UpperHand's Content

There have been 149 items by UpperHand (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#199627 Bows And Arrows As Nerf Weapons?

Posted by UpperHand on 29 December 2008 - 08:28 PM in Off Topic

Wait, you're padding real arrows? Really? That's retarded. The only thing you might be able to do with a bow is somehow use it to pull back a plunger, which would work like a springer.

#198840 Merry Christmas!

Posted by UpperHand on 25 December 2008 - 03:14 PM in Off Topic

I had a pretty shitty christmas haul myself, the only notable things are the video game Mass Effect and a Lonshot. Oh well, I suppose the break from school is the best gift of all. YAY!

#198321 I Hate Some Employees

Posted by UpperHand on 23 December 2008 - 03:19 PM in General Nerf

Dude, you realize you just got a person fired, don't you? Don't you think that you shouldn't be the one complaining? And besides, the employee has a point. We are too old to play with toy guns. If you really care about what you look like then you wouldn't be doing nerfing. Funny story though. :lol:

EDIT- I suppose he could relax a bit though...

#197884 Laser Sight Posibilities.

Posted by UpperHand on 21 December 2008 - 09:50 PM in Modifications

One word. Overkill.

#196990 Mech 6 Discussion

Posted by UpperHand on 18 December 2008 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

The reason a dart is fishtailing is usually because the weight isn't great enough in the front of the dart. Try adding some weight to the tips of the darts that you are already using.

#196988 Help?

Posted by UpperHand on 18 December 2008 - 03:20 PM in General Nerf

If it's new and not modded, just return it and get a new one.

#196770 New Member Grace Period

Posted by UpperHand on 17 December 2008 - 03:48 PM in Off Topic

To the people who said the grace period should be 5 posts long... Really? A member is allowed to act like a dipshit for 5 posts before being banned? I think a member should be given one, maybe 2 warnings. Then possibly a shorter ban than the 9999 day special.

#196184 The Ttg Of Furry, Called: Pubert

Posted by UpperHand on 14 December 2008 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

You are getting off the excess pubes on the outside right?

#196171 Home Made Forts

Posted by UpperHand on 14 December 2008 - 05:39 PM in Off Topic

Too bad you aren't talking about snow forts. We make some kick ass ones in the winter, because we live across the street from a parking lot for an office building, and have huge wars. That is what I made this for:
http://nerfhaven.com...958&hl=catapult
Mwahaha!

#196102 Work Soon To Be In Progress...

Posted by UpperHand on 14 December 2008 - 02:12 PM in Homemades

For the bungee cords, you could also use Mcmaster part 5234K962 (latex tubing). It works really well on a catapult I built and is very stretchy.

#196092 Work Soon To Be In Progress...

Posted by UpperHand on 14 December 2008 - 01:40 PM in Homemades

NO WRITE UP YET UNTIL I CAN ET THIS APPROVED BE A MAJORITY OF PEOPLE!

:(. Approved? Just go out and build it, you don't need anyones approval!

#196087 Painting A Batman Symbol On An At2k

Posted by UpperHand on 14 December 2008 - 01:06 PM in Modifications

The real question is, why would you want a batman gun? Just kidding. Anyways, I have found imaseoulmans method is better because for a stencil the paint can leak under the paper.

EDIT- Sorry, right after you posted. For the symbol you want you could connect the side of the tail or one of the wings on the bat to the black part. Then cut out all of the yellow part except for the little bridge between the yellow and black. Most people won't even notice the little "bridge", plus it will keep the batman symbol in the exact place you want it.

Also, if you use very thin coats, wait 10-15 between them, and do that you wont get any running under the paper or tape for that matter.

True dat. Maybe I just suck at paint jobs.

#196082 Painting A Batman Symbol On An At2k

Posted by UpperHand on 14 December 2008 - 12:35 PM in Modifications

The real question is, why would you want a batman gun? Just kidding. Anyways, I have found imaseoulmans method is better because for a stencil the paint can leak under the paper.

EDIT- Sorry, right after you posted. For the symbol you want you could connect the side of the tail or one of the wings on the bat to the black part. Then cut out all of the yellow part except for the little bridge between the yellow and black. Most people won't even notice the little "bridge", plus it will keep the batman symbol in the exact place you want it.

#195192 Thoughts On Homemade Safety

Posted by UpperHand on 10 December 2008 - 02:47 PM in Homemades

Holy shit, thats some pretty deep analysis. The main reason I think that air guns are banned at wars however, is that they don't have overpressure valves, so their users can pump them as much as they want. Sure the air power is only slightly more powerful than a springer at 5 pumps, but what is to stop the user from pumping 10 or 15 more times?

#195115 Electronics/motors

Posted by UpperHand on 09 December 2008 - 10:29 PM in Homemades

Thanks analogkid, and yes, thank you TantumBull. I suppose I was over complicating things. I guess I will just have to do a bit more research before I head over to Radioshack or wherever. I don't want to end up asking him what a proper amount of torque would be for launching nerf darts! :) . Sorry about overcomplicating things, and I'm off to do some more research. No need for further posts, unless someone has a book in mind that I could learn more about motors from.

