- → Demon Lord's Content
Demon Lord's Content
There have been 268 items by Demon Lord (Search limited from 23-October 93)
- Nerfing with the Chicago Mob again
- Defend the Core was more fun then I had ever expected
- No CTF that I played in (overplayed in my book)
- Seeing Kane's creative homemade NERF guns
- Having my Longshot's new ammo actually work...mostly
- Having my Bow n' Arrow function
- Hanging out with a bunch of awesome people
- Seeing a DtC score with a balloon sword...no joke!
- Not having back up plans for when the large group of kids wanted to play
- Having to be a douche to kids who had no respect for anyone
- Having 3 guns break on me
- TONS of bird crap
- Freezing weather
- Repairing all but one gun and having them work
- Actually getting a decent amount of sleep the night before
- Having last second mods work for me
- Seeing and enjoying the DtC setup Ryan has
- Raider RUSH! Gotta love the hail of darts!
- The worlds shortest CTF game...I'm still not over how fast that was over with
- Just having a ton of fun the whole day
Cya at CHANO 3!
- First kill dart landing in Gecko's jacket pocket
- Watching Merzlin faceplant after slipping trying to tag me, easiest barrel tap ever
- DtC, still one of my favorite team games; even the unfair one was awesome
- Berserker charging the first DtC round with a Vulcan, complete with screaming
- Getting shot in the head with my own Bow n' Arrow (by my own roommate) during previous charge and as a result slipping
- Having my Bow n' Arrow break...AGAIN. I think its tradition.
- Meeting Carbon and Julian, both great people and awesome nerfers
- Seeing the advantage of the SNAP bows..I need to build one
- Talking with both awesome cops and then jackass cop
- Seeing Gecko KICK ASS WITH A BLOW GUN
- Gecko is an awesome nerfer despite his age
- Kinda possibly ending my rivalry with Zeke, we got drafted onto the same teams several times
- Getting hit in the funny bone and having my left hand paralyzed, thus being unable to participate in the last round of DtC
The last CHANO was the bloodiest CHANO to date, this was the CHANO of odd hits.
See you at the next war!
The U3 has some nice guns. I have some nice guns. Ace has the best Vulcan I've ever seen (It actually works!). My roommate Shorts has a 4B with an extended tank to try and outrange +bows. What's the main difference? Skill. I'm no good at long range, Shorts has issues at mid-range, Ace dominates at dart storms and the U3 are just good. The guns help don't get me wrong but when you know what you are doing modding wise and spend hours on a gun the finished product will be good and awesome. Just like Short's 4B. He spent hours building that MASS system and fixing leaks and as a result he's got something that will stand up to everything on the field. I'm more than happy to run around and act as a target for someone who wants to get practice at hitting moving targets, but no one has asked yet.
Here's the deal with welts. Its the domes on the stefans. Simple physics states that the pressure forced on the dart when fired will be concentrated on the smallest point on the dart head. In the case of a dome the point is infinitely small thus causing damage more akin to a bullet than a padded round. The hot glue when dried is a similar consistency to a police non lethal round than something that shouldn't hurt as badly as they do. Slug darts and darts with no domes on the otherhand distribute all of that force on the flat diameter of the whole dart, thus hurting less if at all. That's the problem with the guns, not the gun itself but the dart.
Switching to Slug darts or flat tip darts that are felt tipped but weighted differently we'd be able to eliminate most of the injuries. As for the headshots/nutshots, they are going to happen, just like in any sport. The wind will catch the darts or someone's aim will not be true, etc. They happen. If people are worried wear cups and paintball mask.
Overall I had fun that day hope to repeat it during the winter. I just hope it continues.
EDIT: To address Falcon, I was the one using the RSCB'd Bow N' Arrow. It's broken in all three wars I've been to. I have even MORE major reinforcement to do on the handle, which snapped again on me.
To recap the highlights:
- 2 core DtC is awesomely fun
- Teamwork was at an all time high in the team rounds
- Decimating the pistol rounds
- Memorable CtF rounds, those electronic flags are cool!
