Team Slaya's Content

There have been 516 items by Team Slaya (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#88067 Question About Mini Micro Stefans

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 August 2006 - 04:11 PM in General Nerf

For the record, the term " mini stefan " really doesn't have much meaning if you don't specify the size of the FBR. Stefans made from 1/2" FBR (1/2" being the diameter of the foam) are generally termed micros, 5/8" are megas, and the only occasions where 3/8" was mentioned they were called nanos. Just trying to help you out with termage so that folks know what you're talking about.

TS

#87844 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 August 2006 - 07:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Ah, well it was good that you made it then.

I must also reinforce that this war kicked a lot of ass. Thanks to the 7(?) NJ people who came up, that really made the war. Those longshots are really good, I got nailed a lot from those suckers.

Overall I'm very sore, and extremely satisfied. Thanks guys and girl!

TS

#87797 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 August 2006 - 10:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Hope you guys enjoy the event. I am not lucky enough to be attending. I tried.

Ouch, that sucks. Sorry you couldn't make it.

That reminds me, what's the headcount on all of the NJers? Just curious. I'm bringing two, my friend in melrose is bringing 4 or 5, and I have his cell #. I also have OMC's cell #. Plus, we have a couple stragglers from here and NHQ who may show.

See you guys in less than 12 hours.

TS

#87598 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 August 2006 - 03:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay, 11 it is. I don't know what you mean by a large showing of us, per se, but there will be decent lot of us. I'm checking in with people tomorrow to solidify things, and I'll post/edit this tomorrow night.

There's also the milton crew, they have to tally themselves up. And there are a few random people not in any large group that need to be counted, as well as a few NHQ members.

TS

#87567 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 15 August 2006 - 06:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Yes, the park is named Cunningham Park. And as a notice to everyone, we should meet in the obvious looking parking lot at the front of the park.

And, since no one gave any feedback, I'm assuming it's just gonna be at 12. Objections?

TS

#87289 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 August 2006 - 12:59 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm DEFINATELY gonna be there.

I'll be bringing 1-2 people, as previously advertised.

I talked to my melrose buddy. He says that he's still unsure about his friends, but he's coming. I'm gonna check in with him tomorrow and get a head count.

The milton crew will probably be about 3-4 people as well.

There's other random people here and at NHQ as well. There's gonna be a good turnout from MA, don't worry about it.

About the time, 11-12 sounds good. Anyone wanna solidify it? I can make either, I think that 12 would maybe work better for the NJ'ers, for then they have more time to get up here. And I'd like to nerf for as long as possible.

TS

#87197 Video Games

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 August 2006 - 11:25 PM in Off Topic

Soldat is a great time waster. You can pop on, smoke a few guys, and be gone as fast as you got on. The comps in the game, however, are rather stupid at times, leaving you, in offline games, to fend for yourself.

There are way too many Barret whores on that game as well. They can 1hit anything, so that's what they use. Annoying, because machine gun firefights in that game get so fun online, especially with a couple people on each side. A definate must-play for people who like to have fun, however. :angry:

Worms was also a favorite of mine. No other game that I found was quite like it. It combined quirky graphics, smooth interface, skill, and exploding sheep into one game. I've been playing it for years, it really never gets old. Especially with multiple friends and loud music. Good times.

TS

#86864 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 August 2006 - 12:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome, NJ guys! Thanks for helping clarify the date. I'm really looking forward to this.

Now for specifics, we may as well start now. What time, about, should be there? Noon? I'm pretty flexible about this, it's really up to the NJ'ers, for I dunno when they're getting up, if they're driving up that morning. Whatever, we've got time.

TS

#86753 Lock N Load Mega Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 August 2006 - 10:41 PM in Modifications

Yeah, for megas/laramis you'll want to put in a PVC barrel. Make a couple length barrels, like 3", 3 1/2", 4", and compare ranges. Go for the best length, there's not really a certain definate length of the barrel that you need to use, I've used 3" on my NF and it works fine.

TS

#86752 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 August 2006 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

It would be a large stretch, and I highly doubt that I'd be able to make it then. We're supposed to go away the week of the 21st, so I'd have to not go then and go a week later. If it absolutely comes to that, okay. But I'd really rather not do so.

Is everyone else good for either the 19th or 27th?

TS

#86682 Lock N Load Mega Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 August 2006 - 11:27 AM in Modifications

I've used two PVC'd lock and loads at one of our wars, they were OMC's. They perfomed beautifully with a mini bungee on the end, too. I'd say it's worth the effort. Wait, is he using mega stefans or just mega darts?

