Team Slaya's Content

There have been 516 items by Team Slaya (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#110107 Crossbow Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 June 2007 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

Can someone post the link to the crossbow mod with the Level system? Like the Level 1, 2, etc crossbow. I need to see if my plunger is set up right, though I think it is.

And Carrtoon, I don't completely understand what you mean. The plunger head is loose in the tube, and I don't see how leaving it there would do much. Understand that I've now replaced my plunger head with a pristine one from another crossbow with a dead plunger rod. Absolutely perfect, nothing wrong with it. I could feel a bunch of air coming out when I put the barrel in the coupler on the end of my xbow, but when I then proceeded to put it back together and fire it, it wouldn't fire. My barrel is 1' of OMC's petg, which is a perfect sliding fit with my darts, with 2" of 17/32 brass in the back.

Any ideas? I think the air is leaking out the back of the plunger tube, but I have no idea why! Meh.

TS

#109965 Crossbow Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 June 2007 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

It would take a bit to get pictures up, but I'll do what I can. I'll try to get some up tomorrow. I have it disassembled at the moment, and just by pushing the plunger through the tube there isn't nearly enough air coming out. Or am I just spoiled from working with air guns and EaBs?

TS

#109941 Crossbow Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 07 June 2007 - 06:38 PM in Modifications

Heya folks. I've just recently been inspired to what I thought to be my dead crossbow. I had thought this because the catch never caught, and I was so angry that I just put it out of my head. Well, I just needed a new spring, and now it's just fine, except for one thing.

I fully modded the beast, put it all together, and then went to fire it... and nothing happened. I felt for air flow, and it was barely even noticeable. I thought that maybe I had a bad seal somewhere, but I couldn't find one. I tried wrapping a few layers of e-tape around the plunger head, and it seems to get a better seal, for I've done this with other guns like my EaB and it worked great.

Yet I still got almost no air flow. Could it be that it's leaking air through the small opening in the back of the plunger tube? Or am I missing something? I mean, it would have to work without the improved seal, so I have no clue what I did wrong.

Thanks for any help.

TS

#108833 Summer Pine Banks Games

Posted by Team Slaya on 01 June 2007 - 09:14 PM in Nerf Wars

Sick! New people are always welcome. Fenix, I'm assuming that this is at Pine Banks again, right? So could you post the address/google maps site and the new people can check out if they can get there.

The first two weeks in July don't work for me, but the rest does. Hit me up with a date, I'll check.

And Shralla, people bring OODLES of guns to these wars. If you don't have one, I'm sure that we can find someone, notably myself, to supply you. We take care of you in MA. :rolleyes:

TS

#106625 Blastfire: Fixable?

Posted by Team Slaya on 19 May 2007 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

Most of the point of replacing a pump is because the check valve has died. The check valve is the opening in the back of the pump that allows air in but not out. if it's messed with, you won't be able to hold pressure. If you have any other pumps that might fit, you can just take off the hose of the old pump and attach the new pump's hose to the nub. Good luck!

TS

#106310 Summer Pine Banks Games

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 May 2007 - 03:28 PM in Nerf Wars

People, although we'd like you guys to come, the point of the thread was more to see who could come on the 16th, but if people could come a different weekend we could probably make that work. I'm not out of school until the 20th, if we could do a war that weekend that'd work for me, which is the 23/24th of June.

TS

#105798 At2k Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 15 May 2007 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

The saw worked for me. Saw around the cap, but not too far. When you think you've done enough, grab a flathead screwdriver and pry it off. Easy.

TS

#105785 Summer Pine Banks Games

Posted by Team Slaya on 15 May 2007 - 08:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Phew, thanks man. I would have COMPLETELY forgotten to post this. :)

But yeah, 3rd weekend in June is still excellent for me, though I'm sorry that OMC can't make it. I will bring AT LEAST 3 people, possibly more.

Can we get a tally from your crew, Fenix? And anyone in the Boston area, feel free to post.

