Jakethesnake's Content

There have been 144 items by Jakethesnake (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#68449 Strongest Adhesive

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 November 2005 - 01:22 PM in Modifications

For plastic to plastic bonding, I think superglue works the best, sometimes there is an oily film on nerf gun shells, if you sand the 2 pieces that are being glued together a bit, and roughen the surface, it tends to glue very well. There is no #1 adhesive out there, each application is better in one area or another but I have the best luck with super glue.

#50132 Homemade Low-buck Titan Rocket

Posted by Jakethesnake on 20 March 2005 - 11:36 PM in Homemades

If hasbro had some balls they would've produced extra missles for sale seperately.

#52306 Real Player - Owned

Posted by Jakethesnake on 11 April 2005 - 11:35 PM in Off Topic

I have, it usually is pretty fast for me, but I've only used it sparingly.

#63298 Need 1500 Mod.

Posted by Jakethesnake on 07 September 2005 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

Very nice clean writeup man, the NIC needs more people like you, and less people like the title.

#67488 Armageddon '06.

Posted by Jakethesnake on 11 November 2005 - 07:56 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm coming for sure, just to clarify things.

#66063 Oregon Nerf War

Posted by Jakethesnake on 18 October 2005 - 11:06 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm about an hour and a half away from portland so I could make it for sure.

#51807 Grrr At My Jeans.

Posted by Jakethesnake on 06 April 2005 - 11:19 PM in Off Topic

Certain jeans just rub off a little bit of color when they're new. Try washing them a few times, like someone else said, should get rid of the problem.

#67669 Open Nerf

Posted by Jakethesnake on 15 November 2005 - 02:17 AM in Off Topic

How come the site is down? Don't tell me it committed suicide already.

#54189 Ebay: Jurassic Park Blaster

Posted by Jakethesnake on 05 May 2005 - 12:50 AM in General Nerf

Like what...

#54031 Ebay: Jurassic Park Blaster

Posted by Jakethesnake on 02 May 2005 - 05:25 PM in General Nerf

Since he said his sons bought them at universal studios, I doubt very many people have them, and you probably just ruined your chance of winning them by showing all of us that auction.

#53251 Tire Stems

Posted by Jakethesnake on 23 April 2005 - 12:41 AM in Homemades

Yeah, I work at a gas station, they do tire work, and if you ask, we usually have tons just lying around, they may even give them to you for free.

#69505 Party Poppers

Posted by Jakethesnake on 19 December 2005 - 12:00 AM in Homemades

I'm pretty sure they just disected the party popper and took the spring out of it, I had a couple of them and the springs had some pretty good power to them.

#63897 Triple Pump Tubed At2k

Posted by Jakethesnake on 19 September 2005 - 12:19 AM in Modifications

PissBacon: The resistance is moderate, there is some but really with only two pumps you don't really notice it that much because you barely have to pump and you're done.

Tucker: I used 1/2" "thin walled" pvc, I think you're thinking of the thicker stuff.

edit PissBacon, I forgot to mention, I attatched the pump tubes with super glue. I first sanded the shell of the gun then the part of the pvc that would contact the gun. By sanding it I took away the smooth oily finish that nerf guns are notorious for and the bond between the at2k and the pump tubes is extremely strong.

#66682 Wild Fire Problem

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 October 2005 - 11:57 PM in Modifications

I'm going to guess it's a faulty check valve; you MAY have to replace your pump.

~ompa

Ompa is exactly right, the check valve is broken, there's nothing to trap the air in the tank once it's primed, it just flows back out. I've never had that problem with my WF before so I'm not sure how to fix it but you can't really break it anymore, so just poke around in there and see what you come up with.

#61941 I Use Berries For Ammo.

Posted by Jakethesnake on 14 August 2005 - 07:49 PM in General Nerf

Just use like blackberries or something, they'll get all mushy and stuff but there's no arguing as to whether or not you got hit because they will leave a huge berry stain on the clothes.

#49879 New Member

Posted by Jakethesnake on 17 March 2005 - 01:18 PM in General Nerf

Thank you for that, enlightening bit of information.

#49873 New Member

Posted by Jakethesnake on 17 March 2005 - 12:43 PM in General Nerf

Hey, i'm new to this site although i've been a frequent member of nhq for quite some time, just wanting to introduce myself to you guys.

#63856 Triple Pump Tubed At2k

Posted by Jakethesnake on 18 September 2005 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

I posted this modification on nhq, but for those of you who do not browse the forums over there, here is my triple pump tubed At2k (that's the best name I could come up with, sorry). The idea here is to make three pump tubes instead of the normal single one. If all goes right, the number of pumps it takes to prime the gun should be significantly less. I used two 1/2" pieces of pvc to make the extra pump tubes. The plunger shafts are 1/2" cpvc and the makeshift plungers are o-rings surrounded by a few wraps of electrical tape. Enough said, it takes about 2 pumps to prime the air tank. Here are the pics.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Oh, and I forgot to mention, the vinyl tubing plugs in directly to the end of the original pumpshaft right before the one-way rubber valve.

#50811 Itunes

Posted by Jakethesnake on 27 March 2005 - 11:20 PM in Off Topic

No, you can't transfer music from your ipod onto another computer, you can download songs onto your ipod from any computer, but you can't transfer those to other computers.

#66845 Alternative Barrel Material

Posted by Jakethesnake on 30 October 2005 - 11:49 PM in General Nerf

Those are generally too short for any kind of "effective" blaster.

#68184 Support Our Troops

Posted by Jakethesnake on 24 November 2005 - 02:39 AM in Off Topic

Thank you veggie and to all the armed forces, it's too easy for us to forget you guys, I'm so thankfull that you guys are out there doing that, much appreciation. We take it for granted too often. Have a great thanksgiving.

#57249 Micro Mega Darts

Posted by Jakethesnake on 11 June 2005 - 12:44 PM in Modifications

but you don't have the time to get all the materials

You would still need materials for your method too. I believe these are called webby darts, correct me if I'm wrong.

#63980 Toast To Everyone's Favorite Hawaii Nerfer

Posted by Jakethesnake on 19 September 2005 - 09:10 PM in Off Topic

Let's not make him feel too old.

#51051 Big Bad Bow

Posted by Jakethesnake on 29 March 2005 - 05:39 PM in Modifications

Aye, I second that, some good advice on what to do would be appreciated, I've searched, but I just want a few pointers on the thing before I go in and tear it apart.