- My Bow N' Arrow breaking...AGAIN
- My brand new Nitefinder working well
- Crashes and spills galore!
- Despite the perceived unfairness of the U3, still having tons of fun
I see something similar to what happened with your manta ray happening to this MaxShot..Please take pictures when it turns into a million pieces.I am cognizant of this issue, but feel reckless enough to ignore it.
Just keep in mind the MaxShot's tendency toward violent outbursts with the original spring...
Wear a paintball mask while taking a video of it firing. I want to see that thing go BOOM!
+ Carpe Testis is an awesome game type
+ Beautiful Snowman seize in the first round of Capture the Snowman
- 6 hour drive
+ Unique DtC round with the hill
+ Newell park is awesome
+ HAMPS are fun to use
- Still not my favorite to use currently
- Monolith not being used
+ Getting parts to finish the Monolith
+ Meeting a ton of cool people
+ Directing EVERYONE during team games
I can definitely say this was one of my favorite wars so far and will be attending more in the future.
+ Loads of new people
+ Ammo easy to come by on the field
+ HAMP vs HAMP = dart rain!
+ Seeing a point blank shot being caught by Cheerio in his teeth. I'd call that a block.
+/- VIP a fun but tweaking needed game type
- Not playing Defend the Core
+ Carpe Testiculum round 1 completely dominating
+ Round 2 of CT stealing a teams bucket while that same team stole another teams bucket
- Not playing territories
+ Monolith making its debut with the cry of "I need a fire team!"
+ Having a massive dart recovery
+/- Jumpins weren't so bad.
+/- Heat seeking darts, especially the one that dived bombed Ice Nine and hit him square in the back
+ Seeing Ryan drop his gun and run from a shield carrying Ambience327 more than once
Can't wait to to this again with more game types.
+ Fastest round of Guard/capture the flag EVER
+ My shoulder mounted Assault HAMP working beautifully
+ Good zombie round
+ Getting rid of my excess nerf guns and getting 4 feet of brass and a couple of guns I've wanted
+ Meeting good people, if a little slow between rounds
+ Massive dart recovery, AGAIN
- Slow between rounds
- Not using the Monolith
- Zombie rounds need rules tweaking
- Is it possible to have a good powerball round?
Overall a good war, not the best but memorable anyway. Especially nerfing in hail.
Says the guy with 3 kids and a wife.
I hope you make it - your presence would surely up the fun level a bit, and keep me from being 10 years older than anyone other than my own crew that shows up.
I'll do my best to try and be there but I must ask, fun how? Fun as in "How did he pull that shot off?!" or "Oh god he's charging us!!"?
Hush you - my kids keep me young. (And you forgot to mention "old and fat" in there somewhere!!!)
Also, I mean fun as in I enjoyed your game play whether you were on my team or my sworn enemy - because your attitude is similar to mine - win or lose we're still having more fun than anyone else in the park who isn't Nerfing!
Oh, and Josh is a very solid maybe - he just has to butter up the wife enough for her to say yes. He says if you can drag Shorts down for the war, you guys can re-form the Unholy Alliance and crush all opposition.
See, I wasn't going to go there, but you did so I will. Doesn't help I'm 2/3rd your weight and started running since Cataclysm.
I have a wild style of nerfing, a lot of people regard me as a wild card on the field and enjoy facing me for just that reason.
And we'll see about the Unholy Axis...we'll see what happens.
And my vote is as long as no micros are slingshot weighted, I don't care.
- Got instantly drenched as soon as I got out of my car
- My nightfinder had better accuracy with the stock darts we were using than just about anything else on the field
- My +bow shooting a streamline 70ish feet horizontally, then watching it curve 90 degrees up and flying another 70 ft.
- Nerfed in a flash flood zone on top of hills
- Good people
- Small war
- Only played Carpe Testiculum, but those were good rounds
- Free foam!
Next time, let's have less flooding, but over all fun.