Team Slaya's Content

There have been 516 items by Team Slaya (Search limited from 08-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#60703 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 31 July 2005 - 08:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, did anyone pay any attention to the post above?

I was thinking that it could be around labor day, like the sunday beforehand. Labor day is a monday, I'm pretty sure. It should be at the same place because it owns, and the time worked out really well. 11-5. None of us stayed until 5 however, because we were fried. As jjb said, I'd like to start nerfing at 11, but if people aren't there that can't happen. Yazz, his friend, and I sat around for... about 45 minutes to and hour waiting for people. We did get there at 10, but I said I was gunna be there at 10, and so did NOB I think. Anyways, give me some feedback and throw out some other dates.

Will this work for you? I'll probably just start another thread to get people into the idea.

TS

#60682 Nerf Rpg

Posted by Team Slaya on 30 July 2005 - 11:01 PM in General Nerf

You should make it go through all the important cities of nerf, and of course NJ. Some of the wars could be integrated (heh) into there as well, such as apoc, geddon, etc.

I'll always be here as a beta tester :D

TS

#60680 Pc + Rf20 Bladder?

Posted by Team Slaya on 30 July 2005 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

You should also take into consideration that it would take almost as many pumps as an RF20 would to prime it, which defeats the tradeoff of 20 shots for more pumps to 10 shots for less pumps. I would cut the bladder to less than the length of the PC tank, to do what Yakman did.
Just suggestions.

TS

#60625 Sm 750

Posted by Team Slaya on 30 July 2005 - 12:23 PM in Modifications

I'm attempting to mod my SM 750, but can't get the front cap off. Not the one by the pump, the bigger one that has the hole where you put the dart in.

http://www.nerfcente...hotos/sm750.jpg

the left side in this pic.

TS

#60552 Any Mmorpg Players?

Posted by Team Slaya on 29 July 2005 - 06:45 PM in Off Topic

Everyone is claiming that guild wars is gunna storm the market because there isn't a monthly fee, but the point of the monthly fee is to improve the game. WoW is always getting new quests, raids, items, and monsters because of the steady flow of income. Thats why guild wars sucks. Same old game. Thats why Diablo is hacked up one side and down the other. Diablo owned until my disc stopped being read and I got hacked into and all my mules stripped. T'was good when I had it though.

TS

#60430 Copper Tubes

Posted by Team Slaya on 28 July 2005 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

I used copper on my very first mod; a single barreled At2k. i used copper, because my dad claimed there was no difference between the two diameter wise. I got very nice distances off of an 8" copper barrel - ~85ft flat. And yes, I know that brass gets better, so shut up.

I'm planning on using an old at2k turret to quad copper, not brass, my Titan. I believe it will be easier to load, but still get good enough ranges to satisfy. I also thought that by getting 150+ ranges I wouldn't be able to use it anywhere, so there wasn't really any point in singling it.

TS

#60263 Homemade Vortex Rings

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 July 2005 - 01:07 PM in Homemades

Yeah, good points guys. I was just wondering if it was possible at all. I doubted it at the time myself and was just throwing out ideas.

TS

#60167 Homemade Vortex Rings

Posted by Team Slaya on 25 July 2005 - 01:08 PM in Homemades

I was looking at livestrong bands the other day, and thought about vortex rings. If one was to cut the bands to the approximate diameter of the vortex rings, glue and tape them at the glueing point, then glue/tape two of those together, they might be able to make one. It would have to be taped in such a way that they would fit in the gun snugly, and then the spoiler would have to be cut as well where needed, but other than that it could work.

Criticism?

TS

#60158 Firefly Out Online

Posted by Team Slaya on 25 July 2005 - 10:16 AM in General Nerf

if you can pull out the orange obstructor, and put pvc barrels on it, then that could solve the problem. still cant open the gun all the way.

The orange obstructor that you talk about is part of the case, it seemed. It was attached. I'd say that you'd have to cut the case away to completely turret mod it. Plus, there are extensive air restrictors, which include some new obscure method of letting air in that reminds me of air tanks with firing pins. Check everywhere for screws, when opening it, as well, as there was one under the slider in the mav. Also, sometimes you can just pull apart the gun when you don't think that it's all unscrewed.

