Caruso's Content

There have been 61 items by Caruso (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#354645 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 28 June 2016 - 05:27 PM in Nerf Wars

July:

23th [RI] Rhode Island Summer Nerf league 2016

#355313 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 01 August 2016 - 04:28 PM in Nerf Wars

August

[url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/topic/27136-rhode-island-august-war/] 13th [RI] Rhode Island Nerf War[/url]

#355920 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 21 September 2016 - 05:57 PM in Nerf Wars

September: [url=http://nerfhaven.com/forums/topic/27201-massachusetts-nerf-war-trial-run/] 24th [MA] Massachusetts Nerf War- Trial Run[/url]

#353870 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 31 May 2016 - 06:07 AM in Nerf Wars

June:

18th [RI] Rhode Island Summer Nerf league 2016

#353155 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 30 April 2016 - 07:52 AM in Nerf Wars

May:

28th [RI] Rhode Island Summer Nerf league 2016

#352117 2016 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 10 March 2016 - 06:15 PM in Nerf Wars

April:

16th [RI] Rhode Island Summer Nerf league 2016

#360918 2017 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 06 July 2017 - 07:14 AM in Nerf Wars

June:

15th[MA] Rhode Island May Nerf War

#361578 2017 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 13 September 2017 - 06:29 AM in Nerf Wars

September:

23th[RI] Rhode Island September Nerf War

#361117 2017 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 29 July 2017 - 10:28 AM in Nerf Wars

August:

19th[RI] Rhode Island August Nerf War

#360028 2017 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 20 May 2017 - 02:10 PM in Nerf Wars

May:

27th[MA] Rhode Island Summer Nerf league May War

#358589 2017 Nerf War Schedule

Posted by Caruso on 16 March 2017 - 07:03 PM in Nerf Wars

April:

2nd[MA] 4v4 Tournament

#358588 4v4 Tournament in Swansea, MA

Posted by Caruso on 16 March 2017 - 06:59 PM in Nerf Wars

On April 1-2 Mastermind Adventures in Swansea, MA is hosting a gaming con that will have a 4v4 Nerf tournament on that Sunday. It will be Sambo style (no homemades) with any third party darts (maybe except FVJ types) and open to teens and adults. Kids as young as ten may compete as long as talk to Mastermind adventures first. The game type is going to be King of the hill. Each match will consist of three games with the winning team moving on in single elimination 8 team bracket.

I know the this is short notice and not to much detail, but just want to post this in case anyone nearby by is interest.

For more information,

https://southcoastgamefest.com/

https://www.meetup.c...ents/237932430/

Or just ask on here.

#360291 After market flywheel cages for Rayvens

Posted by Caruso on 02 June 2017 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

Does anyone else beside coatduck and Dr. Snikkas makes sell after market flywheel cages for the rayven?

#358352 Ammo Counters Problem

Posted by Caruso on 03 March 2017 - 03:10 PM in Modifications

Is your board isolated from the motors electrically? That is, your ammo counting board has no electrical connections to the motor circuits?

Also, what blaster is this? Rapidstrike, hyperfire, or a stryfe variant (stryfe, raven, demolisher, or other mechanical pusher blaster)?

How are you counting shots, btw?

The wires for both the motor and counter run next to each other down the my strayven. And the shots are counter by IR sensors attach to the brass  barrel of the flywheel cage.

#358346 Ammo Counters Problem

Posted by Caruso on 03 March 2017 - 01:40 PM in Modifications

I have been having an issue with installing an internal ammo counter that I have tried with counters form two different makers. The issue is that when the flywheel motors rev up, the counter resets. I actually have burnt out two arduinos. The blaster has a Dr Snikkas metal flywheel cage, MTB 130 rhinos, and is power by 3 IMRs for 11.1 volts. And the counter is power by 4 standard AA and have pretty thin wires,

If anyone know how to fix it or even just an idea, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

#358357 Ammo Counters Problem

Posted by Caruso on 03 March 2017 - 05:33 PM in Modifications

How insulated are your motor wires? Proper silicone or teflon insulated 18 or 16awg?

Also, is there any electrical wiring in common between the board and your motors?

I believe the motor wires are 18 gauge I bought it from radio shack a long time ago.

There is no common wiring, each is on it's own system.