TS

#86616 Nf Mod Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 August 2006 - 09:24 AM in Modifications

We were all lowly n00bs at this at one time or another, lancaster. :lol:

Anyways, on to the issues. Hot glue has always worked for me on NFs, I've never had to do anything drastic like epoxy or plumbers goop or anything. Hot glue it, make sure it's straight, and set it somewhere. Then when it's dry in like 3 minutes or so, wrap some electrical or duct tape around it for hold. It really shouldn't fall off, I did this with an uber crappy glue gun once and it worked.

By the way, there's a way to take a better advantage of yor guns when you're modding them. Since spring guns release air slower than air guns, a tighter barrel fit works so that pressure builds up behind the dart while it is held for the split second, allowing it to have more force behind the shot. This is the opposite in air guns; you want to have a looser fit because air guns release air pretty fast.

So, the point of this? If the 9/16ths is a slightly loose fit for your darts, cool. Use it on air guns. You might want to consider a slightly smaller barrel size, like 17/32, to make a tighter fit for said reasons. But this doesn't mean that you -have- to use that size. Some people on the haven use 1/2" brass. It's up to your darts, really.

Hope this helps.

TS

#86525 Mustang Six Modification.

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 August 2006 - 10:20 PM in Modifications

Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. So I'm guessing the reload time isn't bad at all, right?

TS

#86510 Mustang Six Modification.

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 August 2006 - 06:28 PM in Modifications

Any way that you see that this could be modded to be shell-less? I assume that one could completely take the shells out of the mechanism and try to fit brass or some barrel material in the turret. Would that work?

TS

#86507 Video Games

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 August 2006 - 06:25 PM in Off Topic

Ompa, please don't think that my post was intended to pick out which consoles are better and and pick on the others. It was merely my opinions, which can easily be argued with, which is the point of this topic, no? I'm sorry if it could have spiraled downwards that way, for it wasn't my intention.

/offtopic

Davenelz, you bring up a good point about games being outdated. But to use the same terms, older games for the Snes, Dreamcast, etc. are also "outdated". This doesn't mean that the games are bad or not worth paying for/playing. This is why I still have hope for new gen consoles. Yes, their graphical capacity might be outdated in a few years, and the people who like better, shinier graphics over good gameplay will flock to the next gen afterwards. But if a game is good or worth playing now, it'll still be worth playing X years afterwards to someone who hasn't played it yet. Plus, we can always wait until the price comes down, right? :wacko:

TS

#86506 Idea Of Longshot Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 August 2006 - 06:19 PM in Modifications

I'd think that most people will mod both the main gun and pistol seperately, to make things a bit simpler. At least, I'll be doing this for said reason. :wacko:

What do you mean by a tightbore barrel? Explain.

And if you don't think that the seal between the air output and barrel is gonna be good, I suggest against the idea in question, because you're gonna get crappy results if there's leakage. Just a thought.

TS

#86450 Video Games

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 August 2006 - 11:18 PM in Off Topic

RPG's, both MMO and console, are my favorites, I must admit. The "old school" titles for SNES such as FFVI, Illusion of Gaia, Chrono trigger, etc. are some great ones. RPG's are also the prevailing reason why I have my PS2, there are a ton of great ones on there like Xenosaga, .Hack//, Final Fantasy of course, Kingdom Hearts, etc. Shooters can be fun, such as Black, Timesplitters 2, Black Hawk down. I personally think that console FPS's are inferior to PC FPS's, because you have a mouse. And I really didn't like Halo that much, I don't know why. It definately had some upsides, I liked Dual Wielding in Halo 2, and the enemies were fun in Campaign. But I didn't like the multi play too much, it was always centered on who saw who first, and where you could place grenades instead of actually shooting people. Not to say that I haven't been to a Halo party or two, and those are amazingly fun.

SSBM is also an amazing game, and surprisingly the Cube has a lot of other worthwhile titles that I've found, such as Baiten Kaitos, Timesplitters (Duh), Viewtiful Joe, and Metroid Prime to name a few. The main reason I don't have a Xbox is because I don't like the library. Lots of games, not too many are good.

TS

#86137 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 30 July 2006 - 10:53 PM in Nerf Wars

The 19th is perfect. I'm gonna start asking around with my usual nerf buddies to see who can come. I have upwards of 500 darts to bring as well, both micros, megas, and zeros. I went completely ape shit on making darts, I dunno. Something came over me. And those late night shows on comedy central really helped. Whatever, I'm coming, just to let people know, and I'll probably have at least one with me.

OMC, have you found out if any of the NJ guys can come?

TS

#85785 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 July 2006 - 01:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet OMC, that sounds great. They'd feel right at home, too: I've gotten into Megas, now.

