Philote's Content

There have been 202 items by Philote (Search limited from 02-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#165605 Good Nintendo 64 Games

Posted by Philote on 31 July 2008 - 08:20 AM in Off Topic

If I had to pick the best N64 game, It would be Super Mario 64. That game has everything. The graphics were very good for the n64, the controls were flawless, and the game play, stage variety, and over all "pwnageness" makes this game my personal favourite. The newer version for the DS 'aint half bad either. I love the glitch in Dry Dry Desert where you can fly around with no health left is awesome! :D

EDIT: On a side note, at least somebody here plays Starcraft right? I heard there actually was a Starcraft64 that was released by Blizzard, and was there only console game to date.

#165515 Good Nintendo 64 Games

Posted by Philote on 30 July 2008 - 07:11 PM in Off Topic

If you like that type of game, F-Zero. That was a GREAT Game series. I hope they come out with a remake for the wii. But, that will never happen. And yes, Ocarina of Time was a classic, and all around great game. And I like pokemon stadium, or pokemon snap.

If your looking for it, you could buy it on the shop channel, or buy SSBB and play the in game demo. I'd also like to add Lego Racer, Pod Racing, StarFox64 and, even though its not an N64 game: Super Metroid. Easily the Greatest game ever made.
EDIT: If I'm not mistaken there is one for the GC.

#165510 Good Nintendo 64 Games

Posted by Philote on 30 July 2008 - 06:41 PM in Off Topic

Banjo Kazooie. Super Mario 64. Paper Mario. Banjo Tooie. Ha, I win.

#165361 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Philote on 30 July 2008 - 10:14 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

My new sidearm, the scout has OfAll's mod and the SSPB's are stock.

#165252 Nonstandard Game Types - Ideas, Rules, Etc.

Posted by Philote on 29 July 2008 - 07:56 PM in Nerf Wars

This thread is cool :) , albeit old, but still awesome.
Bunker Defence.

Recommended Players: 4v4+

Rules: One team is deemed "The Defenders." The defenders team's goal is to prevent the Offense from either killing all the defenders or taking control of the bunker by placing a "bomb"(usually a football) inside the bunker and counting to ten. The defenders can win by killing all of the offense, or disarming the "bomb" by killing the person trying to arm it. We play one hit kills shot kills. Gun hits count. The game begins after the Offense counts to 60.

Field: In my backyard there is a fort with a door and two windows. This is used as the bunker. During the 60 seconds before the match begins, the defenders are alloted this time to fortify the bunker with any nearby materials.

Variants: Occasionally, we will change things up a bit, like un-arming the bomb carrier, giving the offense a time limit or taking the defenders primary weapons away.

SideWinder.

Recommended players: Any

Rules: One hit kills, simple Team Deathmatch. First to fifteen. Use two flags on opposite sides of the playing field. The team who begins at one flag, must respawn at the opposite flag by touching the flag and counting to fifteen.

Field: This is recommended for long narrow places with varying terrain on either side. Very Versitile.

Variants: Well, this is pretty straight forward. if you think of any, post 'em!

Storm The House.

Recommended players: BIG TEAMS

Rules: Similar to Bunker def. but on a larger, more realistic scale. One team starts in the backyard( well at my house anyway). These are the Offense. The defense has 100 seconds to ready themselves before the offense makes there move. It is best, for the sake of the game, to leave most doors unlocked. The difference is there are multiple bomb points, multiple bombs, larger teams, and the 3/15 rule. "Dead" players must exit the house, go to the "dead zone" count to fifteen, and then resume. The Offense cannot respawn. :D

Victory: The Offense wins by planting two bombs at two of the 4 indoor bomb points. The defense wins by either killing all the offense, or planting their own bomb at the outdoor bomb point, usually far from the respawn area. If an offensemen is killed with a bomb, he cannot give the bomb to any ally and must bring the bomb back to the respawn area and place it inside the zone.

Any comments, variants or flames??? Please! I want feedback!

EDIT: Mintee: OK, i get it, although I like multiple objectives, I should try playing it without them. And when I said 100 seconds, I meant the Offense counts to 100. Sorry if it sounded like something else!
EDITEDIT: Zombie outbreak looks really fun, we play something like that that we call Infection(from Halo). Were all zombies use melee weapons.

