jackster57's Content

There have been 304 items by jackster57 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#237603 Attn Boston/ma People

Posted by jackster57 on 20 June 2009 - 08:34 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, I would be there, but if you would like to travel a bit farther up to maine we could probably get a bigger war. Right not in Maine we are having a 13+ participant war.

#237419 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 19 June 2009 - 02:08 PM in Nerf Wars

someone give me darts, i'll trade a longshot and 6 clips
PL0X

Talk to Wes.

#237151 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 18 June 2009 - 02:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Are we gonna have a ball gun round?

Nope.

#237150 Menwar Tune-up War.

Posted by jackster57 on 18 June 2009 - 02:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I may need to change the date to the 30th of June, is this okay for everyone?

I would not be there on the 30th

#237068 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 18 June 2009 - 05:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Up my 3 maybes to 5 maybes. I'm gonna be needing some help arming them, though. I've got 'em covered for darts, though. Be sure what your bring for them is OMC PETG, or whatever the fuck that brass is that is similar in size.

I have a 3k that I can give them. It isn't the best, but it gets about 80 feet singled. The problem is that it is CPVC'd with a CPVC coupler. I will do my best to change that to a PVC coupler by the war date. All of my stefans have shrunk to fit into only CPVC and 17/32nd brass.

#236685 Burst Fire Barrel System.

Posted by jackster57 on 16 June 2009 - 05:28 AM in Modifications

Cool. Maybe try a slightly longer actual "barrel" part. I have a 6 shot RSCB that Wes made for me on an at3k and when wes gives me my 4B back I might try it on that too. Is that a new X-Bow or the one that broke earlier?

#236458 Menwar Tune-up War.

Posted by jackster57 on 15 June 2009 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there.

#236155 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 14 June 2009 - 08:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Put me down as a maybe. I have 10 feet of cpvc to use for the flag(s).

Cool. I hope you can show up. It will be a bunch of fun.

Thomas, thats good. See ya there.

#236153 Meno, A Maine Nerf War

Posted by jackster57 on 14 June 2009 - 08:03 AM in Nerf Wars

How about we just make it August 1st at RoyalRiver. If you would like I could just host a MenWar tune-up on July 1st also. This war thread is getting way to confusing.

#236071 Meno, A Maine Nerf War

Posted by jackster57 on 13 June 2009 - 07:46 PM in Nerf Wars

I am gone during this date. Also the field of Bradbury is not a very good place, and nerfing is prohibited inside the park. I asked this winter and they would not let it happen. Maybe want to have a war at a different field besides RoyalRiver on July 25th? After MenWar2? I am open on that date.

#236032 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 13 June 2009 - 05:13 PM in Nerf Wars

So, unless you have back issues I don't see that as a problem.
On a different note, how big is this park/ field? It looks to me to be about 300 yards.

1: If you are fetching the flag, you cannot stop running. Crouching down would be an easy kill.

2: Look at it in Google Maps. Use the measuring marker in the bottom left corner.

3: To Jack- Department store foam is no guarentee for barrel fit, but I hear ACE is decent quality foam. I'll try to work my ass of making as many Swift darts as I possibly can. I may be able to supply you, aswell as my friends. would 225 darts supply all 3 of you (75 per person)? They fit perfectly in PETG for springers, and acceptably in air guns.

Don't forget that I need darts/gun(s) too. :P

Oh yeah.. Hey Wes, I got myself and my friends covered for darts.

#236019 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 13 June 2009 - 04:28 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has any 4 foot lengths of PVC that they could bring as a flag that would be sweet. Any other suggestions of a Flag? Last time we used the PVC and it worked well.

4 feet? That seems rather big. I was thinking like 1.5 feet. Anyway, I've got like 3.5 feet of spare CPVC we can use. I've also found bandanas (not bananas) work nicley. You could tie those to the pipe.

Big? At the war we just stuffed them into the ground like a pole then you would have to run, get the flag, drop your gun and then run back to your base. It worked well. With 1.5 feet you would have to like bend way over.

So, unless you have back issues I don't see that as a problem.
On a different note, how big is this park/ field? It looks to me to be about 300 yards.

It is way bigger than 300 yards. There is two different battlefields that we use.

#235951 Brass Breech Problem

Posted by jackster57 on 13 June 2009 - 07:58 AM in Modifications

I am not sure about you, but all of my brass comes with little stickers telling the size of the pipe. After I take off those stickers I have to be sure to completely sand off all of the residue or the brass has trouble sliding. Try that.

#235950 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 13 June 2009 - 07:53 AM in Nerf Wars

If anyone has any 4 foot lengths of PVC that they could bring as a flag that would be sweet. Any other suggestions of a Flag? Last time we used the PVC and it worked well.

4 feet? That seems rather big. I was thinking like 1.5 feet. Anyway, I've got like 3.5 feet of spare CPVC we can use. I've also found bandanas (not bananas) work nicley. You could tie those to the pipe.