TS

#104649 Supermaxx 250 Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 May 2007 - 09:55 AM in Modifications

I love doing mods like this, just for the hell of it, to see if a crappy gun can at least do something. Good job on the mod, though shorter barrels may give you a bit more range.

TS

#103600 Six Barrel Lbb

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 May 2007 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure it's a blast bazooka. But it worked, and thats what matters. :D

Anyhoo, great job. I'm currently holding the innards of one myself, and I'm wondering if you took the time to plug the pump. It seems that 20+ pumps is overdoing it because this gun, like all air guns, have an air release valve. I felt the appropriate pressure at 8 pumps when using this gun stock, and got decent results, about what I expected (~30' flat, ~50' angled with the stock missles). I think you're doing too much work is all. :w00t:

TS

#103041 Ma Summer Wars

Posted by Team Slaya on 29 April 2007 - 06:46 PM in Nerf Wars

So, as a nerfer, I generally like to nerf. 'Nuff said.

When are the folks who could come to an MA game open? I know that I can call up Fenixharth and his buddies and get at least 10 from them. I can bring 2 or 3 along with myself. And if the NJ guys want to come again that'd be sweet.

What I'm really looking for is anyone who isn't in those above parties to respond. Is anyone free this summer? I'm looking at the mid July-August area at the moment.

TS

#102902 Sweet Dart Tag Gun

Posted by Team Slaya on 28 April 2007 - 11:58 PM in Modifications

I think that CaptainSlug did this, but don't quote me on it.

Looks really solid/clean, man. I'd really like to see the internals. but don't just go and open it up for me, I understand how certain things are tough to get back into their cases right. Good job, and I hope to see more from you and the new crowd. I'm glad we got some new meat around here. ^_^

TS

#101910 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 April 2007 - 07:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Man, that video held so many good memories. Too bad we didn't bring enough tape to film the whole thing, but there's still enough to vividly remember all the good shit. The slow mo of the head shot had me on the floor, that was hilarious. ^_^

TS

*EDIT* Hersh, I have your blue maxshot and two of your double barrels. I think Dan was the culprit for most of that, the other barrel was in my pocket. Want em' shipped, or do you just wanna wait till fall or whenever you're up again?

#101442 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 March 2007 - 09:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright yeah, sorry for the slight flip out. I checked the weather - it's supposed to be 50 on saturday, and nice the rest of the week to boot. Do we have a set in stone time to arrive yet? May as well nail down specs.

TS

#101304 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 22 March 2007 - 09:13 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a heads up to the other major planners of this war - the snow still hasn't melted. I don't know how the park looks, but I doubt it's good. Unless everyone is up for iced Nerf, I dunno how this war is going to work.

I can still go if everyone just decides that we'll nerf in the snow, but I just think that folks should be informed.

TS

#100997 Brassing A Dtg

Posted by Team Slaya on 11 March 2007 - 12:01 PM in Modifications

It depends on your foam for your specific barrel choice. My darts used to fit Cpvc, and now they don't shrink as much. Go figure.

But still, I really wouldn't suggest doing this. I didn't get good results when I modded mine and my darts fit Cpvc, it was inconsistent. Banding is possible, but if the band breaks you have to open up the gun EVERY TIME. Not worth the barrel material to mod this gun, man.

But if you are going to mod it, shadow gave some pretty accurate advice. Except for the whole turret part. If you want to eliminate that space he's talking about, you have to remove all of the stubs on the turret, which SUCKS. Just a warning.

TS

#100664 At3k Problem

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 March 2007 - 09:25 AM in Modifications

I personally advise you not to plug the pump. Air guns tend to go screwy on me when I plug them - I only do it for certain ones. My 3k gets 55-60' flat without being plugged, I used PETG which fits nicely. It's dead accurate, and has a nice ROF. Because it's not plugged, I can depend on it not breaking. If you think ~15' more will help a bunch, and it's worth risking your gun, go for it. But I wouldn't suggest it.