Speaking of ammo, I have an assload, and there would be more except I ran out of foam. I'll most likely get some more before this war.

Plus, I got a hold of macgyver, the guy from NHQ who couldn't come with all of our ammo last time. I now have his cell number which will help a lot. He says that he can probably come, and he'll have a lot of ammo/guns/maybe people with him.

I'll probably get a guy or two to come with me. Tell us if this date works, folks

TS

#85686 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 25 July 2006 - 02:48 AM in Nerf Wars

So, to accomodate both OMC and Mimic, does the 3rd week of august sound good to people? I'll probably be fine, I gotta check with the folks on when I'm going away then, it'll probably be fine.

TS

#85604 Sharpshooting Ladder Attachment

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 July 2006 - 11:46 PM in Modifications

First of all, those pics are really nice. /jealous @ Carrtoon's nice camera.

Nice idea! This seems to be something that would actually help one's aim, unlike the scopes that lots of people talk about, e.g. red dot scopes and magnifying scopes, which are pretty useless. This is simple, effective, and explained well.

I love your stuff, keep it up.

TS

#85516 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 July 2006 - 03:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Good to hear, guys. If you can make it that'll be awesome. I'm already making darts. :P

Dates shouldn't be a problem, we might want to start planning for maybe the first/second weekend in august? I can pretty much make any date that you guys throw out there. We should be able to find a good day.

TS

#85515 Bbb Catch

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 July 2006 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys, it's all set now. I just fudged around with the catch and white thing, and it went eventually. Thanks for the quick responses.

TS

#85484 Bbb Catch

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 July 2006 - 07:53 PM in Modifications

I'm having problems with what I think is the BBB's catch mechanism. It's two square orange pieces, with poles sticking out of them, and I remember that there were small, fairly weak springs on said poles. These poles go out two holes on either end of the shell at the back of the front, outside part of the case.

I've put these things in every which way and yet I still get the same problem. I cock the gun, shoot it, and then the catch catches on the way back, making it impossible to move back to the neutral position again to fire.

If there is something I'm missing here, I'd really like to know it. It's really annoying to have to hold the BBB in the cocked position while aiming.

TS

#85425 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 20 July 2006 - 07:46 PM in Nerf Wars

At no time during the summer? At all? Not even one weekend? Ugh, that's rough. -_-

TS

#85363 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 July 2006 - 07:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Hehe, score. I knew I could count on the milton guys. I'm also gonna send a PM over to macgyver of NHQ... but I doubt that he's gonna respond to it. Who knows? Maybe he will. If he does I know that he will bring people and a boatload of ammo. He's the one who didn't show up last time with all of our ammo, if you remember that.

Okay, so that's a couple of us. MA'ers, cmon!

TS

#85355 Another Ma Skirmish?

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 July 2006 - 03:48 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey all you MA folks, it's time for a bit of a summer checkup. I've found out that I'm going to be home all summer, and instantly thought about nerfing. Is anyone else up for it? Maybe we can even find a week for OMC to come on down.

Send some feedback, we'll get this going.

TS

#85311 Magstrike Internals

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 July 2006 - 07:09 PM in General Nerf

Bahaha, this thing kicks ass. Not just because of it's awesomeness, however.

A while ago, I sold my PC and 3 clips to lilsniper of NHQ for 85 freaking bucks! Now, for $35 you can get a better performing PC with 2 removable clips already there. Wow, I feel good about that deal. :lol:

Thanks for the internal pics, they ease the edge off of the wait for these things.

TS

#85306 At2k Or At3k?

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 July 2006 - 06:36 PM in Modifications

Carrtoon, I'd have to disagree. The two tanks look the same, but the 3k's leaks more. Therefore, even though it's smaller, the 2k's tank put out more punch. So it's really a style of play question, which you put down nicely.

Just clarifying, no flames here.

TS

#84558 Mech Max

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 July 2006 - 10:51 PM in Modifications

This guy is just a bundle of good ideas! Mad props to this idea.

This could be used in a regular breech system with a gravity fed mag. You'd just make the good old sliding breech, and then when you push the breech open, a dart falls in, and you close it.

And to reload it on the field, if you really need that many shots, all you need to do is have a sidearm for serious situations, then, just unscrew the back, shove a coulple of darts in, and cram it back on. Sounds awesome, now I just gotta get making a breech down and I'll be golden.

Augh, I love forums.

TS

#84381 Maplestory Anyone?

Posted by Team Slaya on 05 July 2006 - 03:17 PM in Off Topic

Sweet, Shadow. Put up the names of your guys, I'll do the same.