#165249 Poll: The Rapidfire 20

Posted by Philote on 29 July 2008 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

No way, It can't be a N-Strike RF20 unless it has a tactical rail.
Fuck you Hasbro!
I love how No one has voted for the Buy a Recon option.

#165038 Poll: The Rapidfire 20

Posted by Philote on 28 July 2008 - 08:55 PM in General Nerf

Well? What do you guys think? I don't think this was posted before, so here you go. I think it sucks. Thats just me. Decreasing ranges, pumping is a bitch, and the reloading is AWFUL.

#165034 What Gender Are You?

Posted by Philote on 28 July 2008 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image
I find it funny how the Prof. can't seem to remember his grandson's name either.

#164792 Give Mr Tubb A New Sig

Posted by Philote on 27 July 2008 - 12:59 PM in Off Topic

I got one!
"You put his Poland in her Holland between her Thailand with a little help from Greece."

#164664 N-strike Attachments You Would Like To See.

Posted by Philote on 26 July 2008 - 05:20 PM in General Nerf

Or you can just mount a reactor to the bottom of a longshot like some people do.

DID NO ONE READ MY 2nd POST??? Christ.

It would be nice if they made something like a SSPB that clips onto rails.

Hey, wait... I did that Too! God Damnit!

#164665 Beta Testors Needed

Posted by Philote on 26 July 2008 - 05:06 PM in Off Topic

Rofl, when saw saw that $niper was changed to loser, you tried to change it to another form, which changed it to asshole. Love it!

Mine changes to Scumbag. And shit, no Mac version >< :)
Good Luck! Make the p90 imba for me!

#164419 Beta Testors Needed

Posted by Philote on 25 July 2008 - 01:26 PM in Off Topic

Could you make a Mac version? If so , count me in.
Kinda reminds me of CounterStrike. What exactly is a Famas?
EDIT: Watch out, I'm a P90 whore.

#164377 Give Mr Tubb A New Sig

Posted by Philote on 25 July 2008 - 08:41 AM in Off Topic

Give Philote your money???
Or this one from a 60's special on the History Channel from a "sex activist".

My ultimate sexual fantasy is to be jerked of by homosexual fruitbats while giving head to horny aardvarks in a hotub full of jello in the parking lot of a Motel8.

#164375 The Dark Knight

Posted by Philote on 25 July 2008 - 08:31 AM in Off Topic

HEATH LEDGER was simply amazing. People said he wouldn't replace Jack Nicholson, well they were wrong. Batman sounded like he needed a throat lozenge. My favourite character was Alfred.

#164144 N-strike Attachments You Would Like To See.

Posted by Philote on 24 July 2008 - 03:12 PM in General Nerf

Another theoretical dream spam thread? Seriously?

I don't know that this needs to be thought of as theoretical dreams - things like a ball launcher which attaches via an N-Strike rail, with a matching calibrated quadrant sight for indirect-fire would be pretty useful, and are not at all outside the realm of possibility.

Unfortunately, I agree that this sort of thing tends to get somewhat out of hand.

i thought Lion already did that.

#164140 Places That You Wish You Could Nerf

Posted by Philote on 24 July 2008 - 02:55 PM in General Nerf

Mr. Tubb, you mean like my choice, the Battle Room from Ender's Game? I swear I just thought of that.

As far as a real place goes, An office seems like the perfect place.

Did someone say Ender's Game? Screw the battle room. Nerf on Eros, all the tunnels and hangars, that would be freakin' sweet. Having one of those huge 100v100 airsoft-ish wars in an entire city would be fun too.

#164139 N-strike Attachments You Would Like To See.

Posted by Philote on 24 July 2008 - 02:46 PM in General Nerf

A grip would be a cool concept, I would like to see universal attachment points on the top and bottom of guns, like the Recon Barrel. Bayonets would be cool also concept, although they could be a bit dangerous. I would like to see golfcart compatible mounting plates for a Vulcan-esque mini-gun.

#163911 Places That You Wish You Could Nerf

Posted by Philote on 23 July 2008 - 04:04 PM in General Nerf

Team DeathMatch in the entire country of Luxembourg. Or a sky-scraper with many floors, elevators, and cubicles.Posted Image
Or Stormwind.

