Kyrativ's Content

There have been 122 items by Kyrativ (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#223812 Sof Vancouver War (july 21)

Posted by Kyrativ on 15 April 2009 - 05:35 PM in Nerf Wars

I've been trying to get together a plan for me and my best friend down to it, i might but still not sure, its a fair drive for me.

#222922 The World Is Yours

Posted by Kyrativ on 10 April 2009 - 10:29 PM in Off Topic

Okay im no english scholar but heres some things to do:
-less extreme details
-less focus on the omg gunzerz swat dual wield deagles super rad blow em up stuff
-more flowing rather than, all of a sudden he was here! then here! and here!
-maybe more realistic, if some guy sniped 7 people, planted 6 bombs two of which in new york, and assualted 3 cops hes not going to be able to run from the law that easy.
-whats his name?
-dont appear in your own story ie:
"i'll give you a hint of where they are..."
-just overall more realism and less blow em up gun "badass" stuff right now you sound like a cross between a grade 7 obsessed with CoD4 and Michael Bay

I hope this Is not for a school project because teachers dont like to read this sort of story.

#220492 New Longshot Mod

Posted by Kyrativ on 29 March 2009 - 03:58 PM in Off Topic

This just in!

TALIO IS A DICK!=)

Seriously though what was the point of this, youve just earned a swift e-kick in the ass, enjoy.

#218863 My Friends Won't Let Me Play Zombies Anymore

Posted by Kyrativ on 19 March 2009 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

Cant wait. Ive got a MS but its inconvenient to have to repump in mid war only to release all you ammo in 4 seconds. i will have to do this mod once you do right up. I love how the MS looks like a paintball marker (sans hopper and 8.5'+ barrel).

#218407 Lancer Battle.

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 March 2009 - 09:04 AM in General Nerf

I would love to see angel win because clearly he would, but it would be even funnier if he lost. My vote is for SGM.

#218225 The Rorkblast

Posted by Kyrativ on 16 March 2009 - 09:19 AM in Modifications

Very nice. There is one thing I would do differently, though; drill a hole in the 4B's tank and splice some tubing from it onto the AT2K tank, with a check valve in between. With an extra pump or two on the 4B you fill up the AT2K at the same time and that way you only have to use one pump!

Seriously though, that is an awesome gun.

Been there, done that. I did that with a 3k tank and no check valve, the 3k had a single barel for long rang and i kept the stock barrel for missile shooting for the heck of it, Ill post pics in a while.

On-topic:
This is reminds me of the crooksbow as well. One thing is that just hot glue holding the at2k on though? In cold enough weather hot glue gets pretty brittle and just snaps/breaks off of things, not sure what the weathers like in your area though.

#217281 Watchmen

Posted by Kyrativ on 10 March 2009 - 08:49 AM in Off Topic

Alright i'll throw in my thoughts since I've read the book and seen the movie. I felt the first half of so of the movie was very true to the novel but as soon as rorschach was put in prison they started to change it or cut it short. I did not like how they changed who said certain lines, and i did not like the added lines , though they might have helped explain the story a bit i felt like the graphic novel had much better dialogue. The soundtrack was kind of funny because it seemed so retro and happy for a movie set in such a dark time. One other thing that bugged me were the actors for ozzy and Dr. manhattan, Ozzy's actor was two young and Doc manhattan had a very soft voice for the fact that he was a totally ripped blue guy capable of exploding people/things, In the book i pictured him with a much more load and powerful voice.

#214964 What... The... Fuck...

Posted by Kyrativ on 25 February 2009 - 06:49 PM in Site Feedback

Although I've been thinking the same thing...Vacc is right, it is just better to talk to a moderator about the problems privately to let them know your thoughts on the site and that it *maybe* requires some changes. ather than post a topic where all the noobs your talking about will come and either:
1. Try to redeem themselves by justifying theyre crappy posts.
2. Blame it on someone else.
3. Try to reverse it on you by bringing up any problems in your past 10 posts or so.

Seriously the moderators have brains, they will get to it, but they have lives as well.

