Shadowblade's Content

There have been 378 items by Shadowblade (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#215954 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 02 March 2009 - 05:20 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm a definite +1 (my little bro) for the 29th, unless life throws one of those curveballs at me like the last local war. I'm going to try and get response from the rest of {LoS} tonight.

@Zax: if you're not gonna be out there until 1-2, I can get the ball rolling at 10. Just join in as soon as you get there.

#215329 Homemade 2k Tank

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 February 2009 - 08:50 AM in Homemades

This would be completely legit for SENO. Our rules down in the southeast tend to be very forgiving (converted watergun anyone?).

Good work!

#215328 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 February 2009 - 08:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Shadowblade's brother is better than both of you...bottom line

:o I'm not sure about better...luckier yes. After all, he did get Zax with a stock Tek6...that's hilarious, I still laugh about that.

#215112 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 26 February 2009 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

FFA for sure.

:ph34r: that's because Zax always pwns in FFA, and now that he has The Guru.....

#215000 South-east Nerf Contingent

Posted by Shadowblade on 25 February 2009 - 08:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks a bunch Aside for organizing this!

#214406 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Shadowblade on 23 February 2009 - 08:53 AM in Nerf Wars

We've been doing this for about five weeks, and have already inspired a 2nd group (lead by Zaxbys) to follow in out path.

Some how, I completely missed this thread during my check. ZAXBYS? As in our Augusta Zaxbys??? SWEET!!! This'll be Effeminate...

Zax, if you read this, we need to talk. :D Is this the summer SENO idea you had in mind???? You sneaky little bastard you.

#213450 Endeavors In Lunacy Or

Posted by Shadowblade on 19 February 2009 - 08:44 AM in Homemades

Veg, we're gonna start incorporating a ball gun round or two into future SENOs. Perfect time to bring out a cannon for demo.

Thanks Draconis for this, I've been needing some ball gun info for a project of mine. Good work.

#212804 "nerf Dart Tag World Championship"?

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 February 2009 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

It sounds like a point-blank range paintball match haha. A stock war sounds pretty fun actually. Close-quarters gunfight anyone?

#210648 My Snap Bow =)

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 February 2009 - 09:38 PM in Homemades

I don't believe you on the ranges.

I do, seeing as I have one that will consistently hit 100-120+, even more if I'm firing a good stefan. 140 sounds like a stretch, but it is possible.

#210427 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 February 2009 - 10:20 AM in Nerf Wars

Aside, looks like I'm a no-go for this war :)

I just got word that family from Michigan is coming down to spend that week with us, so I won't be leaving town at all...but do not fret, I'll take that opportunity to teach the kids the finer points of nerf hahaha.

#210424 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 February 2009 - 10:13 AM in Nerf Wars

I cool with that Sunday, I'll have a much better chance of attending.

#210423 An Excellent Bullet Carrier For Any Large Gun

Posted by Shadowblade on 08 February 2009 - 10:10 AM in Modifications

Ugh, why do all my posts end up being criticized....why can't it be CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Or useful comments.

Because nerf darts are not bullets.

#209889 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 February 2009 - 09:02 AM in Nerf Wars

And, c'mon nobody's going back on the roof. I already said that.

Of course, we don't want anyone jumping off the roof like a retard :lol:

Right now, I have a better chance if it is during the last two weeks of March. Gotta look around for a ball gun. SNAPbow conversion anyone?

#209821 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 February 2009 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh yeah, I remember now. You mentioned it right before my FB chat failed. Is the ball gun round confirmed?

#209790 Spring Seno

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 February 2009 - 08:35 PM in Nerf Wars

:angry: holy cow! I didn't even know we were doing a spring SENO! Haha, but I'm not complaining. Thanks Zax for picking up the tab on this one, I've been very busy with school and haven't had much time for nerf.

As of right now, I am a maybe. I'll speak to the rest of my group about this. Chances are, at least two or three of LoS will be able to make this.

I'm thinking towards the end of March (21st or 28th?). I will be out of town the first weekend and SATs are the 14th (I think).

EDIT: I just read the revisions to the rules. Getting on the roof FTW!