#195046 Electronics/motors

Posted by UpperHand on 09 December 2008 - 07:10 PM in Homemades

I find it incredibly hard to believe that you could not find a source that would inform you about basic electronics. You are either retarded or need to try harder. We aren't here to hand you information or even give sources of information if the topic is really easy to find. If it were something that no one knew except for a select few nerfers, then okay, but not for something as easy to find as this.

I didn't mean simple electronics, but more like motors, torque, what is a reasonable RPM, etc. I was just seeing if people have read a book like that they could reccomend. Jeez!

#194993 Electronics/motors

Posted by UpperHand on 09 December 2008 - 05:01 PM in Homemades

I know people have made this kind of blaster, but I'd like to be original.

Then search.
And for the rest of your post, use google.

Perhaps you misunderstand me. I would simply like to know where I could go to learn more about motors and such, and apply it to a flywheel design. I had trouble finding a book or something that could help me with this.

#194979 Bitchslayer

Posted by UpperHand on 09 December 2008 - 04:16 PM in Modifications

With a gun that powerful, a main component is going to be accuracy, because you're shooting people from so far away. How is the accuracy? (be honest :o)

#194971 Electronics/motors

Posted by UpperHand on 09 December 2008 - 03:59 PM in Homemades

After the completion of my most recent homemade, I have decided that I want to build a nerf gun based off flywheels. A semi or fully automatic any other way would seem to hard to me, and I am not really interested in range as much as sheer output of foam :o. Now I'm not gonna say "Can one of you tell me how, so I can do it?" I know people have made this kind of blaster, but I'd like to be original. I would, however, appreciate it if someone directed me towards a good book/internet source for begenning motors that I could apply to a flywheel design. A book would be great too, considering christmas is coming up. Thanks.

-Upperhand

#194964 Scr-6 Rifle Homemade

Posted by UpperHand on 09 December 2008 - 02:47 PM in Homemades

Dosen't the hinge on the stock hurt to use?

No... And at AJ.Z, it probably because of the front handle. It looks signifigantly better w/out it.

#194794 Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod

Posted by UpperHand on 08 December 2008 - 03:42 PM in Modifications

I have heard Forsaken Angel is a pretty big guy, so his level shot might be a bit farther than yours.

#194722 Nf: Minimized Internal Coupler Mod

Posted by UpperHand on 07 December 2008 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

Cool, way to cut down on dead space, get better ranges, and keep it simple.

#194721 Scr-6 Rifle Homemade

Posted by UpperHand on 07 December 2008 - 10:15 PM in Homemades

That thing is just so fugly, it'd be funny to watch people get hit by it. Vacc said something like that awhile ago...
It is VERY ugly, but I really don't care.

It is very ugly in the most beautiful way. Good work.

It's ugly. Oh well. THink about putting less furniture on your next one.

Now I just feel bad... :)
I might take off the ladder sight, and will definitely clean up where the plunger tube attaches to the stock.

#194653 Scr-6 Rifle Homemade

Posted by UpperHand on 07 December 2008 - 07:51 PM in Homemades

Thanks. :P I understand how it works now. I thought you connected the front handle to it so it'll work like a shotgun.

I'm actually working on something like this with a shotgun grip. Can be seen partway complete here:
http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=14158

#194648 Scr-6 Rifle Homemade

Posted by UpperHand on 07 December 2008 - 07:27 PM in Homemades

Can you put it back together and get a picture of it cocked? Don't take a picture of the whole thing, just focus on the pressure chamber.

Sure. Not primed:
Posted Image
And primed:
Posted Image

EDIT- Hey AJ.Z, I don't think its THAT ugly... :P

#194636 Scr-6 Rifle Homemade

Posted by UpperHand on 07 December 2008 - 07:00 PM in Homemades

"You said that it doesn't use a rod in the back... do you mean the plungerhead consists of a end cap, some 3/4'' PVC, and a normal coupler instead of end cap, some 3/4'' PVC, and another end cap?"

Sorry, the plunger from front to back is:

Endcap with rubber washers in it like a snap, then 3/4" pipe, then a coupler. The spring is housed inside the coupler, and the coupler is sanded down, so that the trigger is locking over a coupler and not an endcap (same idea though). A picture is worth a thousand words:
Posted Image

#194625 Scr-6 Rifle Homemade

Posted by UpperHand on 07 December 2008 - 06:39 PM in Homemades

Let me start by saying the name is inspired by it being a "side cocking rifle" where the clip holds 6 darts. Now that that is out of the way, I give you a project that has had months of blood sweat and tears poured into it.
The SCR-6:
Posted Image

It has some similarities to the snap, but also several differences.