#358393 Ammo Counters Problem

Posted by Caruso on 05 March 2017 - 01:02 PM in Modifications

Then I'm puzzled how activating your motors is burning out your board. I doubt there's enough inductive current able to be transmitted from the motors to the board's circuits to do it. Not with proper insulation on the 18awg.

Does the board fry when there's a dart passing through the IR beam or when the motors spin up regardless of if there's a dart breaking the beam or not?

The burning out the board was probably my fault, But that haven't be main issue. The main issue is that when I rev the motors it resets the counter. I am in the process of changing out the wiring to 18 gauge with insulation of 0.82 instant of 0.42. 

The insulation shouldn't make any difference in this case.  The only real reason that silicone insulation is preferred is the flexibility provided.  I doubt that there is enough voltage being generated by the field to break through the insulation and the air gap.  However, I would not be surprised if the EMI from the current driving the motors were high enough to induce enough current to zap the data lines.

Is there any way to protect from that?

#358586 Ammo Counters Problem

Posted by Caruso on 16 March 2017 - 06:21 PM in Modifications

I am getting a new counter with an EMI decoupler in tomorrow. I will post how it goes and if it doesn't work, I will get pictures.

#357466 Friday Jan 13- Indoor War In Swansea MA

Posted by Caruso on 05 January 2017 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

When

- Friday Jan 13,2017

- 8 pm to 10 pm

Where

- Mastermind adventures (https://www.mastermindadventures.com/)

262 Swansea Mall Drive #639
(2 Doors Down from Old Navy, next to Regis Salon)
Swansea, MA 02777

Cost

-TBD but ranging from $10 - $20 per person

Ages

- Teenagers and adults.

Blasters

- Stock blasters are welcome

- Modded blasters are permitted and encouraged
- No homemades

- Melee weapons are permitted as long as they are deem safe by the organizer

Darts

- stock or knockoff darts only 
- full length, straw mod is ok but no other dart mods

Rules
- Don't be a jerk.
- Respect other players and their equipment.
- Eye protection is REQUIRED.
- Bring water. Do not rely on someone else to bring it for you.
- YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. 

- You are responsible for your own darts and magazines. I recommend marking the tips of your darts with your initials as well as marking your blasters and accessories. 

Game types
- Team Slayer

- Capture the Flag (with a pair big flags)

- King of the Hill (with 3 time cubes)

- Free for all games (make allies at your own risk)

- Pistol Rounds

- One in the chamber

- Twilight (Multi team game like zombies where there are a lot of team switching)

- other assorted types

Questions

-Post them here

-Post them on Meetup (https://www.meetup.c...thread/50478461)

-Email Mastermind adventures owner. Krysten@MastermindAdventures.com­

#351316 How far are you willing to go?

Posted by Caruso on 03 February 2016 - 07:32 AM in Off Topic

For me driving alone, any super stock war within 2 hours (each way) of me I will go to. And possibly up 3 hours and up under the right situation. I would be willing to spend extra money for a hotel for multi days/events or better yet a scenario war.

#357831 Indoor Arena Style Nerf Wars every Friday night in Swansea MA

Posted by Caruso on 04 February 2017 - 09:17 PM in Nerf Wars

2 questions:

What kind of darts do you allow.

Is there an age limit if I wanted to bring some other people with me.

Any nerf or third party knockoff darts except FVJs.

It is a teen and adult war, there hasn't bee any exact age set but I think as young as 12 and 13 is fine. You can contact Mastermind Adventures directly at Krysten@MastermindAdventures.com or Excellentastic here for a better answer.

#355929 Massachusetts Nerf War- Trial Run

Posted by Caruso on 22 September 2016 - 06:08 AM in Nerf Wars

If you had posted this a week earlier, I would be in, with 4 others. Conflicts have arisen, but I'll be on the lookout in the future.

I post it weeks ago but days later the site went down. But I will see how it goes.

#355917 Massachusetts Nerf War- Trial Run

Posted by Caruso on 21 September 2016 - 05:44 PM in Nerf Wars

Massachusetts Nerf War- Trial Run

I decide to try trial run war in Mass to see if enough people will come to make it viable for a ongoing war event. So if you want wars in Mass this is your chance to step up.