#209516 The Snapbow Mk. 4

Posted by Shadowblade on 04 February 2009 - 05:31 PM in Homemades

*drools*

Can't wait to see this revision at SENO!

#209292 Nerf War

Posted by Shadowblade on 03 February 2009 - 06:40 PM in Nerf Wars

I couldn't help but notice: one hit kills?!

Those are really quick and/or boring rounds (especially, if people insist on camping...). I'd do 3/15 because it is usually the standard rule for most NIC-hosted wars. Just my opinion, it's your war, your call.

#208047 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 January 2009 - 10:36 PM in Nerf Wars

WOOT WOOT! Augusta's on the map! I'll spread the word to the rest of the contingent down here :P . Glad you could make it down here to the SE. I look forward to the war. Nerf on!

#207925 Persuasive War Nerf

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 January 2009 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

1. In a war, if you're five feet away from an opponent, barrel tap him or call a mercy kill. If you insist on shooting, do so with a side-arm. A little common sense goes a long way.

2. A little welt isn't gonna kill you. You'll have plenty after a nice long day of nerfing. That's why it's fun and you have something you can show those people who think nerfing is stupid.

3. What Foam said, if I had the resources and time to make it to the west coast for 'Geddon, I'd do it. Totally worth the consequences.

4. HOWEVER, the best bet is to negotiate with your mother. Nerf is a very mild sport compared to other projectile-shooting sports. If you don't make 'Geddon this year, oh well, it's not going anywhere. Besides, you can always get a local war running :lol:

#207870 Vulcan 50 Dart Belt Ammo Box

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 January 2009 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

Even if you were to apologize right now in front of the whole NIC, I would see to it personally that you get shot down real fast.

By blatantly disregarding the rules we here at NerfHaven diligently uphold as written in the Code of Conduct, you have shown that you are not worthy of being one of our brethren. Please take your attitude and act to NHQ or elsewhere, they are not needed here. I hope you've enjoyed your short stay.

Everyone please stop posting/flaming. This problem will be dealt with shortly.
Admins have been notified.

#207825 May I Please Have Your Attention

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 January 2009 - 08:22 AM in Off Topic

Oh great another memeber lost his memory. The first time this happened was with that boom31 guy.

Ryan's a good guy. Life sucks sometimes, but we're glad to have you back.

#207728 Quick Question

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 January 2009 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

Despite its other shortcomings, the Maverick has a pretty good RoF. It all depends on the user and how fast he/she is able to prime the blaster.

the ROF will not change (in my opinion) but the reload time will be faster.

I agree with k9.

#207616 Artillery Cannon Name

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 January 2009 - 04:23 PM in General Nerf

Nerf artillery cannon??? As in modified spudgun? I'm hoping this won't be pointed at anyone...

How about you name it something a little more simple?

#207420 The End Of The Cold War

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 January 2009 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

I salute you good sir! A shout-out to you and those servicemen and women at home and abroad serving our country.

Try and make contact once in a while will ya? It's always good to hear from nerfing brethren in the armed forces every now and then.

Nerf On (when you can ;) )!

#207408 Pc Virus Problem

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 January 2009 - 08:58 PM in Off Topic

I've had AVG 8.0 Free Edition for a while and updated it consistently, but apparently that program sucks. I ran SpyBot S&D and managed to find a good amount of malware. However, my desktop is still screwy. At this point, I'm fairly sure it is an infection, but I'm not ruling out a HD malfunction.

I am unable to get Windows Explorer to open (actually, it opens for a second then closes). I'll run some commands from the prompt next if MalwareBytes doesn't help.

UPDATE: I think I figured out and fixed the problem. Thanks everyone who helped me out!

#207209 Pc Virus Problem

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 January 2009 - 12:57 PM in Off Topic

Last night, as I was working diligently on my essays for class, my desktop PC froze. Whoopdeedoo, so I restarted it and it got all the way to loading the wallpaper and stopped...I shut down and tried again a few minutes later but it would not get any further than loading the wallpaper. However, the task manager does pop up when I hit CTRL ALT DEL. There are no tasks shown and the processes look normal. What the mess is going on???

