Demon Lord's Content

There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#299496 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by Demon Lord on 07 June 2011 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I may be bringing 0-4 friends.

EDIT: For vision protection if you have glasses like the kind you need to see better, does that count?

I would recommend against just those as eye protection. The reason is that if they aren't shatter resistant the lenses could get broken and the frames could get bent or damaged either way. I'd recommend picking up chemistry goggles to fit over your glasses to protect the lenses and frames.

#299265 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Demon Lord on 04 June 2011 - 01:33 AM in Darts and Barrels

Kane was in talk about ordering them, not putting in an order though.
I got my sample pack a while ago and got around to making a couple of the darts which (using the full length foam) did NOT fire out of my hoppered +bow at all.

#298842 Supposedly amazing non-nerf foam dart bow?

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 May 2011 - 04:52 AM in General Nerf

Actually it was Wicket that made that foam fork, not me. And the modded bow was for NIU Humans Vs Zombies, mostly for range but knocking a zombie to the ground was a nice plus.
As for the melee stuff that was for a group called The Northern Horde.
Nice to know I've got people who've got my back, that I didn't know had my back.

#298638 Supposedly amazing non-nerf foam dart bow?

Posted by Demon Lord on 25 May 2011 - 10:17 PM in General Nerf

I modded the Surefire bow for a friend of mine awhile back after wrapping the front elastic around the pulleys once and replacing the back elastic with surgical tubing. This got it MUCH better ranges and impressive stopping power.
EDIT: Ranges varied from shot to shot from about 90+ to 150 ft (How that happened I don't know) with about 100 ft being the average. In regards to the stopping power, it knocked me (5'10" 200lb at the time) off my feet when I was struck at about 15 ft.

#298346 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 May 2011 - 12:14 AM in Nerf Wars

See you punks out on the field. Its time to play.

#298256 Foam Sports (Silicone Tip Dart, Video)

Posted by Demon Lord on 18 May 2011 - 05:23 AM in Darts and Barrels

Did you have to cut the foam at all to fit the hopper? In the video the foam looks pretty long, and in my experience hoppers tend to only accept < 1.5" stefans

I've gotten regular streamlines to fire out of a hoppered +plus bow (8.5 inch 17/32" brass barrel), so I doubt any foam cutting would be required.

#298244 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 May 2011 - 06:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Just a heads up, I'm going to have a bunch of darts with me, so if someone is running short (after making their own darts) they can borrow some from me.

#298054 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 13 May 2011 - 10:52 PM in Nerf Wars

Is the area we're nerfing in a park or something? Because I don't have a GPS and we're using Mapquest.

Toss the coordinates into Google Maps and it will kick out an address for MapQuest or GPS units that can't take straight coordinates.

#297888 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 May 2011 - 07:04 PM in Nerf Wars

The 18th works better for me as then I possibly will have +1 or +2 with me.

#297765 Osama Is Dead

Posted by Demon Lord on 01 May 2011 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

After the news I have but one thing, to say:
BOOM! Headshot!

And for the actual comment, it took just almost 10 years, but we got him.

#297675 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 April 2011 - 02:01 AM in Nerf Wars

Works for me.

#297674 Display name

Posted by Demon Lord on 29 April 2011 - 01:57 AM in Off Topic

It was possible to do it manually (at least from what I did) as when I signed up my default Display Name was my login name. I was able to change that under the old software that forum used. However now that doesn't appear to be the case.

#297466 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 April 2011 - 01:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Either date works for me.

#297345 LED stefans?

Posted by Demon Lord on 20 April 2011 - 02:17 AM in Darts and Barrels

For a micro sized dart, the weight will probably be too much for even a high powered blaster. However a mega sized dart or a mongo dart (and the blasters capable of firing them) that might be a better weight for those larger darts.

#297332 Cataclysm 2 - Chicagoland War

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 April 2011 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm there.

#296738 Saint Paul Area Nerf Outing 2011

Posted by Demon Lord on 28 March 2011 - 06:03 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm there tentatively. And with people tentatively.

#296688 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 27 March 2011 - 03:06 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome, glad to see those videos posted.