To RSVP please post on here. Other option is facebook .https://www.facebook...38767109659473/

When

- Saturday September 24, 2016

-Try to arrive 11:30ish as we will starts at 12pm and end around 5pm

Where

- Island Grove Park, Abington MA.

Park on 224 Park Ave. Then walk on the path with the water to your right to the meeting spot (42.112842, -70.939430)

Ages

- This is an all ages game so bring the appropriate attitude. If no younger players show up, let loose, but if they do; show the appropriate level of respect

Blasters

- No homemades

The organizer have the right to spot ban any blaster he deems to be unsafe like single Titan and ect.

Darts

- Please mark your darts

Rules
- Don't be a jerk.
- Bring food or a snack. We will not be stopping for lunch. But feel free to sit out and eat if you wish. We may meet up at a restaurant afterwards for dinner 
- YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT AND DARTs. And please mark your darts.
- You are responsible for your own darts and magazines. I recommend marking the tips of your darts with your initials as well as marking your blasters and accessories. 

-DO NOT POINT BLASTERS OR SHOOT AT NON-PLAYERS OR ANIMALS

Game types
-Flux

-Team Slayer

- Pistol Rounds

- One in the chamber

- Twilight (Multi team game like zombies where there are a lot of team switching)

- other assorted types

If there is any questions feel free to post them or, message me.

#355919 Nerfers In Massachusetts?

Posted by Caruso on 21 September 2016 - 05:46 PM in Nerf Wars

Nerf war this Saturday September 24 in Abington MA. 

http://nerfhaven.com...-war-trial-run/

#352565 Nerfers In Massachusetts?

Posted by Caruso on 02 April 2016 - 08:31 AM in Nerf Wars

Just to remind everyone the Rhode Island nerf war for April 16 is two weeks away. And we are up to 14 people attending.

#352675 Nerfers In Massachusetts?

Posted by Caruso on 09 April 2016 - 10:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Any interest in organizing a Mass Nerf War? 

With this thread, it seems there is interest. Someone need to step up, find a location and run a war.

#351254 Nerfers In Massachusetts?

Posted by Caruso on 30 January 2016 - 08:37 AM in Nerf Wars

I am 13 years old, and I am very into nerf and modding. I personally prefer my modded Orange Mod Works stage 1 longshot as a primary, and secondaries vary. I love to mod but don't make homemades. I'd possibly be interested in meeting up for a SAMBO style war. I am also within a half hour of Boston; please contact me at pookman40@gmail.com if you're hosting anything. I've never really been to an actual war; just sitting at home shooting a wall all day. I'd be glad to finally get out there.

Just keep an eye on the war section, if a war is going to happen in Massachusetts it will be posted there. There is a super stock/sambo war in Rhode Island that will be starting back up in the spring for it's second year. I will make sure it will be posted on NH. 

It would be great there were other super stock wars in the area as long as they are not on the same day. So just keep it in mind.

#349382 Nerfers In Massachusetts?

Posted by Caruso on 31 October 2015 - 07:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I am on the south shore.

There is a Rhode Island nerfing group that have wars, but it is most likely be done for the year.

#355529 Nerfers In Massachusetts?

Posted by Caruso on 14 August 2016 - 02:40 PM in Nerf Wars

The best to reach the organizer of RI summer nerf league to message him on meetup or facebook group. A search will find the group.

The first step I would suggest is to go to an other war first to see how it is run. 

#352807 Nerfers In Massachusetts?

Posted by Caruso on 14 April 2016 - 04:23 PM in Nerf Wars

http://www.meetup.co...ue/?scroll=true

Registering is better so we know you are coming and incase of any last changes or updates.

#351888 Rhode Island April Nerf War

Posted by Caruso on 29 February 2016 - 09:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Rhode Island Summer Nerf league will be starting back up in April.

To RSVP and for more info go to the Meetup group http://www.meetup.co...ents/228785835/

When

- Saturday April 16, 2016

- Starts at 12pm and end around 5pm

Where

- 220 Lincoln Ave, Barrington , RI

- Meeting up at the parking lot behind Barrington high school. From the lot it is a short walk to the site.

Ages

- This is an all ages game so bring the appropriate attitude. If no younger players show up, let loose, but if they do; show the appropriate level of respect

Blasters

- No homemades

Darts

- No modified darts.

