Demon Lord's Content

There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#310250 Titan Help

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 January 2012 - 03:06 AM in Modifications

I had a similar problem with mine. To fix it I hotglued the spring at the end of the firing pin on the tank to prevent it from compressing, which solved the problem completely.

#314317 Stampede Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 12 April 2012 - 02:10 AM in Modifications

If you haven't modded it at all or opened it up, toss it back in the box and exchange it. You've probably got a dud.

#323971 Wills Win-ter War II

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 November 2012 - 05:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Its during the plant shutdown for me, so I will be there and I'll try and drag people with me. Hopefully I'll have good non-white darts with me, I don't need a repeat of MANO 2.

#324709 Wills Win-ter War II

Posted by Demon Lord on 24 December 2012 - 04:07 AM in Nerf Wars

Update for me: Good News Everybody! I'm going to have at least 1 if not two or more guests with me. More targets!

#338917 Milwaukee Area Nerf Outing S.S. 3/10!

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 May 2014 - 02:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Count me as a maybe. And maybe pluses.

#245737 War In Wisconsin (echoes)

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 August 2009 - 12:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I can't formally request the weekend off as that is the weekend before move in at NIU, but if I get the day off I'll show up.

#158549 Mav Problems

Posted by Demon Lord on 09 June 2008 - 04:28 PM in Modifications

Restore the original spring to the gun and add several pennies to the back end of the spring (4 or 5 should be enough). This will get rid of dead space in the gun and should give some extra range to the darts.

#318282 INO 2

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 July 2012 - 04:46 PM in Nerf Wars

We've got less than a week to the war, anyone else stepping up to attend?

#317634 INO 2

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 June 2012 - 02:21 AM in Nerf Wars

I see potential in that park, much like I see the potential in the fact I might be able to make it.

#163004 Recon Prob. With Pics.

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 July 2008 - 02:51 PM in Modifications

Try using craft foam to seal the gap.

#304374 Need Ebay Shipping Help Fast Please

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 September 2011 - 12:55 AM in Off Topic

You could also use a flat rate shipping envelope too. Also available at your local USPS.

#147923 Recon Ar Removal Pissings

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 March 2008 - 09:53 PM in Modifications

Easiest thing to do (from my experience) is to open the Recon up and take out the mechanism. Remove the "ARMED" plunger and drill out the AR using a foot long 1/2 inch paddle bit. If you don't have a drill you can at use a smaller paddle bit to pop out the peg that the dart sits on/around.

#297674 Display name

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 April 2011 - 01:57 AM in Off Topic

It was possible to do it manually (at least from what I did) as when I signed up my default Display Name was my login name. I was able to change that under the old software that forum used. However now that doesn't appear to be the case.

#325100 Arrowstorm Verification Assistance

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM in General Nerf

Post a photo (or several) of the blaster, that will go a long way in determining a solution to your problem.

#300972 Titan Help

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 July 2011 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

You could try forcing it off with a screw driver, however you risk damaging both the shell and the ring by doing that.

#306336 commissioners

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2011 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

Piece of friendly advice: People might buy from people who have good reputations and are known as good modders. Being a FNG nobody knows you so you're going to need to work on building a reputation first and learning the proper area to post threads like this. After all that, then people might be interested in buying your stuff.

#311572 Stampede Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 February 2012 - 02:52 AM in Modifications

Please do NOT use a car battery for testing anything or modding anything. The average car battery runs at over 500 amps and is enough to melt steel in seconds if short circuited. If you need 12 V anything to test with use a lantern battery as they are much safer for applications like this.

#152040 Iron Man Magstrike Question

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 April 2008 - 04:03 PM in General Nerf

All the Iron Man Magstrike is is a repainted Magstrike that is packaged with one (not two) clip and fires suction tipped darts rather than taggers. Beyond that, they are the same Nerf gun.

#227821 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 03 May 2009 - 02:01 AM in Nerf Wars

So far, just me and a couple of friends of mine that will be joining for sure. From the looks of it the date was a bad day to set up a war.

Humans Vs Zombies Rules:
Humans Vs Zombies
Team based survivor gameplay
Humans marked by having armbands on right arm, zombies wear headbands.
Humans may defend themselves using nerf guns while zombies are unarmed.
To turn a human into a zombie, the zombie must touch a human using their bare hands. Transformation time is how long it takes a human to swap out to a headband and reach the zombie spawn point.
If zombie is hit by nerf dart then the zombie is stunned and cannot tag a human until they get back to the designated respawn point. Camping the spawn point is
To win the humans must survive one of two scenerios: 1. Either get to a evac point or 2. Survive for a limited amount of time.
Human winners get to be original zombies in the next round, if not then last surviving humans will be the next starting zombies. Failing all that, names out of a hat.

