Team Slaya's Content

There have been 516 items by Team Slaya (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55902 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 28 May 2005 - 09:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok people, this is turning out great, but there still is the problem of a definate location. Could people pick a couple, with descriptions, and post them? That would help a bunchies. Plus, it should be in the general 40 minute drive radius from boston, because it wouldn't help to have to make your parents jackass over to some town for a 3 hour round trip, as i might have to try to do.

TS

#55899 Dance Dance Revolution

Posted by Team Slaya on 28 May 2005 - 09:04 PM in Off Topic

Personally, i don't think that you need to blow $100+ on DDR pads, because i've had two $20 Gamestop ones for almost a year now and they still work fine. One of them has the usual plywood insert with a plastic cover over it, but the other one has a 3/4" layer of foam and then a thin (Less than 1/2", I think) piece of plywood under that. I usually use the foam one, but when i'm really doing something harder, like Max's or Paranoia's, for instance, i use the plywood/plastic cover one.

I know this doesn't work for most people, but it did for me. I hope this helps.

TS

#55805 Pissing Me Off

Posted by Team Slaya on 27 May 2005 - 08:22 PM in Modifications

Thanks CX, now i know the problem

Sorry for not searching, I was kinda pissed off at myself

#55803 Pissing Me Off

Posted by Team Slaya on 27 May 2005 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

Ok. So i try to do CXWQ's Splitfire mod. All's going well until i try to actually put the barrels on. The pictures go from Showing where to put them on to having the case closed up. My copper ( 9/16 )was the same exact size of the stock barrel, at least at the end where i was glueing them on. I tried everything - hot glueing fruitlessly, and then in a burst of anger i tried to hammer them through the stock barrels - bad idea. One of the barrels broke off. Not too fun.

Overall, i fucked my gun up and couldn't do shit to try and complete the mod.

Now for the Sharpshooter II. I tried the mod on Nerf World, which involves taking out the old barrels, cutting them, and fitting the 17/32 brass into it, and then the 9/16 into that. Well, i don't have any 17/32, but i decided to give it a try anyways. I cut the barrel and then just tried to put my copper in, but to my suprise, it wouldn't fit in either. This was annoying, for a larger size pipe fit in loosly for the modder on NW.

So, again i'm stuck. There is obviously some difference between brass and copper, but my dad says that there's no difference. I need some help quick, because I have a small scale war tomorrow, and it's gunna be annoying without these to help out.

Thanks for any possible help

TS

#55563 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 24 May 2005 - 04:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh man. Why?

We need all the people we can get, and you're bringing 4ish people, you gotta be there.

Damn...

#55503 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 May 2005 - 06:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I like NOB's idea of the name, though it will probably get bigger as time goes on.

I can only be there on the 25th, 26th, 30th, or 1st. Otherwise i'm either in school (before those dates) or in Vermont (After those dates). If anyone can come then that would be awsome, i'd like to have as many people as possible come.

TS

*EDIT*

Oh, and I go to school during the summer....

About when would that be?? *END EDIT*

#55348 Guess That Gun.

Posted by Team Slaya on 20 May 2005 - 09:46 PM in General Nerf

The Gun is kinda odd - it shoots missles and has three air tubes that you put the missles over. It has a yellow pump and shoots all three missles at the same time. I'm just wondering what it's called. It also is kinda bulky, and has three of the same plastic design things as the end of an At2k.

TS

#55124 At2k Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 17 May 2005 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

So there's nothing I can do? Will submerging it in water damage the pump/pump tube?

I once had a sort of similar problem with leakage from my messy At2k. I found that there was a leak coming out of my pump tube, but i glued it up and it was fine. It shoots just as well, maybe better now. And no, the water won't damage it, but when you fire, a bit of moisture may come out, but it looks damn cool, like CO2.

TS

#55057 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 May 2005 - 09:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Could people start spitting out some dates? I'd really like to know the general time, broad at first, that this is gunna happen.

Aracanis, i doubt that you'll have too much to do in the next month, and then in your free time could make stefans. I gotta go out and get another package of caulk saver and some 17/32" brass, but I still have some saver left. I'll also bring saver, glue, and weights to it. I could also bring extra guns, once they come from ebay.

I also just realized that we need to call it something. MANO will work, but i always like originality. I'll post again when i think of something.