Rules
- Don't be a jerk.
- Bring food for lunch or be prepared to order some from local delivery.
- YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. There will be no loner blasters. No more exceptions. A had a $40 blaster get broken last year and it will not happen again.

Game types
- Team Slayer

- Capture the Flag

- King of the Hill

- other assorted types

#352221 Rhode Island April Nerf War

Posted by Caruso on 15 March 2016 - 05:01 PM in Nerf Wars

What is the perspective on the Rivals product?  And modded Rivals product?

Rivals either stock or modded are welcome, just keep the ammo unmodded. As Excellentastic said there have been no mod restrictions as of yet.

#352676 Rhode Island April Nerf War

Posted by Caruso on 09 April 2016 - 10:27 AM in Nerf Wars

Remember the war is next Saturday.

#361116 Rhode Island August Nerf War

Posted by Caruso on 29 July 2017 - 10:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Rhode Island Summer Nerf league August War

To RSVP and for more info go to the Meetup group https://www.meetup.c...ents/241813666/

- Saturday August 19, 2017

- Starts at 12pm and end around 5pm

Where

- 297 New Meadow Road, Barrington, RI. Park in the side lot, we play behind the building.

Ages

Blasters

- No homemades

Darts

- full length, straw mod is ok but no other dart mods

Rules

1. Don't be a jerk (This is the most important rule)
2. Don't be a jerk (Seriously, poor sportsmanship will get you asked to leave)
As a side note, I have never asked anyone to leave, we have a very good group of players.
3. Provide your own equipment, there may be loaner blasters available for first timers or guests, but in general, you are responsible for providing your own equipment. This includes blasters, darts, magazines, and other various equipment. I recommend marking your darts with your initials as well as marking your blasters and accessories.
4. Bring water.
5. BRING WATER, I don't care if it's 40 degrees out, you will be running around, you will be exercising, you will get tired and you will need to stay hydrated.
6. Bring something for lunch or some snacks if you want to eat in between rounds.
7. Melee weapons may be approved for use based on game type, number of players, and the nature of the melee weapon itself. Don't count on getting to use melee if you bring it, I will let you know once I see it and have games planned out.
8. Home made blasters/darts and modified darts are not allowed. We play Superstock games. Modified blasters are fine as long as they are within roughly 130 FPS. This rule is strictly enforced. No home mades. We have a lot of younger players with access to nothing but stock load outs and they want to have fun too.
9. FOR PARENTS: We are not responsible for your children. We are not a summer camp or official organization, just a group of Nerf enthusiasts who invite anyone else to enjoy our hobby with us. This is a 5 hour event, please plan to be here if you need to be, and plan transport for children you are comfortable leaving with the group.
10. The games we play and the group is appropriate for kids ages 10+. That being said, we have adult players, teenagers, and kids between 10 and 13 that come on a regular basis. Understand that we have a very diverse age group. Older kids and adults are asked to keep their language appropriate for the youngest player, and all players are to be respected regardless of age.

11. EYE PROTECTION IS REQUIRED. If you don't have eye protection, you cannot play. No exceptions. This is part of bringing your own equipment, we do not have loaner eye protection. Nerf makes facemasks that can be purchased for $15 at the nearby target or walmart.

Game types
-Flux

-Team Slayer

- Pistol Rounds

- One in the chamber

- Payload

- other assorted types

If there is any questions feel free to post them or, message me or the organizer on meetup

#355311 Rhode Island August War

Posted by Caruso on 01 August 2016 - 04:25 PM in Nerf Wars

To RSVP and for more info go to the Meetup group http://www.meetup.co...ents/232999134/

When

- Saturday August 13, 2016

Where

- 297 New Meadow Road, Barrington, RI. Park in the side lot, we play behind the building.

Ages

Blasters

- No homemades

Darts

Rules
- Don't be a jerk.
- YOU MUST PROVIDE YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. There will be no loner blasters. No more exceptions. A had a $40 blaster get broken last year and it will not happen again.

Game types
-Flux

-Team Slayer

- Pistol Rounds

- One in the chamber

- Payload

- other assorted types

If there is any questions feel free to post them or, message me or the organizer on meetup.

#355451 Rhode Island August War

Posted by Caruso on 09 August 2016 - 04:29 PM in Nerf Wars

The war is this Saturday.

