KirbySaysHi's Content

There have been 100 items by KirbySaysHi (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#80521 Big Bad Bow Re-release Basic Micro Dart Mod

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 21 April 2006 - 02:44 AM in Modifications

Pictures may be unneccessary if you own the gun, but for me, they're mandatory when it comes to adding mods to the directory. If you add pics, then this dealio will get added to the directory ASAP. Otherwise, no go...

Copy!

#78841 Modification Page

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 05 April 2006 - 07:20 AM in General Nerf

If people already have write-ups that don't appear in the directory, presumably, they can easily ask Kirby to add it.

YES! I may be slow, and I may be sick of searching and reading through 10 pages of results, but it WILL be complete at one point.

And then someone else will make another mod.

And thanks for the compliment, ambushbug!

Copy!

#61102 Re: Spring Replacement

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 04 August 2005 - 01:05 PM in Modifications

Hey dude,

I found that my local Farm and Fleet sells the perfect spring! No cutting!

The measurements of the spring were:

7/8 x 4 x .080 in.

They came two to a pack, and are definitely stronger than even the original nitefinder. The packaging was a plastic bag, with the top of the bag being colored yellow where the measurements were listed. While these new springs are more powerful, I found that they were not so much larger as to cause structural damage or preventing the cocking mechanism from functioning. Rock it!

Copy!

#83208 Reinforcing Nf Internals

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 13 June 2006 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

My brother's NF did the same thing... I recently bought a brand new NF, but this time I epoxied the connection of the shaft to the plunger head. No problems yet...

#79781 The Yellow Jacket

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 12 April 2006 - 11:48 PM in Homemades

Vinyl tubing. You can get it in a variety of sizes...

Or, if you're trying to get to CPVC, then use some vinyl (they nest with a little bit of soapy water), and for the rest of the way, use a bicycle innertube.

How?

Well, you cut the innertube into long strips, about a half inch wide. Then you wrap the inner-pipe with the tube in a candy-cane pattern, and thread the pipe into the larger pipe. It forms nearly an airtight seal.

If you have any other questions, let me know!

Copy!

#75535 To Those Who've Cpvc's Mavericks...

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 March 2006 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

Are those ranges an average or just single shots?

See what I mean though? It's hit or miss, brother.

Copy!

#70737 Artemis Arms Bulldog (nf)

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 10 January 2006 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

Well this goes in the write-up directory... Nice write-up!

I also eagerly anticipate NerfMonkey's results of his experiment. I'd try it myself, but pretty much the entire town of Appleton, WI, is out of Nite Finders.

Copy!

#75457 To Those Who've Cpvc's Mavericks...

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 March 2006 - 01:27 AM in Modifications

I also agree.

Also, without creating a better seal between the plunger and the turret, any range gained with using cpvc will probably be missed. I've done the cpvc mod, and the turret is in such an unhappy balance that it's tough to see any improvement.

Copy!

#80522 Sharpshooter 1 Mod

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 21 April 2006 - 02:53 AM in Modifications

Nice mod, pal... and I'm sorry it took me so long to add it to the directory!

But first entries are always something special, eh?

Copy!

#80809 Maverick Pvc Mod

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 26 April 2006 - 01:37 AM in Modifications

Rings said it, but just to hear it from the source:

I only put mods in the directory from THIS site. Once all the older mods are added, then I'll start branching out with an actual website to take on the NIC. Grinch and I talked a little about it awhile ago, but right now I just don't have time.

Copy!

EDIT: I forgot to say thanks for the thoughts Spartan. If you'd like to contribute (by searching and sending me links and such) just let me know.

#70738 Cpvc/pvc Breech Writeup

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 10 January 2006 - 05:48 PM in Modifications

Added to mods directory...

Good Jorb!

Copy!

#57314 Messing With A Sspb

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 12 June 2005 - 03:31 AM in Modifications

its tank is filled to the max with about 2-4 pumps (i havent plugged the pump tho).

How do you get yours to maximum power with 2-4 pumps without plugging the pump? The whole point of this mod really, is to make it one or two pumps, so that ROF is increased (since I believe it already has pretty good accuracy and such). And, if it gets some more power, then that's not bad either.