#213202 The Future Of Nerf

Posted by Kyrativ on 18 February 2009 - 12:33 AM in General Nerf

In the future i hope to see nerf evolve into a slightly recognized "sport" or "recreation activity", With hasbro on this tour thing with dart tag, the SoF team/trip, Angels Massacre, and that we have more members than ever so in terms of popularity the future looks good.
In terms of guns Well probably end up with more guns n-strike guns and possible a new line of smaller and hand to hand guns that go with the N-force swords. The dart tag line will probably grow substantially because its more geared towards sport play and by the sounds of Hasbro, thats what they want.

#211709 Airsoft In Australia

Posted by Kyrativ on 12 February 2009 - 01:54 AM in Off Topic

I'll do this as polite as possible, two things wrong here
1) this is a nerf forum
2) there are very few australian nerfers, probably even less who airsoft.
You wont get much help here but I wish you luck with this!

#209854 Torque Bow

Posted by Kyrativ on 06 February 2009 - 12:27 AM in Modifications

Hey
Im planning something like this too. Send me a pm and I'll share idea's.

#209390 One Of My Worn Steel Longshots Is In The 2009 Nercore Calender

Posted by Kyrativ on 04 February 2009 - 01:07 AM in General Nerf

You lucky bastard.

#208812 Super Bowl Xliii

Posted by Kyrativ on 01 February 2009 - 10:41 PM in Off Topic

The "fumble" near at the last 30 seconds was a load of shit! you could clearly see his arm go forward and release the ball.

#208182 Calgary/ West Canada War?

Posted by Kyrativ on 31 January 2009 - 11:35 AM in Nerf Wars

That would cost alot of money, There is a pretty good place near my house.

My mom might be able to drive me, my best friend and !maybe! another person to the vancouver SoF war, If you are interested in going send me a pm and right now me and my best friend are trying to sort out jobs for getting prepared for the war. (modding, painting, dart-smithing, holster building...)

Keep in mind that I expect gas money for my mom who would be driving us there and back.

#208108 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Kyrativ on 31 January 2009 - 12:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Rad!
I can probably get myself and a friend to the Vancouver war...time to get into the war prep mode.

#207844 Vulcan 50 Dart Belt Ammo Box

Posted by Kyrativ on 30 January 2009 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

Immune?! I hope you know that there are admins to ban tards like you. As for your "mod" I saw the exact same thing from some 11 year old on youtube, I would'nt be surprised if your him...

edit: renegade beat me to it, stupid slow psp typing :angry:

#207304 Element Ex-6 Question

Posted by Kyrativ on 28 January 2009 - 05:03 PM in General Nerf

No Its got the same clear plastic things in the LS scope in a new shell.

#207173 Buzzbee Belt/chain Blaster

Posted by Kyrativ on 28 January 2009 - 10:41 AM in General Nerf

My buddy got this yesterday, weve got plans for it, a write-up will be up soon I hope. As for the name stop being lazy and type it, do we really need abbreviations for every blaster?

#206265 The Nerf Schofield

Posted by Kyrativ on 25 January 2009 - 02:07 PM in Homemades

Thats really awesome, I remember when i was a noob I wanted to make a colt revolving rifle, I've still got the idea maybe I'll go trying to find springs sometime soon. Thats a really cool looking thing you have right now but there are some things you could try if you ever make a mark three.
1) Maybe see if you can upgrade to 1 3/8" for the plunger
2) the coupler at the end of the plunger is hogging a lot of room, maybe if you cut it down and enlarged the gun (spring, cocking handle/bar/hammer) you might get some better range out of it.

Thats all I can think of right now...

#206123 Clash Of The Coasts!

Posted by Kyrativ on 25 January 2009 - 12:42 AM in Nerf Wars

Im sorry I dont want to sound like too much of a douche, but this has to be the most unorganzied war thread ive ever seen for the size you want this war to be. Also how is this "clash of the coasts" if its in NJ? Thats just one coast, if you think shitloads of people from the west are going to NJ to attend this "war" you kind of need a reality check.

#205050 Calgary/ West Canada War?

Posted by Kyrativ on 20 January 2009 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright sorry about the lack of details for the war, only like 3 people were able to come anyways so we played halo most of the time instead. Im thinking we should start getting dates available for wars throughout the spring and summer as well as locations.