TS

#59564 Petg At2k Quad Barrel Write Up

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 July 2005 - 09:00 AM in Modifications

Well, I did something similar to this a while ago. I basically did that, except that I hand filed out (I had no dremel) the turret holes until the barrels fit in. It was a bitch and a half, but I finished it. They aren't going anywhere. But now when I go above 5-6 pumps there is this huge screeching noise. I then stopped pumping it that much. Is this the sign of a broken tank? It shouldn't be, because it still fires. I'm confuzed.

TS

#59494 Maverick Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 July 2005 - 11:25 PM in General Nerf

Oh sorry guys, he wasn't being too specific. I thought you meant the bar itself. My slider on my scout, which is basically the same thing I think, had several stripped screws in it, so I ripped it off. I then proceded to find a nail just about the size of the hole that the metal bar went through. I wrapped each end of the nail that came out the sides with electrical tape, and it's really comfy. I almost like it better this way. Almost.

TS

#59484 Groove's Nf

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 July 2005 - 09:29 PM in Modifications

I'm real sorry if this is located somewhere on this forum, but does anyone know where I can find how to mod the SSPB?

This is probably the most simple mod you could do yourself. CX made a very good point by saying that there were only about 6 or 7 real mods out there. Other than that, take out the air restrictors, stretch the spring/band, plug the pump, and add barrels. It's a lot simpler than (usually) it's hyped up to be. Plus, this is the most basic pump gun. Seriously. Figure it out, you don't need that much help.

TS

#59468 Maverick Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 July 2005 - 05:09 PM in General Nerf

How, first of all, did you break the metal piece into several pieces? I mean, at least you would have bent it, but into pieces? I'm suprised.

Anyways, I think if you could get a nail that size it could work. All you'd have to do is brake off the head and file down the sharp point. If you can't.... oh well, it's just a mav.

TS

#59467 Titan Setback

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 July 2005 - 04:55 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I had this problem as well. I stripped one of them in the process, I think that I might even have to cut off that part of the case, because I don't need it. But anyways, the best way to get around this is A. Use a bigger screwdriver with a good grip B. When first going for a screw, push really hard, then turn slow. You'll feel when it's loose enough to start unscrewing normally.

TS

#59382 Singling An Airtech 3000

Posted by Team Slaya on 15 July 2005 - 10:51 AM in Modifications

I really dont care on how it looks just as long as it works good and is comfertable wich it is

Most of the time I agree with you. I just put a pop gun stock on my At2k last night. It's a fugly pile of duct tape, but it's damn comfortable and it ain't going anywhere. So in general I agree that having it be more comfortable and work better is more useful than having it look nice. I would post a pic, but alas, I have no camera. I could probably take stills on my dad's camcorder.... hmmmm.

TS

#59347 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 July 2005 - 07:54 PM in Modifications

That's... great. Wow.

Would have been better to hold one in your hands, eh? Surgery sucks, huh? :mellow:

TS

#59303 Singling An Airtech 3000

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 July 2005 - 01:02 PM in Modifications

Fastkill, that At3k is pretty fugly....

I know I went a little overboard on E-tape

Eh, I couldn't, honestly, do much better.

TS

#59301 Singling An Airtech 3000

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 July 2005 - 12:54 PM in Modifications

Fastkill, that At3k is pretty fugly....

But as to the coupler problem, you could take a tiny stub of 1/2 pvc and put it around the place where the air flows out. You'd probably have to put something inside of that as well, but it would be pretty stable.

Something like this

Barrel
Coupler
Piece of PVC
Air hole

The pvc would go over that tiny air hole in which the tank opens to release the pressure. You could probably put some epoxy between the hole and the pvc, which might make it stable enough. Just ideas.

TS

#59300 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 July 2005 - 12:43 PM in Nerf Wars

If you go with Sandstorm I have an mp3 of it, for some reason or another, on my computer. I could email it to you if you want it.