I have narrowed it down to two possibilities:
- my hard drive crashed (which I doubt...)
- a virus (probably a trojan) attacked

Does anyone have any experience dealing with such a problem? I plan on running it on safe mode when I get home to check it out and running an anti-malware (suggestions?).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

#206918 The Calender

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 January 2009 - 04:45 PM in Site Feedback

Oh wow...I never noticed it, I didn't even know it was there.

Now that you say that, it wouldn't be a bad idea (but it'd be a big undertaking).

#205227 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by Shadowblade on 21 January 2009 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

I use a gun that shoots little foam projectiles...it seems like every week, another one of these threads pops up...

I'll play along. I typically use my converted watergun for sharpshooting purposes. However, now that I have my new SNAPbow and LBB, I use those for general purposes. For my sidearm, I have my trusty NF.

#204954 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 January 2009 - 03:06 PM in Nerf Wars

Nerf>Golf.

Agreed, but I don't have enough power to change the dates for the Masters ;) . We shall see.

Side note: I recently passed by Clinton on my way home from the land of rork (NC). Pretty nice place, maybe I can make PCNO *crosses fingers*

#204939 South East Tune-up War

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 January 2009 - 09:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe as of now. I'm not sure of my plans for that week yet.

I think our spring breaks are different because the Augusta area's break coincides with the Masters. Myster E already mentioned a possible carpool, so I'll speak to him about it. It's good to see yet another SE war happening ;) .

#203958 I Need Help With My Laptop

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 09:53 PM in Off Topic

I'm assuming that the defaults don't help any...hm, did you try all of the tabs? maybe pointer options?

#203938 I Need Help With My Laptop

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 08:55 PM in Off Topic

That's strange. I'd assume the mouse properties were the same...I'll take a look at the pics when you have them.

#203936 I Need Help With My Laptop

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 08:50 PM in Off Topic

Oh, okay. I'll wait for the pics.

What model Dell are you using and what OS?

#203928 I Need Help With My Laptop

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 08:41 PM in Off Topic

Go to your control panel and go to "Mouse". Under the "Buttons" tab in the mouse properties window, there is a little checkbox labeled Turn Click Lock On. Make sure that is disabled.

Hope that helps :o

#203924 Fbr By The 100'

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 08:37 PM in General Nerf

Plus, dosen't foam always look....
FOAMY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :o

I think Kid was referring to the foam's density. Not all foam is created equal and some are more dense (good thing) than others.

If you get enough people who want this foam, you could just order for a group and make it worthwhile.

#203861 Your Nerf Gun Ranges

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Everyone, please step away from your computer for 5 minutes and chill. Let this thread die now.

Admins have been notified.

#203857 Your Nerf Gun Ranges

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

Okay, arguing over the internet is pointless...

#203544 Nerf Recon M4

Posted by Shadowblade on 15 January 2009 - 12:47 PM in Modifications

Along with a cool paintjob, you could also do the superclip mod. It'll give you a more practical longer clip and make the gun look more like an M4 at the same time...I think the recon looks more like an HK G3 though...

http://en.wikipedia....ckler_&_Koch_G3

#203291 The How-to Of Nerf Wars (and Some Game Ideas)

Posted by Shadowblade on 14 January 2009 - 01:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Sweet, another southern nerfer!

I'm with rork about the paintball gun and eye protection, just for safety reasons (although shooting other things with it....). At the last SENO, we were already wary about a converted watergun let alone a converted marker. Good to see a new member with enough common sense to ban the marker and kudos on getting the nerf scene active in your area.

I'm glad to see the SouthEast becoming more and more active in nerf. I'm Shadowblade, the co-host of SENO in Augusta, GA, along with Zaxbys. I hope there will be some great Southern war where all of the SE nerfing groups will be able to come together and rain foamy death upon each other (foreshadowing?). Keep up the good work and nerf on! Oh, and welcome to the Haven. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Shadowblade

#202043 Battle Of The Rednecks

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 January 2009 - 08:23 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm a maybe as well as the rest of my clan. The more details you have, the better our chances. Good to hear that some other SE wars are popping up.