Shadowblade's Content

There have been 378 items by Shadowblade (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#170771 The Most Powerful Longshot In The World (paintball C02)

Posted by Shadowblade on 19 August 2008 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Yeah, NerfCrazy is right, any hi-power gun will destroy stock darts. That's why people usually use heavily-weighted stefans for these guns.

#184449 The Massive Tsunami Scatter Gun

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 October 2008 - 07:15 PM in Modifications

To make the spread more effective, you could shotgun load the barrels with 3 or 4 1" stefans. By doing so, you up your chances even more of hitting someone, with a slight loss in range of course. Some of us already do this with other airguns (but I found that all guns with enough volume will do this, like NFs).

If I ever get my hands on a BBBB...

#203291 The How-to Of Nerf Wars (and Some Game Ideas)

Posted by Shadowblade on 14 January 2009 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet, another southern nerfer!

I'm with rork about the paintball gun and eye protection, just for safety reasons (although shooting other things with it....). At the last SENO, we were already wary about a converted watergun let alone a converted marker. Good to see a new member with enough common sense to ban the marker and kudos on getting the nerf scene active in your area.

I'm glad to see the SouthEast becoming more and more active in nerf. I'm Shadowblade, the co-host of SENO in Augusta, GA, along with Zaxbys. I hope there will be some great Southern war where all of the SE nerfing groups will be able to come together and rain foamy death upon each other (foreshadowing?). Keep up the good work and nerf on! Oh, and welcome to the Haven. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Shadowblade

#207420 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 January 2009 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

I salute you good sir! A shout-out to you and those servicemen and women at home and abroad serving our country.

Try and make contact once in a while will ya? It's always good to hear from nerfing brethren in the armed forces every now and then.

Nerf On (when you can ;) )!

#229897 The Coupler Frag Grenade

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 May 2009 - 08:13 PM in Homemades

You could try making itty-bitty stefans, like .5". A single copper bb should give the "frags" enough weight to fly a little further.

I wouldn't be throwing that at people however. Looks like it might hurt someone if you throw it too hard, so you may have to pad it a little. I second the video request. We may have something here to work with.

EDIT: RVMVTV beat me to it. Basically what he said.

#206918 The Calender

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 January 2009 - 04:45 PM in Site Feedback

Oh wow...I never noticed it, I didn't even know it was there.

Now that you say that, it wouldn't be a bad idea (but it'd be a big undertaking).

#223941 The Actual Alabama War

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 April 2009 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm afraid I cannot make this war seeing as I will absent for 6 weeks out of the summer. A side from hosting Summer SENO and SOFA, I can't afford to make any other wars this summer, but I wish you the best with this one! Nerf on.

-Shadowblade

#147119 Taggers In 1/2in Pvc

Posted by Shadowblade on 26 March 2008 - 03:54 PM in General Nerf

One problem I have had with taggers is that they are a little too long to work effectively in my guns. I shortened them slightly (like 1/4") and they worked much better. Don't know if this applies to this case or not as I've never worked with a sm1500...

#187807 Switch Shot Ex-3

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 November 2008 - 08:32 AM in Modifications

Wait, is this the gun that can have the Wiimote in the bottom, for the nerf Wii game? (The Link did'nt work for me for some reason)

Yes Bomberman, the gun module can be taken out and replaced with the Wiimote.

#167568 Stefan Length Poll

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 August 2008 - 10:31 AM in General Nerf

I'm actually experimenting with .75" to 1" stefans right now. I'm loading 3-4 of them into my converted watergun barrel and using it as a shotgun. 2 or 3 of those short stefans also fits into my modded NF, thus converting it into a mini shotgun.

#220575 Spring Seno Recap

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 March 2009 - 08:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd like to thank everyone who made it out to Spring SENO. It was a great kickoff to the nerfing season. I hope to see all of you again for Summer SENO and SOFA!

War recap:
Pros
-Being able to nerf after three idle months of winter
-Good performances from all of my guns
-Effeminate last stand with my Longshot during the modified HvZ round
-Beautiful weather
-Almost successfully sneaking the flag during CTF
-Nerfing

Cons
-Crappy stefans. Gotta convert to CS stefans soon.
-Going to bed know I'm gonna be sore tomorrow morning (but it was definitely worth it).

I hope everyone had fun. SouthEast nerfing is going to be ballah this year. Hears to another year of nerf! Nerf on.

#209821 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 February 2009 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh yeah, I remember now. You mentioned it right before my FB chat failed. Is the ball gun round confirmed?

#209889 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 February 2009 - 09:02 AM in Nerf Wars

And, c'mon nobody's going back on the roof. I already said that.

Of course, we don't want anyone jumping off the roof like a retard :lol:

Right now, I have a better chance if it is during the last two weeks of March. Gotta look around for a ball gun. SNAPbow conversion anyone?

#210424 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 February 2009 - 10:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I cool with that Sunday, I'll have a much better chance of attending.