#57301 Messing With A Sspb

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 11 June 2005 - 11:39 PM in Modifications

Hiya folks! I'd like to thank all the people who tried to help me with my nitefinder, even though it still doesn't work like I'd like it too. But here's something new!

I really like the sspb. With the stock casing on it, it even fits in your hand like a derringer! But, I thought it would be cool to rework its components into a small pistol (mainly because of the trigger config).

I figured I'd change the barrel, add a small ball pump, and reinforce the "airtank". One of those pumps should be able to fill the air tank rather quickly (1-2 pumps).

My only snag is my lack of knowledge regarding the valve. Mainly, where does it end, and where does the airtank begin? I'd just crack it open, but I'd like to have a better idea first.

Posted Image

Excuse the crudeness of the pic...

A: PVC/CPVC barrel just like the standard mods (maybe something else?)
B: A hole the size of the old barrel stub is drilled in the side of the new barrel, and the two are joined. The air has to make a "uie".
C: Here's where it gets questionable. I'm assuming that the valve is completely contained in the other section of orange, and that this is simply more airtank. If so, the orange is cut to rotate the "airtank input" area to point downward, rather than point up.
D: New airtank, composed of PVC.
E: Standard ball pump found at most sporting goods stores. A bike pump would work as well. The specific pump I have in mind also comes with a short hose. The hose would be glued into the PVC.

I would keep the airtank relatively the same size, so that only one or two pumps would be needed. With nerf, I've found that low volume/high pressure does wonders. Same with paintball. But anywho.

As far as casing goes, I'll get to that when it comes.

So, any ideas on if this will work? Any improvements? Seriously... Anything. Oh, and if anybody wants to roll with this, rock on as well. (I know I will be)

#80526 Mod Directory Notification Posts

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 21 April 2006 - 03:17 AM in Site Feedback

Folks,

I'm trying to add a post to every topic I add to the directory that says, "Added to the directory," or something to that extent. Obviously, I'm not going to start posting on years-old posts, but I am going to post on topics within the month or so.

The reason for this topic is really just to tell everyone that I don't mean to incite any old-topic posting flames, but rather want to make it easy to know if a mod has been added to the directory without having to check the actual directory. The other reason is that at the moment of this topic, the first five (!) topics of the modifications forum have me as the newest poster... I wouldn't want people to get annoyed with "overposts" when many are just directory notifications.

If anyone disagrees with this method, just let me know, and I'll stop.

Copy!

#60144 Sspb Question

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 25 July 2005 - 03:23 AM in Modifications

Really? I thought the only thing in the chamber was a back check valve as well as the actual valve (which seems to resemble a quick-exhaust potato cannon valve). I think the over-pressure valve is located only in the pump shaft. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Copy!

#80673 Mod Directory Notification Posts

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 23 April 2006 - 05:48 PM in Site Feedback

Why don't you just post multiple times and bump your own thread, citing "added___(insert mod here)______ to the directory". That way, your "Directory" post gets in on the current update box, and you won't have a half dozen ancient posts with your name as the last poster.

That sounds like an excellent idea. I'll do that from now on.

Copy!

#60109 Sspb Question

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 24 July 2005 - 06:35 PM in Modifications

Um... I believe there are a lot of other post around here about that... if you would like to search.

Otherwise, just saw off the front of the pump tube, taking care not to saw through the actual pump shaft. Then pop some hot glue on the end of the pump shaft... And glue everything back up.

There are also barrel swap mods, and expansion mods as well, if you'd search.

Copy!

#74343 Scout Pistol Mods?

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 26 February 2006 - 02:20 AM in Modifications

While I've never modded the Scout, I can't really offer any help, but maybe be a little more specific (pictures?) in your query?

Otherwise, check the mod directory, I know for a fact that ompa's scout mod is sitting there.

Copy!

#60771 My Cool And New At2k Air Tank. Check It Out!

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 01 August 2005 - 07:04 AM in Modifications

Well that's cool.

I think it's going to take a lot of pumps to prime such a large airtank, and that the benefits from having a large airtank will be wasted on such a light projectile as a nerf dart. BUT, maybe it'll be this amazing loser machine (cue "no losers in nerf" flaming)!

Copy!

#70739 Perfecting Ompas Titan Mod.

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 10 January 2006 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

It has been added! [to the directory]

Copy!