And the goo tube mod really doesn't do that much, check CXWQ's mod in the mods section. Plus, my buddy did the same mod as I did, no plug, and did the goo tube. Mine performs a bit better, but that's probably because I epoxied my barrels in, and he just hot glued his in. Your choice though.

Good luck finding that leak.

TS

#100127 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 20 February 2007 - 05:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Even frozen over and all, the place is really impressive. I went there with Fenix today to check it out. Great place, tons of spots to play. I dare say more than Milton, but we'll all be the judge of that.

With enough people, this will kick ass, no exceptions. Since I modded a gun or two for a few buddies of late I have growing interest in lexington, which means newbies for you all to shoot at. :D

But still, this is going to be great. I'll post later with an official headcount.

TS

#98037 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 09 January 2007 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there, end of story. 2+ friends will be coming, I know that for sure.

TS

#97221 Eagle Eye

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 December 2006 - 10:52 PM in Modifications

Good job on this, man. I had one before, but unless you cut it down tremendously it can't work as a sidearm. And even then it's large.

But more power to you if you can and do use it. And good job, looks pretty clean.

TS

#97218 Question On Homemade Steffans

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 December 2006 - 10:42 PM in Homemades

Also, to save you a bit of searching trouble, if your darts are spiraling out, you need more weight in them. Just a general good idea.

TS

#97217 Double Shots At K-b Toys

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 December 2006 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

Tricksleeves over at NHQ had this one down - he just hammered some PVC with CPVC inside it into where the springs would be, and cut down the barrels. Said it got half decent range. I'd search over there for some pics and a better explanation.

TS

#97024 New Clip/drum Idea

Posted by Team Slaya on 24 December 2006 - 03:01 PM in Homemades

You'd have to get a breech going on, methinks. Otherwise, wouldn't the air just A) push the dart back up into the drum, or B ) be released out into the drum? Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that would work without a breech. With one, you'd have a slamming ROF. The BBB is kinda shaky when it fires, something that doesn't move as much might work a bit better.

Good luck with this, I'd like to see how you go about it.

TS

#96066 Maxshot Questions

Posted by Team Slaya on 06 December 2006 - 11:18 PM in Modifications

I went through CX's mod as well. I didn't actually do that glueing of the plastic part - didn't seem necessary. And it wasn't. Although many complain about not being able to fire my MS, I can, with no issues. You get to know your MS, and you'll figure it out.

On the front of the outside casing, it dips a little bit, I don't know how to describe it, but the casing has a bit of a ridge, I'd say just past two inches from the flat part where the barrel protrudes. If you reinforce the insides there, your maxshot will be fine forever, unless you run over it. (Hehe, THIRST) If you don't do this, it'll probably be okay for your nerfing career.

So if you have the materials to do said reinforcing, go for it. If you don't, don't make yourself crazy. Especially because you have 3 of them. :P

Good luck with your new beauties.

TS

#95748 Battle In The Pines!

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 December 2006 - 01:29 PM in Nerf Wars

You know I'm there, man. And I'll start asking people - I'll get about 3 to come. We talked on AIM, it's chill. Hopefully Hersh will come around and give this a looksie before this dies.

TS

#95746 Christmas List 2006

Posted by Team Slaya on 02 December 2006 - 01:23 PM in Off Topic

This year is less Game-oriented than last year - probably a good thing.

-A bass, which we're picking up from Craigslist rather soon.
-A longshot
-Zelda - Twilight Princess
-An iRiver H10 MP3 Player (I payed 120/165$ for it, my Parents and I split it)
-$20 NX Cash for Maplestory. No comments please, I <3 that game. :o
-Decent optical mouse - I hate my current one.
-Clothes, candy, a calendar, and the regular etc. that comes.

