Demon Lord's Content

There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#315372 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 08 May 2012 - 02:02 AM in Nerf Wars

So far we have Illinois, Wisconsin and California and Jersey natives attending. This is going to be Effeminate.

#314861 Milwaukee Area Nerf Outing 8.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 April 2012 - 01:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I can confirm that I will be there.

#314471 SPANO

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 April 2012 - 12:47 PM in Nerf Wars

Unless something bad happens, I'll be there.

#314470 Cataclysm 3 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 April 2012 - 12:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there.

#314317 Stampede Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 12 April 2012 - 02:10 AM in Modifications

If you haven't modded it at all or opened it up, toss it back in the box and exchange it. You've probably got a dud.

#313402 VANS Are Not Slugs

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 March 2012 - 01:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

The issue with them not feeding in hoppers is that without the felt tip the RTS has too much friction to allow it to feed.

#312750 Milwaukee Area Nerf Outing 8.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 12 March 2012 - 04:45 AM in Nerf Wars

I am a possibility.

#311572 Stampede Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 February 2012 - 02:52 AM in Modifications

Please do NOT use a car battery for testing anything or modding anything. The average car battery runs at over 500 amps and is enough to melt steel in seconds if short circuited. If you need 12 V anything to test with use a lantern battery as they are much safer for applications like this.

#311521 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 February 2012 - 02:45 AM in Nerf Wars

Just for clarification: the mod party stars at 10 am on the 10th and ends at 11:30 am, which is when the actual war starts, correct?

#311301 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Demon Lord on 16 February 2012 - 03:24 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm there, now we just need a confirmed date and location.

#311137 Titan Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 February 2012 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

Which spring may I ask? Sorry Ive never messed with air guns.

Its the spring behind the trigger. If you need more help refer to the Internals Guide to see it.

#311130 INO. A March '12 War!

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 February 2012 - 05:34 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm up for either day if the drive is a reasonable drive. PM incoming.

#311128 Titan Problem

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 February 2012 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

Open it up, align the trigger to the rod and make sure everything is in place correctly. Then hot glue the spring to ensure it can't compress at all, I had a similar problem with mine and that fixed the problem for me.

#310724 .22 Master Exam Design

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 February 2012 - 05:51 AM in Off Topic

.22 Are small game hunting rifles, there is no way you can kill someone with it (perhaps an eyeshot)
Zumatrix

Actually historically the .22 wasn't designed for target shooting or hunting small game, the original nickname of that caliber of round was "the assassin's bullet" as the small size and shape as well as the lower velocity of the round would cause it to bounce around in the human body causing more damage than if the round had gone straight through.
But I digress and correct,
Once you said that the design was bolt action and nothing else the design clicked. I would make the part that holds the bolt back a bit thicker but the overall design seems sound.

#310250 Titan Help

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 January 2012 - 03:06 AM in Modifications

I had a similar problem with mine. To fix it I hotglued the spring at the end of the firing pin on the tank to prevent it from compressing, which solved the problem completely.

#306968 "classes" for NERF Wars

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 November 2011 - 02:48 AM in General Nerf

If you want to incorporate classes or the idea into a war you're hosting, go ahead and do so. However for classes that have worked well in the past in different game types take a look at the most recent MANO war threads and check out there classes. Those ideas will help you tweak your idea.

#306513 HellaWeen Warfestravagasm 2011!

Posted by Demon Lord on 25 October 2011 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Change of plans folks, turns out I have to move that weekend so I'll be unable to attend. I was looking forward to this war too. Maybe next war.

#306469 Vortex Praxis high-capasity Magazine Mod

Posted by Demon Lord on 24 October 2011 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

By heat treating the spring he made in that fashion, he no longer has to worry about it compressing back.

#306336 commissioners

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 October 2011 - 11:16 PM in General Nerf

Piece of friendly advice: People might buy from people who have good reputations and are known as good modders. Being a FNG nobody knows you so you're going to need to work on building a reputation first and learning the proper area to post threads like this. After all that, then people might be interested in buying your stuff.

#305729 Need help locating where I can get a spring for the Bullet Guard for t

Posted by Demon Lord on 11 October 2011 - 06:55 PM in Modifications

1. They are not bullets, they are darts. Learn the difference.
2. Check out Lowe's, they sell an assorted pack of springs for a few dollars that probably has a spring similar to the size you need.

#304999 HellaWeen Warfestravagasm 2011!

Posted by Demon Lord on 25 September 2011 - 10:58 PM in Nerf Wars

If anyone needs darts I'm available to sell them. PM me for details.

#304890 Homemade Ren Fair Firearms

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 September 2011 - 03:51 AM in Homemades

This brings people of all sorts who enjoy the idea of nerfing. That being said, ignore the jerks above; they are just trolling.
If you're looking for an easy way to stimulate historical firearms, a rod-less design might be the best way to go as the lack of anything to physically grab would lend itself well to a ramrod priming style. Write-ups are all over the site and in the homemade directory. I'm willing to help, just shoot me a PM.

#304667 Epoxy Resin Cast Blaster Parts!

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 September 2011 - 12:13 AM in Modifications

It would be tricky, but a person could do a two part mold to create shells and other complex pieces like that.

#304464 HellaWeen Warfestravagasm 2011!

Posted by Demon Lord on 08 September 2011 - 03:23 PM in Nerf Wars

There is a chance that I'll be able to make it to this war. That being said, SonReeseSonJenson you better bring that Area 52 blaster of yours.

#304374 Need Ebay Shipping Help Fast Please

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 September 2011 - 12:55 AM in Off Topic

You could also use a flat rate shipping envelope too. Also available at your local USPS.