#224970 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 April 2009 - 05:51 AM in Nerf Wars

Where: Hopkins Park (1403 Sycamore Rd. DeKalb, Illinois 60115)
When: Saturday, May 30th from 11 am to 4 pm (june 6th a possible date if the 30th doesn't work)
Meet up place: Right by the tennis courts

Who will be there:
Demon Lord

Who might be there:
PointBlank
Ryan201821
basser +1
bigred1rifleman
Unsane

The backstory:
Inspired by ChANO, the Midwest needs more wars, need I say more?

What you need:
- At least a pistol and most likely a primary. I might have a few loaner guns but I can't guarantee it.
- Ammo. Tons and tons of ammo.
- Eye protection. You don't have any you don't play. There's a walmart nearby to buy some from if needed.
- Money, or food. I'm going to be taking donations to order pizza later in the day and would like to get something better than a small cheese pizza to share among nth number of people.

What you shouldn't bring:
- Absolutely no singled Titans. Plugged Titans must be shotgunned to at least three barrels - a minimum of three barrels attached to the airtank, with all barrels firing upon the trigger pull.
- No singled AND plugged 4Bs, LBBs, National Geographic Guns, or Signal Launchers. Plugged will imply shotgunned to at least three barrels.
- The only case a single and plugged gun of the above mentioned gun would be allowed is that if they can only fire the stock ammo they came with.
- Special cases on the above banned guns will be considered on a case-by-case basis; if you feel you have something that is listed as banned but doesn't perform powerfully enough to warrant banning you may bring it, but please don't waste our time with a singled, plugged Titan where you shotgun-load a single barrel.
- Do NOT bring anything painted all black. That is bad and you won't be allowed to use it. Orange tips are also required, however orange ductape is available for guns without them.

Misc. stuff:
- All players at least once will be asked (and by asked I mean required) to be a referee for a round. Cuts down on headaches and arguments of rules. If we get a large enough turnout then everyone will just be ref once.
- Three strikes and you're out rules applies. We're all adults (as adulty as we can be running around with kids toys while shooting at each other) so this should be an issue at all.
- Rules for other types are going to be leaning toward West Coast standard rules (see badgers thread and read it).

Games played and planned:
Team Deathmatch
CTF (both double flag and single flag)
Humans Vs Zombies (if we have enough people)
Free for all survivor
Squad scenerios

Rules for HvZ and scenerios coming as I get time to post them.
Squad Scenario number 1 rules are up! See posts below!
Humans Vs Zombies rules are up!
Bombing Run rules are up!
This the first nerf war in DeKalb in a long time and I really want this to be a good one. Let's make it just that!

#231528 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 May 2009 - 05:40 PM in Nerf Wars

Scenerio 2: Bombing Run
A ball is placed in the center of the staging ground with a large hoop placed at each team base.
Goal is to launch the ball through the hoop of the enemy base.
Person holding ball must drop ball when tagged out and cannot use any weapons while holding the ball.
15 second time out after being tagged, count starts at the designated team respawn point.
First team to successfully get the ball through the hoop of the other team wins.
Played best 2 out of 3 with teams switching sides between rounds.

#226011 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 26 April 2009 - 01:15 AM in Nerf Wars

The first squad scenario rules are up!

Scenerio Mission 1: Assualt
2 teams to play, each provided with a missle but no launcher.
The titan launcher is out in the open on the field, waiting to be primed and loaded.
Both teams have to scramble to get titan and to launch the missle at the opposing base, a direct is considered if the missle lands within 5ft of the base and destroys the base.
Should a player get hit by a missle (or catch it) they are out for 60 seconds instead of the regular 20 seconds.
People hit count and respawn at their designated “respawner” before rejoining their team.
Played best 2 out of 3, with teams changing sides between rounds.

#227196 Gehenna In Dekalb

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 April 2009 - 04:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Quick note, if anyone wants to tryout a new gametype or play style this is a good time to do it. I'm always looking new ideas and challanges to liven up the games played. Overall its just about having fun!

#149547 Longshot Air Restrictor

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 April 2008 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

Look in this thread for all your Longshot modding needs:
Modifying a Longshot?

#300399 M.A.N.O. 5.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 June 2011 - 02:32 AM in Nerf Wars

I make no guarantees, but I'll try and make it up there.

#300969 M.A.N.O. 5.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 03 July 2011 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Good to finally be back in Wisconsin for a good war. Decent location if you can forgive the placement of main roads on either side of the but a TON of good cover to make up for it.

+Fairly even teams with even skill level. Long range homemades went toe to toe with near stock nerf guns.
+Decent dart recovery
+CTF actually working out. The Engineer class did help it work to make the type quite fun.
Jury is out on Soviet Pac-Man
+FISHIE FISHIE FISHIE, one of the MANY unexpected things I heard.
+"Hey, I'm a distraction."
"Yet another thing from you that has passed into legend."
+So many new faces, so many returning old faces.
+"You're plus 3 vs noobs."
+The bows wielded by people. The box didn't lie about ranges and are great long range support versus shield users.
+None of my blasters broke. Whoo!
-Every time someone else wields my plus bow it seems like those darts guide towards heads. I really should look into this problem.
+/-Minor incident with some misunderstood etiquette and a short fuse lead to a confrontation which was handed well by the mature adults there...i.e. all the nerfers present.
+Some jokes were mistaken, some shots were taken, but all was well in the end (I hope)
-Missed out on an axe fight.