1: There is no bar coming out the back of the gun, which allows the user to hold the rifle to his chest before firing.
2: It has a built in "ladder sight" that Cartoon has explanations for here: http://nerfhaven.com...hl=Ladder Sight
I did however, put my own twist on it, where the ladder is on a hinge so it stays out of the way while firing, and is velcroed to the body. The view is like this:
Posted Image
3: It uses a stripper clip, but it is more like a chain, so that when the bottom barrel is loaded on the top barrel stays out of the users line of sight. It is connected via velcro so that when one barrel is damaged/breaks, it can be replaced: Posted Image
4: It has a hinge in the stock, (which is hollow), to allow the user to hold a second clip:
Posted Image
5: It has a stock, handle, and barrel support made of wood.
6: Last, but most importantly, it cocks from the side! It has a metal bar which has a rubber/foam grip to allow for easy firing:

As for the stats, it gets mid 80's. The plunger system is the same to the SNAPs, however, the spring is housed inside a 3/4" coupler. The ROF is a little faster than a NF.

Even though I am happy with the stats, my main goal was to create a relatively realistic looking rifle, that could still perform well enough to be my primary. I think I was sucessful. A couple more pictures of it just for kicks:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Questions, Comments, Flames?

-Upperhand

#194320 Airtech On Amazon

Posted by UpperHand on 06 December 2008 - 01:18 PM in Off Topic

Hahaha! Thats halarious, great find!

#194308 Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod

Posted by UpperHand on 06 December 2008 - 12:19 PM in Modifications

EDIT -- Sorry, Internet is screwy with my microwave on.

#194307 Rapid Fire Shotgun Mod

Posted by UpperHand on 06 December 2008 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

Im definetly going to do this, because I messed up my Doomsayer, but I'm a little confused on how to attach a barrel on there. Could you explain that a little more, hopefully with pictures? Thanks in advance.

#194306 Nbn A-1

Posted by UpperHand on 06 December 2008 - 12:05 PM in Homemades

For the trigger, it looks like you screwed in the metal L. What screws would be short enough w/out messing up the trigger?

EDIT- Also, when you cut a trench for the O-ring, how do you do it? I tried once=Effeminate fail.

#193880 What Does Everybody Use To Cut Brass?

Posted by UpperHand on 03 December 2008 - 10:04 PM in Modifications

Can I ask, Foamfoot, what the name of that is and if they go for any cheaper? Right now I just use safety goggles. Thanks

EDIT-- Never mind, found one.

#193811 Element Ex-6 Action Kit

Posted by UpperHand on 03 December 2008 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

We represent such a small portion of Nerf customers, that even if none of us were to buy the guns with dumb scopes and lights, it wouldn't make a difference. The company is going to keep selling blasters that appeal to the majority of littler kids, and the kids like scopes and useless accessories.

#193715 The Magbreech!

Posted by UpperHand on 03 December 2008 - 07:49 AM in Homemades

I have a Dremel 300 series, is this a good model for rotary tool? Also, are the diamond cutting discs that come with them good for cutting plastic, 'cause mine normally just melt the plastic. If not what would a good blade look like?

The 300s are great. Abrasive cutting isn't the best for plastics. The diamond can work, but you usually have to go slowly at the slowest speed. With relatively coarse "high speed steel" cutters you can go faster without melting.

What's so bad about melting through the plastic? I find that I get nice clean cuts that way, and it cuts fairly quickly.

Fumes! Just do it in a well ventelated area. Remember, if you aren't in California, you can't get cancer from that shit.

#193563 Homemade Air Tank Covers?

Posted by UpperHand on 02 December 2008 - 07:44 PM in Homemades

It might not be pretty, but I heard of someone who wrapped his potato cannon it duct tape and when it exploded the duct tape probably saved his life... but thats only a last minute fix at a war or something.

#193514 Big Snap Bow Made Into Nerf Shotgun

Posted by UpperHand on 02 December 2008 - 04:25 PM in Homemades

I'm so exited this came up. :D I am currently making a pump action shotgun homemade that I will post up in a while. It's about 50 percent complete. I have made the pump action part (power of a snap) and the way you cock it is via a handle underneath the snap, which you slide backwards to cock it, then forwards to load the breech. I have designed the breech but have yet to build it. Everything else is complete. I will probably post a writeup if possible.
Posted Image
Posted Image
P.S - Carbon, you are my role model.

#193247 Binding Wood And Pvc

Posted by UpperHand on 01 December 2008 - 08:32 AM in Homemades

Thanks everyone for the feedback, I really appreciate it. Once this thing is finished (once I get to Home Depot), I'll post it up here.

#193058 Ammo Belt And Cardboard Body Armor

Posted by UpperHand on 30 November 2008 - 04:20 PM in Modifications

I like the belt a lot. Where'd you get the material you put the cpvc on?

#192862 Binding Wood And Pvc

Posted by UpperHand on 29 November 2008 - 09:19 PM in Homemades

I made a wood stock for one of my homemade designs, and was wondering what is the best way to bind wood and PVC? Any help would be appreciated.

#191243 The Snap-r

Posted by UpperHand on 22 November 2008 - 10:02 AM in Homemades

What kind of paint job (if any) are you giving this monster? Nice work.