Also since everyone else is saying, I live in the SE outskirts of calgary in cranston.

#204647 Calgary/ West Canada War?

Posted by Kyrativ on 19 January 2009 - 01:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Attention! small war at the school in parkland, tuesday 20th after exams, more details tommorow.

#204584 Calgary/ West Canada War?

Posted by Kyrativ on 18 January 2009 - 10:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Iv'e done some medium mods but nothing over the top, however i plan on doing an angel breeched LS in the summer.

#204222 Calgary/ West Canada War?

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 January 2009 - 07:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright, there's is a good number of people here so far, if the Calgary guys and Edmonton guys meet we could probably do some 4-4 or 5-5 rounds depending on friends and people whop could make it etc.

#204132 Calgary/ West Canada War?

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 January 2009 - 02:10 PM in Nerf Wars

thanks hoceky, i'll update the list also if you guys have friends that nerf let me know and I'll put them down as well.

#204096 Larping Weapons

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 January 2009 - 11:51 AM in Off Topic

Screw the guns, those swords and stuff look badass! I would get one if it didn't cost 40-50 bucks, I'll just wait to get one of those Nerf swords coming out...

#204093 Glue Gun Exploded

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 January 2009 - 11:46 AM in General Nerf

Alright then, I see your point. Mainly I didn't feel like going to buy a new one, since its -10 with windchill in central Ohio. Thanks everyone.

And JSB, maybe an eliminator would fit in there. Hmm.

big fuckin whoop, -10, get your ass out there, up in canada last month it was -39 and we still had to do shit like it was a normal day, quit your bitchin!

Im kinda sorry if that sounds harsh but thats one of the pussiest excuse's I've ever heard.

On topic Just buy a new one, however the dollar store brands suck, get yourself a real glue gun, they are range from 15-30 bucks but they are much more superior to dollar store mini's.

#204090 The New Firm

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 January 2009 - 11:36 AM in Homemades

wow, this thing has just changed my feelings for you rork. I've always thought the SNAPbow as a cheap rip off of two other peoples designs...Then you make this contraption with a turret and I must say that it looks really good, I also like the gun underneath. What's the air output like on the little one, could you maybe make it double barreled?

Edit: It needs a paintjob, with a good one it would really make it alot more clean and tidy then the white/beige mix of plastic right now

#204018 Calgary/ West Canada War?

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 January 2009 - 12:02 AM in Nerf Wars

So Ive looked around the boards and recently it seems like there is more and more canadian nerfers as well as some on the West coast. I'm making this thread to gather people from the Calgary area and possibly get some wars going on up here, the U.S. shouldn't get all the fun. Anyways if you could make it to a War in calgary or somewhere nearby post here and maybe we can get together and do something in the spring/summer depending on how long this weather lasts.

Currently there are a only a few people that i know of nearby however I hope the list grows...anyways:

Calgary
Kyrativ
j@k3 n3rf3r
Hoceky
Killim spree
Nuuk

Edmonton
Element of Nguyen
duit14

Vancouver
min.tee.
Zerves
Betrayal
nobber

If there is anyone out there, send me a pm or post in this thread and maybe we can get a more established nerf group in Calgary.

#203500 Vinyl Tubing Bonding

Posted by Kyrativ on 15 January 2009 - 12:51 AM in General Nerf

I find barbed fittings at Home depot. Im really sorry that you are having all these problems with the guns I traded you. They worked when I had them. I made sure of that before I put them in the mail.
You are looking for 1/4od barbed fittings, they look a bit like a dumbbell.
EDIT: 900th post....

Well actually the 2k was my fault, i think i fucked up when i plugged the pump and i was just doing some shootin around my house and it suddenly stopped working, I opened it and sure enough the black pointy piece had broken off. As for the sm750 i have it working again it just has weak range and accuracy. Thanks for the help and Ill be sure to go to home depot sometimes soon and get this moffo working again.

#203400 Vinyl Tubing Bonding

Posted by Kyrativ on 14 January 2009 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

Alright so I live in Canada, where would I find the fittings or are there any online stores that ship to Canada that have stuff like this?