Big? At the war we just stuffed them into the ground like a pole then you would have to run, get the flag, drop your gun and then run back to your base. It worked well. With 1.5 feet you would have to like bend way over.

#235891 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 12 June 2009 - 05:56 PM in Nerf Wars

Stop DOUBLE POSTING WES. Just kidding. 3 more maybes are Effeminate. I sure as hell hope that they can come. I have one definitely and two maybes, with a small chance of a 3rd. Sweet. What foam would you recommend wes? Besides the swiftnerf that you use. Any experience with ACE foam? I think it would be safe to say that at this war we can almost GUARANTEE ten people in attendance. 5v5 will be Effeminate stuff. I sort of dislike pistol rounds, so I think that we will be doing mostly deathmatch a CTF. If anyone has any 4 foot lengths of PVC that they could bring as a flag that would be sweet. Any other suggestions of a Flag? Last time we used the PVC and it worked well.

#235451 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 10 June 2009 - 04:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Thomas are you a definite? Also wes, is clay coming?

#233623 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 31 May 2009 - 05:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey guys, recently I have been getting a bunch of PM's about buying darts from me, I am not a great stefan maker and quite frankly don't have the time or want to make and sell stefans to all of your guys. I am going to ask all of you guys to PM wes as his stefans are much better than mine. He uses white foam and his foam fits well in CPVC and PETG. Please direct your stefan requests to him. Wes, I would STRONGLY suggest getting more foam and making a shitload more stefans as I know that atleast 3 or 4 people have PM'd me about wanting to buy stefans. Can you set them up?

#233468 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 30 May 2009 - 06:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey stealthman and nerfdude, are you for sure's? Also Colbs are you in for a maybe?

#233372 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 30 May 2009 - 07:20 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm very new to the NIC, but I am really happy to see some Maine nerfers! I am just starting to get into modding, so mabey next time I can join you in a war.

If you could make it to this nerf war it would give you a great start, we could share modding tips, and I could set you up with a good primary if you needed one. Can I mark you down as a maybe?

#233229 Magstirke Paintjob Gone Wrong

Posted by jackster57 on 29 May 2009 - 05:19 AM in Modifications

Dude, I purposely painted a Magstrike like this not to long ago. Pink/White looks awesome on blasters.

#233093 How To Not Lose Fingers To A Longshot

Posted by jackster57 on 28 May 2009 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

But I still would like to quote soothsayer's signature, which I completely agree with.

Anyone who singles a longshot is a fucking mook.

[/rant]
I would like to quote you, because you are a fucking dumb ass. This longshot has a freaking +Bow spring and gets atleast 100'. I have seen it in PERSON and it put a welt on my chin for a week. Not everyone singles LS's because ice or whatever. Plus, wes is fully capable of creating an angel breached longshot, hell he even has an angel breech on his BBB. People don't single an LS because they can't do any mods to it, so stop criticizing people who do. Dumbass. :P
/endrant

On topic: Nice Mod Wes, looks almost like it was made to be there. And sick looking LS as always. How is the confuse-a-ray working?

#232631 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 26 May 2009 - 02:23 PM in Nerf Wars

StealthMan got his ass suspended for 30 days. Email Me SteathMan at y2014jaceld@yarmouth.12.me.us and I will update whatever you need.

#231153 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 18 May 2009 - 06:26 PM in Nerf Wars

July 11th it is. DOES THAT NOT WORK FOR ANYONE?

#231130 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 18 May 2009 - 05:28 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh yeah. Spaced that. Maybe August 1st? Does that work for you? I think that is a better date than the 11th.

NO!!! THAT'S WHEN APOC IS!!!!

Your Going? Thats in freaking NJ. How far is that. Maybe Aug. 8th? How does that work?

I live in NY....

Shit. Sorry. Thats probably closer than this Maine War. Does Aug. 8th work?

#231122 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 18 May 2009 - 05:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh yeah. Spaced that. Maybe August 1st? Does that work for you? I think that is a better date than the 11th.

NO!!! THAT'S WHEN APOC IS!!!!

Your Going? Thats in freaking NJ. How far is that. Maybe Aug. 8th? How does that work?

#231109 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 18 May 2009 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

#231057 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 18 May 2009 - 02:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry Guys. I really messed up. That weekend is the Clam Festival, the towns biggest event. Not only will the park be completely overrun with concerts and things, but I will have to help out in the ski team booth. We HAVE to make a date change. I am thinking the saturday three weeks before would be best, the 27th of June. I am also open to other dates, like the 11th of July, although I think that at that time the park may be pretty full of tourists. I will set the date for now as the 27th of June. I need to HEAR FROM EVERYONE if the 27th of June works for everyone. Please post here ASAP. If now then please tell me a date that does.

Sorry Again Guys.

#230641 Help With Kbarker's Nite Finder Rifle

Posted by jackster57 on 16 May 2009 - 07:40 PM in Modifications

I used a polycarbonate tube that had the same OD but a much smaller ID as a 1'' piece of CPVC then at home depot I got a 1'' x 1/2 '' NPT CPVC reducer. Worked great. I also used a derlin plunger rod and got around 110 feet.