See you at the next war!

#297765 Osama Is Dead

Posted by Demon Lord on 01 May 2011 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

After the news I have but one thing, to say:
BOOM! Headshot!

And for the actual comment, it took just almost 10 years, but we got him.

#278043 Cancelledibb Indiana Border Battle July 10

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 June 2010 - 12:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Mark me as a maybe

#304133 titan question

Posted by Demon Lord on 31 August 2011 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

You aren't running enough. The more you run away when you play deathmatch the less pumps your titan will take to fill up.

You're doing it wrong Zorn.

Plugging an airguns' pump will not decrease the number of pumps to fill the tank, it will allow you to exceed standard pressures in the air tank, allowing better ranges.
If you want to decrease the number of pumps to fill the tank then replace the pump with a different pump.

#184879 Hvz

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2008 - 02:51 AM in General Nerf

Northern Illinois University also has a game of Humans Vs Zombies going on and a club behind it. We're about to start the second game of the semester and things are looking good, despite the fact that we lost use of NERF guns temporarily due to the shooting that occurred back in February...however we've got loophole to drive trucks through and still keep things fun!
More info is at our website NIU HvZ

#264301 Relative Strength Of The Max Shot Spring

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 February 2010 - 01:07 AM in Modifications

Just keep in mind the MaxShot's tendency toward violent outbursts with the original spring...

I am cognizant of this issue, but feel reckless enough to ignore it.

Please take pictures when it turns into a million pieces.

I see something similar to what happened with your manta ray happening to this MaxShot..

Wear a paintball mask while taking a video of it firing. I want to see that thing go BOOM!

#255568 Hitting The Target

Posted by Demon Lord on 07 November 2009 - 02:44 AM in General Nerf

That doesn't appear to be a dart curve, just good timing.
Now if the shot happened outside with high winds, I'd say the dart got an external push to curve the dart.

#311128 Titan Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 February 2012 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

Open it up, align the trigger to the rod and make sure everything is in place correctly. Then hot glue the spring to ensure it can't compress at all, I had a similar problem with mine and that fixed the problem for me.

#311137 Titan Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 February 2012 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

Which spring may I ask? Sorry Ive never messed with air guns.

Its the spring behind the trigger. If you need more help refer to the Internals Guide to see it.

#303637 Mayhem in Milwaukee

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 August 2011 - 12:40 AM in Nerf Wars

With that date move, I might be able to make it.

#331892 How to convince my community to allow elite modding...

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 July 2013 - 09:22 PM in Off Topic

Something I want to point out is that if blasters are scarce in the area you live and nerf in, keep in mind there are online stores to buy from as well as people on this site that will happily sell you balsters.

#316701 Heavy Metal Nerf

Posted by Demon Lord on 07 June 2012 - 10:36 PM in Off Topic

Even though I might get banned for this, a person can see the completed gun here as part of a woot.com blog at Seattle Mini Makers Faire.

#221273 Recon Seal?

Posted by Demon Lord on 02 April 2009 - 04:56 PM in Modifications

Straw modding is a possibility. However in my experience straw modding for the time and effort put into it, its not worth it. The range and reliability don't improve enough to justify doing it.

#329205 Midwest Nerf Camping Weekend

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 April 2013 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

June 15th is when SPANO is this year, so Cataclysm shouldn't happen that weekend. That being said I would push for the second weekend in July.

#179243 Niu Humans Vs Zombies Needs Help!

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 September 2008 - 11:39 PM in General Nerf

As you may know, we had the shooting on Feb. 14th. We are currently trying to get the game back to the point it was at but we need some help. We have some people still complaining to us about insensitivity.

This is very unfortunate, and obviously not in any way your fault or responsibility, but all the same it might be best to "lay low" at least until an anniversary passes. Maybe look for some off-campus locations, to help keep your organization going, even if you have to pay a use fee.

No matter how politic you are about it, it only takes one person's objections to royally screw you over, while such a community wound is fresh.

The thing is that the "advisory board" wants to get rid of HvZ COMPLETELY. As in shut down the club. We do more than Humans Vs Zombies games, we have held and are planning to hold NERF wars and other events but these people are threatening to end all that.
My name is Tim Peterson and I'm the Graduate Adviser of the club. We've fought long and hard for the very little the club has and now we are threatened with being shut down for something out of our control by a board who did not consult the people involved with the club nor consult any of the victims or their psychologists. All that is being asked is that people who nerf email the above address to show support of the club and what it does. If you have story about HvZ or something similar, tell it. That's all we can ask. Thanks for the support.