of the barrels the whole way (it would come partially out, then jam the revolver).

Right now, I'm thinking that the CPVC is too tight for the mav. It puts out such little air, that perhaps the usual benefits of a tight barrel are killed by friction. Before this, I also tried just drilling out the restrictors, and found that the range was less than my brother's stock mav.

This gun... so cool... yet blows. Anybody have some suggestions? I'm not going to post any pics, simply because mine looks exactly like on the mod right now.

#57314 Messing With A Sspb

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 12 June 2005 - 03:31 AM in Modifications

its tank is filled to the max with about 2-4 pumps (i havent plugged the pump tho).

How do you get yours to maximum power with 2-4 pumps without plugging the pump? The whole point of this mod really, is to make it one or two pumps, so that ROF is increased (since I believe it already has pretty good accuracy and such). And, if it gets some more power, then that's not bad either.

#57306 At2k Shotgun

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 11 June 2005 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

Looks pretty cool...

Although I'm not familiar with the at2k, is there a way to keep the handle/trigger assembly, rather than tossing it aside?

But that thing must be pretty powerful to be able to launch three darts that far...

#57301 Messing With A Sspb

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 11 June 2005 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

Hiya folks! I'd like to thank all the people who tried to help me with my nitefinder, even though it still doesn't work like I'd like it too. But here's something new!

I really like the sspb. With the stock casing on it, it even fits in your hand like a derringer! But, I thought it would be cool to rework its components into a small pistol (mainly because of the trigger config).

I figured I'd change the barrel, add a small ball pump, and reinforce the "airtank". One of those pumps should be able to fill the air tank rather quickly (1-2 pumps).

My only snag is my lack of knowledge regarding the valve. Mainly, where does it end, and where does the airtank begin? I'd just crack it open, but I'd like to have a better idea first.

Posted Image

Excuse the crudeness of the pic...

A: PVC/CPVC barrel just like the standard mods (maybe something else?)
B: A hole the size of the old barrel stub is drilled in the side of the new barrel, and the two are joined. The air has to make a "uie".
C: Here's where it gets questionable. I'm assuming that the valve is completely contained in the other section of orange, and that this is simply more airtank. If so, the orange is cut to rotate the "airtank input" area to point downward, rather than point up.
D: New airtank, composed of PVC.
E: Standard ball pump found at most sporting goods stores. A bike pump would work as well. The specific pump I have in mind also comes with a short hose. The hose would be glued into the PVC.

I would keep the airtank relatively the same size, so that only one or two pumps would be needed. With nerf, I've found that low volume/high pressure does wonders. Same with paintball. But anywho.

As far as casing goes, I'll get to that when it comes.

So, any ideas on if this will work? Any improvements? Seriously... Anything. Oh, and if anybody wants to roll with this, rock on as well. (I know I will be)

#56868 Crayola Plus Pvc Help

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 June 2005 - 02:16 PM in Modifications

Does the o-ring seal better? It seemed pretty loose when I pulled it off.

#56865 Crayola Plus Pvc Help

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 June 2005 - 01:55 PM in Modifications

I forgot to add in my description that I took the o-ring off of the plunger and replaced it with electrical tape... only for the better?

#56863 Crayola Plus Pvc Help

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 June 2005 - 01:20 PM in Modifications

I've got a whole lot of stefans hanging around with very few stock darts still surviving...

Right now, I'm just looking for range/power. Wouldn't I want to stick with micro stefans for that?

#56858 Crayola Plus Pvc Help

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 June 2005 - 12:26 PM in Modifications

You need a tighter barrel to dart fit. Get rid of the Crayola and use either Mega home made darts with ½” PVC, or the more common micros using CPVC.

*edit* Piney got to it before me ;D. But I'd have to say that I disagree with losing the PVC entirely. PVC will generally help performance with stock darts because it creates a seal around the tip of the dart ideally with the length is right. Then again I've never modded a nightfinder specifically with a crayola just other guns.)

So which is it? Would you recommend that I keep crayola with PVC or use 1/2" cpvc? And... if I should go with the CPVC, I use it as a nub, correct? And then extend the barrel using something else? I'm pretty new to that...

#56857 Crayola Plus Pvc Help

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 June 2005 - 12:23 PM in Modifications

Wow. Thanks for the quick responses! I'll try varying my stefans... Do you guys think a longer barrel (PVC) would help? And yes, I had already cleaned out the marker, but the litttle plastic bits still remain (those fins, and the pegs that hold the tip/resevoir).

Thanks again!

#56843 Crayola Plus Pvc Help

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 June 2005 - 10:05 AM in Modifications

Hi folks!

I've been nerfing since I was a wee lad (my brother and I used to play capture the flag across four backyards), and I've tried modding guns and such, but I've never been able to get the results you all talk about.

The gun in question is the nite finder. I've removed all the air restrictors (by drilling and keeping the "rings" intact), and then I added a crayola barrel, surrounded by approximately four inches of 1/2" SCH 40 PVC. The crayola/PVC are hot glued and electrical taped into place. I replaced the spring with a different one I found at a Farm and Fleet (7/8 x 4 x .080 inches), and I also added a small bungee that hooks perfectly onto the handle.

So, I have two questions: one, how much of the crayola marker should I use? Right now I'm using the entire marker (w/ writing tip). Searching through these posts has revealed nothing more than "use a crayola barrel" (no specifics). My PVC goes about an inch and a half past the crayola.

Second question: whenever I shoot a dart (stock or stefan) it whirly-gigs out, with a max range of about 20 feet. The dart flies in a straight path, but the back end circles through the air. To me, it almost looks like the gun is trying to push the back of the dart past the front, and that the two ends are in a struggle.

Sorry for the length of this post, but I've seen so many on this forum where the first response is "Details, please!" I have probably forgotten something important...

Thanks!

(and sorry for an nf question... sort of...)