TS

#59288 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 July 2005 - 10:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Okay folks. It seems that our group of people is growing, and with all the injuries out of the way, I think we should plan another war, just because the last one was a half faliure, because we only got four people total from the forums, and one had to leave. The only way the war was fun was because Yazz brought one friend in the beginning, and then called in another later. But NOB, jjb, and arcanis should be coming to this one. If anyone can make it.

I was thinking that it could be around labor day, like the sunday beforehand. Labor day is a monday, I'm pretty sure. It should be at the same place because it owns, and the time worked out really well. 11-5. None of us stayed until 5 however, because we were fried. As jjb said, I'd like to start nerfing at 11, but if people aren't there that can't happen. Yazz, his friend, and I sat around for... about 45 minutes to and hour waiting for people. We did get there at 10, but I said I was gunna be there at 10, and so did NOB I think. Anyways, give me some feedback and throw out some other dates.

Any new people to the area are welcome to come, just find out the directions on the MANIAC thread and bring as many guns as possible and as much ammo as possible.

TS

#59258 Firefly Released!

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 July 2005 - 07:11 PM in General Nerf

20 sounds a bit low, but hey you saw it.

Yeah, pretty much. FG, I don't know where you're at. 20ish is way underestimating it, though the DT did perform much better. I stand by my latest assessments and will only bow down in shame of being wrong if Talio/OMC/any other admin who has seen it denies these results.

TS

#58974 Firefly Released!

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 July 2005 - 09:14 PM in General Nerf

they stopped at your war? then maybe you can answer these:

Firefly:

1. whats it like weight-wise?
2. estimated range?
3. accuracy?

Darttag:

1. Range?
2. Accuracy?
3. Weight?

Firefly

- The weight is just right. Not too light and not too heavy.
- I'm guessing it's at close to 40' range.
- Decent.

Dart Tag

- Felt lighter than the Firefly.
- Farther than the Firefly, more like 40-42', because it was just a bit farther.
- Better than the Firefly.

I was suprised at these results, because I was all revved (heh) about the FF, but now I'm thinking about just getting DT. Just my thoughts. Plus, DT would be easier to mod, because the entire turret is exposed, unlike the FF, where there would be much cutting and sanding going on, killing the kewl looks.

TS

#58958 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 July 2005 - 04:36 PM in Darts and Barrels

About the online store, there was one I came upon after searching. This was in a post as well. It's called Loghelp, and CX was talking about it. Just a thought.

TS

#58955 Firefly Released!

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 July 2005 - 04:11 PM in General Nerf

Oh yes. Great news Airsoft, thanks for the report.

-And Slayer, would you say that the firefly preforms as well as a first edition NiteFinder stock?

Actually, it suprised me on power, even though dart tag had more. It could get stock NF distances, I'm pretty sure. It's really comfy to hold/fire as well. As If anyone really cares, as NOB put it, because basically everybody's gunna get it whether it's good or not.... maybe that's just NOB and myself, but whatever.

TS

#58908 Firefly Released!

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 July 2005 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

I have held one in my hands and fired it, and I know that it owns. It's really good stock, same with dart tag. I dunno about modding, you'd have to cut out a lot of the case where the turret comes out, if you look at the pictures. Though the Hasbro people said late summer/early autumn before it was out. But that could have just been me. I think other people could back me up on that.

TS

#58569 Fbr Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 01 July 2005 - 10:36 PM in General Nerf

Oh. Good point. Ummm.... yeah. Will happen next time, I promise!

#58564 Fbr Question

Posted by Team Slaya on 01 July 2005 - 09:06 PM in General Nerf

I was reading articles and came across the red FBR review. In 2004 you said that you got your FBR off of a site called Loghelp. There are two different kinds of grey FBR there, the closed cell and dual rod kinds. I assume it's closed cell, but I'm not sure. Could you help me out before I order 100'?