#360929 Rhode Island July Nerf War

Posted by Caruso on 07 July 2017 - 08:02 AM in Nerf Wars

I'd probably show up if the event was from 10am - 5pm to justify driving all the way, and if there was more to play than just super stock. 

That's just my two cents, but there's probably many people that feel just like I do. 

Others have said that but not as nicely as you did. The true of it is that our group doesn't really have a base interest for nic. We don't have any nic blasters and only two of us have talk about making a trip to NENO event someday. And the most of ours players are younger age and pretty green to modding so nic is out of there ability and parents' comfort zone. So nic rounds would not be well receive and we have check with a numbers of our players. That being said if some day if our group gets interest enough into nic, we will host a nic war.

This wasn't meant to be directed at you, Lucian. It was just a good time and opportunity to explain before someone say something along the lines of 'allow nic and you will double your numbers' which the opposite is more likely to happen. 

#360917 Rhode Island July Nerf War

Posted by Caruso on 06 July 2017 - 07:11 AM in Nerf Wars

To RSVP and for more info go to the Meetup group https://www.meetup.c...ents/240665040/

- Saturday July15, 2017

- Starts at 12pm and end around 5pm

Where

- 297 New Meadow Road, Barrington, RI. Park in the side lot, we play behind the building.

Ages

Blasters

- No homemades

Darts

- full length, straw mod is ok but no other dart mods

Rules

1. Don't be a jerk (This is the most important rule)
2. Don't be a jerk (Seriously, poor sportsmanship will get you asked to leave)
As a side note, I have never asked anyone to leave, we have a very good group of players.
3. Provide your own equipment, there may be loaner blasters available for first timers or guests, but in general, you are responsible for providing your own equipment. This includes blasters, darts, magazines, and other various equipment. I recommend marking your darts with your initials as well as marking your blasters and accessories.
4. Bring water.
5. BRING WATER, I don't care if it's 40 degrees out, you will be running around, you will be exercising, you will get tired and you will need to stay hydrated.
6. Bring something for lunch or some snacks if you want to eat in between rounds.
7. Melee weapons may be approved for use based on game type, number of players, and the nature of the melee weapon itself. Don't count on getting to use melee if you bring it, I will let you know once I see it and have games planned out.
8. Home made blasters/darts and modified darts are not allowed. We play Superstock games. Modified blasters are fine as long as they are within roughly 130 FPS. This rule is strictly enforced. No home mades. We have a lot of younger players with access to nothing but stock load outs and they want to have fun too.
9. FOR PARENTS: We are not responsible for your children. We are not a summer camp or official organization, just a group of Nerf enthusiasts who invite anyone else to enjoy our hobby with us. This is a 5 hour event, please plan to be here if you need to be, and plan transport for children you are comfortable leaving with the group.
10. The games we play and the group is appropriate for kids ages 10+. That being said, we have adult players, teenagers, and kids between 10 and 13 that come on a regular basis. Understand that we have a very diverse age group. Older kids and adults are asked to keep their language appropriate for the youngest player, and all players are to be respected regardless of age.

11. EYE PROTECTION IS REQUIRED. If you don't have eye protection, you cannot play. No exceptions. This is part of bringing your own equipment, we do not have loaner eye protection. Nerf makes facemasks that can be purchased for $15 at the nearby target or walmart.

Game types
-Flux

-Team Slayer

- Pistol Rounds

- One in the chamber

- Payload

- other assorted types

If there is any questions feel free to post them or, message me or the organizer on meetup

#355049 Rhode Island July Nerf War

Posted by Caruso on 17 July 2016 - 02:09 PM in Nerf Wars

The War is this Saturday and according to meetup there are 21 people attending.

#354644 Rhode Island July Nerf War

Posted by Caruso on 28 June 2016 - 05:23 PM in Nerf Wars

Rhode Island Summer Nerf league July War

To RSVP and for more info go to the Meetup group http://www.meetup.co...ents/232185446/

When

- Saturday July 23, 2016

Where

- 297 New Meadow Road, Barrington, RI. Park in the side lot, we play behind the building.

Ages

Blasters

- No homemades

Darts

Rules
- Don't be a jerk.

Game types
-Flux

-Team Slayer

- Pistol Rounds

- One in the chamber

- Payload

- other assorted types

If there is any questions feel free to post them or, message me or the organizer on meetup.