#230630 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 16 May 2009 - 06:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Good enough for ya Booky? Thanks a bunch guys! Can everyone bring as many guns as they can? I want to see all of the guns people have been modding. I am so stoked for this war.

#230613 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 16 May 2009 - 04:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry to double post, but bookybabora sent me a PM asking if anyone had any guns he could borrow, I do not have any spares, as I like to keep a small collection, but I am sure you guys must have a spare he could use for the day. Anyone have some?

#230569 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 16 May 2009 - 11:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow. I suck at this. Sorry guys. We are at 7 right now, we need at least 3 more. laxtk88 and Guinea are not coming, so we need Fenix, Booky and Thomas and hopefully some other members to step it up and game on. Lets go guys!

Actually, we have 9, including the maybes and guests. I'll see if I can get another friend to NERF, rather than airsoft (he plays the pistol form, similar to NERF gameplay). He seemed pretty interested at the LS I brought to his house.

I recommend everyone else try to confirm participation, and try to get a guest or two.

Agreed. Any word on your status thomas or Booky? I might be able to get one more friend.

#230537 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 16 May 2009 - 09:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Wow. I suck at this. Sorry guys. We are at 7 right now, we need at least 3 more. laxtk88 and Guinea are not coming, so we need Fenix, Booky and Thomas and hopefully some other members to step it up and game on. Lets go guys!

#230343 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 15 May 2009 - 05:14 AM in Nerf Wars

Jack, I found that your link didn't work either, when I made the FU thread. I used this one:

http://maps.google.c...c5f873862981392

Thats weird. The one that I made was reused from last year, and was a special map thing, so it probably just expired. I just updated the post to have your link wes. I talked to StealthMan on the phone, so everything is cool with him.

Cool.

#230247 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 14 May 2009 - 07:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there.

Sweet! Always great to have new faces around here. Have any questions about the location? Safe to say you are a definite?

Safe to say for now. Also, since I live in NYC, I might have some questions about the location closer to the war date. All I can say for now is, get ready to get your asses whooped by an LS that Wes modded for me. Also, would anyone care to PM me their cell number? My mom never goes to a war without one because of a bad experience at my first war. (I'd rather get the number now than later).

Sweet. I'll add you.
Cell # PM'd. Also I think wes has a one that he could send. The location is pretty straightforward though.

#230200 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 14 May 2009 - 05:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Does PETG and that size CPVC fit a stock barrel BBB?

Uuuh. What? Nothing fits a stock barrel, kid. You make it fit with couplers. I recomend a 1/2" sch.40 PVC coupler, because you can nest most types of barrels in 1/2" PVC, and I can nest all types (I have a lathe). Anything anyone else needs?

Not exactly, e-tape and some 9/16 brass fits into a BBB barrel perfectly.

I see what you are saying. Only 17/32nds and PETG will fit the same as 9/16 in the stock barrel. CPVC has too big of an OD. Also take a look at the Big Bad Sexy mod in the directory for CPVC. I would recommend 17/32nds brass for a BBB. Good Luck. Just post here if you have any questions.

#230120 2009 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by jackster57 on 14 May 2009 - 05:35 AM in Nerf Wars

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16429]July 18th[ME]THE Maine Nerf War Part 2 [/url]

#230118 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 14 May 2009 - 05:27 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be willing to buy 100 at the war.

And can we still trade all that shit? I'll give up the long shot and the long shot shell/misc parts for all the stefans you want to trade for.

Sorry, but seniority of offer wins here. Thomas, I believe the deal was, 175 darts for a stock LS and a few mags.

If Thomas cannot come, then you may purchase the darts.

Well then, I will restate my previous offer. If anyone else who is going has darts that work well with 9/16 brass and is willing to sell or lend please pm me.

I have an idea. Because most all of our darts work with CPVC 17/32nds or PETG maybe you could make a CPVC barrel or buy a PETG one at the war. That way you could buy darts easily, and you would have the ability to pick up darts off the ground during rounds. CPVC is only like 50 cents a foot.

#230087 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 13 May 2009 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there.

Sweet! Always great to have new faces around here. Have any questions about the location? Safe to say you are a definite?

#230057 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 13 May 2009 - 06:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Guinea doesn't nerf any longer but I'll try to see if I can convince him. Bastard owes me a fucking Nite Finder that I let him borrow!

And shit, it's not our fault that the weather blows.
I'm game though, but put me down as a maybe, for i need to discuss this with my pop.

And can we still trade all that shit? I'll give up the long shot and the long shot shell/misc parts for all the stefans you want to trade for.

Cool. But you are pretty sure that you can make it right? This war is going to be the shit. See you there.

#230000 Maine Mun N' Blood Recap Thread

Posted by jackster57 on 13 May 2009 - 02:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet. Already up to 5 people. Updated. Oh, and Wes's Stefan's are sweet, but I would recommend them for PETG for air guns and CPVC for springers.