#296417 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 March 2011 - 03:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Really the whole day was awesome.
+ Biggest war I've been to yet, and possibly the biggest in the Midwest so far.
+ BritNerf is actually a real person, and a cool one at that
+ Sword fight, nuff said. Valor I want to see that video posted
+ SorrowX's turret works and held up during the war. My darts were a different story
+ Getting both names and faces
+ Firestorm with 6 rings, booyah
+ One of the longest CTF games I've ever played
+ Did I mention cool people?
+ Scatterblast, thanks for trading the beef jerky for the discount Wicket

I'll be sure to attend more wars in Ohio, it was worth the trip. Just next time I'll arrive not having been up for 26 hours straight.

#296260 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 19 March 2011 - 01:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Sleep is for the week. This is going to be a long but worthwhile day. I'm leaving now.

#296229 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 18 March 2011 - 02:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Ryan: I'll take 500. I'll pay you at some point before or after the war.

To everyone else, see you on the field.

#296034 Japanese Earthquake/tsunami

Posted by Demon Lord on 14 March 2011 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

Latest on the nuke fire in Japan.

#295759 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 11 March 2011 - 12:03 AM in Nerf Wars

There is a place here in DeKalb that does T-shirts and the like. If I get all the shirt info (sizes, designs, numbers, etc. ) I can talk to them and possibly have them print up the shirts.

#294983 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 23 February 2011 - 03:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I know I'll be there. Would "slug type" be able to have 3/16" ball bearings as weight.

I'd like to keep it to just BB weights as both those and slug darts are near identical performance. So, no.

3/16" steel balls weigh about .44g, #6 washers about .6g. So, 3/16" steel weights should be fine unless Demonlord has a problem with round weights.

Thank you for that info Kane, I wasn't aware of the weight differences. 3/16'' steel weights are allowed.

#294900 2011 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 February 2011 - 02:46 AM in Nerf Wars

Month of Event: July
[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20872l]23rd [IL] D.A.W.N of War[/url]

#294899 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 22 February 2011 - 02:44 AM in Nerf Wars

Pictures of the park are now up. Be careful of the airspace, trees are in most of the park.

#294840 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 February 2011 - 06:14 PM in Nerf Wars

I know I'll be there. Would "slug type" be able to have 3/16" ball bearings as weight.

I'd like to keep it to just BB weights as both those and slug darts are near identical performance. So, no.

#294809 Dekalb Area War Of Nerf, July 23rd

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 February 2011 - 05:23 AM in Nerf Wars

WHERE
Lion's Park
700 W Taylor St (at the corner of David Ave and W Taylor)[Address is approximate, location is not]
DeKalb, IL 60115
Posted Image
Entrance to park
Picture 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Pic 6

WHEN
Saturday, July 23rd, 2011
10:00 AM to whenever we decide to stop (or the host/s dies, one of the two)

BASELINE STUFF

Slug (or slug type), foam tip, or stock darts only

Bring at least one primary, two or more would be a good idea

If you have multiple blasters and care to be generous bring them so that others bask in your modding glory

I'm not outright banning anything. This includes Jobars/Cobras and waterguns. If yours proves to be too dangerous I'll ask you to put it down

Two things unique to this war and I really doubt it will be a problem, but I want to cover any liabilities first: 1. Don't refer to darts as "bullets," they are darts/slugs/foam projectiles and 2. Put "nerf" in front of "gun."
DeKalb has had one major shooting and several smaller ones and I'd really like to avoid people calling the cops on us from mishearing something.

Don't be a douche.

Try not to curse loudly, if ever. We are in a public park after all.

Lunch is a good idea, as well as cash/trades to broker deals between rounds and before/after the war
There are several fast food places nearby for lunch, or you can bring your own.

The slug type darts I mentioned are simply single BB or 3/16th ball weight stefans that have no hot glue dome, just hot glue securing them in the foam with a flat felt tip covering the dart and the hot glue.

GAMETYPES PLANNED

Carpe Testiculum

CTF and variants

Destruction

Bombing Run

Meatgrinder

Territories

Zombies!

GAMETYPE RULES

Bombing Run

A ball is placed in the center of the field/war ground with two or more teams on different sides of the field. Each team has a "hoop" with the objective to run the ball and toss it into/through another team's hoop. One point per toss, 3 to win. Unlimited spawns, touch and go spawning with set team specific spawn points.