TS

#58559 Repair

Posted by Team Slaya on 01 July 2005 - 07:23 PM in Modifications

No the plunger itself is perfect. That's about it. The rest of the guni followed the modding directions, put way to much epoxy on cut it in the wronge spot and put a piece of copper in that was to big for the darts.

Oh. I see. Well now I understand why you'd want to import some other parts in there. So the catch mechanism and trigger are dead, eh? Well you could import some stuff from a NF, I'd bet you could find someone willing to send you those parts. If not, I'd bet someone'd buy those parts off of you, those being the plunger parts (Tube, shaft, spring).

TS

#58518 Modified Secret Shot

Posted by Team Slaya on 30 June 2005 - 10:02 PM in Modifications

I do believe that someone already did this... was it Yakman?

Boink!

Oops! I'm right. Not to bash or anything, but his mod is more descriptive and with more pictures. Even so, props to you if you didn't see his first. If you didn't, it was nice and original. I hate when I think something up at the same time as someone else and then get blamed and flamed for copying it. Nice job.

TS

#58517 Is It Feasible?

Posted by Team Slaya on 30 June 2005 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

Did Hasbro discontinue the Powerclip, because I can't find it anywhere except for ebay.

Heh, I got a free one at MANIAC, and that's only because they made a special order for 200 to be made (Thats the factory's minimal requirement), so they had a couple extra. The only re-release that they mentioned was the BBB.

#58487 Repair

Posted by Team Slaya on 30 June 2005 - 04:29 PM in Modifications

Wait. How did you destroy the springs and plunger tube too? Or was it the entire plunger mechanism? What did you do, sit on them? Drill through them? Damn, you've got some serious screwing up skillz, I should send you to the white house to show them how it's done.

Anyway, flames aside, we need a bit more information. What happened to the plunger shaft/catch spring/main spring? Is that all there, or in one piece?

Plus, if you are looking to switch internals with another gun, why bother? Just use that other gun that you are gunna switch with. I guarantee it'll look better. And don't be too hard on yourself, I've screwed up many guns trying to mod them, it'll get you better at it.

Good luck, you'll need it. :ph34r:

TS

#58294 Massachussetts Area Nerf Interests And Competition

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 June 2005 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I gather it was leg surgery. What did you do to yourself?

TS

#58291 Nf Spring Excahnge?

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 June 2005 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

How much stronger is the Monoshot spring compared to the NF spring? How much harder is it to compress? If it's too hard, I don't think that the case could take the added pressure, and neither would the plunger/barrel assembly.

TS

#58290 Titan Stefans

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 June 2005 - 08:25 PM in Modifications

Did you check if the open sides of the brass were smooth? If they are, sand them anyway. CX did this just in case, but I think that could be one problem. Also, are you using Caulk Saver or FBR? I think FBR is more sturdy (sp?), and therefore might hold up better.

TS

#58226 Massachussetts Area Nerf Interests And Competition

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 June 2005 - 01:03 AM in Nerf Wars

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Arcanis!!! Damn it!

We're meeting by the pond @10. At least I am.

#58193 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 25 June 2005 - 03:50 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, we'll officially meet at the pond. Jjb, could you edit the other post in big capital letters accordingly?

Yazz, just to tell you, the other post was for that reason; who's coming.

TS

#58156 Titan Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 24 June 2005 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Not to question your reasoning, Talio, but I'm wondering why you didn't 9999 him. He did deserve it.

#58146 Any Out There In Ma?

Posted by Team Slaya on 24 June 2005 - 08:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Shouldn't we just meet at the pond? Or at the entrance? Is there an entrance?

TS

#58058 Base

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

If you have a camera, take some pics and then more people can help you out. The cardboard idea is good though, you should go with that.

TS

#58054 Titan As-v.12

Posted by Team Slaya on 23 June 2005 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

I don't think that there would be enough air to really fire four shotgun darts to a sufficient distance. Three at the most, maybe even two. I had an 8" barrel on my At2k and it shot 3 shotgun darts pretty well, all of them being within a 10'-15' distance from each other. But still, that thing could clear a room. Man!

TS