#209790 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 February 2009 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

:angry: holy cow! I didn't even know we were doing a spring SENO! Haha, but I'm not complaining. Thanks Zax for picking up the tab on this one, I've been very busy with school and haven't had much time for nerf.

As of right now, I am a maybe. I'll speak to the rest of my group about this. Chances are, at least two or three of LoS will be able to make this.

I'm thinking towards the end of March (21st or 28th?). I will be out of town the first weekend and SATs are the 14th (I think).

EDIT: I just read the revisions to the rules. Getting on the roof FTW!

#217276 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 March 2009 - 07:48 AM in Nerf Wars

I should make it to summer SENO (assuming there is one). I don't do anything in summer.

There will most definitely be a Summer SENO. That's our biggest regular war of the year unless we count SOFA in August, but that's a once in a blue moon event.

#220119 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 March 2009 - 07:40 AM in Nerf Wars

Also: are there plans in place to get lunch, or do we need to bring our own sustenance?

Hm, good question. We're starting off a little later (11AM) but I think we'll still order lunch out on the field. However, it wouldn't hurt to bring a small lunch for yourself in the event that we don't eat until later. I'll speak to Zax about this.

Shadowblade's Current Stefan Count: ~100

EDIT: Zax and I decided that lunch will be a free for all this time around. Bring your own chow unless you want to leave the field to go get some fast-food (which will waste some time).

#215954 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 02 March 2009 - 05:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a definite +1 (my little bro) for the 29th, unless life throws one of those curveballs at me like the last local war. I'm going to try and get response from the rest of {LoS} tonight.

@Zax: if you're not gonna be out there until 1-2, I can get the ball rolling at 10. Just join in as soon as you get there.

#220261 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 March 2009 - 09:55 AM in Nerf Wars

Alright people, 24 hours from now, we will be pelting each other with little foam darts for the glory of nerf. But. Before we go about doing so, I need to put out some reminders.

Reminders:
-Eye protection. Bring it. Or else. We are very lenient about guns, so there will be some pretty strong stuff on the field.
-We will start at 11 AM. We will play until 6-7ish, depending on how we feel in the afternoon.
-Lunch will be a free-for-all. Pack a lunch. We don't plan on ordering anything this time around.
-Bring enough fluids to keep you going. We'll be playing 6+ hours.
-Bring all necessary weapons and ammo (legal primaries, sidearm, ballgun (if you have one))
-Banned weapons include: Singled Titans, Plugged Singled BBBBs/LBBs, BBgun thing
-All other questionable weapons will be checked, so bring a backup if you're not sure.
-Public facilities may or may not be opened at Garrett tomorrow, so be prepared to use a bush.
-Park in the parking lot next to the playground. Our staging area is there.
-Nerf and have fun. This is not optional. :ph34r:

If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to PM me.

Weather prediction for March 29, 2009:
High: 68
Low: 44
Mostly Sunny

Shadowblade's Current Stefan Count: 193

I will see you gentlemen on the field tomorrow! VIVA LA SENO!

#219142 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 21 March 2009 - 06:12 PM in Nerf Wars

As by SENO tradition, I will kick off the random war-thread spamming! Oh, Zaxbys, if you're reading this, please update the first post. Gabe (ShadowFire) is coming along with one guest.

Predicted weather for March 29, 2009:
High: 70
Low: 50
Showers, 40% Chance :P

Shadowblade's Current Stefan Count: 26

#219328 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 22 March 2009 - 08:50 PM in Nerf Wars

11 it is. If we play until we die, I'd advise that everyone bring night-war gear :lol:

Zax, you kick it off and I'll join you asap.

#219139 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 21 March 2009 - 05:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright lady and germs, we are one week away from Spring SENO. Time to start the procrastinating!

Reminders:
-I will be on the field to kick off the war at 10AM. It's cool if some of you can't make it out until later. Jesus first, nerf second.
-Bring eye protection. Enough said on that.
-Bring enough fluids to keep you going (the weather around here has been a little funky lately).
-Bring a little money just in case we order pizza.
-Bring your guns and ammo. I think we're having a ballgun round, so bring one if you have one. Also bring a sidearm (pistol).

Park in the parking lot right next to the playground. That's where our staging area is. Public facilities may or may not be available, so take that into account. If you have any questions/concerns, feel free to PM either myself or Zaxbys. Nerf on.

#219319 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 22 March 2009 - 07:38 PM in Nerf Wars

Guys, I have a slight problem on my part. I won't be able to make it out to the field until 1PMish. Can we push the start time back until 1PM? We could play 1 til 6-7 if this is what you guys want. Lunch would be a free-for-all. What do you guys think?

@Myster.E: I'll do what I can. Not sure how good my assets are right now.

#219898 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 26 March 2009 - 07:52 AM in Nerf Wars

1. We DO allow more high powered guns so bring it on. Just nothing that will draw blood which excludes Titans and whatever the heck that BB gun thing was that made me bleed onto my nerfing shirt

My sources tell me that the notorious BB noobcannon has been retired. Not sure if this is true or not, but it will be banned nonetheless.