#203386 Vinyl Tubing Bonding

Posted by Kyrativ on 14 January 2009 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

Ok so my 2k check valve got fucked, I realized though that a magstrike pump fits almost perfectly over top of a 2k pump, so i cut the check valve end off of my extra magstrike pump and jammed it over the end, however I need to connect the ends of the tubing (magstrike pump to 2k goo gauge tubing) So what would be the best way to do this? I've been thinking of using those barbed tubing connectors however I cant find any in near me, if you know where let me know.
Thanks.

#203174 Rear Loading Maverick

Posted by Kyrativ on 13 January 2009 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

The holes in the back of the (stock) turret are made to fit the size of the plunger opening, you might be able to fix this though. Take a very thin craft foam or felt with the feltiness burned off then glue it to the front of the gun where the turret is pressed against, this will make a better seal and save your mav. Good luck!

#201924 Nerf Nstrike Ammo Box

Posted by Kyrativ on 08 January 2009 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

thats cool, if it can hold 300 nerf darts then it should hold 500-700 stefans...I see angel buying lots of these for his wars when he makes like 2000 stefans.

#200808 New Hornet Mod

Posted by Kyrativ on 03 January 2009 - 12:36 PM in Modifications

Thats a pretty clean mod you have there, if you have the patience try doing what ompa did to his hornet (write-up in directory) and let us know the ranges, also what size pvc did you use? I'm asuming 1/2" but I've only seen hornet internals once and I forget how big or small the tanks are in case you used a different size.

#200754 Vulcan?

Posted by Kyrativ on 03 January 2009 - 01:11 AM in General Nerf

Well yes the vulcan can get more than 20 ft without modifications, however if your nerfing in a backyard it would be retarded to lug around such a big gun for the range necessary, I would recommend using a firefly, recon, magstrike, or even a rapidfire 20 if your eager for ROF.

edit:
damn it eclipse you beat me to it!

#200750 Vulcan?

Posted by Kyrativ on 03 January 2009 - 12:54 AM in General Nerf

I know that I'm new to the haven so BEAR with me please. On to the topic, as you can guess by the title, do you guys think the new gun, the "vulcan" is really worth it? I have money to spend from Christmas so I was wondering whether to get that or a longshot. Any feedback would be nice. Ranges would also would be appreciated as well as "modibility" so to speak. Thanks :D

Posted Image
Bear?

As for the vulcan, It depends on what works for you, the vulcan is very bulky and heavy and is generally impractical at a nerf war, however with extensive modifications it can get decent ranges for its size. With little modification the vulcan excels at ROF and its high ammo count however range and accuracy are not its strong points, get some friends and have a couple wars in your neighborhood, find out what works for you and then decide to get what would help your gameplay. Hope this helps and good luck with your decision!

#200414 '08 Highlights

Posted by Kyrativ on 02 January 2009 - 12:50 AM in General Nerf

highlights:

Vacc and talio coming back to the forums
The +bow
Finally getting my account registered
Angels roll of amazing blasters+write-ups
the amount hasbro and the NIC improved over the year (vulcan, recon, videogame, more members, more wars)

#200022 Air Tank Smoke

Posted by Kyrativ on 31 December 2008 - 05:07 PM in General Nerf

So I was able to fix my sm750 and I was doing some range testing, after the shots I noticed that there was white smoke lingering in the barrel, I did several searches but found nothing. I tried other air guns and my at3k was doing the same thing. Is this smoke harmful or mean anything?

#199776 Sm750 Problems

Posted by Kyrativ on 30 December 2008 - 01:04 PM in Modifications

Fuck man 44 times? I hope that is a typo. I told you to pump the thing 4 times. Yeah, 44 times would shoot the check valve to hell. That's likely your problem. I know you can buy check valves from McMaster.

I think his tank would explode before the valve died.
The same thing happened to me with an AT2k pump. The pump would shoot back out if you tried to pump it. But ya, it's the check valve in your pump.

Sorry that was a typo, I only pumped it 4 times, Im not retarded. Unfortunately I have got a bigger problem now, the plastic tube that connected the pump to the tank broke in half, is there a way to glue this?