TS

*EDIT*

I got some good places to go too.

I dunno where you're talking about derek, we don't have too many nice places to go, 'cept the school, but even that won't work too well. Do explain what you were thinking of. *END EDIT*

#55054 Nitefinder Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 May 2005 - 09:30 PM in Modifications

Is there some sort of prerequisite to the PPK mod that we need to know about? Like where to cut off the casing? i just wanna be sure before i fuck up the case. Good mod overall, looks great, and ranges would be nice.

TS

#54889 Newbie Getting Into Nerf

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 May 2005 - 10:02 PM in Homemades

For the brass, the 1/2 FBR is what you would use.

I must admit, i've heard that a lot, but my Tech Target doesn't fire them (micros) very well, and i'm guessing it's from the small amount of space between the dart and the brass. Any ideas to why it is doing this/remedies?

#54813 Where To Buy Lanard Products

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 May 2005 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

So... do you know how much shipping would approximately be to here from the UK place?

#54771 Where To Buy Lanard Products

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 May 2005 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

Are you sure it's reliable? Have you ordered anything from the site?

#54769 At3k Brass Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 May 2005 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

Derek, it went a lot further than 50', and i doubt you range tested it outside.

Oh, and Apache - we didn't have any PETG or other materials to six barrel it, plus the gun was pretty fucked up when we got it, so i'm happy with the results he's getting.

TS

#54768 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 May 2005 - 09:42 PM in Nerf Wars

I think the best time would be RIGHT after school gets out, like... the next day. Could people tell me when they get out? Yazz and I get out very late June, like the 25th.

#54692 Triggers

Posted by Team Slaya on 12 May 2005 - 02:12 PM in Homemades

This is a combined effort of Yazz and i to make a homemade. The plans are going pretty well, except for the trigger. The trigger needs to pull down a piece of something from the barrel to release the plunger. So in turn, the trigger should have something like a wire connecting it to the releaser thing in the barrel. Unless, of course, someone has a different idea for the whole plunger release system, i'd love to hear anything to make our lives easier.

TS

#54655 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 May 2005 - 09:46 PM in Nerf Wars

General post - If there is an upcoming event in the near month or so, tell me. Letting me know that you live in MA is cool and all, but i'd like to know a schedule if possible.

ssgt - As said above, could i have a schedule for when your wars are? Or where you're thinking about having one?

NOB - Again, sweet, but do you have any friends who you nerf with in your town? If there is a war soon, please let me know, via here or PM. Thanks

TS

#54619 Triggers

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 May 2005 - 05:02 PM in Homemades

hey derek, nice first post. We already discussed this, didn't we? Why did you start a new thread?

#54588 Google Gone?

Posted by Team Slaya on 10 May 2005 - 09:44 PM in Off Topic

And, for all of you people who love fucking sites up, heres gizoogle to turn everything on the page to gangsta lingo. Its fucking hilarious on the front of NH.

TS

#54587 Mav Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 10 May 2005 - 09:37 PM in Modifications

Can you possibly give a length or size of the spring? I don't have a sneakshot, and don't plan on getting one due to cash shortage, but i'm sure if i have a spring size i could find one to beef up my mav.

TS

#54585 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 10 May 2005 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

User - Awsome. i'm still in middle school (8th) but could get a ride somewhere around alewife/lowell, that isn't too much of a problem. The thing that is is free time, i don't have much. If i have an unbooked weekend/half day/day off i'll post in this thread, otherwise, give me some times and i'll try to reply quick.

NOB - Sweet. Always good. Where in MA?

ssgt - What's the FDG??? If you have something coming up, let me know, i'm always here, and with a friend to bring =P

#54451 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 May 2005 - 10:00 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, well its good to know someones out there. But can you give me the approximate distance from boston?

TS

#54449 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 May 2005 - 09:49 PM in Nerf Wars

Are there any Boston area nerfers around? There seems to be no one except my couple of nerf friends, but most of them borrow my guns. And yes, i searched the site, but the only thread was 2 years old, so i decided to make a fresh one.

TS

*EDIT* You don't HAVE to be in the boston area. It would just be easier, for i live in lexington. *END EDIT*

#54407 Questions For Boltsniper

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 May 2005 - 02:37 PM in Homemades

heh, now there's another question. Whats the difference between CPVC and PVC? In your intructions you call for CPVC to go inside a piece of PVC, so i can guess that it's smaller, but i'm just making sure.