2. No camping... it slows the game down and doesn't make for much of a fun round.

Enough said. Campers will be personally targeted by sharpshooters.

3. No noobery... plain and simple there (NO ROOF)

Haha, too bad MysterE probably isn't going to make this war. Again, campers will be shot off the roof.

4. Have fun (Not an option)

'nuff said.

I'll put up another reminder post on Saturday.

Shadowblade Weather Report:
After looking at the satellite images, I think Mother Nature has spared Sunday for us. As Zax said, we're looking at some great weather for nerf. There is still a slight chance of showers, but that won't stop us nerfers.

Weather Prediction for March 29, 2009:
High: 69
Low: 46
Partly Cloudy, 20% Chance of Showers

Shadowblade's Current Stefan Count: ~50

#220578 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 March 2009 - 08:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Recap thread's up. Good war guys. Nerf on.

Spring SENO Recap Thread

#219546 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 23 March 2009 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Another Shadowblade Weather Report brought to you by SpammersUnited :D

Projected weather for March 29, 2009:
High:72
Low: 48
Few Showers, 30% Chance

Looks like the playing field may be a little damp guys, so we'll have to play it by ear.

Shadowblade's Current Stefan Count: still 26

#223203 South-east Tune-up War Recap Thread

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 April 2009 - 11:26 AM in Nerf Wars

Glad to see that you guys had lots of fun! Hope to see some of you at the upcoming wars.

I'll get the ball rolling on Summer SENO (Zax has something up his sleeve I think) in June. The SOFA planning thread will be up asap as well. Long live SouthEast Nerf! Nerf on.

#215000 South-east Nerf Contingent

Posted by Shadowblade on 25 February 2009 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks a bunch Aside for organizing this!

#229483 South Seno; Canceled!

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 May 2009 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Bad news guys :(

I'm going to be in Tennessee for the entire week for some conference so I can't make it down to Savannah in time for this war. I can't believe I'm missing another Savannah war. I won't be around for Summer SENO so I guess I will see yall at SOFA. Nerf on (without me...).

#223867 South Seno; Canceled!

Posted by Shadowblade on 15 April 2009 - 08:44 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe right now. Not sure about the rest of LoS, but I'm sure they're maybes as well.

#224135 South Seno; Canceled!

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 April 2009 - 12:04 PM in Nerf Wars

If you camp...we will find you.

ASoN, that is the most terrifying picture I have EVER seen in my life...*shivers*

#219544 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 23 March 2009 - 09:25 PM in Nerf Wars

Haha, I love how my stefan count/spam caught on in this thread as well. Lazy southerners for the win!

Good luck with the war! I hope to better see some of yall at Summer SENO (and SOFA for that matter)!

#215328 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 February 2009 - 08:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Shadowblade's brother is better than both of you...bottom line

:o I'm not sure about better...luckier yes. After all, he did get Zax with a stock Tek6...that's hilarious, I still laugh about that.

#222529 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 April 2009 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

If it rains?

I'll play in the rain.
Will you?

It'll be like the Effeminate rainstorm at the end of Summer SENO '08. Groove, Zax, MysterE, and I still have a gunslinger round to finish...

Man, I've never seen so much pre-war spam in my life...*sniff* I'm so proud of yall! :) Nerf on.

#204954 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 January 2009 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Nerf>Golf.

Agreed, but I don't have enough power to change the dates for the Masters ;) . We shall see.

Side note: I recently passed by Clinton on my way home from the land of rork (NC). Pretty nice place, maybe I can make PCNO *crosses fingers*

#204939 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 January 2009 - 09:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe as of now. I'm not sure of my plans for that week yet.

I think our spring breaks are different because the Augusta area's break coincides with the Masters. Myster E already mentioned a possible carpool, so I'll speak to him about it. It's good to see yet another SE war happening ;) .

#215112 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 26 February 2009 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

FFA for sure.

:ph34r: that's because Zax always pwns in FFA, and now that he has The Guru.....

#210427 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 February 2009 - 10:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Aside, looks like I'm a no-go for this war :)

I just got word that family from Michigan is coming down to spend that week with us, so I won't be leaving town at all...but do not fret, I'll take that opportunity to teach the kids the finer points of nerf hahaha.

#245753 South East Nerf Wars?

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 August 2009 - 07:01 AM in Nerf Wars

is there any nerf wars in georgia or south tenn

As NerfRogue83 has posted, we just finished Season of Foam - Augusta this week and there is a war about to happen in Florida. Georgia plays host to the bi/tri-annual SouthEast Nerf Out which is held either in Augusta or Savannah. If you are interested, keep checking the Nerf War Schedule for updates and new wars.

EDIT: And this is the SEARCH function Talio kindly alluded to. Use it. It helps a lot. Talio was surprisingly nice.

#244774 Sofa-cool Down...

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 July 2009 - 08:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Aw poo :( ......I can't make this because school starts up the Friday before (which is retarded....).

Hope the war goes well!