#163849 Wall-e

Posted by Philote on 23 July 2008 - 10:15 AM in Off Topic

I was recently dragged to this movie by my younger sister, and be the dismal introvert that I am, complained about seeing. However, thats not what I got, but it's what the younger kids did not get. This movie was a HUGE metaphor for environmental conservation. The world is over run with trash, and none of the humans in space know this, or even remember what earth is at all, until the RECYCLING robot Wall-e shows the, rather portly, people of earth that it is. After that, the humans rush back to earth to find earth in ruins and they do everything they can to make the world a better place. Damn hippies. Oddly enough I found it entertaining enough for the Little'uns, yet it is advertised as a kids movie, but my sister, now in 6th grade, didn't even understand it.

#163839 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by Philote on 23 July 2008 - 09:38 AM in Modifications

Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne Ne NEH NEH NEH! Looks like G-Force found a Vulcan!
I disagree TAILsChaser, I don't think the Vulcan will replace the RF20, because other than the "Rapid Fire" part, I see no correlation. Here is an Antonym Diamante of my thoughts:

Vulcan
Battery Powered,Springer
Slow, Heavy, Awkward
Chain, Battery, Bladder, Turret
Dual Firing, Heavy, Awkward
Air Powered, Pump Gun
Rapid Fire20

Damn, formatting screwed up my poem...

#163592 What Makes A Good Battlefield?

Posted by Philote on 21 July 2008 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Where I Nerf (i.e. my jungle of a backyard) has a fort, which we use for a territory control game, and a TreeHouse, which we use for a SN][PER Tower. Our indoor playing field consists of 4 over-turned couches which serve as trenches. We once went to an indoor sporting complex in Hingham MA, that was REALLY fun. I agree with serpent loser, nothing is more satisfying than running into a room yelling " Drop the bloody gun! Drop it!" and clearing a room after kicking in an unopened door.

#163475 Message To The General Public - Regarding Spud Guns.

Posted by Philote on 20 July 2008 - 07:31 PM in Homemades

I'd like to sig that whole speech, but it would be to long. Honestly though, why would anyone bother going through the tedious process of joining to rat on us, when we've clearly never done anything to slander Spudd Guns. Because shooting Potatoes for science so much cooler than this.

Most of you guys are fearful, and therefore most likely uninformed, about potato guns.

By a show of hands, who besides this Asswipe, gives a rats ass aboot potato guns? You stick a potato in a barrel in pull the trigger. Fascinating!!! Do something useful with your potatoes and shove them up your ass.
END

#163462 Crossfire Ppk

Posted by Philote on 20 July 2008 - 06:33 PM in Modifications

I found one of these darts at a flea market in a wildfire I recently purchased, my crossfire gets similar ranges.

#163403 Noobs

Posted by Philote on 20 July 2008 - 12:06 PM in Off Topic

Hahaha rocket lawnchair. You watch too much arby n the chief. Yeah I have a buddy like that. He thinks the RPD is 'TEH 1337" and uses it constantly, and sucks.

The funny thing is I created a class just to piss him off. M14+NoobTube, Stopping Power, MartyDame ( I call it that because he pronounces it MartyDom, like Notre Dame). Does he use a grip or sight on his RPD?

#163388 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 20 July 2008 - 10:02 AM in General Nerf

No, that doesnt mean that... It could just be for advertising for those trying to get all the nstrike guns...

:D

#163387 Clearance At Target

Posted by Philote on 20 July 2008 - 10:00 AM in General Nerf

My Target has seem to caught on to my need for Nerf guns and practically stopped selling them all together. They don't carry LS's, Recons, NF's,MS's, Titans, and BBB's. Now I'm pissed. Everything else is 1/2 of though!

#163198 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Philote on 18 July 2008 - 09:23 AM in General Nerf

+Longshot- Angel breech, etc etc (I got my act together and modded one correctly)
+RF20- Tactical rail integration
+IM Magstrike- Clip AR's removed
+3NF's - the works.
+ Singled Titan
+ 2 stock Mavs- Meh.
+ xBow parts
+2 Recons- meh.
+Double Hornet- Write up when/if I feel like it.

#163194 Steampunk Rfr

Posted by Philote on 18 July 2008 - 08:40 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

#163191 Nerf Weapons Rack

Posted by Philote on 18 July 2008 - 08:11 AM in Homemades

Peg board is my choice.