TS

#54395 Questions For Boltsniper

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 May 2005 - 11:44 AM in Homemades

oh ok, no hard feelings Matt. Oh, and i FINALLY got one over a 1/2 pvc. Thanks for the help guys.

#54382 Questions For Boltsniper

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 May 2005 - 10:17 AM in Homemades

Yeah, thanks matt, that really helps morale. If you're not going to say anything constructive about what i'm trying to do, whether you think i can do it or not, then don't say anything. I don't care about your opinion. Anyway, i think i have a pretty slim chance of actually building it, but i don't, personally, care. I'd rather know that I did it, and failed, than not doing it at all because some asshole told me to.

Anyway Bolt, i have a dremel, and i bored out a coupler, as advertised. But when i tried to slip it on the 1/2" PVC, it's a bitch to get on, and i could only get it about an inch or so up the coupler before it stuck. Thats what's really gotten me so far. Other parts i need have stopped me from going further on with it.

#54352 Questions For Boltsniper

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 May 2005 - 08:23 PM in Homemades

Ok. First of all, the FAR is awsome, but the instructions that come with it aren't thorough enough. First of all, the 1/2" coupler over the 1/2" PVC does not slide on easy AT ALL, even after 45+ minutes of boring and sanding it down. Second, i don't get how the barrel is put together, at all. Not even a bit. Third, i need to know what the sizes of the springs are for the Main and Action springs, because giving me a model # didn't really help. Any suggestions/tips??

TS

*EDIT* Is there any way you could make me an FAR? If so, what would you price it at? *END EDIT*

#54348 Mod For Airtech 3000

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 May 2005 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

has anyone successfully single-barreled their At3k? I really want mine to be a single barrel, just for the heck of it ( i already did a 6 PETG barrel mod ). I almost have it, its just there seems to be a metal rod that connects the rotating barrel through a piece of plastic above the air tank. I can't get the barrel out to connect a new one directly to the air tank. Any suggestions?

#54176 Update On Nf Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 04 May 2005 - 09:38 PM in Modifications

If this really does go 120+ feet, angled or not, I want to know what you're putting in your NF. And a write-up would be awsome.

~Slaya

#54105 Mod For Airtech 3000

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 May 2005 - 09:54 PM in Modifications

Could someone post a couple of pictures showing where the valve is in the At2k? I sure can't find it, and I definately don't want to be plugging some other hole.

*EDIT* Oh! heh just kidding, i just saw a post by duce that helped me out. Thanks a bunch duce! *END EDIT*

#54104 Quad Barrel Titan W/scout

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 May 2005 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

When you take off the coupler, does it shoot micros well? if so, get your test on and get some ranges if possible, 'cause this looks awsome.

#54052 Thrist Like Quad-barrel Shotgun

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 May 2005 - 09:17 PM in Modifications

could someone put up a link to thirst's one? That would help a bunch.

#54043 Pc Clip Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 May 2005 - 07:00 PM in Modifications

Only if its done EXACTLY right otherwise you just screw up your gun, not worth the risk in my opinion.

What do you mean by exactly? i'd like to mod my PC but now i'd like more specific info.

#54022 At2k Case Troubles

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 May 2005 - 03:04 PM in Modifications

Ok, so most of the case is off, except for the cap that connects the place where the pumper is to the main body. I can't get it off, even after extensive periods of hacking at it.

I know that someone said this, but i couldn't get the pic to load. Send another link please?

*Edit* Ok, just kidding, the site loaded. Sorry for any troubles. *End Edit*

#53997 At2k Case Troubles

Posted by Team Slaya on 01 May 2005 - 09:55 PM in Modifications

As a newb to the modding scene ( yes, i admit it ), i went out and found some ideas to get me started on improving my arsenal, or lack therof. When attempting to open my At2k, 3/4 of the screws would not come out, for they just kept on spinning in place and clicking every once in a while. To this day, i have still not gotten that case off, and i don't belive i ever will.

Any ideas?? :ph34r:

#53993 Mod For Airtech 3000

Posted by Team Slaya on 01 May 2005 - 09:24 PM in Modifications

How do you know how many pumps are needed for which guns? is there some way to test other than "lets see how many times we can pump our gun until it explodes"?