KirbySaysHi's Content

There have been 100 items by KirbySaysHi (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#83210 Co2 Nf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 13 June 2006 - 03:12 PM in Homemades

If you really want a co2 powered nerf gun, go buy a paintball gun by Brass Eagle called "Ghost" or "Blade02". They're the cheapest possible (for a paintball gun). Stick a mega stefan down the barrel, and pull the trigger. Done. Seriously. You don't need to add any sort of barrel, it fits already. If you want, you can cut off a bunch of plastic from the thing and mess around with a breech. About 40 shots at the most per cartridge. I did it with a ghost, before turning into a co2 airsoft gun (which, by the way, is a waste of money. You could kill somebody with that gun). For Nerf though, you need to make extrememly strong stefans, and replace them often. The gun becomes so powerful that the wear and tear on stefans is much higher than on a nerf blaster.

AND.. Yakkman did this same thing to a Blade02 gun back in the day, although I believe he modified it to shoot micros.

#82945 Co2 Nf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 June 2006 - 09:19 PM in Homemades

Anyways, umm... would it be a smarter way to go with a craola barrel then PVC pipe? I mean I know fast decompresion makes it cold (isn't that how they make Nitrogyen?) and might make it explode... But how many times would I be safe to do this without it doing so?

As long as the PVC isn't under pressure, you're fine. By pressure, I mean compressed air in a tank made of PVC. If you're just using pvc/cpvc to make a barrel/breech system, then you shouldn't need to worry about the cold. The PVC will hold for more than enough time for the pressure to be released by the dart exiting the barrel.

#60145 Clip Mod

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 25 July 2005 - 03:28 AM in Modifications

Wow, I really didn't think that it could be that simple (I thought that it had to be more complicated) and that is amazing. Good jorb!

Copy!

#80525 C02 Gun!

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 21 April 2006 - 03:05 AM in Homemades

I'd like to add, that when I've delt with CO2, it tends to be inneficient directly out of the cartridge (the cold temperature decreases the available pressure). That's why I THINK (I'm not sure) most paintball guns have an expansion chamber between the barrel, tank, and trigger; to allow the compressed air to warm up, even slightly to give more efficient pressures. But I could be wrong about this. What I'm saying, is that if the flow is horrible, or you find yourself using a lot of CO2 per shot, try creating an expansion chamber with another valve as a trigger. When I turned a Brass Eagle Ghost (I think it was called that) into a Nerf gun (inspired by Yakkman), I remember getting about 30 shots per cartridge, each shot going about 90 feet on the average, and most of my stefans getting blown apart from the excess force. So that demonstrates the potential of a CO2 powered gun...

Good luck, and brass all the way!

#80521 Big Bad Bow Re-release Basic Micro Dart Mod

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 21 April 2006 - 02:44 AM in Modifications

Pictures may be unneccessary if you own the gun, but for me, they're mandatory when it comes to adding mods to the directory. If you add pics, then this dealio will get added to the directory ASAP. Otherwise, no go...

Copy!

#60111 Barrel Clip

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 24 July 2005 - 06:39 PM in Modifications

It snaped in-half during the war. Lol

Well.. then I guess it didn't work very well, did it?

[Not meant to be offensive!]

Gun in half is a similar problem I am encountering while making my own homemade.

[sympathy]

And I sure hope this clip deal turns out to be amazing, because it LOOKS amazing!

Copy!

#57306 At2k Shotgun

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 11 June 2005 - 11:49 PM in Modifications

Looks pretty cool...

Although I'm not familiar with the at2k, is there a way to keep the handle/trigger assembly, rather than tossing it aside?

But that thing must be pretty powerful to be able to launch three darts that far...

#70737 Artemis Arms Bulldog (nf)

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 10 January 2006 - 05:41 PM in Modifications

Well this goes in the write-up directory... Nice write-up!

I also eagerly anticipate NerfMonkey's results of his experiment. I'd try it myself, but pretty much the entire town of Appleton, WI, is out of Nite Finders.

Copy!

#80524 Angels Bbb

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 21 April 2006 - 02:58 AM in Modifications

Added to the directory...

Copy!

[Sorry for the late post]

#74776 An In-line, High Capacity Clip

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 01 March 2006 - 02:59 AM in Homemades

I was just wondering what mechanism you used for your trigger? That's the part that always stumps me when dealing with homemades.

Also, your plunger looks really heavy with the handle on the end of it... is it, or am I being deceived?

Great work though, it looks super solid and quite simple when compared to other clips and loading mechanisms!

Copy!

#71301 An Actual "nite Finder" Mod

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 20 January 2006 - 01:14 AM in Modifications

Wow, that's nice. It REALLY needs pictures for the installation of the light though, to really be a kickass write-up.