Destruction

Pieces of a titan are scattered about the field. Each team has a base and must launch and land a missle within 10 feet of the base flag to destroy the base. Unlimited spawns with a touch and go spawning unless hit with a titan missle, which carries a 30 spawn timer.

People:

knexpert66
cheerios
Y-brik
Wicket
Noodleownz
AcePilotZero
Mekhu
Javon
Bchamp22795
KaneTheMedicore

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to a high heat index and rain tomorrow the war is postponed until further notice. Sorry about that folks!

#294609 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 17 February 2011 - 01:32 AM in Nerf Wars

I have no opinion on the matter.

#294401 Are The Clear Blasters Faulty?

Posted by Demon Lord on 11 February 2011 - 10:00 PM in General Nerf

I received a stock clear NF a while back and discovered that it would not shoot stock ammo at all. It seems to me that the clear series of blasters seems to have more defects than the standard ones.

#294325 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 10 February 2011 - 08:28 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm also a maybe. I'll be carpooling with Ryan, so it's pretty much both of us or neither. I'll figure out if I'm coming as the date approaches.

Heck if Ryan can't drive you and you're ready to go I'll drive and you can carpool with me

#294165 Official Steam/pc Gaming Thread

Posted by Demon Lord on 08 February 2011 - 04:58 AM in Off Topic

Steam account name: DemonLordDirge
Display name: Various X

If you want to add me as a friend, search for DemonLordDirge.

#294160 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by Demon Lord on 08 February 2011 - 03:46 AM in General Nerf

I want to point out that my slugs last for wars, as almost everyone in the Midwest who as used them can attest to. The trick is to burn a hole below the washer, then place the washer over that lake of glue and then apply the weight and felt pad. As for the felt pad, "kiss" it with flame lightly to melt the felt slightly. This will greatly increase the lifespan of the felt pad.

#294157 Slugs And Domes And Taggers, Oh My!

Posted by Demon Lord on 08 February 2011 - 03:16 AM in General Nerf

I'm going to direct people to a post that convinced most of the Midwest crowd to switch over to slug darts:
Slug/BB/Slingshot dart testing

That being said, it is up to the war host to determine what's allowed and what isn't. At the couple of MN wars I've been to the only darts used where slugs and stock, as a result no gun bans were needed. I got hit from close range with singled Titans and Jobar/Cobras and came back with no broken skin, just a minor irritation from where I got hit. Don't get me wrong, I felt the hits, but I didn't get any permanent damage, unlike at Chano 3. There I got hit in the funny bone with a slingshot dart and lost use of my left hand for several minutes and complete feeling for several hours. That could have been permanent damage had it been at a slightly different spot.

#293946 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 February 2011 - 08:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Sounds like I've got a trip to plan then. Hopefully I'll have other people with me than just me to represent the Chicago area. I'll have to build a giant foam fork for the Ohio playdate people. Stuff to do, stuff to do...

#293940 The Ohio Revolution

Posted by Demon Lord on 05 February 2011 - 07:41 PM in Nerf Wars

Assuming that this is the actual thread and not the previous thread, I'll be representing Illinois and will be there.

#293675 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 01 February 2011 - 01:02 AM in Nerf Wars

Domes in this weather won't bother me, I've got a face mask and goggles to wear.

#293581 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 January 2011 - 06:47 AM in Nerf Wars

Since there is going to be once heck of a good chance there will be snow on the ground, can we use mini-marshmallows for ammo?

#293580 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 January 2011 - 06:45 AM in General Nerf

I can see in darkened areas for HvZ in campus settings or indoor wars with the lights out that something like this could be handy. Scenario specific of course, and defiantly not something I'd set out to buy if I had other things to buy, but a neat little find. Retarded? No. Niche. Quite.

#293579 Community Snap Thread

Posted by Demon Lord on 30 January 2011 - 06:31 AM in Homemades

E-tape and screws will be your friend. You only really need to glue/goop the front bushing/coupler in anyway, as you can just unscrew the back and pull out the mechanism behind the SNAP.

#293215 Awno 2 (awesome Wisconsin Nerf Out) New Host

Posted by Demon Lord on 21 January 2011 - 10:15 PM in Nerf Wars

My figuring is, the later it is, the more chance the snow has to melt and get warmer in general, so my vote is for the 15th

February is one of the coldest months of the year. It just may be too cold to snow.
Either day works for me.