TS

#95295 Magstrike 70 Mod

Posted by Team Slaya on 25 November 2006 - 11:19 PM in Modifications

Man, I've gotta come over to your house more often. When was this? Why was I not called? :rolleyes:

I'm getting a longshot for christmas, which means I'm SO at your house the weekend afterwards. Hehe. I'll give you a call around then.

Still, great work, and I've got two clips to use if/when I come over. Have you worked on Isaac's LS yet?

TS

#94967 Next-gen Systems

Posted by Team Slaya on 21 November 2006 - 08:26 PM in Off Topic

IF I were to go and shell out cash for either of the current gen consoles, I'd first have to look at their libraries. Neither of the new consoles have a great library, I have nothing to really compare with.

When I was considering getting my PS2, I didn't go for the general, biased look on graphics and the ignorant ideas of being a sony/microsoft/nintendo whore. I went and looked at their libraries. I already have a Gamecube - it has served me well. I've had a TON of really, really fun games on it. Isn't that the point of it all? I couldn't give two shits if Xbox has better graphics with a semi-bland shooter, but has no other library to speak of. PS2 came to my tastes because of DDR and many good RPG's being brought onto that system. I like RPG's, they're fun, as is DDR and, as I discovered, Guitar Hero. Both of the consoles I got I am very happy with, and all my friends who got Xboxes when they came out are still playing Halo 2. Which I find sad, it was a good game, but not enough to entertain me for THAT long.

Don't get me wrong, shiny graphics are really hot, I like them a bunch. But if I was to shell out $599 + tax to some guy for pretty lookables I'd have my head thoroughly examined. I've seen a bunch of interesting titles come out for X360 already. I've also seen some VERY nice looking projects for Wii and PS3, such as Mario Galaxy and Assassin's Creed. As I said before, I'll wait it out and act accordingly. I was lucky with the GameCube - I didn't research anything about it, and some really good games came out for it.

All in all, I hoped this discussion wouldn't turn into a "my graphics r bettr than urs" fight, but actual discussions. I was mistaken, although the last two pages have had some seriously deep comments. Thanks a lot for that, elf, and others who kept their cool and gave some pretty intelligent feedback. Mad props.

And DTReaper had a good point, get back on topic! :D If you're gonna bash each other about charities, make a new thread.

And I gotta say it. Nerf really beats the hell out of shooters, both PC and Console. KthxI'llshutupnow.

TS

#94685 Holiday Raffle

Posted by Team Slaya on 16 November 2006 - 11:56 PM in General Nerf

294. I <3 Maxshots.

TS

#94425 One Mad Hokie

Posted by Team Slaya on 14 November 2006 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

If it's coming out of the barrel, try this fix.

Take some WD40, and spray some down the barrel. Pump it up. Do this until it can hold air. This worked for ALL 5 of my blastfire barrels.

And please, no posts saying that WD40 eats rubber. My blastfire still works 4 months after I did this.

Hope this helps.

TS

#94338 Buzzbee Mustang Six Reveiw

Posted by Team Slaya on 13 November 2006 - 05:54 PM in General Nerf

Question: Can you load the darts in the side where you load the shells? Or do you really have to load it in the front? I've been wondering about that for a bit.

Forsaken came out with a mod for this a bit ago, it seemed to have some power. Nevertheless, good little review you've whipped up here.

TS

#93909 Rapid Fire 20

Posted by Team Slaya on 08 November 2006 - 01:49 PM in General Nerf

Hehe, yeah. This gun and the Nightfinder are pretty much what got me to search for Nerf on the Internet. I mean, pelting my brother with 20 darts after him asking me what that huge toy in my hand was was really satisfying.

Good stuff. Just don't expect to get any range with it. If you really like automatics, and you're thinking about taking one into battle, I'd say to pick up a magstrike. They're easily reloadable, with the two clips, and can be modded to achieve more range than the RF20. Good luck with that.

TS

#93728 Bunkers...