41 Sin - ChaosBrigand
2X Dagger Rogue - Limnitor

And thanks for this MM, it's good to know that other people play this game.

TS

#84269 Nerf Haven Noob Would Like Suggestions

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 July 2006 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

I'd have to say that the range increase given to the given blaster when using micros versus megas isn't worth it compared to the improved accuracy of megas. They go where you point them, period. OMC taught me this, and I've just got to get my act together and make some good megas. Plus, with couplered guns you can use either type of ammo. Who wouldn't want to do that?

I'd say to go and make both kinds of ammo, and try them out. Then use what works better for you. If you find a nice micro/mega mod, and want to do the mod but use the other ammo type all you need is a different barrel material and space in the case (hehe, rhymes) to fit the barrel. Simple.

On the real topic, now. 90% of the time, the mod is pretty simple for any gun. Find where the air is coming from, make sure there are no obstructions, put on a suitable barrel size for your darts and fudge the length of the barrel until you get it right. You shouldn't have too much of a problem doing that, you seem like a pretty sharp guy.

Hope that helped.

TS

#84209 Maplestory Anyone?

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 July 2006 - 06:10 PM in Off Topic

Okay, officially fuck you to whoever said this game was gay. The game is fun, that's why I continue to play it. If you don't like it, just shut your face and don't comment. Kthxbai.

The game can get annoying, for it's hard to get used to the environment. But once you get going, it's really not that hard, but once you get into higher levels it's easy to stay alive, but it's challenging to manage your equips and scroll them, and and keep yourself in good financial standings.

Whatever, if you folks don't like it, that's fine, but don't bash it just because it's different. I'm glad that the people who joined did, and when I get back I'll try to find you on there.

TS

#83922 Maplestory Anyone?

Posted by Team Slaya on 28 June 2006 - 11:04 AM in Off Topic

Haha! I knew someone would catch on!

I have a 42 Assassin and a 27 Dagger Rogue on Bera. Please say that you're on Bera!

TS

#83761 Help My Dear Sweet Hornet

Posted by Team Slaya on 24 June 2006 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

Meiser, shut your face for once! You're not a mod and never will be! If anyone's gonna threaten someone's position here at the Haven, it's going to be a Mod or and Ass-Kicking Overlord. You have no idea what you're talking about, especially because your post is equally full of attitude.

Shut up.

TS

#83498 Apoc 2006

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 June 2006 - 06:38 PM in Nerf Wars

UNCERTAIN.

It would kick major amounts of ass if I could, I dunno if my parents could work something out around it. My brother lives in NYC, and we have family in NJ. I'll get back to this. I'd really like to come to one of these.

TS

#83431 Good Online Multiplayer Games (in Search Of)

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 June 2006 - 09:59 PM in Off Topic

Runescape... Eh... Not too good. :rolleyes:

Playable, but nothing special about it.

For some reason, a game called Maplestory has pulled me in. It's a 2D MMORPG, and is a bucket of fun if you can look around the large amount of time that it takes to level. It's about par on leveling time with WoW, I think. Really slick looking game, easy to pick up, free download. www.mapleglobal.com is the site, it can only be accessed in Internet Explorer.

Soldat is another awesome free game. It's a fast paced 2D shooter. www.soldat.pl for the download.

TS

#83216 Maniac 3 Images

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 June 2006 - 04:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Some sweet pics, man. That day would have been awesome if the melrose guys came. I'll get em there next time.

Speaking of next time, wanna throw me a PM to let me know if/when you're gonna be around over the summer?

TS

#83142 Finding Your Inner Nerf

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 June 2006 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

My nerfing experiences have always been action packed because of the variety of guns availiable. Generally, there has been some really high ROF people who keep the long range guys on the edge. In MANIAC 3, I was using OMC's dual LNL's, and wherever I looked there'd be someone attacking me. I'd have to contantly be keeping people at range and hiding behind different covers. It was awesome. The teams were pretty even, which made it even better.

TS

#83092 Psp Or Xbox 360?

Posted by Team Slaya on 10 June 2006 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

PSP's are really awesome. My friend has one, and it's great all around. If you have the cash for disk space for it, you can put a lot of media on it, along with being able to play some really awesome games, like Infected and GripShift. AND you can put emulators on it. This is just too cool.

However, do listen to Piney, for therein lies the other side of the argument. If you think that you aren't gonna be able to resist playing it, and end up doing worse in school and other things, don't get it. Video games really should come after Sports, School, etc., because these are the really important things. People can get the wrong impression of you, even if you honestly care about the activity that you're doing.

It's your life.

TS