It goes in the directory, just because it's cool. But it would have even a higher awesomeness factor if there were pictures to accompany the light (and by "IT" I mean the write-up; the gun is awesome regardless!).

Copy!

#71540 An Actual "nite Finder" Mod

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 23 January 2006 - 03:09 PM in Modifications

Hey, that's great. I think the next steps are pretty clear from here, since it's just soldering, right? Good work!

Copy!

#77785 Airtech 2000 Single Barrel

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 27 March 2006 - 02:05 AM in Modifications

Added to the Directory!

Copy!

#74775 Airsoft To Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 01 March 2006 - 02:49 AM in Modifications

I also wanted to add... that I've tried this, with almost the same marker as used by Yakman. Let me put it this way: unneccesary and waste of money when it comes to darts. If you want to get a good kick out of something, go and try it, but it's really impractical for nerfing for a couple of reasons.

1) CO2 becomes expensive (I'm not talking about nerf expensive, I mean expensive in the real world)
2)It's so powerful that the darts destroy themselves after one or two shots.
3)If someone got hit with this and the dart was intact... well it would be like getting hit with a plastic-coated steel weight at paintball velocities. Which is exactly what a stefan is...
4)Those cheap paintball markers have no way to change the air regulation, and the method used to release air from the canister is very primitive. This means that there is never any consistency between shots, AND you waste a ton of CO2 in the process.
5) So let's say you bought a really good paintball marker, and avoided the problems of #4... well now you just spent a ton of money on a product that is only going to shoot a stefan marginally farther. There is a limit to how far these things can be flung... and I think those limits are called physics.

But, it was totally fun to see foam fly that far and fast!

Also, there's a website that was dedicated to turning a cheap paintball marker into an airsoft s n i p e r rifle (there are these types in airsoft). He goes a little more in depth about the problems with these cheap markers.

Unconventional Airsoft - Gas Gun

I also made a variation on this beast... if anybody wants more info, PM me... this is a nerf forum, after all!

Copy!

#82943 Airsoft Springs

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 07 June 2006 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

If you go to your hardware store and buy this:

http://www.lowes.com...P23973&pad=true

(enter your zip code, it will show up)

You can use any nerf gun to shoot airsoft pellets. They fit perfectly into this tubing. They're not very accurate, though, and even my little Tanfoglio could outshoot a modified nite-finder any day, both in ROF, distance, and accuracy.

Shotguns for the win!

Any other questions, you can PM me... since this is a Nerf forum.

EDIT: While I was typing, Yogurt posted... Airsoft is actually just a scaled down version of a nerf plunger/tube, as far as I know. It's not like the spring hits the airsoft round: a plunger compresses air behind the round and the resultant force causes it to travel down the barrel. Of course, I may be wrong. Does anybody here know for sure?

#58662 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 04 July 2005 - 06:39 AM in Modifications

Well, I think that no link = shitake mushrooms. At least you tried!

#58630 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 03 July 2005 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

What about that new compressor from Canadian Tire. It "Says" it can inflate an air matress in under 2 min. It only costs 30$ and comes with 2 compressors and a docking station to re-charge it?

Blink, is there a link you could provide?

#58621 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 03 July 2005 - 08:53 AM in Modifications

About those air mattress compressors...

I believe that a typical air mattress holds at max 10 psi (probably closer to 4-6). A PVC airtank would need anywhere from 50-120 psi in order to make a pc cycle. I realize that these are just guesses, but nerf darts seem to like high pressure low volume tanks, since the darts have little mass.

So I don't think that a matress compressor would be powerful enough... but that would be nice!

Copy!

*EDIT* Schveet idea devious!

#58406 Air Compressors In Nerf

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 28 June 2005 - 07:25 PM in Modifications

If you want a battery powered air compressor, the Campbell Hausfeld should do fine. I own one that I use for my air cannons. While it is slower than my plug in, it is really handy for when an outlet is not readily available.

I also think that a schrader valve would do a pc wonders. You could pump, or use an air tank/compressor. OR, even connect two pumps for SUPER DOUBLE MEGATON PUMPING ACTION!

And, if you would like some help, quasar, with some sort of tank, let me know... I'm pretty good with compressed air.

Copy!

#82355 A.b.p

Posted by KirbySaysHi on 26 May 2006 - 05:11 AM in Homemades

It depends on your application:

If you've got high pressure, then you need low volume.

If you've got low pressure, then you need high volume.

For a nerf dart, the high pressure low volume tends to work well, where as with a cannon, low pressure high volume works well.

As far as actual psi... I have no idea. In writing this, I realized I probabaly wasn't any help. Sorry for that?