#304133 titan question

Posted by Demon Lord on 31 August 2011 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

You aren't running enough. The more you run away when you play deathmatch the less pumps your titan will take to fill up.

You're doing it wrong Zorn.

Plugging an airguns' pump will not decrease the number of pumps to fill the tank, it will allow you to exceed standard pressures in the air tank, allowing better ranges.
If you want to decrease the number of pumps to fill the tank then replace the pump with a different pump.

#303637 Mayhem in Milwaukee

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 August 2011 - 12:40 AM in Nerf Wars

With that date move, I might be able to make it.

#303537 Homemade PulseStrike

Posted by Demon Lord on 18 August 2011 - 11:09 PM in Homemades

I'm not going to lie, I both like this design and and terrified of it. I'm thinking I need to combine this design with your homemade nerf mortar set up and have one truly pants wetting siege blaster.

#303350 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Demon Lord on 15 August 2011 - 12:32 AM in General Nerf

Think of it this way with the kits; it will encourage people to try out their own mods and ideas. People swap out springs, add longer barrels, and when a person has a whole spare set of internals sitting around, people will mess around with those to see what they can do.

#302021 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 July 2011 - 02:19 AM in Nerf Wars

Just to clarify, the heat index is going to be 105 while the actual temperature is going to be a high of 92. Lion's Park is in a lot of shade, however that won't help much against heat index. We also have a chance of rain that day which will cool the temperature down temporary, but after it ends we're going to roast. I'm not going to out right cancel it yet but I will be there until 11 am. If no one shows up I'll officially cancel the war. To anyone that was planning on showing up later than that, it might be a good idea to either PM me to let me know or just outright not show.

#301721 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 July 2011 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

While I won't have enough darts to supply everyone there, I'll have enough for you to borrow some.

#301101 Captain America Disc Launching Shield

Posted by Demon Lord on 06 July 2011 - 03:14 PM in Modifications

What if you were buy an equivalent size/power motor and install it in the place of the free spinning wheel, you get more power and even the accuracy out.

That idea would work with a flywheel blaster that fires darts, but disks require spin to even have any chance of flying.

#300972 Titan Help

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 July 2011 - 12:17 AM in Modifications

You could try forcing it off with a screw driver, however you risk damaging both the shell and the ring by doing that.

#300969 M.A.N.O. 5.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 03 July 2011 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

Good to finally be back in Wisconsin for a good war. Decent location if you can forgive the placement of main roads on either side of the but a TON of good cover to make up for it.

+Fairly even teams with even skill level. Long range homemades went toe to toe with near stock nerf guns.
+Decent dart recovery
+CTF actually working out. The Engineer class did help it work to make the type quite fun.
Jury is out on Soviet Pac-Man
+FISHIE FISHIE FISHIE, one of the MANY unexpected things I heard.
+"Hey, I'm a distraction."
"Yet another thing from you that has passed into legend."
+So many new faces, so many returning old faces.
+"You're plus 3 vs noobs."
+The bows wielded by people. The box didn't lie about ranges and are great long range support versus shield users.
+None of my blasters broke. Whoo!
-Every time someone else wields my plus bow it seems like those darts guide towards heads. I really should look into this problem.
+/-Minor incident with some misunderstood etiquette and a short fuse lead to a confrontation which was handed well by the mature adults there...i.e. all the nerfers present.
+Some jokes were mistaken, some shots were taken, but all was well in the end (I hope)
-Missed out on an axe fight.

See you at the next war!

#300842 Quick Stefan Question

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 June 2011 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

@kingjulien: That's just another form of a craft foam dart. Whether you use washers or rounds weights, craft foam is just not good padding at all as is does compress during the gluing process and absorb the adhesive. This will lead to the padding being harder than the foam body of the dart.

#300530 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 25 June 2011 - 10:47 PM in Nerf Wars

We've got just under a month until this war, who else is going to be brave enough to attend?!

#300399 M.A.N.O. 5.0

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 June 2011 - 02:32 AM in Nerf Wars

I make no guarantees, but I'll try and make it up there.

#300234 SPANO 2011 Recap

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 June 2011 - 01:54 PM in Nerf Wars

Great war, and nice to see so many people in a state where nerf seemed to be dying out

+ Huge turn out
+ Finally getting to use my 2-11
+ SonReeseSonJenson makes for a great host
+ Minimal downtime between rounds
+ Seeing MN friends again
+ Never ran short of darts, gotta love scavenging
+ 3 team CTF...talk about a cluster#$%!
+ So...many...homemades

- Rain
- Those Big Blast HAD to have been plugged
- Taking one for the team in the Noobs vs Vets round to end the drawing out round (great tactics on the newbies side though)
- Losing 600 darts. Noobs, please return darts when you leave.

I actually want to make a safety note here, for the love of everything, even if you can't see, NEVER remove your eye protection. With the rain my glasses started fogging up badly and in the last round in other to move and see I took a gamble in a rush and took off my shooting glasses. I promptly got shot in the lower occipital socket of my right eye not more than a minute later. I was seeing double for several minutes and it still aches days later as well as having a minor haze around brightly lit stuff. Go ahead and flame/mock me for my actions, but let what happened to me be a lesson to everyone else who might nerf in bad conditions.

#299840 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by Demon Lord on 14 June 2011 - 01:36 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll be bringing a couple of SNAP-7 Microbows that I'll be selling for an "I need gas money" price.

Save one for me, I'll buy one for sure. How much are they?

#299589 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by Demon Lord on 09 June 2011 - 02:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I have not problem saying I have used the Nerf Dart Tag Vision Gear glasses at multiple wars. Just sayin...they work.

I swear, those things are near indestructible.