Posted by Team Slaya on 05 November 2006 - 03:49 PM in Homemades

The war that I was at during the summer, when OMC and the NJ crew came up, was great. We used a woodsy area, before many leaves had fallen. There were plenty of trees, and they worked really well. Even with a slightly more open area, it still worked out.

I personally don't think that they'll be that useful, for the work/effort/money put into them. The use of natural cover could work - You could stack some firewood somewhere, find a woodsy area, etc. But building PVC or other kinds of cover just seems like too much work for not enough payoff. But, if you've got nothing else to do, more power to ya.

Cool ideas, guys.

TS

#93223 Who Watches Naruto?

Posted by Team Slaya on 28 October 2006 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

The ONLY anime that I ever watched/enjoyed was Gundam Wing (the first, good one) back on Toonami waaaayyyyyyy back. It had no anime stereotypes, no fucking big eyes bullshit and stuff like that. Plus, battle scenes weren't extended through SEVERAL EPISODES. That bores me to absolute DEATH. Gundam Wing kept me interested because of awesome, but not too long battle scenes, and a interesting plot.

Unfortunately, the next generations of Gundam were kinda disappointing. None of them, in my opinion, stood up to GW, but I only watched a couple episodes of the others.

Whatever. There's my very narrow view of anime, mostly because I don't like the stereotyped, stupid crap thats put through most anime.

My two cents.

TS

#93016 Idea For A Revolver

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 October 2006 - 07:27 AM in Homemades

Well, you could take a dowel and put the barrels around that so they swivel, and they could go into... I dunno, a coupler or something to make a seal. Shouldn't be too hard. Just make it have a bit of force behind it.

TS

#89992 I Was Wondering.

Posted by Team Slaya on 18 September 2006 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

I'm lucky my maxshot is still in one piece after such a fuckup, this brings it to mind. I guess it was cocked, somehow, and epoxy was set to dry on something on there. I go back to it, try to cock it, and notice it already is. Not good.

I try to fire it, no dice. I opened it up, and it fired then. Great. Everything was out of alignment. The whole catch mech was dislodged; I had to unscrew it and put it back into place.

It now works again, but damn was that scary.

TS

#88869 1/4 " Slingshot Ammo

Posted by Team Slaya on 03 September 2006 - 09:57 AM in General Nerf

They can most likey be found at www.cabelas.com . I looked around, and here's the split shots. I dunno which one is 1/4", if they have it. - Linkage

TS

#88514 Six Flags Bazooka Rocket Launcher Xxl

Posted by Team Slaya on 28 August 2006 - 11:19 PM in General Nerf

This gun is a BEAST. The whole thing is basically a plunger. My friend in Melrose has 2 of these, and he put the whole reducer idea to work. His barrel is about 3' long, I think that he's nuts, but it does get 100' with a stock dart. He used 1/2" PVC.

TS

#88356 Eagle Eye As A Primary?

Posted by Team Slaya on 26 August 2006 - 10:43 AM in General Nerf

Man, the EE is frigging huge for it's power. If you like it, by all means go ahead and use it. The cocking mechanism is kinda cool. You could pull a Falcon and slap a 2k turret on there, THEN it would have a bit of ROF to it. Who knows? It's what fits your playing style. It's just that if you have a single shot weapon, it's best to have some range/accuracy to go along with it, because other guns will easily outshoot you with the same ROF.

TS

#88208 Question About Mini Micro Stefans

Posted by Team Slaya on 24 August 2006 - 11:56 AM in General Nerf

Unless you're necro'ing a topic or posting something off topic, don't ever be sorry about asking for help. It's what we're here for. :blink:

Anyways, I got a pack of 650 3/0 split shot weights at www.cabelas.com . These were nice weights, and pretty cheap too. Just go under fishing, weights, split shots etc. You'll find it.

To read your problem again, we'd need to know the gun that you're firing the stefans from, along with the mod(s) done to it, to figure out the problem. More info always helps.

TS