::IMAGE::

Full work room video planned for future.

I just want you to know that I love you and want your babies.

Must. Resist. Urge. to. sig.

#163117 Nf Help

Posted by Philote on 17 July 2008 - 06:18 PM in Modifications

It sounds like you answered your own question there...
Talking to Killim, to avoid confusion.

#163109 Noobs

Posted by Philote on 17 July 2008 - 04:42 PM in Off Topic

I had a friend who was a n00b. He was *sob* addicted *sob* to the rawket lawnchair in Halo 3.
Now he plays call of duty4 and uses Juggernaut... the poor kid is helpless. I don't even want to talk about it anymore. OH POOR ORLANDO!!! WHY?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

#163096 Other Projects

Posted by Philote on 17 July 2008 - 03:09 PM in Off Topic

That's. Awesome.

Too bad it's not yours... can I see yours?

The oil tanker sounds shweet, too.

Sorry, I don't own a camera and because I can't move my computer downstairs or my set upstairs, I could only manage one of my trains. Supped up a little with custom decals.
Damn ImageShack.

#163066 Zero Punctuation

Posted by Philote on 17 July 2008 - 09:15 AM in Off Topic

Cmon! I had that as my homepage in my profile ever since I joined! :)
Bitchin new theme song.

#162977 Other Projects

Posted by Philote on 16 July 2008 - 09:15 AM in Off Topic

I have a neat little project in my basement: An HO scale train set modeled after the TV show Green Acres. Has 70+ feet of track and the tallest mountain stands 4 feet tall.
Posted Image
NOTE: this is NOT my set. just an example of something very similar to one of the sections.
I am also building a HO scale Oil tanker Edumund Fitzgerald.
My friends and I also make some pretty sick HALO 3 forge maps.

#162972 The Vulcan

Posted by Philote on 16 July 2008 - 07:58 AM in General Nerf

I like how like no one on NHQ has asked him to open it...
We need internals for the damned thing. I could care less about external shots.

If I were him, I wouldn't open it unless I had more than one...
Its a new gun, and, from my experiences, something can go wrong just from opening and closing a gun.
No reason to trash a perfectly good gun. If it's anything like the Internals of a LS complexity wise, the smallest piece that could be lost, makes all the difference.
WHY THE HELL DO WE CARE IF A STOCK WOULD INCREASE ACCURACY OR NOT IF THE VULCAN DOES NOT HAVE ONE???

#162620 The Things Some People Pay For...

Posted by Philote on 13 July 2008 - 11:32 AM in General Nerf

Why hasn't Ice posted here yet? Well? We're waiting.\
Air Restrictars... funny.
EDIT: Or the reason the lancer sold for so much was because it KICKS ASS.

#162303 Sspb Mod

Posted by Philote on 10 July 2008 - 07:38 PM in Modifications

These suckers have loads of potential! The noob Tube!!!

#162298 Most Powerful Springer

Posted by Philote on 10 July 2008 - 07:31 PM in General Nerf

If the LOTR xBow is in there, why not this?
It shoots far.

#162247 Big Question?

Posted by Philote on 10 July 2008 - 05:03 PM in Modifications

:lol:
It's a format change dude. I'm pretty sure you can change it some where.
Wait....Topicks, chang, advanse? You got discussions right but not change? Weak...
This isn't even a BIG question.
EDIT: Nice catch Thaygor.

#161763 Midsummer Caff 2008 - Recap

Posted by Philote on 06 July 2008 - 07:44 PM in Nerf Wars

no no, I was merely pointing out we won't really have to work hard to put down any resistance on our own soil. And yeah, I guess I could cop that little factor up to the "powers that be", But who are we to turn aside the favor of the nerf gods. I guess all those years of Bags sacrificing plushies on a foam altar will finally come to fruition.

Careful, this kind of talk is how civil wars get started.....
Since I live on a distant planet inside an ansible on the East coast in an Un-Nerfing wasteland known as the South Shore, I am signing my own nuetrality act...
But hey... Every team that has come to Gillette Stadium in the winter has lost to the Pats.
Put me down as a pending, We are travelling to Michigan within that time, but I was given the option not to go.